JessFam: The OG Trap Queen (Part 102)

Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JessFam: The OG Trap Queen (Part 102)

Unread post by Shawn2011 »

DoodleBop wrote:
trumputin wrote:
DoodleBop wrote:When Youtuber kids grow up and have trouble finding employment because so much of their business is online they can write tell all books about their abandonment issues and this feeling that they're always being watched.
Honestly, this is what I'm looking forward to most. The damage is already being done, or has been done, with surely more to come. It's shitty, but I can't do anything about it. But, in 20 or so years, you can bet your ass i'll pirate a book at least one of these kids is sure to publish about how it fucked them up.

In the age of Social media, a lot of people's sense of privacy is completely dead and they don't value it. I can't wait to read about the fallout caused by that, along with all the research articles.
The laws aren't catching up quickly enough. The fact that every other family with triplets or bigger multiples seems to have a TV show or a Youtube channel makes me think of the Dionne sisters. In that case they were exploited by the government in these cases the kids are being used by their own parents - people who are supposed to have your very best interest at heart. The pee has barely dried on the stick and they already got a deal with TLC. Didn't Shirley Temple support her family and had no money even though she worked her entire childhood.

Which is why when people ask me which families I watch since I watch Youtube and I'm like I don't really like watching families...unless it's done in a way not to impact the kids, they aren't performing, they aren't the bread & butter of the channel...
If you are so ethically opposed to child exploitation what are you doing here? Why do you watch Jess?It's the paparazzi argument all over again - people want to look at trashy photos of celebreties but are fake outraged when they hear about them being hsrrassed. If you think it's wrong, don't view the product.
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

Fair enough. The comparison to the paparazzi is a good one though. Photos taken without consent vs the ones shared on social media by those same celebrities. Are they both the same? Some would say because they choose to put themselves out there sometimes it gives others the right to take photos. Social media parents when does it cross the line since their kids can't make an informed choice. This is a topic of conversation youtube parents are having when it is too much? When do they cross the line into invading their kids privacy? Some people think any photos\video is too much. One youtuber I know won't even make it known to the internet if the baby she had was a boy or a girl.

I watched Jess more when she did her sit down videos. I wonder if she'd get the views on those now that's she's a vlogger.
fromemmy

Unread post by fromemmy »

So related-ish question... how long do you think before the YouTube mommy/family vlogger thing is over or at least dwindles enough that it forces these parents to find real jobs? It amazes me that they’re so secure with what they have... I’d be terrified if a website with a history of ad/sponsors/tech issues was my sole source of income. I do not understand how the households with 2 parents don’t have a backup or one parent working. I’m sorry but if my hub had an excellent channel and made money, I still wouldn’t feel comfortable quitting my own job. (As long as I could keep my job location on the downlow and not put anyone at risk.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

tessabravo wrote:
cjl123 wrote:
marshmellow wrote:Calling stepparents mom and dad is very very weird in MY eyes. Lilia absolutely has no need to call Chris dad. She already has an awesome dad.
I agree! I don't want my babies calling anyone else mom. Hell no lol I carried and birthed them. Fed them from my body. Loved them every single second of their whole life they are my babies. But i also wouldn't force my step kids to call me mom. So Jessica cant really say shit because she and Chris worked very hard to manipulate his sons into calling her mom. Now she can't act like she isn't cool with it.

She never called Drake dad ever and now that Chris is here she calls him dad

She did call Drake dad
hotbloodedwomanchild
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hotbloodedwomanchild »

fromemmy wrote:So related-ish question... how long do you think before the YouTube mommy/family vlogger thing is over or at least dwindles enough that it forces these parents to find real jobs? It amazes me that they’re so secure with what they have... I’d be terrified if a website with a history of ad/sponsors/tech issues was my sole source of income. I do not understand how the households with 2 parents don’t have a backup or one parent working. I’m sorry but if my hub had an excellent channel and made money, I still wouldn’t feel comfortable quitting my own job. (As long as I could keep my job location on the downlow and not put anyone at risk.)

