8 Passengers: No beds, no food, but mom loves motherhood! | Part 18

CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: No beds, no food, but mom loves motherhood! | Part 18

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Wheresthecake wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 pm
rulatows000 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 am Wow, Ruby went a whole year without shopping. She bought herself clothes on multiple occasions, bought an expensive freeze drier, bought things for their apocalypse survival kits, bought new toilet seats for every toilet in the house, bought a mechanical toilet, bought herself a shed, bought herself a new patio and backyard, bought an entire schoolroom, and bought a hot tub - all without shopping! That's amazing! Oh, and what did she learn from it? Nothing, apparently. No deep revelation that she doesn't need the extravagant things she constantly buys, or that material things aren't everything. Nope, she just learned what kind of clothes she likes to buy and which she doesn't like to buy. Such an important lesson. Oh, and it's her birthday month so she's going to binge shop and has a pile of J. Crew boxes stacked to the ceiling. I suppose she'll fall right back into her 'addiction', starting the new year with a massive shopping haul. She'll need to shop to get out of bed every morning. Because, you know, it is so very difficult to get out of bed and into a nice warm bath every morning.
Long time lurker of this thread. Ugh she makes my skin crawl! How can someone be so oblivious? “I’m not spending this year!” Proceeds to spend more than some people earn in an entire year of working. She’s actually too much 🙄
It just shows how much of a rigid, concrete thinker Ruby is. She gets in trouble for buying herself heaps of clothes and shoes that never make it to her closet bc there are too many. So she says "no clothes for a year" and then shops more online this year than ever. But bc she didn't buy clothes, it doesn't count. Sigh.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

CognitiveDissonance wrote:
Wheresthecake wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 pm
rulatows000 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 am Wow, Ruby went a whole year without shopping. She bought herself clothes on multiple occasions, bought an expensive freeze drier, bought things for their apocalypse survival kits, bought new toilet seats for every toilet in the house, bought a mechanical toilet, bought herself a shed, bought herself a new patio and backyard, bought an entire schoolroom, and bought a hot tub - all without shopping! That's amazing! Oh, and what did she learn from it? Nothing, apparently. No deep revelation that she doesn't need the extravagant things she constantly buys, or that material things aren't everything. Nope, she just learned what kind of clothes she likes to buy and which she doesn't like to buy. Such an important lesson. Oh, and it's her birthday month so she's going to binge shop and has a pile of J. Crew boxes stacked to the ceiling. I suppose she'll fall right back into her 'addiction', starting the new year with a massive shopping haul. She'll need to shop to get out of bed every morning. Because, you know, it is so very difficult to get out of bed and into a nice warm bath every morning.
Long time lurker of this thread. Ugh she makes my skin crawl! How can someone be so oblivious? “I’m not spending this year!” Proceeds to spend more than some people earn in an entire year of working. She’s actually too much Image
It just shows how much of a rigid, concrete thinker Ruby is. She gets in trouble for buying herself heaps of clothes and shoes that never make it to her closet bc there are too many. So she says "no clothes for a year" and then shops more online this year than ever. But bc she didn't buy clothes, it doesn't count. Sigh.
Just like when she wasn't having "dessert" while Chad was at Anasazi, but bought herself a chocolate smoothie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

destroyedbythesun
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by destroyedbythesun »

freshbalsam wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:19 am I was dying at how each girl said themselves as who would be most likely to sneak out. They probably wish they could sneak out of that house.

Poor Abby thought sneaking out was leaving her bed at night to go to another room of the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel when Abby said she sneaked out, Shari was itching to rat her out to Ruby. Since she loves doing that to get favorite child points. Then the disappointment when Abby says it was only out of her bedroom.
Wheresthecake
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Wheresthecake »

destroyedbythesun wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:17 pm
freshbalsam wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:19 am I was dying at how each girl said themselves as who would be most likely to sneak out. They probably wish they could sneak out of that house.

Poor Abby thought sneaking out was leaving her bed at night to go to another room of the house!

