sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloorTV - Part 24

Unread post by sand and water »

Gin0915 wrote:
sand and water wrote: Not only are those artificial sweeteners (aspartame) bad for you in the obvious reasons, but it also makes you crave sugar. Hence why Anna has to have desert every night. I personally have never heard of a person who was unable to go one day without desert at night. She blames it on having a bad sweet tooth, but it's the empty crap you are eating throughout the day. This is why (in America...not sure about other countries) they have linked consumption of DIET coke with gaining weight, since it makes you crave more sugar.
That's true about artificial sweeteners. Not only the way they affect the body but also, I've noticed, many people who use them are trying to cut down on the empty calories they are already consuming. So they are still eating junk.
Heheheh, you don't know us sugar addicts very well. I've cut down considerably, but honestly, in the past if I didn't have something sweet everyday I'd be going crazy thinking about it. I still get that feeling sometimes. We had pretty natural foods growing up, no sodas, no packaged crap, no tv eating. I blame it, at least partially, on sweets being such a tabu in our house, or it was used as a reward, for doing well in school, for being good, etc. Horrible, horrible conditioning. My mom kept it under lock and key in the liquor cabinet, lol. So it became the forbidden fruit and as soon as I could spend money on my own some of it went towards candy.
But in truth, we shouldn't be eating simple sugar and similar stuff at all, not even in the infamous moderation. It's kind of like saying, "I'll have some curare every day, in moderation". It's been strongly touted as the cause of all sort of things, from wrinkles to cancer. Thankfully there actually exist healthy sweet things.

Sorry for the overlong nutrition rant.
I just find it obvious that her diet *high in artificial sweetners* is affecting her sweet tooth. All of her deserts consists of rich cakes (cheesecake, chocolate cake, cup cakes, etc), pies with loads of cream, cookies, candy bars, chocolate eggs (for someone who hates chocolate she sure eats a lot of it). If I get a sweet tooth I eat fruit, chew gum or suck on a mint. Maybe that's because I'm on a strict diet with my son's allergies, but I just don't eat cakes, pies or donuts.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
ms.peony
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ms.peony »

In her post she explains how many Oreos were in the package, as if, someone honestly gives a rat’s … This whole constant talk of healthy really pisses me off. Healthy this, healthy that, yada yada yada …

How does she have the audacity to explain what one should or should not eat, to lose weight and be healthy, when she doesn’t even know herself? The only thing she knows how to do is restrict calories! They browse the grocer’s aisles and she looks at the backs of packaging, yet, she has no idea what she is reading/looking for.

She tries to portray herself as this put-together and knowledgeable person, but she’s not, not even in the slightest. She acts as if she has no faults; meanwhile, she screams insecurity when you get a better look at her (and a whole slew of other things that I can’t think of right now, lol). Her incessant rolling of the eyes and face making; in every thumbnail of theirs she looks as if she is convulsing.

She uploads these videos and blog posts and just waits for people to comment “its ok Anna, you’re healthy, and you ONLY had 5 Oreos” Who cares if you had 50? If you want some admiration, why not do it the right way? Don’t fish for it by negating yourself. I much rather receive a compliment from someone on their own free will.

Also, I will never forget when she stated she doesn’t know how to cook regular spinach because she’s only ever cooked baby spinach!

Sorry this is rambly!
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

ms.peony wrote:In her post she explains how many Oreos were in the package, as if, someone honestly gives a rat’s … This whole constant talk of healthy really pisses me off. Healthy this, healthy that, yada yada yada …

How does she have the audacity to explain what one should or should not eat, to lose weight and be healthy, when she doesn’t even know herself? The only thing she knows how to do is restrict calories! They browse the grocer’s aisles and she looks at the backs of packaging, yet, she has no idea what she is reading/looking for.

She tries to portray herself as this put-together and knowledgeable person, but she’s not, not even in the slightest. She acts as if she has no faults; meanwhile, she screams insecurity when you get a better look at her (and a whole slew of other things that I can’t think of right now, lol). Her incessant rolling of the eyes and face making; in every thumbnail of theirs she looks as if she is convulsing.

She uploads these videos and blog posts and just waits for people to comment “its ok Anna, you’re healthy, and you ONLY had 5 Oreos” Who cares if you had 50? If you want some admiration, why not do it the right way? Don’t fish for it by negating yourself. I much rather receive a compliment from someone on their own free will.

Also, I will never forget when she stated she doesn’t know how to cook regular spinach because she’s only ever cooked baby spinach!

Sorry this is rambly!
I agree with you. I'm sure when she looks at the nutrition info on food, the only thing she looks at is calorie content. She never bothers to look at total fat or saturated fat or sodium or carbs. Those are all important and the nutrition info should be looked at as a whole. Calories don't meant squat if the food is high in fat or salt. Her laziness is probably partly because she's too sluggish from all the crap she eats. She eats hardly enough veggies/fruits for it to meet what should be her daily servings. That Thai curry crap in a jar is ridiculously high in sodium and all those giant cups of coffee she drinks can't be good for her. I'm all for coffee, but it should be consumed in moderation. If she really can't do without it, then I would suggest one cup in a REGULAR sized mug not that giant one she drinks from. All those desserts aren't healthy either. It's okay to indulge occasionally, but she over does it.

