TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTV - Part 25

Bluewolf
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloorTV - Part 25

Unread post by Bluewolf »

Actually the age of the car is irrelevant here.

Cars over four years old have to undergo a rigorous road worthiness test every two years. Cars over ten years have to do it every year. For those of u who have seen the add for the car that's the NCT to 2014 listing on it.

With respect to pump attendants. Anna would want to grow up. Along with automatic cars pump attendants here are for the elderly/infirm we don't really have attendants and to go into a station to ask for help with filling petrol/diesel is ALIEN for able bodied capable people. It just doesn't happen.

This was one of the things that had my jaw on the floor when I lived in US. This culture of not having to leave your car literally.
I cannot tell you my ABJECT SHOCK AND HORROR the day I was brought to a drive thru bank?!?!?!? ffs ;) :D
CraftyLady
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CraftyLady »

Bluewolf wrote:Actually the age of the car is irrelevant here.

Cars over four years old have to undergo a rigorous road worthiness test every two years. Cars over ten years have to do it every year. For those of u who have seen the add for the car that's the NCT to 2014 listing on it.

With respect to pump attendants. Anna would want to grow up. Along with automatic cars pump attendants here are for the elderly/infirm we don't really have attendants and to go into a station to ask for help with filling petrol/diesel is ALIEN for able bodied capable people. It just doesn't happen.

This was one of the things that had my jaw on the floor when I lived in US. This culture of not having to leave your car literally.
I cannot tell you my ABJECT SHOCK AND HORROR the day I was brought to a drive thru bank?!?!?!? ffs ;) :D
Well i do not know where you live in the US, but my town does not have a station that offers pump service. I believe there is a button that you can push IF you are handicapped.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

CraftyLady wrote:

Well i do not know where you live in the US, but my town does not have a station that offers pump service. I believe there is a button that you can push IF you are handicapped.
I don't live in the US. I'm Irish living in Ireland but I worked in Midwest US for 6 months :)
loverdose
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by loverdose »

I found filling my car up with petrol stressful the first time, I didn't realise that if I locked my car the petrol cap wouldn't open :roll: And the second time I tried I'd left my debit card at home....
But it's not difficult plus I doubt she'll need to fill her car up that often seeing as they'll go everywhere with Jofus driving in his car! They really don't need 2 cars, my parents both work and have decided to not replace my dads company car when he gave it back after he took redundancy to go to a new job, so now they'll only have 1 and they'll manage on that!
Meringue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Meringue »

The ad for Anna's beetle was removed yesterday, obviously because it has been sold but here are some pics of her car from the dealer compared to the pic Anna posted. It is a year 2000 car.

First, Anna's photo from instagram:

Here's some photos I took from the ad:

Meringue
Informer
Informer

Bluewolf wrote: Cars over four years old have to undergo a rigorous road worthiness test every two years. Cars over ten years have to do it every year. For those of u who have seen the add for the car that's the NCT to 2014 listing on it.
Anna's NCT actually expired 30/3/2013! I have a photo of the NCT sticker.

Does that mean no one can legally drive it until it is renewed?
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Meringue wrote:
Bluewolf wrote: Cars over four years old have to undergo a rigorous road worthiness test every two years. Cars over ten years have to do it every year. For those of u who have seen the add for the car that's the NCT to 2014 listing on it.

The add said the car would be sold with NCT to 2014. Very few dealers would sell a car without NCT. It's normally part of the deal on used cars. So while the sticker may have said 2013, when they agreed to buy it most likely the dealers would have committed to have it put through NCT for a new cert :)
Ingrid1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ingrid1 »

What's with all the US bashing? I've lived in many different places in the US and it just depends. Sometimes you have an attendant to pump your gas, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have a drive thru bank, sometimes you don't. What's the big deal? I don't think there's any shame in driving an automatic car or in having a gas attendant in the place where you live.

There are just more important and relevant things to worry about in this world.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Ingrid1 wrote:What's with all the US bashing? I've lived in many different places in the US and it just depends. Sometimes you have an attendant to pump your gas, sometimes you don't. Sometimes you have a drive thru bank, sometimes you don't. What's the big deal? I don't think there's any shame in driving an automatic car or in having a gas attendant in the place where you live.

There are just more important and relevant things to worry about in this world.
Who said they were worried about it? Or bashing it for that matter?

I think you may be a little over sensitive.

And by the way, if anyone was US "bashing" there's plenty to "bash" about besides drive thru banks/ petrol station attendants. Same as there is any country in the whole world, my own most definitely included!

