Brittani Boren Leach

BrooklynLife
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brittani Boren Leach

Unread post by BrooklynLife »

kalakala wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:52 am Google suggests a air ambulance ride alone is 30k+

That’s not including 4 days on life support and MRI/CT scan plus cooling mats.

Plus lost income as they won’t be working anytime soon

Plus funeral costs

Therapy for the whole family
Yas, however keep in mind that they live in Texas, one of the cheapest places to live where income tax is low and homes are also cheap. So Google suggesting 30k plus for the airlift which wasn't even out of state) isn't going to cost as much as say air lifting someone from new york city to Utah.

Additionally, they do have a passive income (youtube), so they continuously make money from that, even when not necessarily working.

I definitely feel for them, this must be extremely difficult to handle. I hope that her sons funeral isn't going to be used as a commodity to sell her channel though. i know is hard for some to fathom how parents can do that...but the cold truth is that it does happen.

i guess my concern just stems from wanting to protect the folks who really, really care for Brittani but also end up sort of being taken advantage of in that they invest a ton of money, emotion, efforts, time, into Brittanis situation.

Again, terrible tragedy, but we cant forget that corruption and greed does exist so it's important to pay attention to things like the neverending increases in her GFM, asking people to subscribe and watch her vids, directing them where to send gifts, etc.

The brain and the heart can have differing opinions (hence the lover who goes back to their abusive spouse; they love them but its illogical to be with them)

I know my opinions here may seem cold, but my brain says that this is getting really opportunistic. The way Brittani (her mom, her husband, whomever is managing her social media) and how they are handling the death. it went went from "please pray for us" to "follow my vids and watch them all, send gifts here, i need 100k".

My heart says that i wish Crew just never stopped breathing in the first place. i wish this was just a nightmare that she'd wake up from and he would be okay.

idk, my utmost hope is that any extra money goes to extra families who dont have a following whos babies are dying right now but could be saved.
-Sometimes having an unpopular opinion is better than having no opinion at all-
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

I think a lot of the GFM will be used for their expenses and time off work. Someone said Jeff was only doing part time coaching? And Brittani isn't going to want to do videos. Funerals are not cheap either, our funeral home did have a special discount that is paid for by donations through other funerals but they all don't offer that. Insurance will cover a lot of the medical, but you forget about high deductibles (she's self employed so its probably private insurance). She's not the one upping the GFM, her ex is the one that started it. Im sure the last thing on her mind right is telling him to up the goal. I thought the address was posted because people were asking where to send stuff.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Alittlechaos1 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:55 am They’re donating his organs i am so sad for them to have to go through this loss.
Donating his organs is a truly selfless act. I know it seems like an obvious choice to donate a loved one's organs, but think about how anguishing it must be to know that your tiny baby's body is going to be cut open and taken apart and you'll never see them whole again. I hope they find peace in the fact that other children will benefit from this deed.
Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

They’re selflessly donating their dying sons organs yet are being told they’re greedy for a gofundme that Brit or Jeff didn’t even create in the first place. That’s disgusting. Do you people who are saying this realize their decision will save other babies lives so other parents don’t have to go through the same headache as they are? Selfish is the last thing they are. And yes, without insurance they will easily have over $100k + medical bills. Even with insurance it will be thousands of dollars in medical bills. Jeff didn’t break his finger - he lost his son!!! If this go fund me can grant them as much time off work as he needs to get better so he (and Britt) can continue to be the best parents they can be to their other children, then so be it.
Backyard Chicken
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Backyard Chicken »

NotAnotherUserName wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:17 am And has it ever occurred to some of you that they might not keep some of the excess money for themselves? They may feel called to donate it in some form, or do something for the hospital they are at, or create a scholarship fund or something in Crew’s memory. And why do you even care so much? Even if they raise a million dollars I can guarantee you they’d rather have their baby back over any amount of money.

