Phil and Alex: Jesus #2, Cassidy Drew, was prophesied (unlike the other two). | Part 9

sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: Jesus #2, Cassidy Drew, was prophesied (unlike the other two).

Unread post by sondraK »

Didn't Alex place a feeding tube in a nicu baby,against the desires of the mother,who wanted to try the breast or a bottle first? But if Alex didn't want that for her baby,I'm sure that'd be ok to her
Last edited by sondraK on Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Phil and Alex: Jesus #2, Cassidy Drew, was prophesied (unlike the other two).

Unread post by GGF1987 »

So now they were supposedly trying to give her bottles with breastmilk and formula and she wouldn't take them but they are in the hospital for 24 hours and she taking them....I'm not buying what she's selling. She has been completely obsessed with breastfeeding and is in complete denial how sick her child is. I hope they keep her there until surgery because she won't continue to give her the formula or pump once they go home.
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

I’m genuinely surprised she hasn’t been admitted into the nicu yet. I really wish the hospital followed Alex on social media and saw how anti formula she is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Potatopotato
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Potatopotato »

Her story doesn’t line up. In insta story she says she’s going from pumping once a day only to now doing it all day. But then in new insta post she said that she was trying to give Cassidy 3 fortified bottles a day.... which would mean pumping at least 3 times a day so she’s not engorged/lose supply/to fill bottle right? Sounds like she was only trying to appease them with one bottle a day, barely trying, and giving up even though they obviously recommended 3.
Potatopotato
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Potatopotato »

Her story doesn’t line up. In insta story she says she’s going from pumping once a day only to now doing it all day. But then in new insta post she said that she was trying to give Cassidy 3 fortified bottles a day.... which would mean pumping at least 3 times a day so she’s not engorged/lose supply/to fill bottle right? Sounds like she was only trying to appease them with one bottle a day, barely trying, and giving up even though they obviously recommended 3.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I don't understand how mothers can be so "anti-formula" that they watch their babies either away while desperately clinging to breastfeeding. I had a friend who refused store bought formula for 6 months and made her own "healthy" formula. The baby still weighed 10 lbs at 6 months old and could barely raise his head. The pediatrician eventually got through to her and they got him up to weight.

Alex needs to be given a psychological exam and I hope they keep Cassidy long enough to ensure her mother is actually going to put her needs first.

It's like birth and breastfeeding were her only goals as a mother.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JeasicaA71184
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JeasicaA71184 »

Am I the only one who thinks she did all this on purpose? To gain followers and sympathy? Let’s be real. Having a sick child in the hospital garnishes followers, viewers and more people tend to gravitate to watch. I notice she started following A few heart moms on Instagram.

Maybe that’s terrible to say but these 2 are in this for the money, views, attention, fame and now she has her blessed bio child she’s been yearning for for years. What more could she possibly do to get attention? A sick child

I pray that isn’t true but there’s another YouTube mom who did do this and sadly her fame blew up
RiverRose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RiverRose »

JeasicaA71184 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:51 pm Am I the only one who thinks she did all this on purpose? To gain followers and sympathy? Let’s be real. Having a sick child in the hospital garnishes followers, viewers and more people tend to gravitate to watch. I notice she started following A few heart moms on Instagram.

Maybe that’s terrible to say but these 2 are in this for the money, views, attention, fame and now she has her blessed bio child she’s been yearning for for years. What more could she possibly do to get attention? A sick child

I pray that isn’t true but there’s another YouTube mom who did do this and sadly her fame blew up
Who?
ChickyChickyParmParm
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ChickyChickyParmParm »

Here we go with the complaints about sleep again. Despite being isolated in a hospital room where her only responsibilities are to eat, nap and pump, poor Alex can't find the energy to walk to the cafeteria.
Does she realize other mothers care for their newborns while also doing housework, caring for their other children, or working full-time jobs?
She's the perfect candidate for that NASA study where they pay you to stay in bed for 2 months.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

Gross one eyed Willy alert! Every time she closed her eyes, ol’ righty got stuck. WTF is that all about???

