8 Passengers: Do Not Obey & They Send You Away | Part #13

Mal2000
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Do Not Obey & They Send You Away | Part #13

Unread post by Mal2000 »

the second I saw Ruby and Kevin looking at those hats in the store I knew Chad would hate it. Idk why they always insist on making their kinds dress so old fashioned or in some cases just odd. I get that Kevin likes European fashion but Chad isn't interested in that, let him pick out his own clothes and if they want to get him clothes on their trips they can try to mimic the style he would gravitate toward.
casual_fan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by casual_fan »

I love how Chad is rebelling against the channel. There have been several instances when he says stuff picked up on camera. In the latest video. Something like, "yeah, our channel is totally not scripted." There have been a few others since he returned from camp.

I think another reason he was sent to camp is because he is refusing to follow the mormon boy party line. He hated the private school. I'm sure there are other thing he is opposed to that haven't made it on camera.

Free Chad. Once he graduates from high school, I hope he chooses HIS path in life. A life in the wilderness. Military. A college far away. Trade school. Whatever his heart desires.

And this channel is going to become completely unwatchable if Ruby turns it into one big, stupid, ad for shit she never mentions again.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

So...I’m confused. It seems to me Shari memorizes things for tests, but doesn’t actually learn anything. What the heck? :(
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Catface2 wrote:So...I’m confused. It seems to me Shari memorizes things for tests, but doesn’t actually learn anything. What the heck? :(
She has said that before. And she expects to be a lawyer? I know I sound like a broken record, but she will never even pass the LSATS, much less get into law school. The LSATS judge critical thinking and logic skills. And Ruby openly discourages critical thinking. Look at Chad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

And today we have another ad....Best Western. All these vloggers are finally running scared doing nothing but sponsorship videos. Ruby was very repetitive and explicit in the fact that it was an ad, that they were paid to go to the hotel, etc. I wonder if she finally got a lawyer. People are going to get really tired of family vloggers if it is nothing but ads on every channel like it is now. She needs to work on Eve and Russell's line delivery, if paid acting is their new gig.

On the plus side, Ruby showed a "thankful book" which had some interesting tidbits. She was a fool to show the name of the kids' private school. She was thankful for that along with scrambled eggs. Chad seemed to be really thankful for toilet paper for years. Other kids were also thankful for toilet paper, water and trees. Chad and Shari were both thankful for "boys". Of course Shari was thankful for being so smart and an amazing athlete. Julie was thankful to have her "animals back". Abby was thankful for "standing." This book paints a sad picture of this household, were toilet paper is this best thing in their life and standing is a privilege. At least Julie got her animals back, even if for only a short time.
--------------------------------------------------
We also got to see "Fathers Blessings for School" for 2015. This read like a wish list for the kids they wanted but didn't get. Obedient, love of H. Father, are nice to siblings, leader among peers....but only the righteous ones, etc. Some interesting individual parts:

Shari - They worried about her relationship with H. Father and not having true friends.

Abby - "Take care of body"....WTF!? It is also revealed they ask H. Father to make her the "angel" child and excel at the harp. She is expected to be the "peacemaker" in the home. They also want her to talk less.

Chad - He had the most concerns/requests. We learn that H. Father put him in home school that year. They wanted him to understand that at 10 he needed to prepare to be a father/husband. One entry says "Heal scars in......", Ruby's finger covers the rest. I wonder if that is emotional or physical.

Russell - They just want him to learn and grow, and "jump quietly".

Julie - It was like she tried to hide this page. It looks like she had as much to work on as Chad and she was only 6. She was expected to be independent, not so afraid, find musical talent, be a great athlete and work on core subjects. Most of it was covered by Ruby's hand though.

Eve - She was only 2, they just want her to talk clearly and be obedient....good luck with that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I doubt it was emotional scars Ruby was concerned about. In the whole Griffiths family, nothing matters but appearances.

westcoastgirl92
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by westcoastgirl92 »

Wow, this book is crazy. Im not sure, but i think shes going to regret that she shows everyone on the internet how crazy she is! It gave me the shivers...

