8 Passengers: Feeding Your Kids Leftovers and Emotions | Part 15

PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Feeding Your Kids Leftovers and Emotions | Part 15

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

Davey from April and Davey has feeling sick and thinks he might have covid19. I wonder if Ruby and Kevin are next? I still can't believe they were dumb enough to go on vacation at a time like this. April and Davey have a daughter with a compromised immune system as well! So irresponsible.
Jamie Love
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jamie Love »

amyfalafalagain wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:45 am I find Shari's teacher a bit weird. Is it the same one who gave her a card? She talks about how he told her she can come and fill up on books from his home whenever she wanted? I dont know, I think it's unusual.
honestly, I find it a bit inappropriate. I realize in the U.S. that private and public schools are WAYYYYY different and private schools can get away with A LOT more than a public school can but there still has to be some sort of professionalisms that teachers keep with the students. Hell in my high school we had this cool security guard that ALL the students loved, but eventually he got shit for having physical contact with the students (hugging, giving handshakes etc.) by the principals. So if I can't even hug a security guard with it being deemed inappropriate, why can Shari go over to a teacher's literal house for a book alone? if anything (to me at least) it would be worse.
Missy1393
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Missy1393 »

Ducklings4 wrote:When they deduct their business expenses, it means if they make $100,000 in a year and they spent $1000 on a trip they subtract that amount from their gross income that then says they made $99,000 that year. It does not mean they saved $1000 dollars. That is the mistake Cullen and Katie made with their spending.
It's so funny how many adults don't get this. They think the government just pays you back for a business expenseImage Thanks for attempting to educate this little corner of the internetImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

While I feel Shari should NOT be put in charge of her siblings for an extended period of time while Ruby and Kevin are off being irresponsible, she really does put Ruby to shame in how she communicates and manages her siblings. Eve and Russell respect her, and they all seem loving and thoughtful with each other. Something I do not see with Ruby.

I guess the nanny is only for Ruby's benefit as she is there helping Ruby when she is home. She's not really for the kids. Why did she even bother with that introduction when we are seeing the real truth.
Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Alycat_2001_uk »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 am While I feel Shari should NOT be put in charge of her siblings for an extended period of time while Ruby and Kevin are off being irresponsible, she really does put Ruby to shame in how she communicates and manages her siblings. Eve and Russell respect her, and they all seem loving and thoughtful with each other. Something I do not see with Ruby.

I guess the nanny is only for Ruby's benefit as she is there helping Ruby when she is home. She's not really for the kids. Why did she even bother with that introduction when we are seeing the real truth.
Agreed - she generally does a good job. If I had kids I'd hire her to babysit. She just shouldn't have to.
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

Jamie Love wrote:
amyfalafalagain wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:45 am I find Shari's teacher a bit weird. Is it the same one who gave her a card? She talks about how he told her she can come and fill up on books from his home whenever she wanted? I dont know, I think it's unusual.
honestly, I find it a bit inappropriate. I realize in the U.S. that private and public schools are WAYYYYY different and private schools can get away with A LOT more than a public school can but there still has to be some sort of professionalisms that teachers keep with the students. Hell in my high school we had this cool security guard that ALL the students loved, but eventually he got shit for having physical contact with the students (hugging, giving handshakes etc.) by the principals. So if I can't even hug a security guard with it being deemed inappropriate, why can Shari go over to a teacher's literal house for a book alone? if anything (to me at least) it would be worse.
Is it bad that I'm just waiting for the day something like that happens with one of this teachers kids? I might be over reacting a little but doesn't him giving Sheri that bday card (something Sheri herswlf said he had never done that before for another student) and letting her fill up her book bags with books seem like a weird form of grooming almost?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Shari: "I don't know what to do. I'm trying not to like, be the parent, but I'm like a half-parent, because mom's not here. This is hard."

Ok I'm notoriously critical of Shari on here but this is sad. You can tell she loves bossing her siblings around but she really does NOT need to be dumped with all this responsibility while her parents live it up on a yacht. I also noticed its not "because mom and dad aren't here", just mom... dad's never a parent even when he is around, clearly.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

When it comes to Shari and that teacher...Maybe teacher sees she's alone and is just being kind. What if he does the same for other students and Shari thinks she's the chosen one. I came from a bad family and had some teachers do things for me and my brother even taking us out to eat and other activities after school.
I believe Shari is making it out to he something more than it is. I think it's a cry for help, attention from an absent father and selfabsorbed mother. She knows it's inappropriate and is looking for a reaction from someone, but those two could care less.

