8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

rulatows000 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:54 pm I felt so bad for Julie and Abby in today's vlog. The whole time Chad and his friends were there, they were both standing or sitting in the background, just watching them. Those poor girls probably were wishing they had friends to hang out with, but because of Ruby's homeschooling they have to be satisfied with just watching quietly in the background. I guess Chad most likely wouldn't have wanted his little sisters butting in, but they're close enough in age to Chad that I think they could've joined in a little bit or at least talked to his friends. But they kept their distance - looked very interested but were too shy to say anything. These girls need some friends. With Ruby seeming to have some kind of rift with the Griffith family, the girls don't even get to see their cousins anymore who they seemed super close to. They got dragged out of school to do homeschool and follow the same curriculum as their 7 and 9 year old siblings. They aren't allowed to have phones which makes it impossible to keep in touch with any of the friends/cousins they used to hang out with. Ruby is so on top of field trips to get donuts and taking hot tub breaks, but doesn't seem to care whatsoever about keeping her kids socialized and making sure they have friends and the opportunity to connect with people their own age.
My heart breaks for those two! Abby always had some story about school chums to tell, and Julie was always hanging with pals from sport/dance. Now they have literally no one for more than a year. Abby always has a semi placid (as to always be pleasant) expression on her face, but I really wonder what emotions she has struggled with the past 2 years. She used to be Ruby's beautiful angel harp virtuoso. And now she is a full on awkward teen minus the support of good pals. It's shameful.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't think Shari would change if she went to BU. Unfortunately, I think she would just end up miserable and lonely and I don't think she would stay. I think she would push people away with her outspoken views, and pretty much be unable to make friends. And I think she would transfer to BYU, and that would be the end of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Luvthetube
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Luvthetube »

rulatows000 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:54 pm I felt so bad for Julie and Abby in today's vlog. The whole time Chad and his friends were there, they were both standing or sitting in the background, just watching them. Those poor girls probably were wishing they had friends to hang out with, but because of Ruby's homeschooling they have to be satisfied with just watching quietly in the background. I guess Chad most likely wouldn't have wanted his little sisters butting in, but they're close enough in age to Chad that I think they could've joined in a little bit or at least talked to his friends. But they kept their distance - looked very interested but were too shy to say anything. These girls need some friends. With Ruby seeming to have some kind of rift with the Griffith family, the girls don't even get to see their cousins anymore who they seemed super close to. They got dragged out of school to do homeschool and follow the same curriculum as their 7 and 9 year old siblings. They aren't allowed to have phones which makes it impossible to keep in touch with any of the friends/cousins they used to hang out with. Ruby is so on top of field trips to get donuts and taking hot tub breaks, but doesn't seem to care whatsoever about keeping her kids socialized and making sure they have friends and the opportunity to connect with people their own age.
I felt the same way about Abbie and Julie. Hope they get to go back to school soon.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Ruby's bottom lip sure looks plump. I wonder if she is getting botox.

I hope Kevin or Ruby will take the time to explain to Chad how just because you feel it's too low of a speed limit for the road you are on, does not mean you speed. My guess, it's a residential area. She missed to opportunity to lecture about some meaningful.

It's cute, the boys have masks on, but they are all diving into the same cake, lol.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

Luvthetube wrote:
I felt the same way about Abbie and Julie. Hope they get to go back to school soon.
They won't be allowed to go back to school and ruby will probably tell them if they go back to school they will lose basic privileges like a bed or food. They may not like homeschooling but they will stick with it so as they don't want to lose basic privileges.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

xoxocharlie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xoxocharlie »

