8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Unread post by freshbalsam »

rosie_dalia wrote:Do they have to say she's using Dove products because they are one of their major sponsors? Sponsors don't like it when you use a completing brand. I highly doubt Dove is fixing her skin problems at all. If the kid has a prescription they should fill it. I went to a dermatologist and got a prescription and used it and the difference was dramatic and FAST. Poor kid.

Hopefully she's doing the oral antibiotic, but Ruby wants to make it look like Dove is improving her skin. That would be lying, but I wouldn't put it past her.
They said the would be getting the medications from the dermatologist in the mail. So I’m assuming they haven’t gotten it yet, but that she switched over to the soap and ditched the high end cleansers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by GGF1987 »

I know Chad has some anger issues(I mean who wouldn't be, being raised the way they are) but I can't help but think whatever made them decide to send him away is something they are blowing out of proportion. I guess what bothers me is they let Shari treat and talk to people like complete crap. They let Shari(and Eve too) get by with whatever but they are so strict with the other kids especially Chad. They created this mess in my opinion.
CoolDad
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CoolDad »

[ Long time lurker. English is not my native language. Latin, south Europe and catholic family background. ]

My ̶t̶w̶o̶ couple of cents on Chad's issue and 7+1 Passengers:
I find this YouTube family to be quite dysfunctional, without healthy routines and most important without consistency. Consistency is the key!
If there was a serious issue with Chad, I would assume that a normal/typical family would move mountains to help and support him, i.e. no time to YouTube, at least to post so many videos. An expected reaction from the parents would be: "we will be away from YT for a couple of days/weeks/..." or "expect fewer videos". But no, Kevin goes into an intercontinental trip with his students (bye bye family!); after we have several videos with the family on a road trip (nothing particularly relevant), the home return (a couple of random videos), and suddenly, the video (Chad's needs a fix, here is our decision - btw it almost looked like a sponsored video). And back again to the regular schedule as the show must go on...

Shari's lately seemed (and said) that she was closer to her brother (which was not a "kid" anymore rather "Chad"), and it really let me believe that there was an healthy bond between the two.
Chad's body language on the assumption video and on many others on Shari's channel seemed relaxed and comfortable with the camera/topics. - IIRC some time ago Ruby said that Chad, as "all" teens, would probably be less often on camera, until the day he would be comfortable again to return. The same happen with Shari as there was a time she didn't want to be on camera and Ruby respected that, one day she "returned" to the family vlogs and she was happy again to be on camera.

Things that make me wonder, "Why?" :
  • None of their children reply "I love you too", at least spontaneously.
  • no favorite family activity (not TV/videogame, religion or school related).
  • home cooked meals are a perk when they should be the norm.
  • lack of emotional engagement and touch: the "thank you" is almost always said in a shy way, they do not kiss or give a true hug, be it parents to children or among siblings, even when they are apart for several days. Probably my latin/south european background, but I was used to say a warm good night/morning to my parents, grandparents and older siblings. I now expect the same from my kids. It is also a great bonding tool and later on the teen years to make sure that the goodnight kiss fulfils the established curfew and the alcohol and smoke test.
  • most of the days the children look sleep deprived. I always remember Chad waking up in the very early morning to watch TV and I find it odd to happen, and even more to be on a vlog and no reaction from Ruby.
  • we are in 2019, does Ruby (and Kevin, and many other YT families) really believe that they have the perfect bubble and that the young teens do not know how to bypass parental online limitations? Kids are curious, and the more you try to hide things the more they will want to see it... Or are they just playing the puritan/moralist role to get the credits among their religion community?
  • family friends (not YT "friends") where are they? The same for the children, where are their best friends? And I mean their first name being mentioned, or some funny moments being told, not necessarily having them on camera for privacy reasons. Only the potential dating material gets to be on the vlogs... right...
  • last but not least: I find that there are to many words said (and written on the whiteboard) on and among that family but not so much heart and feelings being shared!
Next year Chad might be having the first driving lessons and in less than two years he might have a car... Most probably he will keep having an absent dad... a control freak mother with total lack of consistency... a religion that is not easy to accept the difference nor being questioned, a super competitive big sister running for miss perfection award, a family YT channel that manipulates the reality, school pressure, friends and friendships that need to be nurtured... oh boy, it looks like he has an heavy backpack to carry.

