iheartyt
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brittani Boren Leach: Theory Thread

Unread post by iheartyt »

LexiRae wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:25 pm
iheartyt wrote:
kristieanne87 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:00 am Yeah, but wasn't there bleeding?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I don't know if Brittani mentioned seeing blood but they can bleed from the nose and mouth when there is a sleep accident.

To the ones that said they've tried everything and their babies won't sleep...I just wanted to add that my kids weren't great sleepers either so I totally understand what you're going through. It's worth it to keep trying to provide a safe space for them. It won't last forever. They'll be sleeping in their beds all night before you know it. Definitely try the Safe Sleep group on facebook if you need help.
A Facebook group isn’t going to help sleep deprived parents who have an infant that will not sleep alone for more than a few minutes before waking up... Some babies genuinely do not sleep alone or without nursing. I used to severely judge cosleepers until i hadn’t slept in 2 weeks and knew if i didn’t just hold my baby while he slept i wasn’t going to be able to care for him properly as a single mother especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly what this group was made for! To help sleep deprived parents! There are 48k people in this group. Your baby is not special. None of them want to sleep alone. They have to be taught just like anything else parents go through with their babies. I'm also not judging anyone. But the fb group is there if someone does want help. I realize that you don't want help so feel free to skip my posts.
violet08
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by violet08 »

Why don’t my posts go through right away? It’s really frustrating o want to participate and dialogue in this thread but my posts never post.
skippy1931
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by skippy1931 »

chs6213 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:07 am I wonder if someone else laid Crew down for Brittani and Jeff and that’s why they’re not saying it. Brittani did lay him down on beds and covered him with blankets and there was unsafe sleep practiced. So if it was unsafe sleep, there might have been the exact same result. But maybe a relative was holding him and he fell asleep in their arms and the relative offered to lay him down. Imagine how much guilt that relative would feel? And I wouldn’t by any means think it’d be their fault but I do wonder.

Just the wording of her initial post that Crew laid down for a nap and when she went to check on him... I don’t know. Could be totally wrong.

I feel like I’d want to become an advocate for unsafe sleeping if my child died like that. If I thought it was safe, like she seemed to... I’d want people to know hey, it’s so not. It would be hard to admit because the guilt. I know everyone grieves differently and maybe she’ll say in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
this 100%I cannot imagine how the house owners feel even though it had nothing to do with them it would eat me alive
skippy1931
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

the dock a tots say they are not made for sleeping and are not safe yet each and everyone of them use them
Missmaggie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Missmaggie »

Was there a post somewhere (that someone found) from a family member that said Crew was crushed/pinned? Maybe I'm making that up (?)
charliema16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by charliema16 »

Missmaggie wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm Was there a post somewhere (that someone found) from a family member that said Crew was crushed/pinned? Maybe I'm making that up (?)
There has been no screenshots or evidence that a post like this existed.
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Why would there be a blood transfusion for unsafe sleep death? I’m sure there’s a reason but I’m blanking.

Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

Blood transfusions are common during the organ donation process. Blood carries oxygen to the organs and it’s incredibly important that inherent blood loss from the surgery itself doesn’t cause lack of oxygen to the organs being donated.
When Brittani said there was a lot of swelling in Crews brain, it could have been for many different reasons such as CPR/the ventilator, or also trauma.
honestT
Talker
Talker

Unread post by honestT »

I don't know how to post a screenshot on here but if you go to Jeff's "liked tweets" on Twitter, he liked a couple SIDS-specific tweets from other users. I would bet Crew's death is accidental suffocation that they will label as "SIDS" and act like it was a random act of God, instead of negligence.
4littlemonkeys
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 4littlemonkeys »

Onchao16 wrote:
4littlemonkeys wrote:
iheartyt wrote: I attached a photo of a sidecar and circled the areas where a baby could wiggle down and basically hang themselves. The dip between the mattress and the bed could also cause them to get stuck if they rolled into it. It doesn't matter how tight it is. The warning labels on the side of a crib (which some people use as a side car without the 4th wall) says that modifying it in any way could result in injury or death. Also, who wants to scoot around this monstrosity to get out of bed? It's not even that convenient!

