Phil and Alex when only a bio will do and the RV train wreck part 6

Jupiter
Talker
Talker

Re: Phil and Alex when only a bio will do and the RV train wreck part 6

Post by Jupiter » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 am

Beanmama wrote:
Scoobs212 wrote:Every time she talks about heading east, the Tennessean in me starts to cringe.
I like how she said “because thats the only place you can go from CA..”
Umm. There’s Oregon and Washington above you but pls don’t come here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm right above you in Kentucky. Pray they take a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

FlowersTar 68
Informer
Informer

Post by FlowersTar 68 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:05 am

Here_2_talk wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:00 pm
Well, that was a total waste of time! They are just dragging things out... now they are 10 days behind Image

Loved how Alex confessed at the end: their plan was to never get pregnant! Image

The consultants had no names?! Not willing to be introduced or go on the record?! Funny how no one said a word when Alex was looking for reassurance, someone to hype her up, say that this time it will work.... crickets ImageImageImage that’s what real doctors are like. Not like fukin Dr Quack, feathering Alex’s ego ImageImage

I took that never get pregnant quote as "despite everything we've tried, we never get pregnant" As in the past.
So, to me all those "miscarriages" weren't even miscarriages.
But, also in the vlog, she said to the embryologists all our losses.
So which is it?
sarcastickaye
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sarcastickaye » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:01 am

The way Alex talks in her voiceovers in the opening of these videos drives me nuts. It sounds so fake.

StreetTacosTalking
Talker
Talker

Post by StreetTacosTalking » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:24 am

Sorn wrote:
Mommy359 wrote:Thoughts!!! What are y’all thinking?! Is this one gonna take? I’m not sure.
She seemed really upbeat and excited in the IG story today. Guessing she already got a early positice. Otherwise shed not be posting at all. But if she's out of town how is she going to be monitored with bloodwork to check her hormone levels and ultrasounds like the previous "pregnancies"?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
She did seem upbeat. I think they pee tested days ago. And I think dr hatch did her bloodwork already and they’ve gotten those results back already too.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Phil and Alex when only a bio will do and the RV train wreck part 6

Post by Tiger27 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:36 am

sarcastickaye wrote:The way Alex talks in her voiceovers in the opening of these videos drives me nuts. It sounds so fake.

AGREED!

*in squeaky high pitchy crackly voice*

“Hi friends, we’re Phil and Alex and we’re finally hitting the road in our RV we just just spent 7 months renoing after transferring our perfect little male embryo! We’re gonna show you all the tips and tricks of living in a tiny space with two toddlers!”

“If you’re new here, we had 82 failed attempts at pregnancy and two perfect adoptions fall in our lap...we’re hitting the road in this RV to come live in your backyards, hear your stories, and encourage you with our highly questionable nonprofit, Love Multiplies!”

It’s nauseating to listen to. Also Alex, no one is new here. Your numbers and views are hardly growing. We’re tired of hearing you repeat the same shit over every vlog.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eab424 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:07 am

I can’t stand the voiceovers either. Alex sounds fake and how they constantly remind us of fertility and how their “going through hard times” is so off. Anyone notice how she was doing her short bus dance at the end of the latest vlog and spoke about never getting pregnant? Big deal. Pregnancy isn’t everything. Being a parent is. Both Phil and Alex need to realize this. I’ve noticed their newbies will watch them a while then get alienated over how Phil and Alex constantly bitch about IF treatments and yet they don’t seem to get that most people in the IF community wait years for what Phil and Alex have. 

The adoptions are both two blue moon adoptions. The fact is only 1% of babies conceived and are either unexpected or the parents cannot care for them actually are placed for adoption. There’s foster care, there’s a myth rolling around that there are lots of kiddos waiting there. And that’s a rabbit hole, some kids are not available because the bio parents parental rights are not terminated. Some are because their parents are in prison. 

And throughout their fertility clinic journey 100% of the time they’ve been parents. They aren’t inspiring, they aren’t giving hope they’re just jerks. The truth is they can only see their own hill to climb. They are so fake is laughable.

I’m in Tennessee too, I pray they go to Texas.
GigglyMint
Amateur
Amateur

Post by GigglyMint » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:16 am

So I just found them while searching IVF couples (I’ve had multiple rounds of IVF). A couple of questions:

How many times has she actually been pregnant?