Ruby's remember me one commonly used definition of insanity: "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
Kevin... the lack of emotional intelligence, the absence, the runaway from one on one with his kids... Imagine if he had taken the time to do a trip with Chad (instead of Europe with pupils), not as a reward for poor behavior but as quality time for a son that needs help, shouldn't that be dad's job?!?

--
“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
_______ Son, brother, friend, healthcare social worker, husband and dad of 3; order preference varies all the time ;) | Forum lurker | English is not my native language |
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

freshbalsam wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:25 pm
rosie_dalia wrote:Do they have to say she's using Dove products because they are one of their major sponsors? Sponsors don't like it when you use a completing brand. I highly doubt Dove is fixing her skin problems at all. If the kid has a prescription they should fill it. I went to a dermatologist and got a prescription and used it and the difference was dramatic and FAST. Poor kid.

Hopefully she's doing the oral antibiotic, but Ruby wants to make it look like Dove is improving her skin. That would be lying, but I wouldn't put it past her.
They said the would be getting the medications from the dermatologist in the mail. So I’m assuming they haven’t gotten it yet, but that she switched over to the soap and ditched the high end cleansers.
Yes, my topical skin treatment comes that way too, but it's always shipped express overnight. But with the oral antibiotics, Ruby would/could just pick them up at the local pharmacy—no need to ship something super common like that.

Of course, who knows with this family. All the Griffiths are becoming masterful liars.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

GGF1987 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:59 pm I know Chad has some anger issues(I mean who wouldn't be, being raised the way they are) but I can't help but think whatever made them decide to send him away is something they are blowing out of proportion. I guess what bothers me is they let Shari treat and talk to people like complete crap. They let Shari(and Eve too) get by with whatever but they are so strict with the other kids especially Chad. They created this mess in my opinion.
one of my first thoughts was that Shari would benefit from some wilderness therapy as well, to get down from her very high horse and understand what it means to be humblea and work together in a team.
bluebutterfly_05
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bluebutterfly_05 »

It was the doctor that recommended the dove soap.
alexmorgan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:51 am Well, that video was a wild ride. They didnt get any of the things the doctor recommended for Abby, shes just using dove soap. Ruby takes Kevin to the hospital for the surgery but they dont explain what surgery he is getting. Ruby jokes that she had the same surgery and that you just read her book to find out more. He gets to go home after spending some time in the recovery room. At home they talk about the surgery. In Rubys words: "a new place to poop" (full rectal reconstruction). I cant make out exactly what Kevin is saying before that, but since she said she had the same surgery its probably that.
Then they talk about the hate letter that was dropped off at their house. The whole situation is a bit confusing. A mother wrote it because she was upset because Ruby didnt show up in her life the way she thought she would. She also mentions she cant have personal relationships with other peoples children. Maybe the daughter of that woman tried to talk to the family on social media and didnt get a reply?
What that woman did is wrong. But it is also concerning that something like that happens and they dont seem to think about why this woman was able to find them so easily. They show their neighbourhod, their van (with their logo on it), school logos, mention their towns name,... :|
alexmorgan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alexmorgan »

bluebutterfly_05 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:57 pm It was the doctor that recommended the dove soap.
alexmorgan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:51 am Well, that video was a wild ride. They didnt get any of the things the doctor recommended for Abby, shes just using dove soap. Ruby takes Kevin to the hospital for the surgery but they dont explain what surgery he is getting. Ruby jokes that she had the same surgery and that you just read her book to find out more. He gets to go home after spending some time in the recovery room. At home they talk about the surgery. In Rubys words: "a new place to poop" (full rectal reconstruction). I cant make out exactly what Kevin is saying before that, but since she said she had the same surgery its probably that.
Then they talk about the hate letter that was dropped off at their house. The whole situation is a bit confusing. A mother wrote it because she was upset because Ruby didnt show up in her life the way she thought she would. She also mentions she cant have personal relationships with other peoples children. Maybe the daughter of that woman tried to talk to the family on social media and didnt get a reply?
What that woman did is wrong. But it is also concerning that something like that happens and they dont seem to think about why this woman was able to find them so easily. They show their neighbourhod, their van (with their logo on it), school logos, mention their towns name,... :|
He said she could use it to wash her face before using what he recommended. That’s the point, he didn’t say forget everything i just told you and just use dove soap.
lightasfeather
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lightasfeather »

