Phil and Alex Me ourselves and IVF Part 5

Kataja
Informer
Informer

Re: Phil and Alex Me ourselves and IVF Part 5

Post by Kataja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:38 am

eab424 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:07 am
Honestly, I kind of don’t think Phil was so bad there. I think he was trying to keep Alex from jumping into bed for days. Which is understandable because that’s where she winds up when things aren’t going her way. I could understand her feelings if they weren’t the parents of two little girls but let's be real their TTC #3. Yes, Kinsley and Callie are adopted but they are their kids. And Alex hasn’t gotten to the place where “it’s bad” they don’t know how many of those embryos will become a baby just like we can’t count the number of trees that might grow from seeds in an apple. As much as I hope it doesn’t work for K and C’s sake, we have no idea what the outcome will be.

Alex is always poor me (and Phil does this BS too) where they act like they have it so bad and have a clue about what the infertility population is going through. They don’t. That’s one of the top 5 things they do that makes me so annoyed with them. Majority of the time he’s kissing her ass over it all.
I have to disagree with you on this one. Even Alex wouldn't jump into bed for this, she was just bit depressed (When she was on bed rest, wasn't that actually recommended from her doctor anyways?!) They have struggled with infertility for years now, so any small set back can trigger old memories when things didn't work out. I think Phil was implying that Alex is not grateful for the embryos they have, and not realizing that Alex is just scared in advance that things won't work out.

What Alex would have needed, was a spouse consoling her that everything is gonna be alright, and not judgement that ''you are not grateful enough.''
Comforting works way better to make somebody feel better about the situation than judgement.
anneraingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Post by anneraingirl » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:49 am

I agree that their first round of embryos may have very well been genetically abnormal. Alex has had the horrible endometriosis, has factor 5 leiden, and MTHFR. I have a sister in law who had no trouble getting pregnant but due to her Antiphospholipid Syndrome had multiple miscarriages before discovering she needed daily injections to maintain the 2 pregnancies she carried to term.

The benefit of a surrogate as Alex herself has said is that a surrogate is proven uterus. I completely agree that with genetically abnormal embryos a surrogate would not have mattered. I just think with everything working against pregnancy in Alex's body they should continue to be "protective" over them and get a proven uterus if they really want a baby.
Teatree10
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Teatree10 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:20 am

Oh they were both being the absolute worst in that conversation. Alex was being so unrealistic about the numbers she was going to achieve, even right from when she was having scans and referring to follicle counts as egg counts. Phil was being so self absorbed. He’s painful to watch but I have a small amount of sympathy for him. Imagine living with Alex! She says she doesn’t complain, says she doesn’t ever get stressed, is the most easy going person in the world.... um for someone who films themselves for a living she has so little self awareness!

I agree with whoever said she jumped so quickly to adoption in that conversation. No way does she want to travel in that RV for a year. She’s literally itching to have another baby in her arms ASAP. Can she just focus on the two babies she has and enjoy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gossipdottir
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipdottir » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:54 am

Loved that moment when she was screeching "I don't complain, I never complain" and Phil "but you do"

soooo telling. Because, you guy, she doesn't complain! It's not like she just wants the bio baby, it's not like she just wants the pregnant belly (btw, I think she would rather have embryos put in herself than using a surrogate because of her dream of being pregnant, belly trumps going for the most safe way of carrying her biochild to term)

she is a lying train, the marriage is cracking, and if this doesn't work, they will be in an house within a month
Tangie77
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Tangie77 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:08 am

I was just confused by theher whole reaction and fixation on 19 eggs. she never had 19 from my understanding, I've never had IVF, but many close people to me have and her numbers were not horrific. even her instagram comments have similar numbers experiances. I dont think think she would be happy with ny number. this whole journey they are on is an emotional rollercoaster but she seems to have wants that are just not feasible.
Celia
Informer
Informer

Post by Celia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:02 am

Alex strikes me as the kind of person who would never be happy. Even if her egg count was higher, even if they had more genetically normal ones, even if 10 more adoptions magically fell into their laps, it wouldn’t be enough. She wanted to be the young pastors wife with 10 kids right after another and she didn’t get that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Post by PinkMoscato » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:18 am

Tangie77 wrote:I was just confused by theher whole reaction and fixation on 19 eggs. she never had 19 from my understanding, I've never had IVF, but many close people to me have and her numbers were not horrific. even her instagram comments have similar numbers experiances. I dont think think she would be happy with ny number. this whole journey they are on is an emotional rollercoaster but she seems to have wants that are just not feasible.
She has no idea how IVF works, which is shocking because of her obsession with it. I’ve been an egg donor- I’m young, healthy, super fertile... but I had 32 follicles and 19 “good” eggs to donate. Others weren’t mature enough. And my doctors thought that was great.

