8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Gigi7
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Unread post by Gigi7 »

So I did some research:

Case Findings for CPS are as follows:

1. Supported.
2. Unsupported.
3. Without Merit.
4. Unable to Locate.
5. Unable to Complete Investigation.
6. False Report.

According to the article they found the case “unsupported” which means: there is insufficient evidence that abuse or neglect occurred.

So, insufficient evidence.

A much better outcome would have been without merit: there is evidence that abuse or neglect did not occur.

Or maybe false report: the report was made by someone who knew it was false

I don’t think CPS takes cases based on change.org. I read that there needs to be a person reporting, this person will provide an Address for where the child lives. Also they do unscheduled visits depending on the allegations.

Having read the guidelines I see they exclusively focus on very obvious signs of abuse or neglect. Even though emotional abuse is mentioned, the focus is on this physical harm. And I get it, that’s where a child’s life is in immediate danger.

Still I hope the case worker made at least a comment to them about the children’s lack of beds
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: 8 Passengers: Emotional Abuse Galore & Making Kids Sleep on The Floor | Part 17

Unread post by imoverit »

puzzledbyit28 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:16 pm Saying this as someone who used to work in journalism, an article in Business Insider is a joke. It's basically advertising--it used to be one of the go-to places to freelance if you couldn't get steady work because they'll take anything. Forbes is the same way. I bet Ruby and Kevin pitched the story to BI. Nobody reads it, and nobody will take it seriously, especially given the lazy journalism in the article itself.
This is exactly the impression I got from reading the article. It sounded like junk to me, and clearly biased in 8 passengers' favor rather than reporting all the facts in an objective manner. Ruby doesn't read the news so I hardly think she would know what reputation BI has - she probably thinks it's fantastic and professional and everyone should be impressed she's on it. Maybe Jennifer will print it out and hang it on the wall.

And regarding the CPS visit - I agree that it's unlikely they went over because of the petition, I just don't think that's how it works, it would've been from phone calls. And I don't know what Kevin is so proud of, we all knew CPS wouldn't be able to do anything because they provide the kids with food (even if it sucks) and a normal-looking home. So is he feeling all high and mighty that his kids don't live in a meth house and get beaten daily by drug addict parents? Weird flex
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

So basically we are told how absolutely amazing Ruby and Kevin are!
How we are enemies and haters ,how we are projecting, how Chad was physically and emotionally unbalanced for years etc...
That..we nearly drove her to take her life... dear Lord seriously!? Then time to stop blogging!!!! Because your children face that at school daily from your videos!!!!
The humbleness is humbling!!!!
Ruby and Kevin I was raised by very loving present parents and had a magical childhood, though my father worked hard to provide the best for us he was amazing at being present!
I never got threatened with losing my bed in fact my parents would sleep elsewhere if I was sick and put in their bed! My dad once went without food to buy us Christmas presents to this day I remember positive reinforcements no punishments or threats! And Kevin we care for ourselves just fine!!!! You of all people should know teaching with harsh punishment never works!
Why is it the that Ruby’s manipulative cruel manner, threatening to cut off the head of her child’s soft toy or for years by her own admission to being cruel and strict and an absent Kevin, why then do you both make my skin crawl?!
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

Not sure the Business Insider article was the best idea either. At least one reaction to the article is already up on YT. It will probably blow over eventually but I don't think the firestorm is over yet. I am surprised that sponsors dropped them which is a pretty bit hit financially from what I understand. Not been a good year for them-Rubydo failing, YT money taking a major drop, now the sponsorship deal.

Ruby and Kevin's attitude is what still gets me-they absolutely floor me!! Plus the article didn't address what many of the reaction vlogs were about and that's how the kids are shown in embarrassing situations, asking not to be videoed and Ruby did it anyway.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

sheltiefan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:23 am Not sure the Business Insider article was the best idea either. At least one reaction to the article is already up on YT. It will probably blow over eventually but I don't think the firestorm is over yet. I am surprised that sponsors dropped them which is a pretty bit hit financially from what I understand. Not been a good year for them-Rubydo failing, YT money taking a major drop, now the sponsorship deal.
Sponsors must have received a good deal of push back from viewers to stop working with them and I think there are a few out there that might keep up this pressure. I don't think there is anything they can do about a consumer who has a negative opinion on who a sponsor chooses to represent a product they are buying. I also image a company can see videos of their family that has questionable content when it comes to discipline.