As a nursing mom, my comfort is not as important as my child's safety.
My baby is safe and gets adequate sleep as well, which allows me adequate sleep. There is no dip between my bed her crib. It's an equal surface. There is no possible way my baby could get hurt with our current set up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That’s your choice and your opinion. But quit spreading false information. It is not safe. Has been shown to not be safe. Regardless if nothing has happened to your baby, bedsharing and side cars are very dangerous. And there is actually a possible way for baby to get hurt. Unless that crib is your mattress, it can shift, gaps can occur. Put please, keep living in your delusional world. I only hope one day you’ll “know better and do better”.

It’s like the damn car seat arguments. Regardless if someone turned their baby at 12 months and they were “okay”, it’s not safe

I've made it so it can't shift. I do know better and that's why I safely bedshare. A sober, aware mother won't roll on her baby. A baby can't suffocate if there is nothing close to them to be able to do so. My world isn't delusional at all. Humans have been bedsharing for as long as they've existed.

violet08
Talker
Talker

Unread post by violet08 »

4littlemonkeys wrote:
Onchao16 wrote:
4littlemonkeys wrote: My baby is safe and gets adequate sleep as well, which allows me adequate sleep. There is no dip between my bed her crib. It's an equal surface. There is no possible way my baby could get hurt with our current set up.

That’s your choice and your opinion. But quit spreading false information. It is not safe. Has been shown to not be safe. Regardless if nothing has happened to your baby, bedsharing and side cars are very dangerous. And there is actually a possible way for baby to get hurt. Unless that crib is your mattress, it can shift, gaps can occur. Put please, keep living in your delusional world. I only hope one day you’ll “know better and do better”.

It’s like the damn car seat arguments. Regardless if someone turned their baby at 12 months and they were “okay”, it’s not safe

I've made it so it can't shift. I do know better and that's why I safely bedshare. A sober, aware mother won't roll on her baby. A baby can't suffocate if there is nothing close to them to be able to do so. My world isn't delusional at all. Humans have been bedsharing for as long as they've existed.

If you’re sharing a bed you are NOT practicing safe sleeping. Period. Do what you will. But stop spreading false information. All it takes is one day that you’re extremely exhausted and roll over your baby. You don’t have to drink.
Onchao16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Onchao16 »

4littlemonkeys wrote:
Onchao16 wrote:
4littlemonkeys wrote: My baby is safe and gets adequate sleep as well, which allows me adequate sleep. There is no dip between my bed her crib. It's an equal surface. There is no possible way my baby could get hurt with our current set up.

You are delusional if you think anything attached to your bed can’t shift. Or that a sober parent can’t roll over on their child. Practice any sleep practices you want, but quit spreading false information about bedsharing being safe.

skippy1931
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

honestT wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:28 pm I don't know how to post a screenshot on here but if you go to Jeff's "liked tweets" on Twitter, he liked a couple SIDS-specific tweets from other users. I would bet Crew's death is accidental suffocation that they will label as "SIDS" and act like it was a random act of God, instead of negligence.
are you implying sids isn't an act of god or that any baby dying of it is negligence???
4littlemonkeys
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 4littlemonkeys »

Onchao16 wrote:
4littlemonkeys wrote:
Onchao16 wrote: That’s your choice and your opinion. But quit spreading false information. It is not safe. Has been shown to not be safe. Regardless if nothing has happened to your baby, bedsharing and side cars are very dangerous. And there is actually a possible way for baby to get hurt. Unless that crib is your mattress, it can shift, gaps can occur. Put please, keep living in your delusional world. I only hope one day you’ll “know better and do better”.

You are delusional if you think anything attached to your bed can’t shift. Or that a sober parent can’t roll over on their child. Practice any sleep practices you want, but quit spreading false information about bedsharing being safe.

Haven't spread any false information. Just the facts that you choose to ignore.

Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

No. She’s saying that true actual SIDS cases are when babies are put down to sleep in safe sleeping conditions (on their back, on a firm infant mattress, no stuffed animals/blankets/pillows etc) and die literally without a cause. For a long time, before we got smart and strict about safe sleeping, infants would die of suffocation, smothering or an airway obstruction(this is what happens when you put a baby on a soft mattress and it bends their neck wrong and ultimately pinches off their airway), and it was often labeled as SIDS when in actuality the cause was one of thing things listed above. SIDS is a very real thing but true actual cases of it are so rare because most infant deaths are preventable and have a known cause.
Even if Crew didn’t roll over & suffocate, or fall in between the mattress & headboard - I’m sure she put him down on a regular mattress and it causes his neck & airway to be obstructed which wouldn’t be SIDS.
skippy1931 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 am
honestT wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:28 pm I don't know how to post a screenshot on here but if you go to Jeff's "liked tweets" on Twitter, he liked a couple SIDS-specific tweets from other users. I would bet Crew's death is accidental suffocation that they will label as "SIDS" and act like it was a random act of God, instead of negligence.
are you implying sids isn't an act of god or that any baby dying of it is negligence???
skippy1931
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Adhbrh91 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:11 am No. She’s saying that true actual SIDS cases are when babies are put down to sleep in safe sleeping conditions (on their back, on a firm infant mattress, no stuffed animals/blankets/pillows etc) and die literally without a cause. For a long time, before we got smart and strict about safe sleeping, infants would die of suffocation, smothering or an airway obstruction(this is what happens when you put a baby on a soft mattress and it bends their neck wrong and ultimately pinches off their airway), and it was often labeled as SIDS when in actuality the cause was one of thing things listed above. SIDS is a very real thing but true actual cases of it are so rare because most infant deaths are preventable and have a known cause.
Even if Crew didn’t roll over & suffocate, or fall in between the mattress & headboard - I’m sure she put him down on a regular mattress and it causes his neck & airway to be obstructed which wouldn’t be SIDS.
skippy1931 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 am
I know what sids is. its the comment they will act like it was a random act of god when no one knows what the cause of death is.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

4littlemonkeys wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:33 am
Onchao16 wrote:
4littlemonkeys wrote:

All of the stories that I have read about parents losing their children to unsafe sleep have been sober. Their stories are horrific and no parent should ever have to go through that! Humans have done a lot of crap since they've existed. It doesn't make your choices right.
Onchao16
Informer
Informer

4littlemonkeys wrote:
Onchao16 wrote:
4littlemonkeys wrote: I've made it so it can't shift. I do know better and that's why I safely bedshare. A sober, aware mother won't roll on her baby. A baby can't suffocate if there is nothing close to them to be able to do so. My world isn't delusional at all. Humans have been bedsharing for as long as they've existed.

You are not staying any FACTS. You are stating unsafe sleep practices that you do, and that you FEEL are ‘safe’ since, thankfully, nothing has happened to your baby. Because nothing has happened to your baby doesn’t make your sleep arrangements safe. So, yes, but saying bedsharing is safe, you are spreading false information. By saying side cars are safe, you are spreading false information. By saying sober parents are aware of their sleep position at all times, you are spreading false information. So stop. Continue to do what you’d like in your home, but quit saying bedsharing is safe. It isn’t.

Onchao16
Informer
Informer

skippy1931 wrote:
Adhbrh91 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:11 am No. She’s saying that true actual SIDS cases are when babies are put down to sleep in safe sleeping conditions (on their back, on a firm infant mattress, no stuffed animals/blankets/pillows etc) and die literally without a cause. For a long time, before we got smart and strict about safe sleeping, infants would die of suffocation, smothering or an airway obstruction(this is what happens when you put a baby on a soft mattress and it bends their neck wrong and ultimately pinches off their airway), and it was often labeled as SIDS when in actuality the cause was one of thing things listed above. SIDS is a very real thing but true actual cases of it are so rare because most infant deaths are preventable and have a known cause.
skippy1931 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 am are you implying sids isn't an act of god or that any baby dying of it is negligence???
I know what sids is. its the comment they will act like it was a random act of god when no one knows what the cause of death is.
She literally typed “SIDS, and act like it was a random act of God”, saying that’s why SIDS is. Instead of SIDS being from neglect. Not sure how you’re reading that any differently. Basically, she is saying that they will label it as SIDS instead of negligence (if negligence was the cause)

iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Onchao16 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:37 am
skippy1931 wrote:

She literally typed “SIDS, and act like it was a random act of God”, saying that’s why SIDS is. Instead of SIDS being from neglect. Not sure how you’re reading that any differently. Basically, she is saying that they will label it as SIDS instead of negligence (if negligence was the cause)

SIDS doesn't come from neglect though. 🤔 SIDS just happens. This is where a lot of confusion comes from. People lump SIDS and accidental suffocation together. It is not the same. I don't understand why you are confused.

Return to “Brittani Boren Leach”