If she wanted her 19 eggs she needed a lot more follicles.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eab424 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:23 pm

I get they’ve struggled with Infertility, my point though is that they are not the typical couple with infertility since they do have children. And we’ve seen Alex jump into bed before and mope when things aren’t going her way which is why I said I was surprised that she hadn’t jumped into bed already. She did when it was mother’s day last year. 

Alex has so much to be grateful and thankful for. Honestly, as many of us here have experienced situations leading to the fertility clinic, Alex has had it easy because every step of the way as far as being at the IF clinic, she’s been a mom. She’s hurt many ladies at her fertility clinic by how insensitive she is. She smiled when someone suffered a miscarriage.

As far as the drop in numbers for someone with her health issues I’m amazed that dr. Hatch hadn’t prepared her for what her numbers most likely would’ve been. Alex is not the poster child for infertile women who have struggled for years. As much as she’d like to be. I think it’s also disturbing how they talk with Kinsley about what Alex has done. She puts herself first so I feel like what Alex is getting is a little bit of karma. Having two babies at home while doing IVF isn’t struggling. Another thought is what if this crap was an act Phil was putting on for the camera? Also 99.999% of the time he's kissing Alex's mournful butt. She's so focused on what she doesn't have she can't appreciate what she does.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 pm

im just a long time lurker but watching todays video and watching their argument was actually painful.

there's some tension about this topic and you can tell most of their marriage problems root from IVF aka ELECTIVE medical intervention. what a horrible way to spend ur life and marriage. both of these people can survive without IVF. they're fighting as if one of them is terminal.

at some point they need to give up and live their lives. we don't all get what we want in life and their situation is rare in itself.

god is saying no to birth babies.

- infertility for count and mobility is one thing. (clinics can help that)

- having endometriosis is one thing (clinics can help that)

but their dna is literally rejecting itself. it's abnormal and there's genetic issues. nature does NOT want them to mate together.

they can go to clinics and transfers, and sometimes that works but our science just isn't advanced enough to fix fucked up genetics within an embryo and at some point it becomes an "ethics" conversation.

i dont think this will happen for them. i wish it would but if they keep on, they'll walk out of live with no birth babies but an ex husband/ex wife.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:17 pm

what if she gets pregnant and the child has a low life expectancy because of genetic issues. or a disability? what if she passes 20 weeks and ends up with a stillborn baby. their playing with fire and nature has a way of balancing itself.

if it's not meant to be --- it's not meant to be and WONT be. nature shows no mercy. and the more they play around the consequences increase.

these two could be stressing themselves right into their greatest heartbreak.

GGF1987
Informer
Informer

Post by GGF1987 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 pm

They need to stop wasting time and money on IVF and do something to fix their marriage! Who records themselves fighting with their wife in the middle of Target and puts it on Youtube? Phil. This video(the little bit I watched anyway) was a dumpster fire and 100% proof that the last thing they need is more children!
Last edited by GGF1987 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LexiRae
Informer
Informer

Post by LexiRae » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 pm

ilikereadinggossip wrote:what if she gets pregnant and the child has a low life expectancy because of genetic issues. or a disability? what if she passes 20 weeks and ends up with a stillborn baby. their playing with fire and nature has a way of balancing itself.

if it's not meant to be --- it's not meant to be and WONT be. nature shows no mercy. and the more they play around the consequences increase.

I completely agree with every single thing you said. There can be serious consequences to playing god sometimes. Some people just aren’t meant to bare children whether it be due to poor genetics or just the universes plan. Everything happens for a reason and the way they keep pushing for a bio child is just sad. They have 2 of the most beautiful kids on YouTube and they should be at least somewhat grateful

lucky181
Amateur
Amateur

Post by lucky181 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:31 pm

So what will they do with the 2 genetically normal embryos they got (per IG)?
Angelsong01
Talker
Talker

Post by Angelsong01 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:19 am

Discussing adoption in Target - please! I felt Alex was showing off in front of other customers, I am an adoptee, and wouldn't have thanked my Mother to make a public spectacle in that way. I realise the girls have already been told how special they are. There is much more to it than that, Alex.

More buys for the RV. Such unecessary extravagance.

Kinsley eating with her mouth open and talking at the same time. Please either cut her hair, or tie it up, the length of it is dragging the curl out, which is what happens to mine when it gets too long.

I do hope for their sakes that this time there is a bio baby, but oh my goodness me, what a drama it is going to be!
rd_valo
Talker
Talker

Post by rd_valo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:14 am

Angelsong01 wrote:Discussing adoption in Target - please! I felt Alex was showing off in front of other customers, I am an adoptee, and wouldn't have thanked my Mother to make a public spectacle in that way. I realise the girls have already been told how special they are. There is much more to it than that, Alex.

Kinsley eating with her mouth open and talking at the same time. Please either cut her hair, or tie it up, the length of it is dragging the curl out, which is what happens to mine when it gets too long.

