Deep/Dark Web

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Deep/Dark Web

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

Hey there!
Have any of you guys been on the deep/dark web?? I am so fascinated by it, but never been because I'm too scared lol. I would love to read any stories if any of you guys have some! :)
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Deep/Dark Web

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

I don't have any, I never want to have any, the deep web scares me shitless.
But I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting stories here: https://www.reddit.com/r/deepweb
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

funckyerdoder wrote:I don't have any, I never want to have any, the deep web scares me shitless.
But I'm sure you'll find lots of interesting stories here: https://www.reddit.com/r/deepweb
Thanks!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

Wish I would have never went to that link. I had no idea what happened in the Hostel movies really happens.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I am way too afraid to check it out, too!
funckyerdoder
Talker
Talker

Unread post by funckyerdoder »

mommaof2cuties wrote:Wish I would have never went to that link. I had no idea what happened in the Hostel movies really happens.
I had never heard about deep web until I've met my programmer boyfriend a couple of years ago.
It is truly terrifying how much human trafficking there is. But I always think that knowledge is power, and bringing awareness to this issues might help in getting politics to do something about it.
In other words: Tell your friends and family about deep web and what's going on there ;)
applebutter_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by applebutter_dreams »

The deep web is not a place that you want to go.
In the end, we're all just dreams...
:love2:
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

My boyfriend is convinced that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I think it seems so terrible and scary. Wouldn't it be risky to buy from people? Like, imagine what all these super smart, stealthy people could do with your info.

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I watch a guy on YT that does DeepWeb exploring. it is really creepy, sometimes you'll run into unexplainable videos, how-to's on eating a human body, or just harmless cooking recipes lol.

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kaylnoel wrote:My boyfriend is convinced that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. I think it seems so terrible and scary. Wouldn't it be risky to buy from people? Like, imagine what all these super smart, stealthy people could do with your info.

Most of the stuff they sell on there is stolen & they try selling it to you almost the same price as a brand new one lol.

rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Eh, I browse the "deep web" on occasion. As long as you use a TOF browser you're fine. Just don't be an idiot and download links.
The "dark web" has become a place with tons of hipsters saying its "the only place where privacy exists anymore!!!" So it's not that bad.
It's scary to think that what we all think of the Internet is really only 10% and the dark web is the other 90%. It's like the ocean, it freaks me out how much we don't know lol.
But yeah, lots and lots of human trafficking. Disgusting amount.
It's also a place where you can get two pounds of cocaine for 35$
It's a wild place. But it also scares me in theory. When I actually do browse it isn't bad at all. I would be more scared to post or do anything on the deep web, but browsing is a nice social experiment

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

rodgerdodger wrote:Eh, I browse the "deep web" on occasion. As long as you use a TOF browser you're fine. Just don't be an idiot and download links.
The "dark web" has become a place with tons of hipsters saying its "the only place where privacy exists anymore!!!" So it's not that bad.
It's scary to think that what we all think of the Internet is really only 10% and the dark web is the other 90%. It's like the ocean, it freaks me out how much we don't know lol.
But yeah, lots and lots of human trafficking. Disgusting amount.
It's also a place where you can get two pounds of cocaine for 35$
It's a wild place. But it also scares me in theory. When I actually do browse it isn't bad at all. I would be more scared to post or do anything on the deep web, but browsing is a nice social experiment

have you came across any super weird or creepy sites?
HelloHolaHallo

Unread post by HelloHolaHallo »

I only knew about the dark web about a year ago. My husband and I were watching a documentary and it was randomly brought up. I'm someone that gets so easily scared/obsessed I'll google stuff for weeks. I want to click on the Reddit link but I'm scared!
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

Well I feel dumb because I have never heard of this before lol

Sent from my Samsung s5 using Tapatalk
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloHolaHallo wrote:I only knew about the dark web about a year ago. My husband and I were watching a documentary and it was randomly brought up. I'm someone that gets so easily scared/obsessed I'll google stuff for weeks. I want to click on the Reddit link but I'm scared!
Same here! But honestly idk how to use Reddit lol it all looks confusing to me, I feel dumb ImageImage

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

funckyerdoder wrote:
mommaof2cuties wrote:Wish I would have never went to that link. I had no idea what happened in the Hostel movies really happens.
I had never heard about deep web until I've met my programmer boyfriend a couple of years ago.
It is truly terrifying how much human trafficking there is. But I always think that knowledge is power, and bringing awareness to this issues might help in getting politics to do something about it.
In other words: Tell your friends and family about deep web and what's going on there ;)[/quote

Same! He goes on about it all the time

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Nice topic.
Just found this post that explains a bit more http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/inter ... e-3593569/

The idea is that there are lots of unindexed websites (aka you can't find them on Google) so you need very specific addresses to get to them.
To access them you need to use Tor browser. However, you can use Tor just for having a secure connection and not be tracked by Google and Chrome.

Tor is a service that helps you to protect your anonymity while using the Internet. Tor is comprised of two parts: software you can download that allows you to use the Internet anonymously, and the volunteer network of computers that makes it possible for that software to work. So Tor is not a bad thing if you want to get away from big corporations from tracking you, but it can also be used for bad things aka dark web.

Furthermore, I recommend having a VPN http://lifehacker.com/5935863/five-best ... -providers, basically have your request transmitted through more computers, so that you will keep your anonymity while browsing + encryption. Most importantly do NOT use public wireless, easy to be hacked, either use a VPN that encrypts your data either refrain from using it.
Read this story on how a journalist was hacked on an airplane because he was using public wifi without extra protection: http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/colu ... /80844720/
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

If there's so much bad stuff such as human trafficking on the dark web, why aren't the FBI etc on top of it? They have IT/computer programmers at their disposal for these sorts of crimes. Or am I missing something?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Not everything is as easy as it seems.
They of course are working and closing a lot of them but there are still plenty and difficult to do.

Same with computer viruses. You would think Microsoft etc would have money and people to make a perfect software but it's not a trivial problem and there are lots of smart people working on making viruses.

Return to “Offtopic Miscellaneous”