Aside from the lies and inconsistencies in her Instagram, she just made *4* stories about how tired and hungry she is. Well, now maybe you know how your poor daughter has been feeling for 5 weeks, you selfish woman.

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

Haulnarse wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:42 pm
IVFwarrior wrote:
sondraK wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:47 pm I'm guessing Alex thought C could come home w an NG tube,but she's obv. wayyy too sick for that :(
I'm glad the hosp. is keeping her.P n A have shown they can't keep up w her needs.If they keep her till surg.,that'll be great,imo,although P n esp. A will be ticked!

It's normal to not just jump straight to NG tube. They'll check first whether Alex is producing a normal volume of milk, which I'm sure she is. It was a frequency issue - she was only feeding Cassidy probably 6 times a day instead of 8-10 bc she wanted her beauty sleep. The big question will be whether this will fix things entirely, or whether she ALSO needs supplementation because of excessive calorie usage from her CHD.

The problem with this approach is that it's SLOW. It will take days and days to potentially work out that she still needs supplementation. Alex is so anti-formula that she might have refused to get that desperately needed boost of energy in super fast right from the beginning.
Im sorry but it would be normal here to do a ng tube first. This baby has been starved and is failing to thrive. She needs to be fed. While she has an ng tube placed THEN alex would have to prove her supply. They would run through what she has been doing and why its not working, im surprised they have asked her to keep an input/output journal. Or weighing her at home before and after each feed.

The needs of the baby come before the irrational needs of her psychotic self-centred mother.

I was responding to another post which suggested that the baby should have had an NG inserted and sent home, problem solved.

Of course the baby needed instant energy, that's why I pointed out that Alex's anti-formula philosophy has probably left them with a slow, step-up strategy that continues to harm Cassidy.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

IVFwarrior wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:36 pm
IVFwarrior wrote:

It's normal to not just jump straight to NG tube. They'll check first whether Alex is producing a normal volume of milk, which I'm sure she is. It was a frequency issue - she was only feeding Cassidy probably 6 times a day instead of 8-10 bc she wanted her beauty sleep. The big question will be whether this will fix things entirely, or whether she ALSO needs supplementation because of excessive calorie usage from her CHD.

The problem with this approach is that it's SLOW. It will take days and days to potentially work out that she still needs supplementation. Alex is so anti-formula that she might have refused to get that desperately needed boost of energy in super fast right from the beginning.
Im sorry but it would be normal here to do a ng tube first. This baby has been starved and is failing to thrive. She needs to be fed. While she has an ng tube placed THEN alex would have to prove her supply. They would run through what she has been doing and why its not working, im surprised they have asked her to keep an input/output journal. Or weighing her at home before and after each feed.

The needs of the baby come before the irrational needs of her psychotic self-centred mother.

I was responding to another post which suggested that the baby should have had an NG inserted and sent home, problem solved.

Of course the baby needed instant energy, that's why I pointed out that Alex's anti-formula philosophy has probably left them with a slow, step-up strategy that continues to harm Cassidy.
If a baby can also coordinate the whole suck, swallow, breathe thing, and is accepting a bottle, and is taking the required volume at the required frequency, then they're not going to jam a permanent NG tube in her from the get-go. They'll just wake her up every 2 hours to feed her a high calorie formula. They might have also given her a one-off gavage feed to give her an energy boost if she was lethargic when she came in. It might have been enough to get her feeding again.

Amazing how none of us are surprised that Alex starved her baby. So predictable.
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

IVFwarrior wrote:

Oh no,That's not what I said at all!

Alex was complaining about being in the hospital,possibly long term,and I said SHE prob. thought they could just give the baby an NG tube and send her home
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

Elliecat wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 pm Gross one eyed Willy alert! Every time she closed her eyes, ol’ righty got stuck. WTF is that all about???