Maybe this is just me, but in their recent video Ruby said that they take turns to make breakfast. Russell makes breakfast on Thursday. How is an 8-year-old preparing breakfast for a family of 8? When I was 8 my parents still made my lunch for me.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

xoxocharlie wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:13 am Maybe this is just me, but in their recent video Ruby said that they take turns to make breakfast. Russell makes breakfast on Thursday. How is an 8-year-old preparing breakfast for a family of 8? When I was 8 my parents still made my lunch for me.
I am all for teaching kids to be independent and capable.
I think it is fair only if the adult is held responsible., like they won't blame Russel if breakfast ends up tasting bad/burnt, or he doesn't wake up on time, and he's not left alone by it but is supported, guided and helped on Thursdays. (Basically a situation in which he is making breakfast together with mom or dad)
destroyedbythesun
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by destroyedbythesun »

I feel Ruby is leeching off of Chad's high school project Questable. In the prior video she saw it was good and different content so she decided to partake in the filming. We know that she rarely spends money on Chad. Just my theory but I think she agreed to buy food for the challenge in order to film and put it on her channel. More of a you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours relationship.
alisop06

Unread post by alisop06 »

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but is not almost certain now that the Griffiths sisters and parents have distanced themselves from Ruby and the Frankies? We haven't seen Ruby's crew involved in any covid family gatherings in months, and its not like its for social distancing concerns...
tebbyvines
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tebbyvines »

The day has come. Ruby dooby finally blocked me on Instagram. For congratulating her on finally letting her son (Chad) out of his cage!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

boychik0830
Talker
Talker

tebbyvines wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:07 pm The day has come. Ruby dooby finally blocked me on Instagram. For congratulating her on finally letting her son (Chad) out of his cage! Image

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Just make a 2nd account to view her profile that's what I did after she blocked me. I only use it to access 8 passengers and Shari's profiles. I guess she can't stand when someone doesn't agree with her or calls her out on her behavior.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Kataja wrote:
xoxocharlie wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:13 am Maybe this is just me, but in their recent video Ruby said that they take turns to make breakfast. Russell makes breakfast on Thursday. How is an 8-year-old preparing breakfast for a family of 8? When I was 8 my parents still made my lunch for me.
I think it is fair only if the adult is held responsible., like they won't blame Russel if breakfast ends up tasting bad/burnt, or he doesn't wake up on time, and he's not left alone by it but is supported, guided and helped on Thursdays. (Basically a situation in which he is making breakfast together with mom or dad)
That won't happen as ruby wants all of her kids to be completely independent and to teach them responsibility. If Russell forgets to make breakfast or ruins it he will probably lose the privilege to eat or lose his bed.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They want her to go to BYU, find a nice returned missionary, get married, and start popping out babies.
Most parents want their children to do what is going to make the child happy. Ruby wants her kids to do what she thinks they should do, which is live their lives exactly as she did. New ideas are anathema to Ruby. Any rebellion or individual thoughts must be crushed, which is why I don't think Shari will end up in law school.
I think in Shari's case, she would be miserable at BU, Penn, or GW. She is so smug and convinced of her own superiority (thanks to Ruby and Kevin) that she would likely be telling her classmates how wrong they are, and wouldn't make many friends unless there's an LDS student group on campus. I think she would head back to Utah after the first semester.
Ruby did a post on IG saying that Shari is going to announce which college she is going to, so they're keeping the fiction alive that she was undecided, for content. She already has roommates picked out. You don't do that if you are undecided.

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

boychik0830 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:03 pm
Kataja wrote:
That won't happen as ruby wants all of her kids to be completely independent and to teach them responsibility. If Russell forgets to make breakfast or ruins it he will probably lose the privilege to eat or lose his bed.

Yep, Ruby gives no mercy to her children, all the while she has been granted a LOT! Remember, Eve forgot her lunch (err, told Ruby she had made her lunch) and when teacher called Ruby that Eve had no lunch, Ruby responded with something like, she'll just have to do without. If that wasn't bad enough coming from a mom, she proceeded to tell the camera that she hopes nobody shares their food with Eve, when she was in kindergarten.