Shari doesn't have friends like her siblings so being a substitute parent might be the one thing that makes her feel valued, loved and appreciated.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Namm wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:28 pm When it comes to Shari and that teacher...Maybe teacher sees she's alone and is just being kind. What if he does the same for other students and Shari thinks she's the chosen one. I came from a bad family and had some teachers do things for me and my brother even taking us out to eat and other activities after school.
I believe Shari is making it out to he something more than it is. I think it's a cry for help, attention from an absent father and selfabsorbed mother. She knows it's inappropriate and is looking for a reaction from someone, but those two could care less.

Shari doesn't have friends like her siblings so being a substitute parent might be the one thing that makes her feel valued, loved and appreciated.
I think this is pretty on target. We have seen Shari glom on to multiple teachers/coaches over the years. We have heard her call a teacher (I think in English?) "my second father" before, we know her weight lifting teacher had to start ignoring her texts over the summer. She has eaten lunch with her teachers in the past as well. It seems clear she is desperately seeking out the attention of older male authority figures. The others seemed to eventually set some boundaries with her though, while this new one seems to be happy to entertain her Daddy issues.....which is disturbing. We can only hope it is out of ignorance and not malice.

What ever happened to "coach"? Is that the guy that left the school, or did Shari's obsession finally wear off and transfer to this new teacher? Or did she finally get the message when he blew her off all summer?
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
Namm wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:28 pm When it comes to Shari and that teacher...Maybe teacher sees she's alone and is just being kind. What if he does the same for other students and Shari thinks she's the chosen one. I came from a bad family and had some teachers do things for me and my brother even taking us out to eat and other activities after school.

I think this is pretty on target. We have seen Shari glom on to multiple teachers/coaches over the years. We have heard her call a teacher (I think in English?) "my second father" before, we know her weight lifting teacher had to start ignoring her texts over the summer. She has eaten lunch with her teachers in the past as well. It seems clear she is desperately seeking out the attention of older male authority figures. The others seemed to eventually set some boundaries with her though, while this new one seems to be happy to entertain her Daddy issues.....which is disturbing. We can only hope it is out of ignorance and not malice.

What ever happened to "coach"? Is that the guy that left the school, or did Shari's obsession finally wear off and transfer to this new teacher? Or did she finally get the message when he blew her off all summer?
The teacher that left just did that to go to another school right nothing sketchy happened?

HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

So not only are their parents away on vacation during a pandemic but their having people over for church!??? seems like none of these Mormon’s understand social distancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

How come nobody is talking about the fact that while talking about siblings in the new vlog Sheri said "were excited to see all of our siblings miscarriages"? I know this was just a slip of the tongue and she meant she's excited to see all the kids have kids but I can't comprehend how she made that mistake

Around 2:30 if y'all want to see for yourselves

HeyKatie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HeyKatie »

SwiftlyD wrote:How come nobody is talking about the fact that while talking about siblings in the new vlog Sheri said "were excited to see all of our siblings miscarriages"? I know this was just a slip of the tongue and she meant she's excited to see all the kids have kids but I can't comprehend how she made that mistake

She meant it as seeing her siblings that her mom miscarried once they all go to Heaven.

Holes_in_my_jeans
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Holes_in_my_jeans »

SwiftlyD wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:21 pm How come nobody is talking about the fact that while talking about siblings in the new vlog Sheri said "were excited to see all of our siblings miscarriages"? I know this was just a slip of the tongue and she meant she's excited to see all the kids have kids but I can't comprehend how she made that mistake

I thought she was saying when they go to heaven they can’t wait to see their siblings who were miscarried because as we know Ruby had several. May have misinterpreted that tho?
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Holes_in_my_jeans wrote:
SwiftlyD wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:21 pm How come nobody is talking about the fact that while talking about siblings in the new vlog Sheri said "were excited to see all of our siblings miscarriages"? I know this was just a slip of the tongue and she meant she's excited to see all the kids have kids but I can't comprehend how she made that mistake

I thought she was saying when they go to heaven they can’t wait to see their siblings who were miscarried because as we know Ruby had several. May have misinterpreted that tho?
No you're probably right. It just caught me so off guard that I automatically was like "holy crap that's a messed up thing to say. Although for a completely different reason than I think now that you explained it.

casual_fan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by casual_fan »

Again, Shari has the parental responsibility dumped on her and since she has been in this position for over ten years she is able to handle it, but at the same time realize it's not right/normal/appropriate.