Have a nice day now! :)
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

So have A&J tried to pass off Princess Poo's car as new yet?
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Be that as it may, I'd still not feel secure about something so ancient. Maybe it's cultural, maybe it's just my dad's views influencing me. I don't care how rigorous the tests are, the older the car the more often it breaks down and the more unpredictable money one has to put into the upkeep. Like I stated, a used car is a very sensible for a new driver indeed, but unless one simply cannot afford it or doesn't have my prejudices against very old cars, I'd stick with a 5-6 year old.

If Dofungus wants to pump gas, I'd have him do it as well in her place, lol. One often gets the smell on one's hands and those pumps are rather nasty. Yes, I'm being prissy, heehee. But she definitely should, at least, learn how to do it, one never knows what may come in useful. It may or may not be tricky, as some pumps are odd, one has to pull something unexpected before gasoline starts flowing or whatnot--but generally it's beyond easy. As for the US, I believe only NJ and Oregon have mandatory gas pumpers (wish more did, as I love them). Otherwise one does it oneself, or some places on highways have them for a few cents extra a gallon, which seems very silly and few take advantage of it. I love drive through banks, muahahaha, and drive through Starbucks-like places though I usually get out of the car for those.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

proudmama wrote:So have A&J tried to pass off Princess Poo's car as new yet?
Not that I know, but I'd be surprised if they attempted such a thing after the Porsche affair. It is after all Anna's car and she's not as prone as he is to lie and show off, (she's more of a confused talker, telling the same story in different ways so it comes out like a lie but it's really not intentional)--she's more likely to be honest about such things, at any rate. Very likely it won't be addressed at all.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Meringue
Informer
Informer

Bluewolf wrote:
Meringue wrote:

The add said the car would be sold with NCT to 2014. Very few dealers would sell a car without NCT. It's normally part of the deal on used cars. So while the sticker may have said 2013, when they agreed to buy it most likely the dealers would have committed to have it put through NCT for a new cert :)
Oh ok :) I couldn't remember because the ad's been taken down!

It would have been typically Dofus to buy a car that only had a couple of days left on the NCT, and then find that when they take it to get renewed it doesn't pass because it has a million problems with it!
Nesoi
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nesoi »

Meringue, props to you and your cunning sleuthing, you are wasted in your present career :D I will eat my hat the day I see Anna pass her test and do a full shopping run around Cork with baby in tow! Miracles may indeed happen! I am loving the minor meltdowns every time she gets behind the wheel...darling you could get into RADA!! I can't believe she is really a pouting, prissy, whinging princess. Drama is her middle name baby :lol:
Image]Image Image
I do my best work in the twilight zone.
dolliedays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dolliedays »

Anna's neighbor that she's only known a couple of months is now her " best friend" :? If I did daily vlogs I would feel so weird to know my neighbors watched them
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

She said she was a VEGETARIAN and she is eating ROAST LAMB??? Do you know how they fucking kill a LAMB? :o

If you're not a vegetarian... don't say you are. I am and I would not say: "I'm vegan" because it's too hard for me, even if I think it would be great... But I'm not. I would not say I'm a vegetarian and then post a roaslamb and say: "yummy!" :x

wtf... you are an idiot, girl.
up all night, got demons to fight
Irishish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Irishish »

sleep84 wrote:She said she was a VEGETARIAN and she is eating ROAST LAMB??? Do you know how they fucking kill a LAMB? :o

If you're not a vegetarian... don't say you are. I am and I would not say: "I'm vegan" because it's too hard for me, even if I think it would be great... But I'm not. I would not say I'm a vegetarian and then post a roaslamb and say: "yummy!" :x

ah she never was she always ate fish, went back to eating chicken during her pregnancy because you know thats totally lioke not a bad meat durrrh totally like almost doesn't count! I don't think she professes to being vegetarian *cough* I mean pescetarian anymore but I'm sure her food choices like any of her choices in life revolve around staying skinny.
Irishish
Amateur
Amateur

sleep84 wrote:She said she was a VEGETARIAN and she is eating ROAST LAMB??? Do you know how they fucking kill a LAMB? :o

ah she never was she always ate fish, went back to eating chicken during her pregnancy because you know thats totally lioke not a bad meat durrrh totally like almost doesn't count! I don't think she professes to being vegetarian *cough* I mean pescetarian anymore but I'm sure her food choices like any of her choices in life revolve around staying skinny.

(by eating small amounts of "allowed" food not by being super healthy of course)
Irishish
Amateur
Amateur

(by eating small amounts of "allowed" food not by being super healthy of course)
Irishish
Amateur
Amateur

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”