The key to why they are able to continue their business is YouTube. I haven't understood why a petition wasn't more focused on YouTube since if you demonetized their channel, this family is done. There were videos of their children that would violate YouTube policy and it has been going on for a period of time, especially with Chad.

YouTube doesn’t allow content that endangers the emotional and physical well-being of minors. A minor is defined as someone under the legal age of majority -- usually anyone younger than 18 years old in most countries/regions.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

YTIG60 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:02 am
sheltiefan wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:23 am Not sure the Business Insider article was the best idea either. At least one reaction to the article is already up on YT. It will probably blow over eventually but I don't think the firestorm is over yet. I am surprised that sponsors dropped them which is a pretty bit hit financially from what I understand. Not been a good year for them-Rubydo failing, YT money taking a major drop, now the sponsorship deal.
Sponsors must have received a good deal of push back from viewers to stop working with them and I think there are a few out there that might keep up this pressure. I don't think there is anything they can do about a consumer who has a negative opinion on who a sponsor chooses to represent a product they are buying. I also image a company can see videos of their family that has questionable content when it comes to discipline.

The key to why they are able to continue their business is YouTube. I haven't understood why a petition wasn't more focused on YouTube since if you demonetized their channel, this family is done. There were videos of their children that would violate YouTube policy and it has been going on for a period of time, especially with Chad.

YouTube doesn’t allow content that endangers the emotional and physical well-being of minors. A minor is defined as someone under the legal age of majority -- usually anyone younger than 18 years old in most countries/regions.
The sponsors are the most realistic thing I want to end for them, that's the money-maker. They may be threatening people left and right but they can't stop me or others from calmly, politely, and only once each notifying a company they have worked with of the cold facts about Ruby that might make the family an undesirable representative of their brand. And I do not take reporting youtube videos lightly at all but I will make sure to be aware of which ones of theirs I see that genuinely have grounds for reporting for the child abuse option (it's not many, despite the awful things she shows). So yeah demonetization is all I can hope for with this situation because Ruby and Kevin are not going to choose to stop exploiting their kids for profit on their own, and YouTube doesn't seem to give a damn about this stuff.
tebbyvines
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tebbyvines »

http://chng.it/n4s7cjqpxv

Here is a petition to get 8passengers demonetized. Hopefully, it'll work like the CPS one did.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

tebbyvines wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:40 am http://chng.it/n4s7cjqpxv

Here is a petition to get 8passengers demonetized. Hopefully, it'll work like the CPS one did.
The CPS one never work otherwise the parents would have gotten in trouble. When cps came they didn't see any problems with anything and ruby felt embarrassed that they came over.
TopazBlues
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TopazBlues »

tebbyvines wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:40 am http://chng.it/n4s7cjqpxv

I don't know how much good that will do. Personally, I'd prefer if the children's names were not included in the petition. In my opinion, it's hard to say you want privacy for the children while also using their names and detailing what you are explaining to be their experiences of neglect and emotional abuse. (I am using "you" generally. Not sure if this is yours or not). This petition could remain on the internet forever and I wouldn't want it to be something that follows them their whole life. Especially with the #SaveChad2020
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Unpopular opinion, I know, but Kevin actually has a point that people are using the kids to make a name for themselves. Or at least using their videos. The reaction channels are getting lots of views and attention. Doesn't make what he and Ruby do ok, but it makes us who don't have a stake except caring that these kids are manipulated and embarrassed for money less likely to be listened to.
It's a double edged sword. We want people to pay attention, but people who are monetizing videos about the treatment of the kids are need to be clear about their motives.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Issy1129
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Issy1129 »

Ruby saying that she abided by Chad’s wishes to remove his own bedroom and bathroom doors is such bologna. If in fact she did let him, that would be wrong too. She should have told her teenage son, no, your doors stay on, they are important to maintain privacy in a house of 8.

I also am surprised people aren’t bringing up the horribly embarrassing Good Nights pull up underwear ad/video for Russell’s bedwetting. Ruby had only one reason for filming that: money. Children may go along with those things now and then completely regret them in the future. They don’t have the capability to make sound decisions like adults do, nor should they be expected to.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Issy1129 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:33 pm Ruby saying that she abided by Chad’s wishes to remove his own bedroom and bathroom doors is such bologna. If in fact she did let him, that would be wrong too. She should have told her teenage son, no, your doors stay on, they are important to maintain privacy in a house of 8.