I feel when Abby said she sneaked out, Shari was itching to rat her out to Ruby. Since she loves doing that to get favorite child points. Then the disappointment when Abby says it was only out of her bedroom.
IMO It’s telling of shari’s character that she finds joy in her siblings misery and punishment, even moreso if she has something to do with causing it. I’ve honestly never seen someone that is almost old enough to live on their own that is so quick to ‘tattle’ on their siblings and doesn’t see a problem with being the rat in the family. Lots of maturing to be done for someone that likes to act like they’re head of the house.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

Lolislol26 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm
Liz_444 wrote:
Ckc717 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:32 pm It’s so frightening how she just loses Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She tried to make a big deal about getting lost and how frightened he must have been, but Russell was not falling for it and just did what he was taught to do (sit down until you are found by family members). Ruby gave him the worst advice....find a mother with lots of kids because they are safe??? God, she is stupid, and this vlog was so lame....and btw, it was filmed BEFORE Christmas!
Imagine a random kid going up to Ruby Doo while lost. Ruby would lose that child, too.

But first she's lecture the child, no matter their age, on personal responsibility and being grateful.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Boy, their standards for a "cute" bedroom are really low. Shari thinks her's is so cute and pretty much complete (ahumm, barely). Ruby chimes in to say the same then she must have realized the "big" remodel of Russell's aesthetically sterile hotel room and said that's her favorite, lol. How long does it take to decorate a house for gosh sakes? I recognize this is probably from before Christmas, but geez, aside from a couple things, it looks like they just moved in. With Shari moving out in a few months....why bother.

I guess Ruby ordered the wrong size mattress for her room so it was bequeathed to queen Shari who already had a bed, didn't she? Now we see how Chad got his, Shari's hand me down. It will be nice once she is out of the house, she won't be around to get first dibs on everything (wonder if anyone has told her this yet).

Also, Ruby why do you feel the need to finger every food item Shari has on display, we can all see what the items are, you love to hear yourself talk.

Haven't watched them for a few days, now I see why.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Wheresthecake wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm

IMO It’s telling of shari’s character that she finds joy in her siblings misery and punishment, even moreso if she has something to do with causing it. I’ve honestly never seen someone that is almost old enough to live on their own that is so quick to ‘tattle’ on their siblings and doesn’t see a problem with being the rat in the family. Lots of maturing to be done for someone that likes to act like they’re head of the house.
I suspect Shari is a tattle-tale on all of them, including Ruby as I saw from the vlog where she points out mom drinks juice from the bottle when she thinks no one is around. Shari always seems to be lingering in the shadows--waiting for attention to be on her, or waiting to eavesdrop and stick her thoughts/mouth into the conversation-- real strange. Ruby is a christian lady, but she sure does like to lie when her kids call her out. I'm glad to see this since she gives them no grace over their shortcomings.

When Shari tattles on Chad for drinking milk from the milk bottle Ruby shows disgust......does she realize how gross it is period!!!! Especially coming from a woman whose lips are scared up badly from cold sores, she should know better.
Josette
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Josette »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:57 pm
Wheresthecake wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm

I suspect Shari is a tattle-tale on all of them, including Ruby as I saw from the vlog where she points out mom drinks juice from the bottle when she thinks no one is around. Shari always seems to be lingering in the shadows--waiting for attention to be on her, or waiting to eavesdrop and stick her thoughts/mouth into the conversation-- real strange. Ruby is a christian lady, but she sure does like to lie when her kids call her out. I'm glad to see this since she gives them no grace over their shortcomings.

When Shari tattles on Chad for drinking milk from the milk bottle Ruby shows disgust......does she realize how gross it is period!!!! Especially coming from a woman whose lips are scared up badly from cold sores, she should know better.
I'm curious as to what's going on with some of these Mormon Mommy vloggers and cold sores on or near their mouths. It's not just Ruby, but others like April Orgill, and the latter kisses her toddler son, Frankie, on the face a lot.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Josette wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:03 am I'm curious as to what's going on with some of these Mormon Mommy vloggers and cold sores on or near their mouths. It's not just Ruby, but others like April Orgill, and the latter kisses her toddler son, Frankie, on the face a lot.
I think due to historical reasons, lot of mormons are related to each other, 3rd and 4th cousins etc. Imagine living in a small cultural bubble without proper education and knowledge about viruses or even worse, knowing but ignoring it. They keep kissing their family members and voilà, many mormons have this issue.

