Phil and Alex: No Pregnancy Glow, a Food Baby to Show, and Editing Slow | Part 7

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: No Pregnancy Glow, a Food Baby to Show, and Editing Slow | Part 7

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

Jupiter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:58 am Are they going to "The Farm" Midwife Practice that Joey Feek used when she had her little girl with Rory?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
No they were turned down by “the farm” but they tried
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Phil and Alex: No Pregnancy Glow, a Food Baby to Show, and Editing Slow | Part 7

Unread post by sondraK »

is there any way they can check the remaining genetically normal embryo for chd? thx
Barbiec323
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Barbiec323 »

I would still like to know whether they have medical insurance. This is going to wipe them out financially. The bills will be phenomenal if this baby is going to go through all of these medical surgeries and procedures. If they don’t have any insurance, good luck getting it. I personally think after the baby is born they should head back to ca and live near his parents. Take the baby to a hosp in California. Philip get a job.
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

I hope this leads them to not even think of implanting the embryo w Turner's Syndrome.I think they can have heart problems also,in addition to all the other problems
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Barbiec323 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:46 pm I would still like to know whether they have medical insurance. This is going to wipe them out financially. The bills will be phenomenal if this baby is going to go through all of these medical surgeries and procedures. If they don’t have any insurance, good luck getting it. I personally think after the baby is born they should head back to ca and live near his parents. Take the baby to a hosp in California. Philip get a job.
I believe they do. Probably an out of network plan through COBRA from Alex’s old job or they bought an Obamacare plan on the marketplace. Either way they would both be incredibly expensive and have minimal coverage (most likely). It’s ridiculous that Alex has the ability to work as an RN (even part time) and have a flexible job that would provide benefits and stability for her family. What a waste of a degree
SiriusFan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by SiriusFan »

Scoobs212 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:15 pm If something was wrong with miracle baby, I think we'd see a lot more of Alex wallowing in bed in a puddle of her own emotions.
I'm fully expecting something underwhelming and anticlimactic.
Wow; you called that one dead on.
saltybitters
Talker
Talker

Unread post by saltybitters »

sondraK wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:43 pm is there any way they can check the remaining genetically normal embryo for chd? thx
Probably not. The human genome is very long and we don't know what most of it codes for, so we don't have any way to test risk beyond large, easily identifiable issues (trisomy, downs, etc) or issues that have very strong and well-known genetic markers. Further, they would have to thaw the embryo, test it, refreeze it, and thaw it again for transfer. The embryo likely wouldn't survive it.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

saltybitters wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:11 pm
sondraK wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:43 pm is there any way they can check the remaining genetically normal embryo for chd? thx
Probably not. The human genome is very long and we don't know what most of it codes for, so we don't have any way to test risk beyond large, easily identifiable issues (trisomy, downs, etc) or issues that have very strong and well-known genetic markers. Further, they would have to thaw the embryo, test it, refreeze it, and thaw it again for transfer. The embryo likely wouldn't survive it.
Depending on how interested their doctors are, they will try and investigate a genetic syndrome between Phil and this little girl. You could then create an assay to test an embryo for it. It's incredibly expensive because it has to be developed specifically for that family.

They only have one other genetically normal embryo (not the Turner Syndrome one). It's a fully hatched, Day 6, 6CA grade. Probably wouldn't survive a thaw and re-freeze. This was the embryo from their first IVF cycle - it's already been thawed and frozen once before.
Doesn't mean this embryo has the same condition. So I reckon down the line they'll implant it. God help this little girl if this boy (which we all believe it is because they wanted to transfer this one first) is "normal". Alex will end up hating her miracle unicorn daughter. She'll be the defective daughter she never wanted.
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

IVFwarrior wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:43 pm
saltybitters wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:11 pm
Depending on how interested their doctors are, they will try and investigate a genetic syndrome between Phil and this little girl. You could then create an assay to test an embryo for it. It's incredibly expensive because it has to be developed specifically for that family.

They only have one other genetically normal embryo (not the Turner Syndrome one). It's a fully hatched, Day 6, 6CA grade. Probably wouldn't survive a thaw and re-freeze. This was the embryo from their first IVF cycle - it's already been thawed and frozen once before.
Doesn't mean this embryo has the same condition. So I reckon down the line they'll implant it. God help this little girl if this boy (which we all believe it is because they wanted to transfer this one first) is "normal". Alex will end up hating her miracle unicorn daughter. She'll be the defective daughter she never wanted.
Perhaps Phil could volunteer a sample of his and his dd's dna to be studied somewhere.There's bound to be a researcher who's interested.If it would help another family,it would be worth it
dtorngren20
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by dtorngren20 »

Phil said that this little girl is lucky because she a nurse for a mom and a pastor for a dad. MY thought at that moment was, these two should've put those thoughts into practice while trying so DESPERATELY to get pregnant. How selfish! Perhaps God was sparing them from THIS! Obviously something wasn't, isn't normal for them to have biological children. NOW look! I knew something would turn bad. WHY live in an RV?! Why aren't those older kids in preschool? Good grief! I"m sure their family isn't happy about this.