I do hope for their sakes that this time there is a bio baby, but oh my goodness me, what a drama it is going to be!
They can go too far with telling the girls they are special too. My kids father was adopted, came from an abusive birth family. His adoptive family told him he was special constantly, walked on eggshells around him when he was younger. Now he's a complete asshole. Thinks he's special and anyone that attempts to make him accountable for his shitty actions is wrong.
Shit like Alex is doing is going to fuck those kids heads up so much. Yes all kids need to know they are special, especially those who have experienced loss and trauma early on. But it's a balancing act. The way Alex goes about these conversations in a way that could have long term negative effects on the girls.. I doubt she could ever see that though

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Haulnarse » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:37 am

All those girls are going to remember growing up is trips to target and trips to the clinic.
GGF1987
Informer
Informer

Post by GGF1987 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:54 am

Angelsong01 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:19 am
Discussing adoption in Target - please! I felt Alex was showing off in front of other customers, I am an adoptee, and wouldn't have thanked my Mother to make a public spectacle in that way. I realise the girls have already been told how special they are. There is much more to it than that, Alex.

The whole conversation was so weird to me. I don't think discussing adoption with the girls is a bad thing and they should of course answer any questions they have. However I think you can go too far with it and I feel like Alex does. They know they are adopted and they can come to you with questions, why do they need to keep harping on it? It's like she doesn't want them to forget they are just their adopted kids. I also can't understand why Alex wouldn't take a hint that Kinsley didn't want to talk about it on camera and was obviously uncomfortable. She just kept pushing it and pushing it. The whole conversation just made Alex look bad. I feel for those girls.
Elle-Cue-24
Talker
Talker

Post by Elle-Cue-24 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:53 am

ilikereadinggossip wrote:what if she gets pregnant and the child has a low life expectancy because of genetic issues. or a disability? what if she passes 20 weeks and ends up with a stillborn baby. their playing with fire and nature has a way of balancing itself.

The remaining 2 embryos have been tested though and are genetically normal so hopefully should they implant there wouldn’t be any issues

your_illusion
Amateur
Amateur

Phil and Alex Me ourselves and IVF Part 5

Post by your_illusion » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 am

Few things.

1. I understand that your upset things don’t work out ,but she acts like a toddler . She has two beautiful girls to take care of. That’s why you go a priest or therapist to talk about things happening in your life. Also those poor girls are going to be traumatized From Alex telling them about her ivf.

2. If they were my children I would let them know that they are very special to me and let them know they are adopted . I would also maybe once a year celebrate their adoption day kinda like a birthday. Not bring it up in a public place like target and on camera . That poor girl.

3. I am a big believer in god and things happening for a reason. I do believe that they were chosen to be adopted parents and not bio parents. I mean you would think people of strong faith would see that .

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Amelia322 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:38 am

Why does do their girls need to be told they’re extra special? Why can’t they normalize adoption by telling them they are your daughters... she keeps wanting them to remember they didn’t come from Alex. Like why?

They don’t need a big explanation Reminding them they are bio kids. Like why?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 am

Elle-Cue-24 wrote:

The remaining 2 embryos have been tested though and are genetically normal so hopefully should they implant there wouldn’t be any issues

i mean implanting maybe but that doesn't mean she'll have a viable pregnancy. she's never been pregnant long enough to actually see if she's able to physically carry a child. that's a variable they haven't even explored yet because getting her pregnant is already a challenge in itself. so once they get her pregnant, their next worry will be keeping her pregnant.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eab424 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:29 pm

As far as genetic issues it’s extremely rare for a pregnancy like that to go beyond 12 weeks. Usually, this is why miscarriages happen. As far as her ability to carry, With the medication, she was able to carry a miscarriage 5 weeks past the time that it died. I don’t see anything that would point to her inability to carry just that she had bad embryos that weren’t going to make it in the first place.

The embryos are being tested this time so the chances of an embryo having a defect where they’d die or have a life-threatening condition aren’t there. Alex says one thing on the vlog but let’s face it she’s known to not be genuine and tends to lie. She still brings up how “difficult” it was with Callie. Now can you imagine her with a child who has problems that are a lot worse? If anything is somewhat harder than what she’s used to she can’t handle it. Says a lot about how she was raised. 

StreetTacosTalking
Talker
Talker

Post by StreetTacosTalking » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Any else notice that she referred to the “11 week miscarriage” in the vlog and said “that baby was never going to make it past 12 weeks”. Baby. Singular. Not babies.

Scoobs212
Talker
Talker

Post by Scoobs212 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 pm

That conversation Alex prompted with Kinsley was just obnoxious. You can normalize adoption without telling your kids that they're super-extra-all-the-specials compared to everyone else.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm

eh!

i might get jumped on for saying this but i dont consider her situations miscarriages, i see them as chemical pregnancies.

1. it's not like the baby is dying for no reason at all, it's just a baby that the body would otherwise discard naturally because of genetic abnormalities. some women have these chemical pregnancies naturally without knowing they were even pregnant.

2. she purposely keeps a dying embryo inside and rides the miscarriage thing out until she can't anymore.

Return to “Phil and Alex”