She doesn't know how to cook spinach because she's only cooked baby spinach?! :? Oh Anna, you really are a twit my dear.
lemontree
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by lemontree »

ms.peony wrote:
haha when did she say that? I mean, she messes up Emilias food, burns apple and still feeds it to her instead of taking 10min to prepare it all over again..
I really would love to see her cook spinach. I'm sure it's the same procedure she does with the apple/pear/sweet potatoe and not actually blanch it, so it would come out disgustingly bitter. Oh please tell me there is a video of her "cooking" spinach :lol:
ms.peony
Informer
Informer

^ I'll respond to you ladies in a bit, have to run out the door for a few mins...

Was just reading the ItJudyTime thread and thought it’d post this hear as well.

http://espace.library.uq.edu.au/eserv.p ... zjp_03.pdf
^
“Objective: The relationship between maternal attitude to the infant at 6 months of age and behavioural outcomes at 5 years is explored, controlling for numerous demographic, child and psychosocial family factors.

Method: Data was used from the Mater-University Study of Pregnancy, an Australian longitudinal study of over 7000 mothers and children followed from pregnancy to when the children were 5 years. Measures ranging from the key variables of maternal attitude and child behaviour as well as numerous confounders were dichotomised. Logistic regression analyses were performed to examine the relationship between maternal negative attitude toward the infant and clinically significant levels of child behaviour problems and other infant risks, early social risks, and concurrent social risks.

Results: The results suggest that maternal negative attitude towards the infant at 6 months is an independent predictor of child behaviour problems at 5 years. This association remained significant for boys’ externalizing behaviours and girls’ internalizing behaviours.

Conclusions: The findings lend support to the concept of a sensitive period in early infancy; the need for a broad perspective in the assessment of the mother-infant relationship and the need for early intervention with dysfunctional mother-infant dyads.
ms.peony
Informer
Informer

@ 11:35 She doesn’t cook it. She “chickened out” of cooking it because she’s only ever cooked baby spinach; this is “like real spinach”. Bet she never used that spinach and ended up throwing it in the trash, lol.

Having a look at the comments, minion dearshelley was still a knight in shining armor back then - so basically, nothings changed, lol.

In that video, they also mention how they use the laundry room as a time out room for the puppies, when they are bold. I totally forgot they use to do that! J mentions how it can be Emilia’s time out room when she’s born, they have a giggle and both state “we’ll be long gone by then” Idiots.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

proudmama wrote:
ms.peony wrote:In her post she explains how many Oreos were in the package, as if, someone honestly gives a rat’s … This whole constant talk of healthy really pisses me off. Healthy this, healthy that, yada yada yada …

Sorry this is rambly!
I agree with you. I'm sure when she looks at the nutrition info on food, the only thing she looks at is calorie content. She never bothers to look at total fat or saturated fat or sodium or carbs. Those are all important and the nutrition info should be looked at as a whole. Calories don't meant squat if the food is high in fat or salt. Her laziness is probably partly because she's too sluggish from all the crap she eats. She eats hardly enough veggies/fruits for it to meet what should be her daily servings. That Thai curry crap in a jar is ridiculously high in sodium and all those giant cups of coffee she drinks can't be good for her. I'm all for coffee, but it should be consumed in moderation. If she really can't do without it, then I would suggest one cup in a REGULAR sized mug not that giant one she drinks from. All those desserts aren't healthy either. It's okay to indulge occasionally, but she over does it.

She doesn't know how to cook spinach because she's only cooked baby spinach?! :? Oh Anna, you really are a twit my dear.
hear, hear, exactly! and this dumb human being makes videos on health and diet etc. when she CLEARLY doesn't have a clue! that's almost dangerous.
Suntropics
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Suntropics »

geekinthepink wrote:
proudmama wrote:

Sorry this is rambly!

hear, hear, exactly! and this dumb human being makes videos on health and diet etc. when she CLEARLY doesn't have a clue! that's almost dangerous.
In Anna's mind skinny, 23 inch waist & wearing a size small or X-small = healthy.
tamithomas
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by tamithomas »

geekinthepink wrote:
proudmama wrote:

Sorry this is rambly!

Not almost... it is dangerous period. Plus, I'm all for offering recipes here and there but no one on youtube should ever claim to know what they're doing when it comes to nutrition unless they're being consulted by a Nutritionist. Same goes for work outs. There's nothing I hate more then seeing non professionals giving advice on working out. Not that you have to have papers for but if you give out the wrong advice, you could potentially be breaking someone elses health and I don't think anyone in their right minds would want that on their hands. The workout group "Bodyrock TV" comes to mind in all of this.
tamithomas
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by tamithomas »

imo Trying to find personal nutrition or training advice online imo is like trying to find prescription glasses at the dollar store. They may have frames for all but none of them have the right needs for your exact health and body.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”