prbeca
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Trashelle & Justina: Stents & Stones, Can’t Afford a Dream Home | Part 18

Unread post by prbeca »

dani_banana wrote:
The sad thing is, even the “reality” photo is edited and heavily filtered, just not as much as the other one.

I wonder if she’s reading all the comments here about their looks which led her to start facetuning like crazy? It’s so painfully obvious that the photo was facetuned to high heaven. Sorry Rash, you can’t win Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone else think rashys brows look like sperm?

NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NowAndThen87 »

RobinSparkles wrote:I really have no idea what the actual pay structure is like, im just basing it on similar families. Gardner Quad Squad went from bankruptcy and collecting social security for their preemies to spending big money on a house (and throwing it in the wind at everything else). I know they had money coming in from the lipstick too but they were definitely making bank on YouTube too with almost daily vlogs. Phil and Alex have no jobs and are traveling the country, paying for expensive treatments and definitely making big money. I know they have much bigger followings now but they seemed to be doing really well even when they were closer to Rachelle and Justin size followings.
rxysm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:39 am
mhan1013 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:46 am ImageImageEAF19E72-ED22-4E4E-9BA2-519DDA2B5D38.jpeg
We don’t believe it because they are making maybe 1,200 a month from YouTube ad revenue. They don’t have a big enough following to demand much for sponsorships. 200,000 followers is not a lot. I know another YouTuber that has the same amount of followers and she says she can do rent of $1000 for a one bedroom apartment and still feel comfortable. She also has a full time job. Banks do not count military disability or the GI bill as income to qualify you for a loan. My husband is a 90% disabled veteran and we can’t use that as income even for a VA loan. It is a benefit, not income is how they explained it. And they usually require 2 years of continuous employment (which Justin doesn’t have) and Rachelle has to prove steady income with YouTube which is considered self employed and that means stricter requirements. Then, the houses they want are in the 500k range.

We might believe they could afford a 200k house but they haven’t talked about that price range once. They complain about their rent going up $200 a month but a mortgage in that area is going to be even more than they pay on rent. Plus they go on all these vacations, buy lots of crap and are generally boring.

[/quote]

Gardner Quad Squad (god I hate even typing that stupid name) also had money coming in from their TLC reality show and she had that one video that went super viral which led to an appearance on Ellen and endorsement deals. They still spent way above their means but at least they are consistent with uploading and content.
Phil and Alex are grifters. Plain and simple. They have their “charity” and other ventures. They were living in a two bedroom apartment and pissing a lot of money away on IVF (that wasn’t funded through donations) and most think the RV thing is probably because they couldn’t afford even the apartment.

So do I think Rachelle and Justin can afford a half million dollar house mortgage on what they make from YouTube? Hell no.

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

His family paid for ireland. His family gave them money.

If your looking to blow smoke up her arse, your in the wrong place.
NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

RobinSparkles wrote:I mean they went from jobs as a daycare worker and a mechanic to unemployed and yet still spending two weeks in Ireland and a few nights at the Ritz and house hunting. That makes me think that the $1200/month figure cannot be even close to their reality. I know there’s no way to confirm but some articles suggest .03-.10/cents per view. Even at the lowest end of that range, she averages 50k-ish views per video and they post 3-4 times per week at least. 14 videos a month would mean 21,000 a month. Even at half that they are definitely making a decent chunk on YouTube alone. I just don’t think that’s a good future minded strategy nor an excuse to be entitled and lazy.

If that range is even close to accurate I am sick at what Phil and Alex make.
NowAndThen87 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:22 pm
RobinSparkles wrote:I really have no idea what the actual pay structure is like, im just basing it on similar families. Gardner Quad Squad went from bankruptcy and collecting social security for their preemies to spending big money on a house (and throwing it in the wind at everything else). I know they had money coming in from the lipstick too but they were definitely making bank on YouTube too with almost daily vlogs. Phil and Alex have no jobs and are traveling the country, paying for expensive treatments and definitely making big money. I know they have much bigger followings now but they seemed to be doing really well even when they were closer to Rachelle and Justin size followings.

