8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Passengers : The Dementia Years | Part #12

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think it's hugely telling that Chad is "the happiest he's ever been", and according to Ruby, isn't ready to come home yet. And that Kevin and Ruby don't get why that is troubling.
Kevin has shown bad grammar and spelling before. He's not an English priest. He's a geologist. He probably isn't even aware of how bad it is. I have a cousin in medical school who is super smart but mixes up your and you're, and there, their and they're all the time. Not defending Kevin at all. I think he's a terrible father.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

soojin
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by soojin »

Every parent should be able to raise their child however they see fit, but they should also be ready to handle criticism, and take responsibility for the decisions they make.

I have to say this because when I saw her vlog, she’s trying so hard to justify her actions because of actual genuine criticisms, which just means she’s obviously insecure as a parent.

Also I have read the book she mentioned about the vlog that some professor recommended to her, “Coddling of the American mind”. THAT BOOK WILL NOT JUSTIFY HER ACTIONS AT ALL! Lol she’s wasting her time. I’ve read the book.

For those who don’t know, “Coddling of the American mind” isn’t about why she should expect her 13 year old Mormon kid to be a responsible adult. The book is basically criticizing how young Americans in Academia are unable to handle criticisms, and views that oppose their own. Jonathan Haidt (author of the book) is criticizing College “safe-space” and “trigger” culture.

The book has nothing to do with Chad at all, it is about not making your kids grown up and be held responsible for their actions.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread coming tomorrow morning. Go ahead and suggest some titles for the new thread.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:46 pm I think it's hugely telling that Chad is "the happiest he's ever been", and according to Ruby, isn't ready to come home yet. And that Kevin and Ruby don't get why that is troubling.
Kevin has shown bad grammar and spelling before. He's not an English priest. He's a geologist. He probably isn't even aware of how bad it is. I have a cousin in medical school who is super smart but mixes up your and you're, and there, their and they're all the time. Not defending Kevin at all. I think he's a terrible father.

Kevin's a civil engineer. My husband is also a civil engineer and can't spell anything correctly.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks. Don't know why I thought geologist. In any case, it's a scientific/ math field rather than a language/liberal arts kind of thing.

kates_crush
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kates_crush »

that whole squirrel post kevin made is weird and if true, a horrible teaching lesson for a child.
it's teaching being vindictive. killing a squirrel because YOU made the mistake of not securing your food?
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 pm I know this is an older post...but Kevin is a college professor, right? So you think he would know the past tense of, “sneak,” Is, “snuck.”
“A fat squill sneaked into chads food supply.” Is bad grammar. So that leads me to believe maybe Ruby is running Kevin’s insta? He should just know better. And we all know ruby had the worst grammar & spelling.
Also. It makes me so, so sad that chad had to be sent away from his insane family to a, “camp,” (that most would consider a punishment.) to be happy. Being away from the family is, “the happiest he’s ever been.” That doesn’t say very much for their home life. And ruby is the last person I’d buy a parenting book from. Poor chad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually "sneaked" is grammatically correct and is the original past tense of sneak (think leak - > leaked). "Snuck" was only introduced later (what I read just said 1800s so I guess it's been around for a long time). Either one is considered grammatically correct today.

I personally didn't know "snuck" was acceptable because my grammar training taught me that "sneaked" was proper. So I guess "sneaked" is just more old fashioned/traditional.
Happy Mommy 319
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happy Mommy 319 »

ICantEven wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:28 pm I know this is an older post...but Kevin is a college professor, right? So you think he would know the past tense of, “sneak,” Is, “snuck.”
“A fat squill sneaked into chads food supply.” Is bad grammar. So that leads me to believe maybe Ruby is running Kevin’s insta? He should just know better. And we all know ruby had the worst grammar & spelling.
Also. It makes me so, so sad that chad had to be sent away from his insane family to a, “camp,” (that most would consider a punishment.) to be happy. Being away from the family is, “the happiest he’s ever been.” That doesn’t say very much for their home life. And ruby is the last person I’d buy a parenting book from. Poor chad.

Actually "sneaked" is grammatically correct and is the original past tense of sneak (think leak - > leaked). "Snuck" was only introduced later (what I read just said 1800s so I guess it's been around for a long time). Either one is considered grammatically correct today.

I personally didn't know "snuck" was acceptable because my grammar training taught me that "sneaked" was proper. So I guess "sneaked" is just more old fashioned/traditional.
In school always got in huge trouble if we said sneaked because it sounds like we’re uneducated. Maybe that’s why I thought it was wrong.
I’m just saying for a professor I would hold him to higher standards. I wouldn’t be too thrilled if my professor couldn’t properly spell or use proper grammar.

Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

ba1006 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:18 am
lmmomSD wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:46 pm I think it's hugely telling that Chad is "the happiest he's ever been", and according to Ruby, isn't ready to come home yet. And that Kevin and Ruby don't get why that is troubling.

Kevin's a civil engineer. My husband is also a civil engineer and can't spell anything correctly.
OMG! My husband's a civil engineer as well and I bought him a mug one Christmas that says: "I'm a Civil Enginer...Enginerr...Engeneer.....I do hard math." Lol!
Instantly
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Instantly »

Did anyone ever find out who wrote and hand delivered that letter to ruby? I was thinking about it while watching Shari's homecoming video and I wonder if it was Brevins mother?
Ash_cats123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ash_cats123 »

TITle suggestion
8passengers: Problem child? Send em to the wild.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Is Chad at one of those abusive "wilderness camps" that are popular in Utah?
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

SwiftlyD wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 pm I don't know if this is just because I'm not a parent but I have a huge issue with shipping tour kid off to some camp for months. Sending your kiss to daycare is one thing because some parents literally can't be come for the kids because they're making a living but to me sending your kid away is a whole different thing. It kind of just seems like lazy parenting to me like if Chad is having mental health issues send him to an actual therapist not to some camp where he's in the middle of the desert hiking for days on end. Maybe he actually needs to be on anti depressants or adhdeda if his mental health is so bad he's failing school.