LilaRose wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:23 pm
GGF1987 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:59 pm I know Chad has some anger issues(I mean who wouldn't be, being raised the way they are) but I can't help but think whatever made them decide to send him away is something they are blowing out of proportion. I guess what bothers me is they let Shari treat and talk to people like complete crap. They let Shari(and Eve too) get by with whatever but they are so strict with the other kids especially Chad. They created this mess in my opinion.
one of my first thoughts was that Shari would benefit from some wilderness therapy as well, to get down from her very high horse and understand what it means to be humblea and work together in a team.
Haha, same... I mean we do not know what really happened with Chad, so there may be a severe enough situation to resolve it, but from what they show the kid if theirs that would need attitude adjustment the most and break from social media and her high school coach is Shari. Chad has much more empathy and actually tends to have kind moments shown, we have never seen anything positive from Shari that isn't just about her own benefit. Perhaps I don't watch often enough.
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

alexmorgan wrote:
bluebutterfly_05 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:57 pm It was the doctor that recommended the dove soap.
He said she could use it to wash her face before using what he recommended. That’s the point, he didn’t say forget everything i just told you and just use dove soap.
Antibiotics would be the last thing I would take for acne. I have used Dove soap all my life and it’s great for your skin. I am not saying they aren’t lying for the vlog though.

Diablo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Diablo »

Y’all are deluding yourselves if you truly believe Chad being sent away is going to help him—or that it was done for reasons other than the church and their faith. You know how a lot of Hispanics send their kids to back to their countries of origin after they mess up here in the states so that they realize how good they have it? Yeah no, this isn’t that.

I spent a good chunk of time behind the Zion Curtain (Utah), and kids get sent away A LOT more than any of you would think. You question the church in a significant or public way, and refuse to attend church or believe? You need to go out into the wilderness and ask Heavenly Father to guide you in the right direction. You had sex/smoked some weed/dated a Black guy? You’re out of control and need to get away from all earthly, unholy distractions and repent with help so that you may once again find the lord and be delightsome (That last example is a reason my Son’s female friend was sent away). You refuse to conform to being a delightsome, wholesome, vessel of the testament of Christ? Sent the f*ck away to receive a healthy dose of Jesus and Joe Smith. I mean look at the Mormon alcoholic camp Shay shipped himself off to, how well did that work? Now listen, Mormons aren’t the only ones sending their kids off when they become “out of control” there are fundy Christians that do the same, so please don’t think I’m singling them out.

Chad isn’t my favorite with his attitude and cocky disposition, but I really wish the best for the kid. He may have some deep-rooted behavioral problems, but no one deserves to be shipped off, blamed for their parent’s shortcomings, and subsequently indoctrinated at a facility. Where those behavioral issues came from? We’ll never know. But let’s be completely honest here—anyone growing up under the umbrella of the Griffiths is bound to have a breakdown or crisis at some point. Ellie is doing a number on Jackson, and that shit will manifest one day. There are multiple other examples in that family, but they sadly aren’t an isolated incident. That state is one of the most drugged up and depressed for a reason. Its a beautiful state that is slowly but surely changing culture-wise to be “less Mormony” with the influx of Californians, Texans, and folks being priced out of Colorado. The church elders won’t go down without a fight, though I’m sure.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Didn't Ruby mention that Chad didn't want to take his scriptures with him to that training camp? (Where is Chad? - video, time stamp 1:18)
AlexVause
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AlexVause »

I'm laughing at the image of Shari at camp!
Can you imagine? Her bossing everyone around and probably lusting over the camp leader (not sure what they are called).
But I fully agree, she is the one who needs a biiig piece of humble pie, the little dictator of the family.
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

Came across this photo on Instagram... Unsure if it's old or new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
yttrash
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yttrash »

gopedjane wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:37 am
alexmorgan wrote:

Antibiotics would be the last thing I would take for acne. I have used Dove soap all my life and it’s great for your skin. I am not saying they aren’t lying for the vlog though.

