8 Passengers: Do Not Obey & They Send You Away | Part #13

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Do Not Obey & They Send You Away | Part #13

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:11 pm
ujvs_ wrote:“preparation for husband/father begin now” regarding Chad. who was 10. i feel sick. #mothersarepowerful
I don't want to speculate on whether or not he's gay, but jeez. It's pretty obvious that he is expected to get married and pop out babies with a nice Mormon girl.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The husband/father business was also listed with the line about not being able to be a leader outside the family, if you can't lead a family. It certainly seems like they had significant concerns at 10 that Chad wasn't going to "lead a family" as a husband and father. What triggers parents to have such focus on making a 5th grader understand that his destiny is to to procreate with women? No wonder they found the public school curriculum lacking.
Mila1
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Mila1 »

Catface2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:30 am All that shit in the thankful book freaks me out! It’s like they’re walking a weird line of FLDS and are trying to act like they are actual profits themselves...wtf? These poor kids! Their parents have and are ruining them at core level. A lot of that writing...influencing is like a patriarchal blessing. I’m just sick. They are completely diluted and wayyy too full of themselves. Kevin and Ruby are the opposite of Christlike. I’m going to throw up now.
What is FLDS?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

FLDS is the fundamentalist mormon church that was run by Warren Jeffs. It is a branch of mormons who practiced polygamy and is very much a cult. They had child brides married off to very old men in arranged marriages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cvntlord0606
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cvntlord0606 »

my theory is that they are trying to marry off chad young. A bit far fetched i know, but like it makes sense. Ruby's relationship with him is weird and not like the average mom relationship (jumps on him, spanks him and screams that he smells bad), they sent him off to a camp to survive the wilderness and learn to live on his own, and now today they show that journal saying "father's blessings for school" whatever the hell that means. In the journal it says chad is in 5th grade and they have written "preparation for husband/father begins now", "if you cannot lead your family you will not be able to lead outside the home" and "be open to spirit and your capacity as a leader will be revealed to you". all i can say is wtf. Who the hell writes that about their kid at any age, religious or not? Why do you need to prepare your 10 year old for marriage and fatherhood unless you know someone is going to marry him? and why are they so keen for him to grow up? god this family i just don't understand. They are completely living like the crazy kind of mormons who look up to Warren Jeffs. Not saying all mormons are crazy, just the ones who see a sex offender as their prophet.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I have to say Ruby looks really good in this vlog. I think she's the prettiest of all the sisters.
Z3phyr
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Z3phyr »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:25 pm FLDS is the fundamentalist mormon church that was run by Warren Jeffs. It is a branch of mormons who practiced polygamy and is very much a cult. They had child brides married off to very old men in arranged marriages.

LDS is the modern incarnation of the Mormon church. Joseph Smith was a polygamist. The decision to abandon polygamy was a political one.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

NEW THREAD COMING TOMORROW

GO AND SUGGEST SOME TITLES FOR THE NEXT THREAD.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Z3phyr wrote:
Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:25 pm FLDS is the fundamentalist mormon church that was run by Warren Jeffs. It is a branch of mormons who practiced polygamy and is very much a cult. They had child brides married off to very old men in arranged marriages.

LDS is the modern incarnation of the Mormon church. Joseph Smith was a polygamist. The decision to abandon polygamy was a political one.
It sure was. They wanted to join the US, and when they were told that polygamy was a felony, the prophet "had a revelation" that God didn't want them to practice polygamy anymore.
I can see Kevin thinking it would be great. But Ruby would wig out. Can you imagine her having to share with another woman?

SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

When they all wear the same pajamas it looks like their in a cult or something

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

cvntlord0606 wrote:my theory is that they are trying to marry off chad young. A bit far fetched i know, but like it makes sense. Ruby's relationship with him is weird and not like the average mom relationship (jumps on him, spanks him and screams that he smells bad), they sent him off to a camp to survive the wilderness and learn to live on his own, and now today they show that journal saying "father's blessings for school" whatever the hell that means. In the journal it says chad is in 5th grade and they have written "preparation for husband/father begins now", "if you cannot lead your family you will not be able to lead outside the home" and "be open to spirit and your capacity as a leader will be revealed to you". all i can say is wtf. Who the hell writes that about their kid at any age, religious or not? Why do you need to prepare your 10 year old for marriage and fatherhood unless you know someone is going to marry him? and why are they so keen for him to grow up? god this family i just don't understand. They are completely living like the crazy kind of mormons who look up to Warren Jeffs. Not saying all mormons are crazy, just the ones who see a sex offender as their prophet.
You could be right because usually Kidman's marry young anyways. I can see he him getting married by 22 after he's home from a mission.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:08 am
Z3phyr wrote:

It sure was. They wanted to join the US, and when they were told that polygamy was a felony, the prophet "had a revelation" that God didn't want them to practice polygamy anymore.
I can see Kevin thinking it would be great. But Ruby would wig out. Can you imagine her having to share with another woman?

I can't see Kevin wanting more wives, just mistresses. I imagine Ruby is quite a handful. Also, many FLDS marry sisters, cousins, mother/daughter pairs, etc. Can you imagine dealing with all the Griffiths women as sister wives - now that is a show I would watch!
--------------------------------------------------
On the FLDS stuff mentioned earlier, there are many different sects, the one Warren Jeffs ran was just one of them. The Mormon family gunned down in Mexico was a completely different one, the reality TV polygamists are in a third, etc. The 8 Passengers' vlogger friend April Orgill was in the sect run by Jeffs, but that is just the most infamous one. FLDS is still very much alive today. Does anyone know what a "Blessing" is? Is it a prayer, a "revelation" or just a man imparting his "special relationship with God" onto those not granted the same (i.e. women and children)? I know the Tanner/YAWI family made Branson come home from a date to "give a blessing" to Az before they would take him to the hospital for his concussion. They seemed to believe his recovery was a direct result of that. However, Kevin's school "Blessing" seemed more like a wish list mixed with a little "revelation".....
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

So according to IG, Ruby got Botox several months ago. She claims she only got it in 3 spots between her eyebrows. Did anyone else see quite a few noticeable bumps all over her forehead though? They were very regularly spaced so I'm thinking she got Botox all over her forehead. So why lie about it?

Get Botox if you want. Tell your viewers about it only if you want to. Be a strong, powerful woman, Ruby. (or are you only a powerful mother, not a powerful woman?) More likely she's just trying to make a buck from the dermatology center she's promoting.

Also it looks weird to have no wrinkles on your face when you're making the face in the attached pic.
Screenshot_20191123-154422_Instagram.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

ICantEven wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:49 pm So according to IG, Ruby got Botox several months ago. She claims she only got it in 3 spots between her eyebrows. Did anyone else see quite a few noticeable bumps all over her forehead though? They were very regularly spaced so I'm thinking she got Botox all over her forehead. So why lie about it?

Get Botox if you want. Tell your viewers about it only if you want to. Be a strong, powerful woman, Ruby. (or are you only a powerful mother, not a powerful woman?) More likely she's just trying to make a buck from the dermatology center she's promoting.

Also it looks weird to have no wrinkles on your face when you're making the face in the attached pic.
She vlogged about getting Botox, so it has never been a secret or something. Her mother had suggested to her to get it done (she's doing it as well).
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

LilaRose wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:04 pm
ICantEven wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:49 pm So according to IG, Ruby got Botox several months ago. She claims she only got it in 3 spots between her eyebrows. Did anyone else see quite a few noticeable bumps all over her forehead though? They were very regularly spaced so I'm thinking she got Botox all over her forehead. So why lie about it?

She vlogged about getting Botox, so it has never been a secret or something. Her mother had suggested to her to get it done (she's doing it as well).
I'm all for people making their own decisions about themselves and their bodies, but it does worry me to see her promoting this and the effect it will have on the girls and women who follow her. It's one thing to make that decision for yourself but I would never want anyone feeling pressured that they should do it to feel better about themselves or because that's what the 'celebrity' figure they follow did. It just plants a seed in people's minds that it's so popular so they should do it too to look young and pretty like everyone else. I dunno.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread Ladies :

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

Return to “8 Passengers”