Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Also I felt that Joel was getting teary eyed while inside Dave Smith's. You can tell how appreciate he is!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
alym0326 wrote:Before they got the suburban, did they really contemplate putting the baby in the front seat... Did I hear that right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You did.

I saw someone doing this last week and nearly had a heart attack!
NOOOOOOO!!!!! I (happily) missed that part! Wow.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Addicted2vlogs wrote:I was wrong lmao, It WAS the truck from Julie's video!
Joel must of been just hanging out with the kids in the back.

"Mama gonna treat you good" what sort of fucking title is that!?
She stole Joel's thunder and the one and only thing that he wanted. After all his patience, being frugal, loving frank, research for the right truck... she goes and says "I'm buying by man a truck" and calls it a "gift".
Like wtf. Why only today did it turn into a gift and not the past year Joel's been talking about buying himself a truck.

Pretty sure she was joking...actually I think it was a bit of a dig at her viewers. She said she gets a ton of hate for not getting Joel a truck, but really they were waiting.
Ok, I see how she was joking and having a dig at us, but I still thought the vlog & title would be his, his day, not hers. I forget I should put "Bonnies number one fan and defender at the beginning of each negative post I write.
I didn't realise we are not allowed to be dramatic over a genuine thing we have been waiting literally 2 years for. Sorry for being dramatic lmao.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Oregon has no sales tax correct?
Dave Smith is in Idaho, and I dont believe they have sales tax...I live in Canada but we have family in Spokane, they rave about Dave Smith...
Is it just a GA thing that you would have to pay the taxes anyway? Here in GA you don't pay taxes on the car in the state that you buy it in, you pay the taxes in the state where you register the car. So even if you buy it in a tax free state, you will still pay GA "sales tax" to get a tag.

Also, and this is a little messed up.. but say you bought your car 5 years ago but are moving to GA from Idaho... when you go to get GA tags for your car? You have to pay taxes like you would if you had just bought it, but only on the value of the car at the time. So if your car was $20,000 brand new, but now it's 5 years old, you still have to pay taxes on a depreciated scale. It used to be that you paid every year, and each year your tag would cost less bc your car had depreciated. That changed in 2013 and now you just a one time tax and then years after its just a $25 tag fee.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Addicted2vlogs wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Addicted2vlogs wrote:I was wrong lmao, It WAS the truck from Julie's video!
Joel must of been just hanging out with the kids in the back.

"Mama gonna treat you good" what sort of fucking title is that!?
She stole Joel's thunder and the one and only thing that he wanted. After all his patience, being frugal, loving frank, research for the right truck... she goes and says "I'm buying by man a truck" and calls it a "gift".
Like wtf. Why only today did it turn into a gift and not the past year Joel's been talking about buying himself a truck.

Pretty sure she was joking...actually I think it was a bit of a dig at her viewers. She said she gets a ton of hate for not getting Joel a truck, but really they were waiting.
Ok, I see how she was joking and having a dig at us, but I still thought the vlog & title would be his, his day, not hers. I forget I should put "Bonnies number one fan and defender at the beginning of each negative post I write.
I didn't realise we are not allowed to be dramatic over a genuine thing we have been waiting literally 2 years for. Sorry for being dramatic lmao.

???? You're allowed to have that opinion. I don't think anyone was accusing you of being over dramatic...Speaking for myself, I just happen to somewhat disagree, but your comment is fair.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

They will have to pay taxes when they register it in Utah. They will have to show the bill of sale at the DMV or where ever they go to register it.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Ducklings4 wrote:
They will have to pay taxes when they register it in Utah. They will have to show the bill of sale at the DMV or where ever they go to register it.
Yep!! As someone from Oregon, yes, it is a sales tax free state (and we don't pump our own gas!), but even out-of-state buyers have to pay their taxes on cars!! It's a big deal in the Portland area because it's so close to Washington.

Idaho (which is where I bought my car) DOES have a sales tax.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Bonnie and Joel explain why they buy their cars from Dave Smith in the vlog where they get the Suburban. They said when they were looking for an SUV, they had a very specific idea of what they wanted and the price they were willing to pay. Most of the local dealerships basically laughed them off and told them they were looking for a pink unicorn, but when they contacted the guy at DS he said right away "I will find it," and he did! They drove to Kellogg the last time to pick up the Suburban, but it makes far more sense to fly if they can afford it. Less time away from the kids, and less gas wasted.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:Bonnie and Joel explain why they buy their cars from Dave Smith in the vlog where they get the Suburban. They said when they were looking for an SUV, they had a very specific idea of what they wanted and the price they were willing to pay. Most of the local dealerships basically laughed them off and told them they were looking for a pink unicorn, but when they contacted the guy at DS he said right away "I will find it," and he did! They drove to Kellogg the last time to pick up the Suburban, but it makes far more sense to fly if they can afford it. Less time away from the kids, and less gas wasted.
WTH?! Cars aren't cheaper if you buy in a different state!! They totally got a deal from the dealer.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

ewokfan11 wrote:
menehune wrote:Bonnie and Joel explain why they buy their cars from Dave Smith in the vlog where they get the Suburban. They said when they were looking for an SUV, they had a very specific idea of what they wanted and the price they were willing to pay. Most of the local dealerships basically laughed them off and told them they were looking for a pink unicorn, but when they contacted the guy at DS he said right away "I will find it," and he did! They drove to Kellogg the last time to pick up the Suburban, but it makes far more sense to fly if they can afford it. Less time away from the kids, and less gas wasted.
WTH?! Cars aren't cheaper if you buy in a different state!! They totally got a deal from the dealer.