Idk,maybe it's like Pinochio's nose when he lies,lol
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

NG tube - nasal gastric - can be inserted and removed with ease. Temporary.

G-tube - gastronomy tube - with a length of tube on outside of body- requires surgery to insert and remove. Semi permanent.

Mic-key button - gastronomy tube - with the button on the outside - requires surgery to insert and remove. Semi permanent.

Unfortunately having had a family member have all three, I am very familiar with the process.

A NG tube would provide Cassidy with the added nutrition she requires to grow and breastfeed without any energy output. I dont see how that is a negative thing??
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

The only issue we found with the NG tube when our newborn son had one, was that he struggled to latch on. Once they removed the tube, he was able to start to breastfeed. However, where the baby needs instant nutrition, an NG tube is an excellent temporary device.

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

sondraK wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:39 am

Alex was complaining about being in the hospital,possibly long term,and I said SHE prob. thought they could just give the baby an NG tube and send her home
Sorry! I worded that badly! I didn't mean you thought that, I meant to say I was referencing something you wrote about Alex! :D
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

IVFwarrior wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:41 am
sondraK wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:39 am

Sorry! I worded that badly! I didn't mean you thought that, I meant to say I was referencing something you wrote about Alex! :D
Ok,got it.N/p :)
JeasicaA71184
Informer
Informer

Unread post by JeasicaA71184 »

RiverRose wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:57 pm
JeasicaA71184 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:51 pm Am I the only one who thinks she did all this on purpose? To gain followers and sympathy? Let’s be real. Having a sick child in the hospital garnishes followers, viewers and more people tend to gravitate to watch. I notice she started following A few heart moms on Instagram.

Who?
Brittany boren leach chronicled every second of when her son was found unresponsive. Then gained almost a million followers. Every second of the incident up until now has been calculated
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Elliecat wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 pm Aside from the lies and inconsistencies in her Instagram, she just made *4* stories about how tired and hungry she is. Well, now maybe you know how your poor daughter has been feeling for 5 weeks, you selfish woman.

This is so accurate. I agree with previous posters, I suppose Alex is a former NICU nurse who didn't know how to give her baby a bottle? She claims her baby "hated" it, but meraculously takes to it just fine in the hospital, where she was admitted because Alex essentially refuses to give her anything but breast milk and laxative oil. She is a narcissistic mess who is desperately clinging to a breast feeding experience that is not going to happen.

My God, what is so horrible about exclusively pumping and fortifying that milk with a high calorie formula? At least until she's gaining weight? She'll be getting the benefits of the breast milk and the added calories she needs. Oh wait, but Alex won't get her crunchy hippy dippy earth mama breastfeeding experience. And that's clearly what this stubbornness is all about.

I've been breastfeeding for 10 months and while there were tough moments in the beginning, I get that it's a wonderful bonding experience. For me personally it's amazing, and I would be disappointed if I couldn't have that experience with my second. It's also way easier than pumping, which I also did when I briefly worked in an office before this pandemic. But you do what you have to do to make sure baby is thriving and getting the nutrients they need. I was completely comfortable giving my daughter formula for her first few days of life due to low blood sugar. The last thing I wanted was for her to struggle or end up in the NICU. The nurse practitioner at the hospital I delivered at said that it was medicine she needed and I completely agree. She was also a fantastic lactation consultant that helped me learn to breastfeed. Formula exists for a reason and it's an important option.

Alex's militant breastfeeding stance makes her look even more unhinged and self-centered. And the ironic thing is that not only is she harming her daughter, she is sabatoging herself and her experience. She's either too stubborn to realize this, or she's actually sick enough to enjoy the attention and the dramatics. I hope for her children's sakes that she isn't that evil and she'll eventually swollow her pride and supress her narcissism long enough to do what's best for her baby.

Return to “Phil and Alex”