We don’t believe it because they are making maybe 1,200 a month from YouTube ad revenue. They don’t have a big enough following to demand much for sponsorships. 200,000 followers is not a lot. I know another YouTuber that has the same amount of followers and she says she can do rent of $1000 for a one bedroom apartment and still feel comfortable. She also has a full time job. Banks do not count military disability or the GI bill as income to qualify you for a loan. My husband is a 90% disabled veteran and we can’t use that as income even for a VA loan. It is a benefit, not income is how they explained it. And they usually require 2 years of continuous employment (which Justin doesn’t have) and Rachelle has to prove steady income with YouTube which is considered self employed and that means stricter requirements. Then, the houses they want are in the 500k range.

We might believe they could afford a 200k house but they haven’t talked about that price range once. They complain about their rent going up $200 a month but a mortgage in that area is going to be even more than they pay on rent. Plus they go on all these vacations, buy lots of crap and are generally boring.

Gardner Quad Squad (god I hate even typing that stupid name) also had money coming in from their TLC reality show and she had that one video that went super viral which led to an appearance on Ellen and endorsement deals. They still spent way above their means but at least they are consistent with uploading and content.
Phil and Alex are grifters. Plain and simple. They have their “charity” and other ventures. They were living in a two bedroom apartment and pissing a lot of money away on IVF (that wasn’t funded through donations) and most think the RV thing is probably because they couldn’t afford even the apartment.

So do I think Rachelle and Justin can afford a half million dollar house mortgage on what they make from YouTube? Hell no.

[/quote]

I mean this topic has been beaten to death but the actuality of what a person makes with only 200k subscribers (and only 50k views a video) is I think a lot lower than you seem to think. To make money and make it a job 200k is just not going to be enough to make most spenders even look at you which is where the real money is at. Like you know when a youtuber says “this video is sponsored by company xyz” that’s them making money. YouTube ad revenue isn’t that grand.

I think they could live very comfortably with what YouTube brings in if Justin had a full time job and she did this and stayed at home. Not lavishly but comfortable enough. I just think you might be believing articles that are saying they make a lot more off YouTube.

Many people now have that many subscribers. They do nothing special or have even gone viral.

NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Haulnarse wrote:His family paid for ireland. His family gave them money.

His parents paid for IVF as well if I’m remembering correctly

Floridagator 1012
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Floridagator 1012 »

RobinSparkles wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:56 pm Wow, really? I don’t watch all that much (I didn’t watch any of the leading up to Ireland or going there videos) but I do remember a post (Instagram maybe?) where she said they had a goal to make it to Ireland in ten years but they made it in five. It was very self congratulatory. Crazy if they didn’t earn it themselves.

I don’t think they’re the worst people on YouTube but I think they’re pretty gross for rising to fame based on their dead daughter. And using that platform to decide to quit their jobs and sit around all day.

The fact that I think they’re making decent money doesn’t mean I can’t also dislike them. I think we will see when/if they buy a house. They can claim anything they want on YouTube but banks have strict debt/income ratios.
Haulnarse wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:51 pm His family paid for ireland. His family gave them money.