Why did they start a new round of IVF if they had a healthy embryo from a previous cycle?
anneraingirl
Amateur
Amateur

Post by anneraingirl » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:50 am

GigglyMint wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:16 am
So I just found them while searching IVF couples (I’ve had multiple rounds of IVF). A couple of questions:

Why did they start a new round of IVF if they had a healthy embryo from a previous cycle?
I think she was actually pregnant once. I'm not sure if she was this last time almost a year ago or if it was all the hormones she was on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They didn't do genetic testing on the first batch so they decided to do another full round of IVF and have the last embryo from the first batch tested with all the new ones they got this time around.

Welcome!!
mg1978
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mg1978 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:13 pm

eab424 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:07 am
I can’t stand the voiceovers either. Alex sounds fake and how they constantly remind us of fertility and how their “going through hard times” is so off. Anyone notice how she was doing her short bus dance at the end of the latest vlog and spoke about never getting pregnant? Big deal. Pregnancy isn’t everything. Being a parent is. Both Phil and Alex need to realize this. I’ve noticed their newbies will watch them a while then get alienated over how Phil and Alex constantly bitch about IF treatments and yet they don’t seem to get that most people in the IF community wait years for what Phil and Alex have. 

The adoptions are both two blue moon adoptions. The fact is only 1% of babies conceived and are either unexpected or the parents cannot care for them actually are placed for adoption. There’s foster care, there’s a myth rolling around that there are lots of kiddos waiting there. And that’s a rabbit hole, some kids are not available because the bio parents parental rights are not terminated. Some are because their parents are in prison. 

And throughout their fertility clinic journey 100% of the time they’ve been parents. They aren’t inspiring, they aren’t giving hope they’re just jerks. The truth is they can only see their own hill to climb. They are so fake is laughable.

I’m in Tennessee too, I pray they go to Texas.
I totally agree with you, her voice changes when she's trying to preach about IVF (or anything health related for that matter) into her crackly voice that's so annoying to listen to.
The whole point of their channel is supposed to be about couples suffering with infertility, and they claimed repeatedly how they're open and honest about what they go thru in their journey but I don't find that to be true. Alex seems to pick and choose which info she repeats to us based on her emotions about her own situation and that's not always factual. If you came to their channel wanting to get the facts you will be disappointed and have to do your own research because she doesn't tell the whole story. I believe they transplanted the embryo from the last batch because it's hatching it's a 6CA and by the look on Phils face I believe it's a boy and the 4AA is a girl imo. Alex probably wanted 1 with the best chance but Phil wants a boy....
and this all goes on and gets talked about over and over in front of really impressionable young girls who listen to everything Alex says
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Amelia322 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:37 pm

They mention all of their losses and miscarriages etc. it sounds like a lot. How many times have they’ve actually tested positive for a pregnancy?

Klind55
Talker
Talker

Post by Klind55 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Amelia322 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:37 pm
They mention all of their losses and miscarriages etc. it sounds like a lot. How many times have they’ve actually tested positive for a pregnancy?

I believe only once her blood levels were over 25. So if that's the case then once. Under 5 is negative but 5-25 is a grey area where doctors can't call it a pregnancy yet.
GigglyMint
Amateur
Amateur

Post by GigglyMint » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:46 pm

anneraingirl wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:50 am
GigglyMint wrote:

I think she was actually pregnant once. I'm not sure if she was this last time almost a year ago or if it was all the hormones she was on. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

They didn't do genetic testing on the first batch so they decided to do another full round of IVF and have the last embryo from the first batch tested with all the new ones they got this time around.

Welcome!!
Thanks! There’s quite a few videos announcing a pregnancy and she mentioned losses in the most recent video but that match up with what I’d read here.
Scoobs212
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Scoobs212 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:07 pm

GigglyMint wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:46 pm
anneraingirl wrote:
GigglyMint wrote:

Welcome!!
Thanks! There’s quite a few videos announcing a pregnancy and she mentioned losses in the most recent video but that match up with what I’d read here.
Second transfer her beta came back at a 4 and dropped after that.
Next transfer was the miscarriage. It never developed past 5 weeks, but she kept the pregnancy going with the help of drugs and eventually miscarried several weeks later.
Next time they transferred 2 embryos. She got a very low beta which went up a little and then dropped again. Dr. Hatch has said that anything over a 2 is positive, so by that definition (which a lot of medical professionals disagree with), Alex has had 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 miscarriage.
GigglyMint
Amateur
Amateur

Post by GigglyMint » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:53 pm

Scoobs212 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:07 pm
GigglyMint wrote:
anneraingirl wrote:

Welcome!!
Next transfer was the miscarriage. It never developed past 5 weeks, but she kept the pregnancy going with the help of drugs and eventually miscarried several weeks later.
Next time they transferred 2 embryos. She got a very low beta which went up a little and then dropped again. Dr. Hatch has said that anything over a 2 is positive, so by that definition (which a lot of medical professionals disagree with), Alex has had 2 chemical pregnancies and 1 miscarriage.
Ah ok, thanks for that. Never heard a doctor calling over 2 a positive. 😳
Getaway_car13
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Getaway_car13 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:22 pm