I had acne as bad as Abby's in middle school. I was put on antibiotics for a short time and it was the first thing to significantly help my skin. Nothing wrong with a simple routine of dove soap if that works for you, but a lot of people need a lot more. Acne is not only unsightly but can be painful, and hurt ones self esteem as well. Doctors dont let you stay on antibiotics very long due to antibiotic resistance, but it helps to overhaul the skin while finding another solution. For me the solution was birth control, and another oral medication. I greatly appreciate the intelligent dermatologist and my mom for swallowing her pride, taking me to the derm, and allowing me to go on birth control in middle school.
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

The doctor recommended dove soap? I'd get a different doctor then

Sent from my DUB-LX2 using Tapatalk

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Kataja wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 am Didn't Ruby mention that Chad didn't want to take his scriptures with him to that training camp? (Where is Chad? - video, time stamp 1:18)
Ruby is so calculating and manipulative with the content she shows, it is hard to understand what was actually happening there. I think she was trying to show us that in the end, Chad brought his scriptures and "made the right choice" and "could be saved". For all we know, Ruby packed it for vlog footage. None of it makes sense though. We know Chad was only allowed to bring underwear and nothing else. We saw the garbage bag of the clothes stripped off Chad's back in the hotel. It is like prison-lite, where all personal possessions are stripped from you to start breaking you down. So why would Ruby be so intent on making him lug a book with him just for the flight(?) to Arizona, only to be lugged home again by Ruby and Kevin? Perhaps those of you who said Chad was sent there for being too smart for his family might be right....
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

grapesandbeans wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:44 am The doctor recommended dove soap? I'd get a different doctor then Image

Sent from my DUB-LX2 using Tapatalk
The part where Dove soap was "prescribed" was conveniently off camera. Ruby might have asked him if Dove fit the general recommendation of Derms to just use a gentle cleanser. She was clear it was the Griffiths family soap of choice, and Ruby's sister just did a Dove promo so it fits her soap pushing. Funny how she managed to get every invasive health question on camera, but not the Dove soap endorsement.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I'm not convince a fourteen year old loves wandering around in the desert in one hundred plus temperatures rationing rice and lentils meals.
From Kevins IG:
By the way, for those of you wondering, we received a letter from Chad this week, and he is loving his experience at the @anasazifoundation. He is having many adventures, and we are grateful for the growth and maturity that we are witnessing already in him.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're such liars. "Major Surgery".
A hemorrhoidectomy is NOT major surgery. As a matter of fact, anything that can be done on an outpatient basis is not "major surgery"
I was just looking at the thumbnails-- WHY is Eve allowed to be making that face in the "Telling the Kids About Chad" video? They'll be having to send her away someday. She thinks (because she is told so) that she can get away with anything because she's "cute".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

YTIG60 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:12 pm I'm not convince a fourteen year old loves wandering around in the desert in one hundred plus temperatures rationing rice and lentils meals.
From Kevins IG:
By the way, for those of you wondering, we received a letter from Chad this week, and he is loving his experience at the @anasazifoundation. He is having many adventures, and we are grateful for the growth and maturity that we are witnessing already in him.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Chad is honestly loving it. Not necessarily for what it is, but because its a chance to be away from cameras, "fame" his wacky mother, and his siblings. There's rules for sure, but his every shortcoming arent posted for millions (including his school mates) to see, his bossy sister isn't there, and he isn't being made to preform for his mothers yotuube channel. So, I have no doubt that Chad is enjoying his time away.
I hope when he comes back he demands some privacy.

Return to “8 Passengers”