Exactly. No amount of money matters. I’d sell my soul to the devil or trade places with my child if I could. Anything. Anything other than this hell. I’ve never been through it as a parent but my brother and sister in law have. It’s pure hell. The day I had to say goodbye I walked out of the hospital and threw up all over the sidewalk. The pain is unbearable. Every Aunt, Uncle , cousin , friend... watching my parents mourn :( . I don’t know how we got through it. We did. But the pain never really goes away. My children don’t understand why and they look to me. And I don’t have answers. All I know is no one will ever be the same and no amount of money will change that.
BrooklynLife
Amateur
Amateur

Adhbrh91 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:30 am They’re selflessly donating their dying sons organs yet are being told they’re greedy for a gofundme that Brit or Jeff didn’t even create in the first place. That’s disgusting. Do you people who are saying this realize their decision will save other babies lives so other parents don’t have to go through the same headache as they are? Selfish is the last thing they are. And yes, without insurance they will easily have over $100k + medical bills. Even with insurance it will be thousands of dollars in medical bills. Jeff didn’t break his finger - he lost his son!!! If this go fund me can grant them as much time off work as he needs to get better so he (and Britt) can continue to be the best parents they can be to their other children, then so be it.
I 100% agree with you that donating the organs is extremely graceful and giving, and also must be excruciating to have to decide that.

I respectfully disagree about your sentiments on the GFM that Brittani's mother had set up (so it's highly likely that Brittani may have some involvement; but that doesnt really matter) -- It's shameful that they keep upping the amount, esp after they already know theyve lost their son and will not be expecting any 'random' fees at this point. It they were going to choose to keep him on life support hoping for a recovery over time, then i would understand the need for ongoing increases in GFM, but they are increasing knowing that their son is already not going to survive.

I think its best to help most than to help one. The money donations going to Jeff and Brittani to take time off (they aren't exactly heart surgeons here, its a coach and a youtuber) could also be used for other babies to live. How many other babies (or human beings for that matter, not just babies) are suffering and need help. Brittani is already in a pretty advantageous spot for the cards shes been dealt, she has a huge following, even larger now, she has a large family that is supportive, she lives in Texas where healthcare is exceptional, she lives in a first world country that even has access to health care in the first place.

I'm not trying to minimize their situation, i am hoping more so to broaden the lens we are viewing this travesty through. Other people are suffering and if crew is already going to go, then maybe Brittani can step aside for the next heartbroken mother in line begging for her sweet babies life. This may sound cold, but imagine being in the shoes of the poor mother who doesn't have a huge following, nor a huge family like Brittani does.

I'd rather see Jeff and Brittani lean on their family for the extra time off work rather than someone else's child's GFM get no attention because everyone was so focused on the askings of the Leach family.
LonelyTown
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LonelyTown »

I keep trying to comment but the site is having issues.

I can assure you that they’d rather have their child back than have money. Goodness, you know she’s not even the one controlling the GFM right? I’m sure she hasn’t left that bed where she’s laying next to her baby.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

This breaks my heart.
NotAnotherUserName
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotAnotherUserName »

Backyard Chicken wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:33 am
NotAnotherUserName wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:17 am And has it ever occurred to some of you that they might not keep some of the excess money for themselves? They may feel called to donate it in some form, or do something for the hospital they are at, or create a scholarship fund or something in Crew’s memory. And why do you even care so much? Even if they raise a million dollars I can guarantee you they’d rather have their baby back over any amount of money.

Exactly. No amount of money matters. I’d sell my soul to the devil or trade places with my child if I could. Anything. Anything other than this hell. I’ve never been through it as a parent but my brother and sister in law have. It’s pure hell. The day I had to say goodbye I walked out of the hospital and threw up all over the sidewalk. The pain is unbearable. Every Aunt, Uncle , cousin , friend... watching my parents mourn :( . I don’t know how we got through it. We did. But the pain never really goes away. My children don’t understand why and they look to me. And I don’t have answers. All I know is no one will ever be the same and no amount of money will change that.