And abby isnt looking healthy at all. So pale and these puffy eyes. And the body seems kinda bloated...
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

There’s a wealth of Interesting tidbits in here.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

Catface2 wrote:So...I’m confused. It seems to me Shari memorizes things for tests, but doesn’t actually learn anything. What the heck? :(
I feel like that's kinda what school is like sometimes.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

All that shit in the thankful book freaks me out! It’s like they’re walking a weird line of FLDS and are trying to act like they are actual profits themselves...wtf? These poor kids! Their parents have and are ruining them at core level. A lot of that writing...influencing is like a patriarchal blessing. I’m just sick. They are completely diluted and wayyy too full of themselves. Kevin and Ruby are the opposite of Christlike. I’m going to throw up now.
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am And today we have another ad....Best Western. All these vloggers are finally running scared doing nothing but sponsorship videos. Ruby was very repetitive and explicit in the fact that it was an ad, that they were paid to go to the hotel, etc. I wonder if she finally got a lawyer. People are going to get really tired of family vloggers if it is nothing but ads on every channel like it is now. She needs to work on Eve and Russell's line delivery, if paid acting is their new gig.

On the plus side, Ruby showed a "thankful book" which had some interesting tidbits. She was a fool to show the name of the kids' private school. She was thankful for that along with scrambled eggs. Chad seemed to be really thankful for toilet paper for years. Other kids were also thankful for toilet paper, water and trees. Chad and Shari were both thankful for "boys". Of course Shari was thankful for being so smart and an amazing athlete. Julie was thankful to have her "animals back". Abby was thankful for "standing." This book paints a sad picture of this household, were toilet paper is this best thing in their life and standing is a privilege. At least Julie got her animals back, even if for only a short time.
--------------------------------------------------
We also got to see "Fathers Blessings for School" for 2015. This read like a wish list for the kids they wanted but didn't get. Obedient, love of H. Father, are nice to siblings, leader among peers....but only the righteous ones, etc. Some interesting individual parts:

Shari - They worried about her relationship with H. Father and not having true friends.

Abby - "Take care of body"....WTF!? It is also revealed they ask H. Father to make her the "angel" child and excel at the harp. She is expected to be the "peacemaker" in the home. They also want her to talk less.

Chad - He had the most concerns/requests. We learn that H. Father put him in home school that year. They wanted him to understand that at 10 he needed to prepare to be a father/husband. One entry says "Heal scars in......", Ruby's finger covers the rest. I wonder if that is emotional or physical.

Russell - They just want him to learn and grow, and "jump quietly".

Julie - It was like she tried to hide this page. It looks like she had as much to work on as Chad and she was only 6. She was expected to be independent, not so afraid, find musical talent, be a great athlete and work on core subjects. Most of it was covered by Ruby's hand though.

Eve - She was only 2, they just want her to talk clearly and be obedient....good luck with that.
It was heal scars in mouth. He had braces a few years ago.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Catface2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:30 am All that shit in the thankful book freaks me out! It’s like they’re walking a weird line of FLDS and are trying to act like they are actual profits themselves...wtf? These poor kids! Their parents have and are ruining them at core level. A lot of that writing...influencing is like a patriarchal blessing. I’m just sick. They are completely diluted and wayyy too full of themselves. Kevin and Ruby are the opposite of Christlike. I’m going to throw up now.
I always thought that was one of two major differences between LDS and FLDS. Polygamy, and any man being able to be a prophet. I now think it is all just semantics. I don't really see a difference between a "prophet" and an ordinary man who also has a direct line to God to get "revelations". The end result is still that Chad was told he had to homeschool because "God said so". Maybe one of our LDS members can explain the difference?

I wonder if one of the things Chad realized at Anasazi (besides music keeping the vlog cam away) is that H. Father can "inspire" him too and that is why he is getting his way with more things at home. It is a whole new ballgame once you say "God told me so", because what can they say at that point....H. Father only "inspires" parents, or it was the devil who is "inspiring" Chad to go to public school? In the LDS spiritual hierarchy, didn't Chad surpass Ruby at 12 or 13 too? Chad is a smart kid, if he isn't TBM as many here expect, he could really abuse their patriarchal belief system to make his life a little better. Just drop the "I want/think" and replace with "H. Father inspired me to". I sure hope there is a tell-all one day.
propertyoferen
Talker
Talker

