Tannerites/YAWI

AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

Yeah, another period related title today, these people are definitely a little obsessed with their daughters' menstrual cycles lol. Did anyone else not even ever tell their parents (except maybe at first) when they were on theirs? Like it's definitely something normal and natural but that doesn't mean it needs to be talked about all the time.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

AutumnLeaves3 wrote:Yeah, another period related title today, these people are definitely a little obsessed with their daughters' menstrual cycles lol. Did anyone else not even ever tell their parents (except maybe at first) when they were on theirs? Like it's definitely something normal and natural but that doesn't mean it needs to be talked about all the time.
It gets the clicks and the money pours in. Gotta do whatever they can to keep the cash flow. Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

AutumnLeaves3 wrote:Yeah, another period related title today, these people are definitely a little obsessed with their daughters' menstrual cycles lol. Did anyone else not even ever tell their parents (except maybe at first) when they were on theirs? Like it's definitely something normal and natural but that doesn't mean it needs to be talked about all the time.
Yes-- I told my mom the first time. That's all. Unless I needed supplies. And I wasn't ashamed. But I just didn't need to announce it every month! Later, when my endometriosis started acting up, everyone knew because I basically took to bed with a heating pad. But other than that, nope.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Why do they have the word WHY above their cupboards? Just to make us ask questions? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

What's up with their youngest, Canyon? He seems so unruly. I get that he's 2, I had my own 2 year olds too, but basically every time he's on the vlog he's crying or throwing a fit. Also, is it normal for a 2 year old to still be drinking a bottle? AND to basically be having 2 naps still?

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

freshbalsam wrote:What's up with their youngest, Canyon? He seems so unruly. I get that he's 2, I had my own 2 year olds too, but basically every time he's on the vlog he's crying or throwing a fit. Also, is it normal for a 2 year old to still be drinking a bottle? AND to basically be having 2 naps still?

I know a lot of families tend to keep the youngest child like a baby for longer (though I never found the appeal), but I wonder if Mormons take it to the extreme because they're all about having lots of children. Bonnie is a good example of this with Lincoln and they seem to be doing the same with Canyon. He acts much younger than two and the parents encourage it.
nlewis214
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nlewis214 »

Canyon is annoying. I know he's only 2 but it seems like he's always acting out and all they do is put him in the corner for like 2 minutes. What does that even accomplish? It seems like it's usually for hitting or biting one of the other kids. He throws these ridiculous tantrums and they're just like oh "gego" needs a bottle and a nap.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't get the boys' names. The girls all have pretty, "normal" names, and they go and name the boys Branson, Azbury, and Canyon? At first, when they were calling Azbury "Az", I was afraid they had named him "Aslan". Then I was thinking, maybe it's where they were conceived? The girls get "normal" names, but the boys have to have unique names? Is it a Utah Mormon thing? The Binghams gave their boys "unique" names too-- Brexson (sp??), Ryler, and Crew. Crew??? And whenever they say Brexson, I think of Brexit.
And I wish these people would leave their girls' menstrual cycles alone. I am all for reducing stigma. But they just look like they are mortified every time their mom gleefully goes on about their cramps.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I was kind of wondering if his speech isn't making his fits worse, I feel like he has some kind of speech delay or
impediment.. Obviously drinking out a bottle isn't helping and being the youngest but it seems he has a hard time communicating.
nlewis214
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nlewis214 »

I have wondered the same thing. He sounds like he mumbles or makes sounds then says random words semi-clearly. He seems to understand when they speak to him, he just can't seem to form enough words to speak back.

pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

did Ali seriously get a DOLL for her birthday when she's in high school? -.-
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:did Ali seriously get a DOLL for her birthday when she's in high school? -.-
That girl needs to get out and live some. I'm 21 and like dolls, but not like that. I collect American Girl dolls and such. I wonder if her parents aren't allowing her to grow up or she honestly doesn't know that it's weird to get dolls at 16. Makes me wonder if her friends are the same way

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Did they take the doll video down??

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I don't see the doll video either, it's like she is 13 and I believe it's her parents fault, I remember they were all having "the talk" (can't remember exactly when but I believe it was a year ago or so) and Ali was so clueless about everything, I don't know if they were acting or if it was real but I was shocked.
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

While I think that the family is generally quite likeable (read: not absolutely awful … but maybe I just like the two oldest girls), I definitely agree with them not having the ‘chops’ for daily vlogging. On the first page, it’s mentioned how they described the contents of their freezer, I remember a vlog where the mom said “Now we enter the elevator” while … well, entering the elevator (the heck?) – but the Sweet-16-video negatively stuck out to me because I struggle to imagine that the kids featured in this video (and/or their parents, for that matter) were entirely cool with them being in a YouTube video

That’s an issue I have seen with a lot of vloggers (predominantly the more ‘awkward’ ones) however
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

The first video of Tannerites I saw was the back to school shopping haul and back then I thought that it's kind of nice that a 15-year-old doesn't choose clothes just to impress others but instead she cooses something she feels comfortable wearing (even if I don't personally like these clothes), but then I watched more of their videos and I realised that she's just very immature and childlish and basically it's this family that is so weird about some stuff I just can't

I just hope Danill will get a chance to run away from their toxic little mormon bubble, she just has this rebellious spark
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

calliepaige84 wrote:Why do they have the word WHY above their cupboards? Just to make us ask questions? Lol

Wanted to bump this to the next page in case someone didn’t see this... this is bugging me! Haha
Anyone know?

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Do the girls not have middle names? Just wondering if that’s a Mormon thing or a Griffiths family thing (Ellie, Bonnie, etc)

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

calliepaige84 wrote:Do the girls not have middle names? Just wondering if that’s a Mormon thing or a Griffiths family thing (Ellie, Bonnie, etc)

I'm not sure, I used to watch April and Davey and I know the youngest has a middle name so I don't know if it's more common with Mormons or just a Griffiths thing.
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

calliepaige84 wrote:Do the girls not have middle names? Just wondering if that’s a Mormon thing or a Griffiths family thing (Ellie, Bonnie, etc)

That’s possible, but I don’t know for sure – I personally don’t have a second name, and my mother once told me that middle names are more of a Catholic thing, at least in my country :)
Actually, I used to think that having a middle name was a requirement in the USA, so you mentioning this does surprise me a bit :)

Return to “Q-Z”