I also am surprised people aren’t bringing up the horribly embarrassing Good Nights pull up underwear ad/video for Russell’s bedwetting. Ruby had only one reason for filming that: money. Children may go along with those things now and then completely regret them in the future. They don’t have the capability to make sound decisions like adults do, nor should they be expected to.
When she says things like that about the kids making choices, I always imagine it went something like "Chad, one way you can show us that you are being transparent and we can trust you would be to remove your bedroom and bathroom doors. Do you want to do that?" and of course if he doesn't say yes then he's not complying or being cooperative. The kid has about as much choice as when these mormon parents ask their 7 year olds if they want to join the religion that the whole family is part of. Also, there is NO reason at ALL to remove a bathroom door, that doesn't even go along with her narrative that he did it to be transparent and trustworthy.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I remember a time when things were good between Ruby and Chad and it even went to the point where Ruby didn't dare to say anything to Chad when he did wrong.
Chad had a group of boys that he hang with and they would go to eachothers houses for fun. Ruby asked him why they never came to their house. According to Chad, his friends said that Frankes house was boring and there were no entertainment. Ruby then made an effort to be a fun mom but also learned down the road to distance her children from their friends (who aren't vloggers or family).
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

There latest video is so boring I don't have much to say, except that it should clearly be labeled 'for kids' (as most of their channel should) and is not, and I don't understand the point of having that system at all if there are no enforced repercussions for failure to correctly label it, or way for viewers to somehow 'report' a video as for kids.
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I was looking at the comments on yesterday's vlog and people kept mentioning coming from a YT channel. A channel with over 2 million subscribers did a vlog about family channels. I haven't had a chance to check them out yet. Ruby, the article you did with Business Insiders hasn't got this forgotten yet.

sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The vlog I mentioned earlier today had the part about 8 passengers was at the end. Considering that the person did 3 channels, Ruby can't sic her lawyers on them. Surprise surprise the comments are closed now on yesterday's vlog. They were up till at least late last night. To be honest, I was surprised they stayed up that long with all the people commenting they had came over there due to the other vlog.

Views are under 100,000 for yesterday's vlog-Ruby has to be concerned that this hasn't blown over. I think the family thought the article was going to make everything great again. Oh Grandma Griff and Beau Griff shared the picture from the article talking about how Ruby and family came under attack-guess that might explain why family members weren't standing up for the kids.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

They really are stupid if they think that article paints them in a good light. Quite the opposite. Idiots..the lot of them
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

I know the article was a bit ago, but no one brought this up...

She claims Chad was able to earn back his bed/room at any point during his punishment if he was 'good enough' and it just so happened to take 7 months. In the video, though, she said all the children have a MINIMUM 6 month length of the punishment they are given... She's literally DIRECTLY contradicting herself! How can she think anyone will give credit to her article when it's obvious she's completely making shit up to get out of deep water?

I'm not sure what she expected from this, but I'm glad she's still struggling, and hopefully about to crash.
Parktown
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Parktown »

The article did nothing but throw Chad under the bus again! Both parents claimed to the whole world that Chad is physically and emotionally unbalanced! Wonderful coming from your own parents to a world platform! No wonder that kid plays out constantly! Also if Chad did have all those choices why didn’t Ruby say so in the video why did she purposely leave it out and gleefully grinned,enjoying his discomfort?
We have been watching too long Ruby and listened to your mouth too long too, you can’t hide your character any longer! Don’t undermine our intelligence rather be humble like you often preach to others and admit your iron fist parenting has caused bad behaviour in your home not the other way around! Take a hard look at yourself before pointing a finger at your children even now!!!!
I will admit CPS is not needed in that home but emotional abuse isn’t something they look for usually and hard to detect e.g. threatening to decapitate soft toy so yes CPS can’t pick up on emotional control!
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

I think most people think they have changed as on their latest vlog which was just uploaded today it had more likes than dislikes and most of the comments saying they are a wonderful family and to not listen to the haters. do people really think they have changed and the people on youtube making claims about them are lying. They should not be allowed to film them unless they are allowed to have their electronics back. They are allowed to be in a video because it "benefits" ruby. I think ruby wanted to have Shari and I think she only had the other kids so she could exploit them for money on youtube.

Return to “8 Passengers”