Imagine that there is one grandmother who had the virus for cold sores. She kept kissing all her children and grand children without caring if she had outbreak or not. She could easily have 10 children and 100 grand children. Now that is already 122 people with the virus. (Her, her husband, all the kids, their spouses and kids too). If the sister of this grandmother had same virus and same habits, that is already 244 people altogether.

After watching their vlogs for years, well yeah... It is pretty obvious why this issue is rampant. Remember Ruby feeding all the cousins the one and same banana, them taking turns to take a bite!!
Wheresthecake
Amateur
Amateur

Kataja wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:26 am
Josette wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:03 am I'm curious as to what's going on with some of these Mormon Mommy vloggers and cold sores on or near their mouths. It's not just Ruby, but others like April Orgill, and the latter kisses her toddler son, Frankie, on the face a lot.
I think due to historical reasons, lot of mormons are related to each other, 3rd and 4th cousins etc. Imagine living in a small cultural bubble without proper education and knowledge about viruses or even worse, knowing but ignoring it. They keep kissing their family members and voilà, many mormons have this issue.

Imagine that there is one grandmother who had the virus for cold sores. She kept kissing all her children and grand children without caring if she had outbreak or not. She could easily have 10 children and 100 grand children. Now that is already 122 people with the virus. (Her, her husband, all the kids, their spouses and kids too). If the sister of this grandmother had same virus and same habits, that is already 244 people altogether.

After watching their vlogs for years, well yeah... It is pretty obvious why this issue is rampant. Remember Ruby feeding all the cousins the one and same banana, them taking turns to take a bite!!
Baaarrrrffff. No wonder none of them take this pandemic seriously. How did I forget about her making multiple kids share a banana? I mean I know that stems from her weird views of food but my god, they are some of the cheapest fresh foods you can get, she’d be out what maybe $2 if that if each kid had their own? And you know what, they might even get full and not keep asking for more food if they just got their own filling snack instead of having to share one piece of fruit with 5 other kids! Cheap as hell when it comes to necessities like proper filling meals and snacks for her family that are still growing physically, but let’s buy a hot tub because that’s somehow a need and not a want.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:35 pm I forgot to ask all of you who watch those 8P edits recently! Did any of you see that post of an ex-Mormon claiming that she was propositioned by someone high in the LDS church (NOT FLDS) to be his secret plural wife? She claims that it is still practiced in secret by many people in positions of power, and specifically listed "BYU Professors". She made no inference to Kevin, but it just got my conspiratorial mind going again. He would be away pretty often if he was spending part time with his other family....a theory I have suggested in jest on this thread before. Also a theory that fits with Ruby getting shunned from her family, and Bonnie nearly breaking down talking about people keeping secrets from their spouses/families for years. I meant to respond to the post to see if she was just a random troll or obviously mentally ill, but my computer shut down with too many tabs open and I lost track of the comment.

Also, not really a fan of those edits, I was just curious to see what people were saying in the comments. But there is one that actually made me laugh out loud. The consensus seems to be that Ruby is the devil, Kevin looks like a naked mole rat, Shari is a "Karen" in love with Chad, Abby is a mini-Karen in training by Shari, and Julie and Chad are normal and need to escape. Oh and Eve is "a queen". Shari must regret going back to private school right now, with the popularity of these edits...

Okay I also have a conspiratorial mind and I think anything is possible.. I mean that does line up with everything. I'm not saying it's true I'm just saying it's legitimately possible lol. And I'm sure Kevin think's he's great enough to have more than one wife/relationship.

I also don't like the edits, they no doubt cause the kids even more grief (ultimately Ruby's fault for filming them for years and keeping it all up). But that one is pretty funny I'll admit. Oh man it sure reminded me how much of a pain Eve used to be, she's certainly grown up lately!
theSubtle-poster
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theSubtle-poster »

I was looking at their instagram story today and of course they're going on another one of their unsafe field trips, though luckily this one was outside. I'm noticing that Julie is always (I think) wearing a mask CORRECTLY, and Abby can't seem to grasp the concept of a mask. In the zoo video a while back it was dangly over her mouth and in the insta story today she wasn't wearing it at all. I really hope Julie and Chad rebel in the future. They seem like such good kids.
UKhousewife
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by UKhousewife »