So sad that Alex SOOOOOOO wanted a pregnancy. Well, she got more than she bargained for!

AND! where is she comparing herself, an ADULT to a newborn with high blood sugar?! What planet did she study nursing on?! I really wish youtube would shut them down! They are embarrassing and irresponsible.
NowAndThen87
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NowAndThen87 »

I still am having so many issues with the “Death of a Dream” and “OUR WORST FEAR” labels.

Here are some real examples of WORST FEARS:
-Stillbirth
-Finding out your baby has a disease incompatible with life and having to decide to terminate
-SIDS

That’s just a very small list I can think of now. Yes a heart condition is awful, thinking of a tiny baby going through such intense surgery is sad. But they will have weeks to prepare, the surgeons will have time and a game plan. The odds of this child surviving and living a total and normal life are huge. This isn’t a worst fear, this is a sad but completely manageable problem that this child will probably never even realize she had. Medicine is so far beyond what it was when Phil was a child and he even survived.

As far as death of a dream? Give me a break. So you can’t have the perfect Mother Earth delivery of your dreams. Plenty of women don’t and they all are fine. A safe delivery should be the only thing that matters- not how you get there.

And her whining on social media that people are critiquing their grief- well here’s an idea- don’t air it. There are probably 1000 followers of theirs who have been through things unimaginable and are probably seeing through their dramatics. Suck it up. You put this up. You video taped it, you edited it, you uploaded it. You chose this and with that comes people who aren’t going to minister to your every emotion.

Also get some damn medical attention for your daughters hips. Let’s see some arm flailing, fake tears, throw yourself on a coffin dramatics for one of the two kids who aren’t safe in your blessed womb right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Imsorrybut
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Imsorrybut »

I agree with above poster. To call it the worst news or worst day of their lives and a death of a dream is all too much.
Yes, it's absolutely gut wrenching. And thinking of taking care of a NICU baby when you have other kids AND when there is a global pandemic is overhwhelming. But there baby is still alive and she has a good fighting chance to be okay.
Also, did she drive anyone else crazy when she kept talking and not drinking her glucose drink? I was like GIRL YOU ONLY HAVE 5 MINUTES TO DRINK IT STOP TALKING AND CRYING.
also, thinking of that drink makes me shudder lol. I can still taste it, even 3 years since I have had to do the test.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Kjlm208
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kjlm208 »

I'm surprised no one has said or yet...... Isn't it a "miracle' that comments are back in the heart issue vlogs. Dummy, comments turned off means you did it not YouTube. She just wants all the love and attention. Eye roll sometime hand me a puke bucket please ..
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

Is anyone else worried about rottiemama?

Is she locked down somewhere without internet access? I hope that's the only reason all these threads are running well over 40 pages....
peony2528
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by peony2528 »

Kjlm208 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:09 pm I'm surprised no one has said or yet...... Isn't it a "miracle' that comments are back in the heart issue vlogs. Dummy, comments turned off means you did it not YouTube. She just wants all the love and attention. Eye roll sometime hand me a puke bucket please ..
I think actually that Youtube turned off comments for any channels that featured kids for a few months now.
Tangie77
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tangie77 »

The last two vlogs made me uncomfortable, Alex is extremely selfish. She wanted this so bad despite all the hurdles and then she's upset when things aren't ideal. its not ideal for you to have a bio child but you keep pushing it! i feel the heart condition is the better than all the other things that could have gone wrong.

I truly believe Phil (annoying as it is) has a pure optimistic heart. Alex blames him and is resentful for killing her "dream"
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

IVFwarrior wrote:Is anyone else worried about rottiemama?

Is she locked down somewhere without internet access? I hope that's the only reason all these threads are running well over 40 pages....
ImageImageImage

Aww I love you guys, SO MUCH!!

I’m so sorry for the delay! The site had been running so slow recently and last week I kept getting an error about the site not being “secured.” Weird!

I typically don’t follow this thread (tho maybe I should Image) but if we ever get close to 980 posts (or def if we go over 1,000) message me or report a random comment bc I usually get those notifications immediately.

Here’s the new thread! I forgot that I had already asked you for title suggestions so I’ll go back and find the most popular! Image

Phil and Alex | Part 8
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

She’s so awful. Blaming it on Fill. She’s disgusting. You don’t see him blaming your uterus for not being able to get pregnant. Poor Fill.

Seriously how can she say worst news our lives like something tragic hapoened to the baby. Shit happens all the time, she’s lucky the baby wasn’t an incompatible with life baby...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Phil and Alex”