Unread post by propertyoferen »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Catface2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:30 am All that shit in the thankful book freaks me out! It’s like they’re walking a weird line of FLDS and are trying to act like they are actual profits themselves...wtf? These poor kids! Their parents have and are ruining them at core level. A lot of that writing...influencing is like a patriarchal blessing. I’m just sick. They are completely diluted and wayyy too full of themselves. Kevin and Ruby are the opposite of Christlike. I’m going to throw up now.
I always thought that was one of two major differences between LDS and FLDS. Polygamy, and any man being able to be a prophet. I now think it is all just semantics. I don't really see a difference between a "prophet" and an ordinary man who also has a direct line to God to get "revelations". The end result is still that Chad was told he had to homeschool because "God said so". Maybe one of our LDS members can explain the difference?

I wonder if one of the things Chad realized at Anasazi (besides music keeping the vlog cam away) is that H. Father can "inspire" him too and that is why he is getting his way with more things at home. It is a whole new ballgame once you say "God told me so", because what can they say at that point....H. Father only "inspires" parents, or it was the devil who is "inspiring" Chad to go to public school? In the LDS spiritual hierarchy, didn't Chad surpass Ruby at 12 or 13 too? Chad is a smart kid, if he isn't TBM as many here expect, he could really abuse their patriarchal belief system to make his life a little better. Just drop the "I want/think" and replace with "H. Father inspired me to". I sure hope there is a tell-all one day.
I’ll give a little insight on the LDS church vs FLDS. The FLDS is a branch off of the the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint, which is what you’ll probably seen referred to as Mormons. The FLDS church is organized in Arizona/New Mexico I believe. They’re a band of polygamists and very secluded. Their leader is in prison for having sexual relationships with minors(which I would call it rape since they didn’t get to choose who they marry). And about the LDS hierarchy, I’m sure you’re referencing the priesthood. Only men can receive it, it allows them to do certain things in the church, like be bishop, give blessings, etc. I don’t know who this family is, I just saw LDS in the thread and clicked on it lmaoo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ujvs_
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ujvs_ »

“preparation for husband/father begin now” regarding Chad. who was 10. i feel sick. #mothersarepowerful
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ujvs_ wrote:“preparation for husband/father begin now” regarding Chad. who was 10. i feel sick. #mothersarepowerful
I don't want to speculate on whether or not he's gay, but jeez. It's pretty obvious that he is expected to get married and pop out babies with a nice Mormon girl.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:11 pm
ujvs_ wrote:“preparation for husband/father begin now” regarding Chad. who was 10. i feel sick. #mothersarepowerful
I don't want to speculate on whether or not he's gay, but jeez. It's pretty obvious that he is expected to get married and pop out babies with a nice Mormon girl.

The husband/father business was also listed with the line about not being able to be a leader outside the family, if you can't lead a family. It certainly seems like they had significant concerns at 10 that Chad wasn't going to "lead a family" as a husband and father. What triggers parents to have such focus on making a 5th grader understand that his destiny is to to procreate with women? No wonder they found the public school curriculum lacking.
Mila1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mila1 »

What is FLDS?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

FLDS is the fundamentalist mormon church that was run by Warren Jeffs. It is a branch of mormons who practiced polygamy and is very much a cult. They had child brides married off to very old men in arranged marriages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cvntlord0606
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cvntlord0606 »

my theory is that they are trying to marry off chad young. A bit far fetched i know, but like it makes sense. Ruby's relationship with him is weird and not like the average mom relationship (jumps on him, spanks him and screams that he smells bad), they sent him off to a camp to survive the wilderness and learn to live on his own, and now today they show that journal saying "father's blessings for school" whatever the hell that means. In the journal it says chad is in 5th grade and they have written "preparation for husband/father begins now", "if you cannot lead your family you will not be able to lead outside the home" and "be open to spirit and your capacity as a leader will be revealed to you". all i can say is wtf. Who the hell writes that about their kid at any age, religious or not? Why do you need to prepare your 10 year old for marriage and fatherhood unless you know someone is going to marry him? and why are they so keen for him to grow up? god this family i just don't understand. They are completely living like the crazy kind of mormons who look up to Warren Jeffs. Not saying all mormons are crazy, just the ones who see a sex offender as their prophet.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

I have to say Ruby looks really good in this vlog. I think she's the prettiest of all the sisters.

Return to “8 Passengers”