More freeze drying. I can’t cope.
theSubtle-poster
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by theSubtle-poster »

Ughh, another passengers birthday, another random bag of candies from the BYU store. You could even hear Kevin in the background saying it was only a dollar.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

I wonder how much food and money Ruby has wasted with her freeze drying "fails". Meanwhile she won't feed her kids enough food, or good quality food, here and now. Neglectful POS.
mix10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mix10 »

Every birthday video from this family is so awkward! They never seem to know what their kids really want. And Kevin can’t even be bothered to wrap his gifts...it would have taken him 30 seconds to put that stuff in a gift bag with some tissue paper.
rulatows000
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rulatows000 »

Ok, why is 'bean dip' a special birthday gift? I guess for the same reason that granola is a Christmas present... It just makes no sense, like why can't Ruby just buy her kids food that they want? It's not as if they are asking for cake and candy - they're asking for bean dip and a granola snack. If my twelve year old daughter was asking for bean dip and potato soup, I would be so happy to buy that for her whenever she asked, considering all the processed crap that kids that age are usually asking for. And granola? If your teenage son wants granola buy him some dam granola. Making your kids wait till birthdays and Christmas to get food they like is just retarded.
I was glad to see Julie got some nice gifts, like the Nike clothes and the skateboard. Is Julie even really into skateboarding, though? She didn't seem to react much to it. I agree that Ruby and Kevin just don't know their kids at all. They just seem to throw in one random expensive gift into every birthday or Christmas gift exchange to make themselves look good, even if its not something the kid is remotely interested in. Also, for Christ's sake Kevin, you're a grown ass man with money, a car, a computer - you can surely buy your kids something besides 75% off candy from the BYU candy store. Again - how is that a birthday gift?! If I worked at a place right next to a candy shop where I get an employee discount, I'd probably brings my kids treats home every week. Not twice a year for my one birthday and Christmas gift from me to them.
Peasant_1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peasant_1 »

rulatows000 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:31 pm Ok, why is 'bean dip' a special birthday gift? I guess for the same reason that granola is a Christmas present... It just makes no sense, like why can't Ruby just buy her kids food that they want? It's not as if they are asking for cake and candy - they're asking for bean dip and a granola snack. If my twelve year old daughter was asking for bean dip and potato soup, I would be so happy to buy that for her whenever she asked, considering all the processed crap that kids that age are usually asking for. And granola? If your teenage son wants granola buy him some dam granola. Making your kids wait till birthdays and Christmas to get food they like is just retarded.
I was glad to see Julie got some nice gifts, like the Nike clothes and the skateboard. Is Julie even really into skateboarding, though? She didn't seem to react much to it. I agree that Ruby and Kevin just don't know their kids at all. They just seem to throw in one random expensive gift into every birthday or Christmas gift exchange to make themselves look good, even if its not something the kid is remotely interested in. Also, for Christ's sake Kevin, you're a grown ass man with money, a car, a computer - you can surely buy your kids something besides 75% off candy from the BYU candy store. Again - how is that a birthday gift?! If I worked at a place right next to a candy shop where I get an employee discount, I'd probably brings my kids treats home every week. Not twice a year for my one birthday and Christmas gift from me to them.
The Griffith's have such a strange relationship with food. Ruby posted on her story some dinner she made that would maybe be enough for a family of 4. The portion she showed her having looked so tiny as well. I feel so bad for these kids, I wonder if they've ever had a normal sized serving of food
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