They are like a lot of these small YTers they spend and return a lot of the stuff after they show it. Most of the companies she shows in her videos are not paid they give her free items to show and a commission code legally that has to be called an ad. Her viewers are mostly 11-15 years old now so they aren’t buying stuff. Justine was a car detailed at the dealership and couldn’t even do that because he is too lazy, their rent was 1200.00 and went to 1500.00 and they said it was rough then started saying we are getting an 800k house then a 500-800k house. There is no way with 1 year of proven YT income. I know several YTers some a little smaller than Rachelle and some a lot bigger. What you see isn’t the truth spend and return is very common practice to build value in hopes of ads, income is very unstable and very hard to get a loan with, YT also is having major growing pains which is making loans hard you see the amount of yters going into foreclosure and bankrupt. They had Justin’s parents pay for Ireland then said they got there because Rachelle only counts touching her feet on the ground not actually paying for it. The ritz they did because they were so dumb they thought it was an investment but Keren had contracts of no posting when they got there. Rachelle’s mom has been buying a lot of stuff for them because Rachelle uses Brynn when anyone turns her away. Hell they couldn’t even afford to go to DisneyLand they had a fan that worked there get them tickets and clearly said they wouldn’t have been able to afford it unless she gave them tickets. You need to watch and listen you will catch the lies.
herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by herebcofbritney »

I know for a FACT that they cannot afford a 500k house. If they’re complaining over $1500 rent, they can only afford 300k max. I said this 4 months ago because I did the math. Now idk if I factored in their down payment or not but I don’t see them having more than 25-50k down payment if that. The way the spend, I just don’t see it. My husband and I are their age, military as well and the only reason we have a down payment for a home is because he had an inheritance. I’m not ashamed to admit that. Now if Rachelle has an inheritance too somehow or Justin they definitely won’t say. They’ll pass it off as their own income. So unless they pull a hefty down payment out of their ass, they aren’t getting a home better than what they’re in now. Unless they magically move to Texas or somewhere cheaper than California.
herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

herebcofbritney wrote:I know for a FACT that they cannot afford a 500k house. If they’re complaining over $1500 rent, they can only afford 300k max. I said this 4 months ago because I did the math. Now idk if I factored in their down payment or not but I don’t see them having more than 25-50k down payment if that. The way the spend, I just don’t see it. My husband and I are their age, military as well and the only reason we have a down payment for a home is because he had an inheritance. I’m not ashamed to admit that. Now if Rachelle has an inheritance too somehow or Justin they definitely won’t say. They’ll pass it off as their own income. So unless they pull a hefty down payment out of their ass, they aren’t getting a home better than what they’re in now. Unless they magically move to Texas or somewhere cheaper than California.

In addition to my last post, look at Tara Henderson for example. She has almost double the subs Rachelle and Justin have. She has double or triple the views on some videos. She uploads less as well. She capped herself at $350k for a mortgage in Texas. She used to live in San Clemente not far from them. She knew they couldn’t afford to live in California. Now Tara also has her SUV financed too I’m sure and that’s a $50k vehicle. Her husband actually HAD a full time job when they did all of this and they got accepted for both. So now their debt that we know of is around $400k. Just for their house and vehicle. Tara is a lot more successful than Justin and Rachelle. No way they can have what Tara and Adam have. I just can’t see it.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

RobinSparkles wrote:Wow, really? I don’t watch all that much (I didn’t watch any of the leading up to Ireland or going there videos) but I do remember a post (Instagram maybe?) where she said they had a goal to make it to Ireland in ten years but they made it in five. It was very self congratulatory. Crazy if they didn’t earn it themselves.

I don’t think they’re the worst people on YouTube but I think they’re pretty gross for rising to fame based on their dead daughter. And using that platform to decide to quit their jobs and sit around all day.

The fact that I think they’re making decent money doesn’t mean I can’t also dislike them. I think we will see when/if they buy a house. They can claim anything they want on YouTube but banks have strict debt/income ratios.
Haulnarse wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:51 pm His family paid for ireland. His family gave them money.