I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. I have also never personally been through anything like this before and I pray that none of my children ever have to either.
Mspenny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Mspenny »

I think the site is acting up because there’s so many people trying to access it. This is the first time since yesterday her page actually loaded for me.

I feel so awful for her and her family. My heart breaks for them.

I was really happy to see that most of these messages are ones of support and sympathy, you really never know on here.

I kind of can’t believe people are upset about her go fund me. No amount of money in the world is going to take her pain away or bring her baby back. These are the last few moments she has with her son, I’m sure she doesn’t give af about the go fund me. But I’m happy she has one less thing to worry about.

I’m sure her whole channel will be neglected for a long time, and if it isn’t, then she is a much stronger person than I ever could be. I really hope they do have extra money left over! So they can have a sense of security and take comfort in the fact that they don’t have to vlog before they’re ready (although they probably will)

Ugh. I feel so badly for her.

I’m so sorry Brittani ❤️
BrooklynLife
Amateur
Amateur

1. if money is more important than her child, then why keep increasing the amount? could one not argue that her son is EVERYTHING to her but its also nice to make a lot of money when opportunity arises? two things cannot be true?

2. nice humblebrag of her just now about joanna gaines. You all say you cant imagine what you'd do if your child passed away, would thinking about a popular house renovator be one of them? like damn, can she not just step back and be with her son in his last few hours?

ill tell you right now, if i found out that my mother was instagramming my death and giving shoutouts to famous folks, id be livid. can she not just make it about her son and be there for him? silently holding him, not looking at her phone or instructing her family members how to play out this horrible tragedy.

are re: the person who mentioned she may want to 'look back on this' - yeah dude you are absolutely right but who wants to add it as a highlight to her IG feed? can she not keep the moments on her phone or computer and reflect on them when she needs it?

I was born and raised in socal, i know what a good 'photo op' is (i use that term as a lack of better words; obviously its not a photo op, i mean it as like a 'wavemaker' that causes attention for those who dont know the term).

You know the saying 'get while the gettins good?' --- i think that applies here. Do I think she thinks its good that Crew is passing? absolutely not. I think she is tarnished. Do I think that she sees how much money shes making and how much of an opportunity this is? absolutely yes.
Birdsofafeather
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Birdsofafeather »

Some of the comments on here are super gross. The one about her keeping him on life support as long as possible just to benefit and then pulling the plug when she doesn’t benefit anymore is actually disgusting. Like come on! People want to make comments on how Tara, Bri, Tiff, etc. are reacting, but they certainly haven’t said some of the vile things that I have read here. Having a smaller platform doesn’t make your comments okay. FYI: not everyone on here has been like this, but I was surprised by some of the really gross comments.

Also—maybe 100k is more than the expenses (although could be debatable if you put everything together—we will never know) but who cares? It will help them in some way and people are willing/continuing to donate (there’s no arm twisting or force going on here). I’m sure they aren’t even thinking about posting hospital bills etc to prove their expenses. You have no clue what they plan to do if they have excess money, maybe they will donate it or maybe they’ll use it to take some time off work/heal. Let’s not all pass judgement before anything has happened.

Let’s also all remember that although she may possibly benefit in some way by getting money, I 100% think she would rather have her baby back than all of this. Money is replaceable, people are not. Anyone that is saying that she’s fine with all of this because at least she got money out of it is absolutely disgusting and you should probably evaluate how you look at the world. I know this is a site to rag on people but this is so beyond the realm of what’s appropriate to rag on.
brittsmom111
Informer
Informer

Unread post by brittsmom111 »

NotAnotherUserName wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:12 am Guys, who freaking cares if they keep upping the GFM goal. People are continuing to donate because they want to. The end. And did somebody just post that they will keep Crew alive for as long as they can make money and then pull the plug? WTF, what am I reading?? What kind of a shit person thinks like that?? That’s not how it works, the hospital won’t let them keep him on life support indefinitely.