Peasant_1 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:43 pm
rulatows000 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:31 pm Ok, why is 'bean dip' a special birthday gift? I guess for the same reason that granola is a Christmas present... It just makes no sense, like why can't Ruby just buy her kids food that they want? It's not as if they are asking for cake and candy - they're asking for bean dip and a granola snack. If my twelve year old daughter was asking for bean dip and potato soup, I would be so happy to buy that for her whenever she asked, considering all the processed crap that kids that age are usually asking for. And granola? If your teenage son wants granola buy him some dam granola. Making your kids wait till birthdays and Christmas to get food they like is just retarded.
The Griffith's have such a strange relationship with food. Ruby posted on her story some dinner she made that would maybe be enough for a family of 4. The portion she showed her having looked so tiny as well. I feel so bad for these kids, I wonder if they've ever had a normal sized serving of food
Abby once had breakfast at an aunt's house and she couldn't stop talking about, because it was delicious and she was allowed to eat as much as she wanted (I assume it was an aunt on Kevin's side). Then on Eve's last birthday, Ruby let her order her own meal off of the kid's menu at a restaurant, and Eve was talking about how it was "a lot of food for a little girl", which was heartbreaking. Chad gained weight hiking 12 miles a day eating only rations of rice and lentils, so I think it is safe to say he hasn't experienced a plate with an appropriate portion of food.

I am convinced that Ruby intentionally doesn't get the kids gifts that they want, whether it is something she learned from her own mother, or it is a purely narcissistic thing. My narc mother still only get us things she wants us to have, and we would never get something we asked for. Either way, it is not an accident. I could do a better job shopping for them just by watching vlogs. Julie does love her Ripstick, but I am not sure if that equates to a love of skateboards. That seemed to be part of Kevin's gift and he doesn't know his kids very well, so....

Just when I thought her beauty got her taken off the scapegoat list, Ruby blames Julie for Russell taking a chunk out of the wall with her new skateboard. Julie should have acted more excited over the presents. Now she'll probably have to repaint the house and sleep in the dog house until high school. By the way, is it normal for parents not to give their kids Christmas gifts? This is the first time I have heard of a family doing that.
Wheresthecake
Amateur
Amateur

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:45 pm
Peasant_1 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:43 pm
Abby once had breakfast at an aunt's house and she couldn't stop talking about, because it was delicious and she was allowed to eat as much as she wanted (I assume it was an aunt on Kevin's side). Then on Eve's last birthday, Ruby let her order her own meal off of the kid's menu at a restaurant, and Eve was talking about how it was "a lot of food for a little girl", which was heartbreaking. Chad gained weight hiking 12 miles a day eating only rations of rice and lentils, so I think it is safe to say he hasn't experienced a plate with an appropriate portion of food.

I am convinced that Ruby intentionally doesn't get the kids gifts that they want, whether it is something she learned from her own mother, or it is a purely narcissistic thing. My narc mother still only get us things she wants us to have, and we would never get something we asked for. Either way, it is not an accident. I could do a better job shopping for them just by watching vlogs. Julie does love her Ripstick, but I am not sure if that equates to a love of skateboards. That seemed to be part of Kevin's gift and he doesn't know his kids very well, so....

Just when I thought her beauty got her taken off the scapegoat list, Ruby blames Julie for Russell taking a chunk out of the wall with her new skateboard. Julie should have acted more excited over the presents. Now she'll probably have to repaint the house and sleep in the dog house until high school. By the way, is it normal for parents not to give their kids Christmas gifts? This is the first time I have heard of a family doing that.
Yknow now that I think about it, I do recall hearing Saint Jennifer say a while back in some video (I don’t remember specifically which one or I’d link it) something along the lines of “well to me a gift isn’t exactly something you WANT, but instead it’s something that I want you to have” so no wonder all the little kids get the weirdest for birthdays and holidays and never anything they wanted or needed, because people in that family seem like they couldn’t be bothered to care about the wants and needs of anyone besides themselves- if it’s a gift being given by this person then it only seems to matter what this person wants to give you and not if you’d get use or even enjoy it. And while I do agree that sure it’s fine to give someone something that they might not have asked for but if you thought they would appreciate it, it’s downright selfish of the gift giver to say that a gift shouldn’t be something you actually want or need but rather what I think you should have. Like those porcelain birds she gave all the granddaughters a couple of years ago, I get they might’ve been thinking of it as a “you can pass this down when you’re older” type of gift, but how many of those fragile birds are even still in tact because kids probably played with them as that was the only toy grandma thought was suitable for a child. And no, it is not normal in the slightest for people that do celebrate to just not participate in sharing gifts, even if it’s something from the dollar store it would still show some thought was there instead of just nothing at all. Did they not give their kids anything for Christmas? I can’t be bothered to watch a second of them anymore.

Return to “8 Passengers”