I would guess probably another 5ish years? Maybe slightly longer, but the blogging boom was, if I remember correctly, somewhere around like...2008-2009ish? And I want to say the blogger "bust" happened in like 2014 or 15. Right now I think Youtube family vlogging is at or reaching its peak and in 4 or 5 years it'll experience a bust just like blogging. It's going to be harder for a lot of these family vloggers, I think, than it was for bloggers--lots of the bloggers either had educated backgrounds or were able to find journalism/speaking/writing gigs in other formats, but it seems like many if not most of the vlogging families don't really have education or transferable skills. So it will be interesting when vlogging busts to see what happens. I find the whole new media cycle very fascinating haha
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Why do all her kids look dirty and smelly? She post so many pictures of Addie on snap and she just looks like she's not clean.

shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

I thought about it today when she was doing her makeup with Addie .. this child is just sitting there alone with her mother while her mother talks into a screen. A baby doesn't understand what a camera is or that she's recording to upload for strangers to watch. She just sees her mother talking to no one. When a baby sees an adult speaking it should be to another human being or to them. In any other circumstance, if Jess just say there and talked to a mirror for twenty minutes while holding Addie, she'd be batshit insane and Addie would be damaged by being exposed to that behavior.

NaNaBrianna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NaNaBrianna »

I feel like Jessss has been reading here a lot more lately and she’s getting kinda snippy.

Her thumbnail on the “I don’t know how to do my makeup and I don’t care!” video and her snippy response to putty a diaper on Addy after her bath tonight.

Keep on reading on Jesssss!

KittyKax
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KittyKax »

I just wonder how hard it's going to be for her to find a job at all after all this is said and done. She's never had a regular job so she really only has Youtube on her resume which I can't imagine involves practical skills needed for something like a retail job.

Also, what's going to happen with her schooling? College credits do expire after a certain period of time. It depends on the school but let's be honest, with 5-7 children to take care of she's really only got one option for schools near her for a reasonable daily commute(Stanislaus State ).
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

kalakala wrote:I'm sure I saw a super old video where jess said gabe wanted to see Lilia more but she said well I only saw my dad every other weekend so that's what I want for Lilia.

I'll try and find it
Yeah, I remember that too - it was obvious she was making the decision and would make it very difficult for Gabe if he fought her

ferryberry
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ferryberry »

shilohjulia wrote:I thought about it today when she was doing her makeup with Addie .. this child is just sitting there alone with her mother while her mother talks into a screen. A baby doesn't understand what a camera is or that she's recording to upload for strangers to watch. She just sees her mother talking to no one. When a baby sees an adult speaking it should be to another human being or to them. In any other circumstance, if Jess just say there and talked to a mirror for twenty minutes while holding Addie, she'd be batshit insane and Addie would be damaged by being exposed to that behavior.

Loool
I'm sorry but that's hilarious.
Now everytime I talk on the phone I'm gonna be paranoid my kid is going to get a complex!!
Shawn2011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

shilohjulia wrote:I thought about it today when she was doing her makeup with Addie .. this child is just sitting there alone with her mother while her mother talks into a screen. A baby doesn't understand what a camera is or that she's recording to upload for strangers to watch. She just sees her mother talking to no one. When a baby sees an adult speaking it should be to another human being or to them. In any other circumstance, if Jess just say there and talked to a mirror for twenty minutes while holding Addie, she'd be batshit insane and Addie would be damaged by being exposed to that behavior.

You are massively reaching.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Shawn2011 wrote:

No she's not. Addie is going to get DaMaGeD and have a fear of video cameras and talk to inanimate objects and be committed

storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

missy-1010 wrote:
Shawn2011 wrote:

No she's not. Addie is going to get DaMaGeD and have a fear of video cameras and talk to inanimate objects and be committed

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

NaNaBrianna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NaNaBrianna »

I feel like Jessss has been reading here a lot more lately and she’s getting kinda snippy.

Her thumbnail on the “I don’t know how to do my makeup and I don’t care!” video and her snippy response to putty a diaper on Addy after her bath tonight.

Keep on reading on Jesssss!

Roisin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Roisin »

jesus WHY is jess so obsessed with her kids teeth. she brought up lilias loose teeth in every video for like two weeks and now shes finally lost them shes still talking about it! its so weird.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Roisin wrote:jesus WHY is jess so obsessed with her kids teeth. she brought up lilias loose teeth in every video for like two weeks and now shes finally lost them shes still talking about it! its so weird.
Because once they outgrow Her favorite tit ducking stage she has to find other milestones to get excited about
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

I just found it funny in janell's new video Lilia made it a point to show off her missing teeth. Since her mom makes such a huge deal out of it she must think it is so important
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

is this a Halloween bathing suit???
UGLY
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 6e6d15.jpg[/img]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
georgiapeach19
Talker
Talker

Unread post by georgiapeach19 »

webby wrote:is this a Halloween bathing suit???
UGLY
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 6e6d15.jpg[/img]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
I think it's cute! I liked the bow that want with it too.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Return to “JesssFam”