Shari was also smart enough to realize she and her siblings needed school supplies and was able to obtain them. It's sad though there weren't any school supplies already available the math tutor(s) complained about a lack of supplies and Ruby did nothing. I guess a lack of educational supplies in the home fits Ruby's "minimalist esthetic." Kevin sure is a piss poor parent for being a college professor and not caring his kids lack basic supplies. Maybe it just shows BYU isn't all that difficult a school to attend.

Shari, you and your parents have plenty of money. Russell wanted his own ruler and he also wanted smelly markers. Those small treats would go a long way during a global pandemic and being parented by a sister mom. Showing him he's important and you care about his education would likely help his emotional well-being.

Ruby is probably really please Shari was smart enough to put "school supply" in a video title. Those are the money maker videos.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Where is the nanny? She has yet to be seen, even in the background. Sounds more like she’s the boutique’s personal assistant while Ruby tans on the beach. So not only does Shari have to have the parental responsibility of 5 other children, not including herself, during this crazy time with the transition to distant learning, she also has to vlog for both channels.

So stupid of Kevin to allow Shari to continue going to the gym because the cases are “40 minutes away”. Gyms were among the first closed where I live and have not been open for the last 2 weeks.

emma2948
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma2948 »

casual_fan wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 pm Again, Shari has the parental responsibility dumped on her and since she has been in this position for over ten years she is able to handle it, but at the same time realize it's not right/normal/appropriate.

Shari was also smart enough to realize she and her siblings needed school supplies and was able to obtain them. It's sad though there weren't any school supplies already available the math tutor(s) complained about a lack of supplies and Ruby did nothing. I guess a lack of educational supplies in the home fits Ruby's "minimalist esthetic." Kevin sure is a piss poor parent for being a college professor and not caring his kids lack basic supplies. Maybe it just shows BYU isn't all that difficult a school to attend.

Shari, you and your parents have plenty of money. Russell wanted his own ruler and he also wanted smelly markers. Those small treats would go a long way during a global pandemic and being parented by a sister mom. Showing him he's important and you care about his education would likely help his emotional well-being.

Ruby is probably really please Shari was smart enough to put "school supply" in a video title. Those are the money maker videos.
I agreed with Shari when she told Russel no, maybe not with the ruler, but he definitely doesn't need smelly markers for his emotional well-being. And I'm sure there are other things that he asked for which were not at all necessary for school, Russel and Eve are just spoiled sometimes, and they're just not used to not getting what they want. On the other hand, why is it that Shari picks out the color for the sharpener, Shari could've let Russel pick out the color as he was already complaining about not getting smelly markers and other supplies. Favoritism if you ask me, it's clear that Shari likes Eve much more then Russel... I wonder where she got it from (NOT).
Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker

emma2948 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 am
casual_fan wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 pm Again, Shari has the parental responsibility dumped on her and since she has been in this position for over ten years she is able to handle it, but at the same time realize it's not right/normal/appropriate.

I agreed with Shari when she told Russel no, maybe not with the ruler, but he definitely doesn't need smelly markers for his emotional well-being. And I'm sure there are other things that he asked for which were not at all necessary for school, Russel and Eve are just spoiled sometimes, and they're just not used to not getting what they want. On the other hand, why is it that Shari picks out the color for the sharpener, Shari could've let Russel pick out the color as he was already complaining about not getting smelly markers and other supplies. Favoritism if you ask me, it's clear that Shari likes Eve much more then Russel... I wonder where she got it from (NOT).
Yeah, kids that age will say they want everything every time they go to the shop. It was good not to just buy them all.
Alycat_2001_uk
Talker
Talker

freshbalsam wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:10 am Where is the nanny? She has yet to be seen, even in the background. Sounds more like she’s the boutique’s personal assistant while Ruby tans on the beach. So not only does Shari have to have the parental responsibility of 5 other children, not including herself, during this crazy time with the transition to distant learning, she also has to vlog for both channels.

So stupid of Kevin to allow Shari to continue going to the gym because the cases are “40 minutes away”. Gyms were among the first closed where I live and have not been open for the last 2 weeks.

Yeah, it shows a real lack of understanding of the incubation period for the virus. I'm kind of expecting this family to get it due to that, as well as their travel. I just hope they all survive through it.

Return to “8 Passengers”