I dont know about that, we just bought a new truck and it was over $5000 cheaper FOR THE SAME TRUCK if we went to a dealership thats 4 hours away from us, but still in the same province (I live in canada). So I could see it varying state to state.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Well the Suburban was used so if the dealership in ID was able to find what they were looking for and could price it at what they wanted, then it makes sense to go get it. Prices do vary from dealership to dealership and state to statute. We have a town in Alberta that is known for better car pricing.

Joel seems like such a loyal guy. If he felt that Dave Anderson treated him right and provided good service, then I could see him wanting to buy new from them over any of the local dealers that dismissed him earlier. I probably would too!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Well the Suburban was used so if the dealership in ID was able to find what they were looking for and could price it at what they wanted, then it makes sense to go get it. Prices do vary from dealership to dealership and state to statute. We have a town in Alberta that is known for better car pricing.

Joel seems like such a loyal guy. If he felt that Dave Anderson treated him right and provided good service, then I could see him wanting to buy new from them over any of the local dealers that dismissed him earlier. I probably would too!
They went a LOOOONG way to go to find a car!! I bought my car in Pocatello, but they didn't have the color I wanted in stock so they shipped it up from Sandy, Utah (car CITY) for free. Maybe used cars are different, but flying to Spokane for a used car seems CRAAAAAAAZY!
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Bonnie and Joel only had 50K subscribers when they purchased the Suburban, so I doubt that was any kind of brand deal. It would have made far more sense for the local dealership to have given them a year long loan like they did E&J if this was the case. They drove to Idaho to pick the Suburban up.. they didn't fly.

Now for this trip...maybe they did get a discount? Who knows, but I doubt they received a free truck. Chevy is going to get a lot of advertising with Joel's truck, but not Dave Smith Motors. It sounded like this was Joel's new Frank, so we know he isn't planning on trading it in or returning it in a year or two. If this were the case and he wasn't already attached, I think he would have had the one they just purchased traded in again for another new one since it had a stain on the roof. Bonnie said in the comments that he took it to the dealer to have the light fixed and the roof cleaned.

Either way I don't care how much they paid or where they got it. This wasn't an impulse buy. Joel put a lot of thought and research into it, and took his time to find just what he wanted. They saved up to be able to buy it loan free (because I fail to see how they could possibly have a loan making what they do) and it's going to get a lot of use. I've seen far too many vloggers and people in general buying things just because they can. Joel has never been one of these people.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really just don't understand going 8-10 hours away to get a car when Sandy, Utah is a HUGE car spot (new or used) and only an hour away.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Lincoln's vocabulary is just exploding! It's very interesting and wonderful to watch.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

One of my relatives sells Volkswagens. There's not only substantial brand loyalty there from the get-go, but he actually retains customers who have moved quite far away. He doesn't really get many first-time customers from more than a few hours' drive away, but just last week a longtime customer flew in to buy his teenage daughter's first car. Relationships matter a lot in car sales.

Personally I don't think I am even 10% as committed as B&J are, and mostly in the past I have paid cash for used cars from private individuals. I loathe and despise the whole car-buying process, so maybe if I'd had a good and satisfying purchase like B&J apparently had with the Suburban, I could possibly see myself going back to the same vendor. But I'd rather just buy my relatives' cast-offs when they upgrade, lol.
JaneDoe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JaneDoe »

Joel's parents are my favorite youtube grandparents, they are just too sweet.

What is going on with his dad? So sad to see him in such pain, but loved seeing him show the kids how to fold the flag. <3
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I love seeing Lincoln and Boston bond and becoming playmates now that Lincoln is old enough to really have fun with. Lincoln is starting to give me a "little kid" vibe like Boston, rather than just being the tagalong baby.
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

Arghhh I just cannot get enough of Boston and Lincoln!! The cutest kids on YT imo - and they always crack me up!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Defuego wrote:I love seeing Lincoln and Boston bond and becoming playmates now that Lincoln is old enough to really have fun with. Lincoln is starting to give me a "little kid" vibe like Boston, rather than just being the tagalong baby.
It is sweet. And you can actually see it, unlike Ollie and Finn. Bryan and Missy are always posting about how much those boys love each other, but Ollie is only warming up to Finn lately. Bonnie's kids really do enjoy playing together.
Somehow, I got unsubscribed to these guys! I was thinking "I haven't seen a Bonnie and Joel post in a while!" Had to come find y'all!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”