If you’re going to come here can you at least learn how to properly quote. Your post is appearing above the post you’re quoting rather than under it. Which messes everything else up. Heck my post will probably be screwed too.

herebcofbritney
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Okay fine. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Let’s just see what this house looks like. She filmed a house update but the update basically said they won’t know anything more until tomorrow which In real time is today and then she proceeded to say she will update us next week sometime. She’s not too worried about it, it’s not as important as Emma’s party. Fair enough. But, I bet if it was her DREAM house, she would be showing it off the second she found out their offer was accepted.
Mookiel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mookiel »

RobinSparkles wrote:My view on her complaining about the rent is not that they couldn’t afford it but that a 20% increase in rent would make most people mad and want to buy if possible. My other thought is she tries to stay relatable because if she brags that may not go over well with her fans; everyone knows they weren’t affluent before so if they show off how well they’re doing on on YouTube it just makes them less relatable I think. I’m not really arguing about how much they make, because none of us really know—I do think there’s a chance it’s big bucks— but I think their eventual home purchase will be really telling and I’m really interested for that reason.
herebcofbritney wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:40 pm I know for a FACT that they cannot afford a 500k house. If they’re complaining over $1500 rent, they can only afford 300k max. I said this 4 months ago because I did the math. Now idk if I factored in their down payment or not but I don’t see them having more than 25-50k down payment if that. The way the spend, I just don’t see it. My husband and I are their age, military as well and the only reason we have a down payment for a home is because he had an inheritance. I’m not ashamed to admit that. Now if Rachelle has an inheritance too somehow or Justin they definitely won’t say. They’ll pass it off as their own income. So unless they pull a hefty down payment out of their ass, they aren’t getting a home better than what they’re in now. Unless they magically move to Texas or somewhere cheaper than California.

Relatable? Image I don’t know anyone else that lies and brags as much as these people.

Mookiel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mookiel »

RobinSparkles wrote:I don’t think they necessarily succeed but I think she *tries* to be conscious of not appearing to have gone from broke to making big money. I think most YTers try to downplay it.
Mookiel wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:34 pm
RobinSparkles wrote:My view on her complaining about the rent is not that they couldn’t afford it but that a 20% increase in rent would make most people mad and want to buy if possible. My other thought is she tries to stay relatable because if she brags that may not go over well with her fans; everyone knows they weren’t affluent before so if they show off how well they’re doing on on YouTube it just makes them less relatable I think. I’m not really arguing about how much they make, because none of us really know—I do think there’s a chance it’s big bucks— but I think their eventual home purchase will be really telling and I’m really interested for that reason.

Relatable? Image I don’t know anyone else that lies and brags as much as these people.

Are you lost?? I can direct you to her YouTube comment section if you’d like?

13Cindersmella
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 13Cindersmella »

I think they do ok. There are always a 3-5 sponsorships a month and their views. I would guess they are making 500-2000 on sponsorships and the their views. Maybe 3-6 a month. Justin gets his va benefits too and that helps.

Regardless that income doesn’t equal a 500-1.0 range for a home. Maybe 300 at the very tip top and if they have a decent down payment.

It is all for naught. She is the bunny Meyers of mommy vloggers. She sucks at content.

Videos of an old piece of garbage they spray painted when a new is like 50 bucks-video

Videos of her planning, picking a theme, picking a cake, decor and eveything else for a 1st bday- no content

Staring at lots of grass and declaring it home-video!

Actually looking at realistic homes and talking about the pros and cons and the process-no content

She sucks at having any insight into what is interesting so it is just target and nothing. She and target are bunny and her closet. People spent years giving bunny amazing ideas, but she simply can’t change. Even though this isn’t a crew of her biggest fans (and we all know you are here rashelke) she has still been given ideas.

No follow through, no ability to really create, deletes Non-praise which is horrible for views and adding subscribers, and doesn’t do anything interesting. Her channel will slowly die, just like bunny’s and for the same reasons. She can’t get out of her own way.

JustWannaGossip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by JustWannaGossip »

To this person asking all the questions. There’s a YouTube “simply nailogical” who did a video when the tornadoes hit Ottawa, Canada (where’s she’s from) and donated all and revenue from the video to the red cross in her area. She stated at the end of that weekend the video made $12,000 and it had about 3 mil views. 3 millions views is 60x what Rachelle and Justin AVERAGE. Sometimes they don’t even top 30k.