Also, Ruby has looked for every and any reason to pass the buck on being responsible for her children. Once they walk and talk they are held fully accountable, this way, Ruby doesn't have any accountability.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Happy+Charlie wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 am
boychik0830 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:03 pm
Kataja wrote:

Yep, Ruby gives no mercy to her children, all the while she has been granted a LOT! Remember, Eve forgot her lunch (err, told Ruby she had made her lunch) and when teacher called Ruby that Eve had no lunch, Ruby responded with something like, she'll just have to do without. If that wasn't bad enough coming from a mom, she proceeded to tell the camera that she hopes nobody shares their food with Eve, when she was in kindergarten.

Also, Ruby has looked for every and any reason to pass the buck on being responsible for her children. Once they walk and talk they are held fully accountable, this way, Ruby doesn't have any accountability.
No 5 year old should be expected to pack their own lunch. I don't think children should be packing their own lunches until at least 5th or 6th grade at the earliest. If I didn't have a lunch I would not be able to focus in class as all I could focus on is me being hungry. The only lesson ruby is teaching eve is that it's ok and encouraged to not eat a meal every once in and a while which isn't good as that could cause anorexia or other health issues for eve. If I had a child and they forgot their lunch I would make sure they got a lunch somehow even if I was working as I would never let my child go hungry all day without any food. It's great to teach your children to be independent but it needs to be age appropriate things. I guess it isn't her job to provide basic needs for your kids I guess eve has to wear dirty clothes because ruby expects her to wash clothes all by her self and the only way her clothes get washed if shari does it for her because she needs help doing it. She needs to help her children out instead of expecting them to be completely independent.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, if Eve has dirty clothes, it's her big sisters' fault. Shari, Abby and Julie are tasked with making sure Eve gets her laundry done.
Ruby just pops them out. Once they are past toddler hood, they're on their own. I may call Shari "smug", but she's been parentified for a very long time, and expected to take responsibility for things she shouldn't have.

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

AttackAttack95 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:40 am
imoverit wrote:Shari should be hearing from BYU in about a week! I haven't watched any of them for a while now but I wonder if/when Shari will say whether or not she got in. If she does get in I expect we'll hear soon after, and I also wonder if she will just write off the other schools and not care about them since she just wants to go to BYU. It's sad because as the oldest Griffiths grandchild I think doing something new would set a great example to the rest that they can go anywhere they want and not be restricted to their Utah bubble, but if she goes to BYU I think it will encourage even more of the kids to limit their aspirations to just that school as well. Not that that should be a factor in her decision, I just mean it will be a byproduct of it.
Sorry I know this is a while back

Why are they pushing her so much to go to BYU? besides the fact that daddy Kevin can get her some money off and has connections there, when they were in Boston they brought up being that Shari could be lawyer in BYU (something to do with Sharis thesis) I don’t know why it bugs me so much lol
Probably because most of the students there are LDS and of course it's close to home. These people live in a bubble and want their children to find similar-minded spouses and pop out many grandchildren. That's what they know. All of Ruby's kids will go to BYU whether they want to or not. They may look at other schools but that's just for views.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:34 am Oh, if Eve has dirty clothes, it's her big sisters' fault. Shari, Abby and Julie are tasked with making sure Eve gets her laundry done.
Ruby just pops them out. Once they are past toddler hood, they're on their own. I may call Shari "smug", but she's been parentified for a very long time, and expected to take responsibility for things she shouldn't have.

Ruby needs to take more responsibility for her kids and if she wasn't willing to do that then she should not have had kids at all. You can't expect a 5 year old to be completely independent without help from someone. It seems like the only thing ruby provides for her kids is a place to live.
Herroyaldorkness
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Herroyaldorkness »

Boy, Ruby is sure using Chad to get those views up. Gross.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Herroyaldorkness wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:15 am Boy, Ruby is sure using Chad to get those views up. Gross.
Her favorite child is determined by the one who brings in the most views and gives her the most money.

Return to “8 Passengers”