And as far as being on social media, maybe she is or maybe she isn’t, but I know that if I were in this situation I would want to be reading comments and messages of support from people to make me feel less alone and isolated. I bet many who have been in her exact position are reaching out. Cut the poor girl some slack, she will not be bringing her 3-month-old baby home, except for his handprints. Fuck, how can you even go on with life after that? I hope she never ever reads some of these posts.
THANK YOU!!! people are so HATEFUL!!!! Yes they raised 20k at first but guess what. THAT DOESNT EVEN COVER THE FEE TO BE AIRLIFTED>> when it could be 30k one family was charged 47k to be airlifted. also every hour they are in ICU is thousands of dollars. These poor people. yes its great to have social media to raise money. But they hate they get for every little thing is just insane
BrooklynLife
Amateur
Amateur

Birdsofafeather wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:03 am Some of the comments on here are super gross. The one about her keeping him on life support as long as possible just to benefit and then pulling the plug when she doesn’t benefit anymore is actually disgusting. Like come on! People want to make comments on how Tara, Bri, Tiff, etc. are reacting, but they certainly haven’t said some of the vile things that I have read here. Having a smaller platform doesn’t make your comments okay. FYI: not everyone on here has been like this, but I was surprised by some of the really gross comments.

Also—maybe 100k is more than the expenses (although could be debatable if you put everything together—we will never know) but who cares? It will help them in some way and people are willing/continuing to donate (there’s no arm twisting or force going on here). I’m sure they aren’t even thinking about posting hospital bills etc to prove their expenses. You have no clue what they plan to do if they have excess money, maybe they will donate it or maybe they’ll use it to take some time off work/heal. Let’s not all pass judgement before anything has happened.

Let’s also all remember that although she may possibly benefit in some way by getting money, I 100% think she would rather have her baby back than all of this. Money is replaceable, people are not. Anyone that is saying that she’s fine with all of this because at least she got money out of it is absolutely disgusting and you should probably evaluate how you look at the world. I know this is a site to rag on people but this is so beyond the realm of what’s appropriate to rag on.

wow where did you see that someone said she is fine with her sons death? I've been reading these comments all day and havent seen that, as far as I've seen, every single person here feels bad for her, some are just concerned about the amount of money she is asking for and the way she is displaying her sons death (i.e. re-posting, filtering photos, screenshotting, editing comments and resposting them, etc)
lenalena
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lenalena »

I am SO proud of them for making the selfless decision o
To give the gift of life to another family
NotAnotherUserName
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotAnotherUserName »

BrooklynLife wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:01 am 1. if money is more important than her child, then why keep increasing the amount? could one not argue that her son is EVERYTHING to her but its also nice to make a lot of money when opportunity arises? two things cannot be true?

2. nice humblebrag of her just now about joanna gaines. You all say you cant imagine what you'd do if your child passed away, would thinking about a popular house renovator be one of them? like damn, can she not just step back and be with her son in his last few hours?

ill tell you right now, if i found out that my mother was instagramming my death and giving shoutouts to famous folks, id be livid. can she not just make it about her son and be there for him? silently holding him, not looking at her phone or instructing her family members how to play out this horrible tragedy.

are re: the person who mentioned she may want to 'look back on this' - yeah dude you are absolutely right but who wants to add it as a highlight to her IG feed? can she not keep the moments on her phone or computer and reflect on them when she needs it?

I was born and raised in socal, i know what a good 'photo op' is (i use that term as a lack of better words; obviously its not a photo op, i mean it as like a 'wavemaker' that causes attention for those who dont know the term).

You know the saying 'get while the gettins good?' --- i think that applies here. Do I think she thinks its good that Crew is passing? absolutely not. I think she is tarnished. Do I think that she sees how much money shes making and how much of an opportunity this is? absolutely yes.