JustWannaGossip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by JustWannaGossip »

JustWannaGossip wrote:To this person asking all the questions. There’s a YouTube “simply nailogical” who did a video when the tornadoes hit Ottawa, Canada (where’s she’s from) and donated all and revenue from the video to the red cross in her area. She stated at the end of that weekend the video made $12,000 and it had about 3 mil views. 3 millions views is 60x what Rachelle and Justin AVERAGE. Sometimes they don’t even top 30k.

So if they make let’s say 50k views on teach video for 30 days straight that $6,000 which sounds like a lot until you remember that they live in an area/state that has the highest cost of living imaginable. $1200 for rent gets you a 4 bedroom apartment where I’m from and $6,000 is AMAZING, but gas prices are almost doubled in their area and they basically live in their car driving everywhere. They buy useless things every day.

Tina9900
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tina9900 »

JustWannaGossip wrote:To this person asking all the questions. There’s a YouTube “simply nailogical” who did a video when the tornadoes hit Ottawa, Canada (where’s she’s from) and donated all and revenue from the video to the red cross in her area. She stated at the end of that weekend the video made $12,000 and it had about 3 mil views. 3 millions views is 60x what Rachelle and Justin AVERAGE. Sometimes they don’t even top 30k.

Rachelle and Justin could learn something from simply nailogical. She has a very successful YouTube channel yet she and her boyfriend still work. She is always talking about how YouTube could be go away at any time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

I have tried really hard to catch up and I have no clue what’s going on. The replies are so messed up.

Anyways is it normal to not hear back on an offer for 3 days? That seems like a long time. I thought it was 24-48 hours normally.

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

princessanp wrote:I have tried really hard to catch up and I have no clue what’s going on. The replies are so messed up.

Anyways is it normal to not hear back on an offer for 3 days? That seems like a long time. I thought it was 24-48 hours normally.

Honestly here id expect some sort of indication at about 12-24hrs. In fact all of our offers on properties have been presented within 2-3hrs and either counted or accepted within the 24hr mark.

Our current property - we viewed at around 2pm Tuesday (along with 8 other houses), put an low ball offer in on that evening, it was countered same day, we accepted at about 9pm - SAME DAY! Yes we we are crazy but it worked.

It was conditional on:
* finance (had been pre approved already but the bank still had to confirm that the property we were buying was actually worth what we were paying)

* insurance (lots of properties here we are unable to get insurance due to the earthquakes)

* builders report (which was completed the very next day)

*council LIM (land memoranda something-a-rather - basically checking that there was no plans to put a road through the yard, checking sewerage etc, checking that the neighbors weren’t going to be building a 10’storyed appartment block etc).

We had two weeks to get all of that sorted and “go unconditional”. We went unconditional in 5 business days and we were able to move the possession date by two weeks (we did possession 4 weeks from offer accepted which is usual here, we had sold and were renting so had to give notice as well), we were able to get possession after 2 weeks as house was empty and we wanted to MOVE MOVE MOVE!

Shes fully dragging it out for views.
Baz1_
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Baz1_ »

princessanp wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:24 pm I have tried really hard to catch up and I have no clue what’s going on. The replies are so messed up.

If the house has just been put on the market, the sellers might be waiting till the weekend to look at all the offers and compare. Also depends on their offer, if it was a good bit lower than the list price then the sellers might be waiting till the weekend to see if they get any other offers. I find it strange how they haven’t really heard anything yet. No counter offer, no word on what the seller is planning to do.

I also find it strange how they put an offer in on a house out of nowhere. They vlogged themselves visiting all those other houses but there was not a word mentioned about this house until they put an offer in? Did they even visit it??
hscheer10
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hscheer10 »

Saw this video of a portrait tattoo on Facebook. Now THIS is how you honor your daughter. Justin probably paid $50 for his blob fungus looking thing Image[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201908 ... 28b551.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Return to “Rachelle and Justin”