Sidenote: my brain automatically went to the lgbtq community when ruby said that there was rhetoric out there she doesn't agree with in yesterday's video
Sorry for all my misspelled words guess I should spell check in the future
Happy Mommy 319
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happy Mommy 319 »

SwiftlyD wrote:
SwiftlyD wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:31 pm I don't know if this is just because I'm not a parent but I have a huge issue with shipping tour kid off to some camp for months. Sending your kiss to daycare is one thing because some parents literally can't be come for the kids because they're making a living but to me sending your kid away is a whole different thing. It kind of just seems like lazy parenting to me like if Chad is having mental health issues send him to an actual therapist not to some camp where he's in the middle of the desert hiking for days on end. Maybe he actually needs to be on anti depressants or adhdeda if his mental health is so bad he's failing school.

Sidenote: my brain automatically went to the lgbtq community when ruby said that there was rhetoric out there she doesn't agree with in yesterday's video
I don’t think chad is gay. But you never know! I think he might be questioning his Mormon background. I know if my kid was questioning his Mormon upbringing (I’m not
Mormon.) instead of shipping him away I would try my very hardest to love him through it and set an example of what a, “real Mormon,” would do I’d try to live a life in front of him that would help him see the “truth.” Now I know everyone is different. But ruby says “mothers are powerful.” You can’t be a powerful mother when you shop your kid off to a camp so he can walk off his bad behaviour. He’s probably got lack of attention, Mom was always pregnant or had a new born baby to take care of. And let’s face it. Ruby can hardly pay attention to her kids on a good day. There’s no way she could handle a toddler and a new born baby/ one baby after the other. And he’s also probably feeling rebellious because he’s supposed to live up to little miss goodie two shoes Shari.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:23 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote:Coming from the girl who lied about a hit and run, can't stay in the lines on the highway because she can't see them, wears airpods while driving, leaves the engine running while the car is in the garage, and intentionally stops short when she thinks the person behind her is too close.....

Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 1.38.47 AM.png
She lied about a hit and run??? When?!

It wasn't a serious one, but you can hear Shari lie and try and wiggle out of it in this vlog below @ 8:55. It obviously was more than a "nick" with that huge dent. She said she was parking, so it should have been directly next to the van she was in. Pretty hard to believe "she couldn't find it".

SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:01 pm
SwiftlyD wrote:

I don’t think chad is gay. But you never know! I think he might be questioning his Mormon background. I know if my kid was questioning his Mormon upbringing (I’m not
Mormon.) instead of shipping him away I would try my very hardest to love him through it and set an example of what a, “real Mormon,” would do I’d try to live a life in front of him that would help him see the “truth.” Now I know everyone is different. But ruby says “mothers are powerful.” You can’t be a powerful mother when you shop your kid off to a camp so he can walk off his bad behaviour. He’s probably got lack of attention, Mom was always pregnant or had a new born baby to take care of. And let’s face it. Ruby can hardly pay attention to her kids on a good day. There’s no way she could handle a toddler and a new born baby/ one baby after the other. And he’s also probably feeling rebellious because he’s supposed to live up to little miss goodie two shoes Shari.

I didn't mean to imply that Chad was gay at all because that's none of our business until he was to hypothetically come out. I just think he could be your normal rebellious teenager trying to test the limits in healthy ways to us but not so normal in super Mormon Utah mixed with lack of attention. He'd 14 right? That's only 4 years until he goes on a mission (if he does) I would want every moment I could have with my son because those 4 years will go fast then he's gone for two and will probably automatically come back go to college and marry someone.
Jamesjan6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jamesjan6 »

I was hit in a parking lot recently while I was grocery shopping. Apparently a truck parked nose to nose w mine and pulled up too close and hit my car. The person looked real quick didn’t see anything and went inside the store. Thank god there was a witness that called the police or I would have had no clue and left. turned out the nik that the person couldn’t see was over $600 of repairs Bc i needed a new grill Bc it was cracked

Sherry is a bossy jerk who thinks she can do no wrong. Sorry, everything about her rubs me the wrong way.

Also how come ruby can’t even help the little kids get ready for school but she basically made the rolls sherry gave to her “date” Bc sherry couldn’t do it ? I don’t get it. I feel like sherry gets anything she asks for. She knows how to manipulate her parents and siblings to do things for her.

tn37185mp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tn37185mp »

I understand that some people can go several days without washing their hair and it still looks beautiful but I think Ruby pushes it to an extreme. She likes to brag about how many days she has gone without washing her hair and in my mind I know what greasy hair smells like. It stinks! Furthermore, Abby most definitely needs to be washing her hair more frequently. Her hair was extremely greasy today and she was going to go with it that way with Ruby to the mother/daughter meeting. I’m sure her greasy hair laying on her face doesn’t help her acne either.
Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ckc717 »

Julie looks miserable throughout the whole vlog... even when ruby is trying to compliment her on being a good sister but especially when she got dragged to that conference thing with ruby. I hope she was paid to vlog today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

8 days worth of greasy hair...that’s beyond disgusting. Can you imagine what her pillow smells like? 🤮 I think Shari is going to be battling with her body because she is fighting the natural build she has..short stature, stalky legs. She’s never going to be ok with herself. Sad.

Return to “8 Passengers”