They just tweeted that their bloodwork is tomorrow and that they will share the results in a few days after processing it as a family. I still think they’ve already done a home test. She’s been so positive and happy.

minera16
Informer
Informer

Post by minera16 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 pm

GigglyMint wrote:
Scoobs212 wrote:
GigglyMint wrote:
Ah ok, thanks for that. Never heard a doctor calling over 2 a positive. Image
I’ve also never heard of a doctor saying an at home pregnancy test is more accurate than a blood test. But yet her doctor has said both lol

vwjettagurl2002
Informer
Informer

Post by vwjettagurl2002 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi I’m new to following them. Phil’s voice is annoying and does he always speak over everyone? I’m trying to watch older vlogs. I’m just confused about why move into an RV when they want a really big family. I also noticed that they always talk about this in front of the kids. I get this strange feeling that having adopted kids will never be enough. What will happen if they never get their bio child? Will those kids suffer?

GigglyMint
Amateur
Amateur

Post by GigglyMint » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:49 pm

minera16 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:30 pm
GigglyMint wrote:
Scoobs212 wrote:

Ah ok, thanks for that. Never heard a doctor calling over 2 a positive. Image
I’ve also never heard of a doctor saying an at home pregnancy test is more accurate than a blood test. But yet her doctor has said both lol

Yikes. Must be a crappy lab if a home test is better.
FlowersTar 68
Informer
Informer

Post by FlowersTar 68 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:07 am

Jupiter wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:25 am
Beanmama wrote:
Scoobs212 wrote:Every time she talks about heading east, the Tennessean in me starts to cringe.
I like how she said “because thats the only place you can go from CA..”
Umm. There’s Oregon and Washington above you but pls don’t come here

I'm right above you in Kentucky. Pray they take a wrong turn at Albuquerque!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
I'm praying for you
StreetTacosTalking
Talker
Talker

Post by StreetTacosTalking » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:30 am

Getaway_car13 wrote:They just tweeted that their bloodwork is tomorrow and that they will share the results in a few days after processing it as a family. I still think they’ve already done a home test. She’s been so positive and happy.

Is it normal to wait until 11 days post transfer to do the first bloodwork?

gossipdottir
Talker
Talker

Post by gossipdottir » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:31 am

vwjettagurl2002 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:36 pm
Hi I’m new to following them. Phil’s voice is annoying and does he always speak over everyone? I’m trying to watch older vlogs. I’m just confused about why move into an RV when they want a really big family. I also noticed that they always talk about this in front of the kids. I get this strange feeling that having adopted kids will never be enough. What will happen if they never get their bio child? Will those kids suffer?

Dear, if you got all these from watching a couple of vlogs, you are on the right path and you came to the right place.
Goodgirl
Talker
Talker

Post by Goodgirl » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:03 am

StreetTacosTalking wrote:
Getaway_car13 wrote:They just tweeted that their bloodwork is tomorrow and that they will share the results in a few days after processing it as a family. I still think they’ve already done a home test. She’s been so positive and happy.

If her bloodwork is today, it’s 10 days past transfer (day one is the day after transfer. Transfer day is day 0). And yes, 10 days is the norm for testing.

Getaway_car13
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Getaway_car13 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:58 am

StreetTacosTalking wrote:

It really depends on the clinic and how old the embryo was at transfer! I had a 5 day old embryo and we did bloodwork at 10 days so yes. Some offices will do it at 7 days, some at 10. I think I’ve even heard of people having to wait 14 days (they call it the TWW, two week wait).

Sorn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sorn » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm

We will share the results later this week, which will probably end up being next week! Aka we want to try to drum up interest and drag out the drama.

She has barely posted anything this TWW and her excuse is that she is so anxious and doesn't know what to say. What an idiot. It's so sad her viewers fall for her lies and manipulation.

Klind55
Talker
Talker

Post by Klind55 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:11 pm

Sorn wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:51 pm
We will share the results later this week, which will probably end up being next week! Aka we want to try to drum up interest and drag out the drama.

She has barely posted anything this TWW and her excuse is that she is so anxious and doesn't know what to say. What an idiot. It's so sad her viewers fall for her lies and manipulation.

Yup, so much for videos only being a week behind as well. I mean she had the entire time sitting in the truck driving to throw some videos together. These people do nothing. How long before they are staying with someone else either in their home or on their property?

Return to “Phil and Alex”