Just stop.
Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

BrooklynLife wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:19 am
kalakala wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:52 am Google suggests a air ambulance ride alone is 30k+

That’s not including 4 days on life support and MRI/CT scan plus cooling mats.

Plus lost income as they won’t be working anytime soon

Plus funeral costs

Therapy for the whole family
Yas, however keep in mind that they live in Texas, one of the cheapest places to live where income tax is low and homes are also cheap. So Google suggesting 30k plus for the airlift which wasn't even out of state) isn't going to cost as much as say air lifting someone from new york city to Utah.

Additionally, they do have a passive income (youtube), so they continuously make money from that, even when not necessarily working.

I definitely feel for them, this must be extremely difficult to handle. I hope that her sons funeral isn't going to be used as a commodity to sell her channel though. i know is hard for some to fathom how parents can do that...but the cold truth is that it does happen.

i guess my concern just stems from wanting to protect the folks who really, really care for Brittani but also end up sort of being taken advantage of in that they invest a ton of money, emotion, efforts, time, into Brittanis situation.

Again, terrible tragedy, but we cant forget that corruption and greed does exist so it's important to pay attention to things like the neverending increases in her GFM, asking people to subscribe and watch her vids, directing them where to send gifts, etc.

The brain and the heart can have differing opinions (hence the lover who goes back to their abusive spouse; they love them but its illogical to be with them)

I know my opinions here may seem cold, but my brain says that this is getting really opportunistic. The way Brittani (her mom, her husband, whomever is managing her social media) and how they are handling the death. it went went from "please pray for us" to "follow my vids and watch them all, send gifts here, i need 100k".

My heart says that i wish Crew just never stopped breathing in the first place. i wish this was just a nightmare that she'd wake up from and he would be okay.

idk, my utmost hope is that any extra money goes to extra families who dont have a following whos babies are dying right now but could be saved.
I work for a health ins co. Air ambulance is 100k! I don’t care what state she is, NO state is cheap on healthcare, cost of living is cheaper. Crew is in ICU for FOUR days, his charges are probably 300k. Do we know what their insurance covers? Air ambulance is not covered under a lot of insurances. Obamacare sucks, deductibles are sky high and the coinsurances on top of that? And guess what, you have to pay that deductible before the insurance kicks in. THEN you have a 10-20% coinsurance of what the insurance allows.

Oh and a funeral... at least 10k.
jazieg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by jazieg »

Yes, GFM has fees. Their Page Information.

2.9% of donation plus a 0.30 cent flat fee for each donation.

$100 donation. Recipient would get $96.80

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Lala
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lala »

You are not in charge of how another mother grieves. Her ex husband is the one raising the gofundme. If you have a problem with it, don’t donate. She put the message about “packages” up Bc she was being inundated from ppl. All it said was basically “don’t message me, message my mom.” Because trying to kindly respond to hundreds of ppl when you’re grieving is, I imagine, difficult. As far as I’m concerned she can do what she wants w the money. Buy 5,000 sequined teddy bears if she wants, if it even helps a little. Money is only 1 way people show their support. I’m sure they’d sell everything they own to have their son back. If you think they’re “cashing in” on this tragedy then it’s probably best you not donate or follow her. I wouldn’t trade places with this woman for all the money in the world. There is no “silver lining”.
skippy1931
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by skippy1931 »

I'm begging as someone who buried my daughter at birth please do not judge or criticize what she posts or doesn't. What she does to her photo or not you will never know what you will do or not do till your in that position . everyone handles things like this differently and grieves differently . You go thru stages one where you don't want to admit what is happening, then deciding about donating the organs. Once you think your handling it and think I got this, the time between you decide enough is enough but your waiting for the person receiving those organs to being admitted to actually taking them was the hardest and longest moment of all of it. We are better then this please do not make assumptions or criticize what they are doing or not doing

Return to “Brittani Boren Leach”