Name loves/loathes

southernmama2014
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Name loves/loathes

Unread post by southernmama2014 »

My sons name is Brantley. If he was a girl it probably would have been Ella or Charlotte
nolagirlsami
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nolagirlsami »

Yay baby names thread! My son's name is Brandon but if he was a girl the name would have been Brooklyn. I still love that name but my top picks for girls are Scarlett, Ava & Olivia. My boy names top picks are Noah, Micah & Lucas.
shortyh
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by shortyh »

I love the name talia. For a boy I love Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mommyblue
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mommyblue »

My sons name is Owen and I constantly get compliments on it!
a_is_for
Informer
Informer

Unread post by a_is_for »

I hate when you get so attached and fall in love with a name, and then you meet a total douchebag with that name, and it totally spoils it for you..
nolagirlsami
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nolagirlsami »

a_is_for wrote:I hate when you get so attached and fall in love with a name, and then you meet a total douchebag with that name, and it totally spoils it for you..
Or anyone in general with the name. My husband and I loved the name Natalie. Then we met this girl named Natalie who was so annoying and she used to stalk us in public. So it ruined the name for us.
slm387
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by slm387 »

Don't have any kids yet but the girl name is picked out - Ayla (pronounced Isla) Beatrice. For a boy I like -an ending names, so Nathan, Adrian, Julian, etc. Whichever gets chosen the middle name will be Alexander after my brother. I also love Owen Gregory (middle name after my dad). And there's one weird boy name I love : Finchley
drunkunicorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by drunkunicorn »

Thought I'd post this here instead if in the Gabeandjesss thread, but we were just talking about how annoying it is when people spell normal names in a unique way just for the hell of it, and I had mentioned that one of my favorite names was Killian.
My friends sister had a baby yesterday and named it Kyliann. Thought that was a major coincidence haha.
drunkunicorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also while I'm here I may as well get my favourite names out of my system:

Boys:
Tiernan, Killian, Oisín, Seán, Pearse, Donal
(Pronounced Teer-nan, Kill-ee-ann, Osh-een, Shawn, Pierce and Doh-nal)

Girls:
Saoirse, Siobhán, Clodagh, Aofie, Caoimhe, Roisin, Tara and Éimear
(Pronounced Seer-sha, Shiv-on, Clo-da, Eef-ah, Keev-ah, Rosh-een, Tara and Eem-err)

More englishy/american names that I love but personally wouldn't use are:
Jacob, Ryan, Amelia, Mia and Grace :)
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

drunkunicorn wrote:Thought I'd post this here instead if in the Gabeandjesss thread, but we were just talking about how annoying it is when people spell normal names in a unique way just for the hell of it, and I had mentioned that one of my favorite names was Killian.
My friends sister had a baby yesterday and named it Kyliann. Thought that was a major coincidence haha.
I would pronounce that kylee-ann. Boy or girl. If boy, I'm so sorry for that child.
thewordalive
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by thewordalive »

For girls I really don't like many girls names in terms of what I would name my kids.
I like the name Alexis or Alexa but idk if I could see one of my daughters as an Alexis. This was one is gonna be a weird unique name but I love the name brinley. Its such an odd name and Idk if I could name my kid that

As for boys
I LOVE the name Dakota
And I can't think of any other boys names right now.

Hate
Paxton
Peyton
Kyla
Kadence

I could go on

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
drunkunicorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

angelfire89 wrote:
drunkunicorn wrote:Thought I'd post this here instead if in the Gabeandjesss thread, but we were just talking about how annoying it is when people spell normal names in a unique way just for the hell of it, and I had mentioned that one of my favorite names was Killian.
I would pronounce that kylee-ann. Boy or girl. If boy, I'm so sorry for that child.
That's what I said! The ky makes it look more of a "Kai" sound than a "Kih" if you get me. It's a little boy, poor child.
And his middle name is Mason, which I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't know for a fact that she named it after Mason Disick because she's obsessed with the Kardashians lol
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I wanted a son named Lucas or Andrew down the line...well my friend took Lucas (not knowing I liked the name of course lol) and my hubby's ex-best friend who royally screwed him over (in many ways) is named Andrew, so both of those are out for me :lol:

Our next son (if we have another son) will be William, and we haven't decided a daughter's name yet. Waiting on #1 AKA Jacob to be born and have a year or two to himself first. :)
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
HazelnutSoup
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by HazelnutSoup »

I've recently become obsessed with the name Stella, if we were to ever have another girl.

And you know, I was thinking about it and I really can't think of any names that I hate. It irritates me to see weirdly spelled names, but I honestly don't hate them lol. I guess maybe it's because I know some of my favorite names are generally disliked, so I don't want to crap on someone else's name choice. :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

I like pretty much all "classic" boy names. Girl names, I like pretty much all of them too (except overly crazy ones like discussed in Jess' thread). But 2 shows that I watch/watched I got 2 girl names that I LOVE. I got Perry from The Lottery and Carter from Finding Carter. I love both those names for girls and would definitely use them in the future.
MommyToASweetie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by MommyToASweetie »

I currently have a Clara Juliette! She's two and I definitely don't plan on having anymore kids anytime soon, but hopefully in 5 years or so I'll reconsider! (I am starting law school in the fall, so I want to be done and start my career!)
Now for a girl I know my fiancé and I both LOVE the name Elle, but I really don't know what to use as a full name, I was thinking Annabelle or Eliana, but I'd love to hear other suggestions!
For a boy we're pretty much set on William Ronan or Ronan William, it's what Clara would have been named if she were a boy!

Current top 5 for each gender are-
Girls: Annabelle, Aria, Mila, Grace, and Hanna.
Boys: Ronan, William, Easton, Hudson, and Gavin.

Currently I'm loving Eloise for a girl, but don't know if it's too out there or old fashioned. Thoughts?
#FreeBen #FreeGlen
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

One of my cats is named Ronin. :)
CamilaCabello
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CamilaCabello »

I love Eloise so much! It's such a nice spin for the nickname Elle too!
drunkunicorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Clara Juliette is the most gorgeous girl name I've heard in such a long time, I love it!
KirstyBash14
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KirstyBash14 »

slm387 wrote:Don't have any kids yet but the girl name is picked out - Ayla (pronounced Isla) Beatrice. For a boy I like -an ending names, so Nathan, Adrian, Julian, etc. Whichever gets chosen the middle name will be Alexander after my brother. I also love Owen Gregory (middle name after my dad). And there's one weird boy name I love : Finchley
My boys are Owen and Alexander :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”