Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Ditto. We're going through something similar with my MIL right now. Does she need to keep a half-empty cannister of Tang that expired in 2011? No, of course not, but she is a headstrong lady and I think she would fade really fast without her dignity. The Tang thing is funny in a way (and is by no means the wackiest or least valuable thing she insists on keeping), but I'm not exactly featuring her in a video that will be seen by thousands of people (probably including many that she knows personally) either.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ she was also very patronizing and condescending throughout and a lot of their things were referred to as "trash" or "garbage."

It was pretty terrible. Go back and read the thread from that time. We were just starting to see the light with E&J, but I remember people thinking they were being assholes.
Do you know which thread it is or roughly when it happened?
It's in part 9. Feb 7, 2017.

Disclaimer: There was a big divide on this board at the time. Some posters had started questioning E&J and others weren't too happy about it Image
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I get that they were videoing inappropriately.. I couldn't or wouldn't video that type of situation.. Not going to look up the vlog.. Might check out the thread .
But they are idiots and they think they are funny (insert Ellies fake horse teeth laugh)
But it is an over whelming situation..all around.. That's what I was getting at.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:I get that they were videoing inappropriately.. I couldn't or wouldn't video that type of situation.. Not going to look up the vlog.. Might check out the thread .
But they are idiots and they think they are funny (insert Ellies fake horse teeth laugh)
But it is an over whelming situation..all around.. That's what I was getting at.

I honestly don't think anyone would fault them for feeling overwhelmed, or not knowing what to say when confronted with someone wanting to keep years-old frozen persimmons because "I might want to make cookies". And they could have vlogged about that and been sensitive to the Mechams. But they didn't. And I think that's where people take issue. It's not that they felt that way or even that they joked about it. But because they were so insensitive and dismissive of the Mecham's dignity. But they are often guilty of over sharing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by amyfalafal »

re: moving your parents
konmari that shit. I've got my parents into konmari as they're moving to a different country and need less things to bring in the massive shipping container!
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Kinda off topic and personal but I think it’s pretty funny! When we moved my grandma out of her home of 40+ years in 2001, there was a jar of spaghetti sauce in the freezer labeled July 1975! To be fair, she grew up during the depression so she never wanted to throw food away but you wouldn’t believe the stuff we found in her house. Again, we weren’t filming or making fun of her but spending any amount of time in a home obviously accumulates a lot of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f4k_oyevey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by f4k_oyevey »

OT and personal as well, but, in 2003 we cleaned out my grandparents house of 40+ years and we found canned food that was dated 1978! Ha!

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by kittypurry »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... b6fd56.jpg[/img]

At least he's not extra crispy

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Why makes it worse us how emotionally and physically drained grandma and grandpa were during the whole process. Let's not first they house was be repossessed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

kittypurry wrote:
At least he's not extra crispy

If i thought Ellie had the mental capacity to do it, i would totally say she's got to be punking us at this point. But unfortunately i don't think Ellie is that smart, and really thinks comparing her child to a pot roast is cute.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... f1dc41.jpg[/img]

Her feet on that counter make me want to gag!

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

tnchk1187 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... f1dc41.jpg[/img]

90% of all of that probably went into the trash after the photo

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tnchk1187 wrote:

I was just coming here to comment on her nasty looking feet on the counter. Who want's to show dirty looking bare feet in a cooking video? Alos, why does she have to be so extra? All the thumbnail attention CANNOT be on the food Ellie prepared!!! She has to lay out on the counter like some Mormon Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition model.. ALL EYES ON ELLIE!!! ALL EYES ON ELLIE!!!! *plays Tupac in the background*
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Tupac ha.. I think they are more "woo" tang

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

onbreak wrote:Tupac ha.. I think they are more "woo" tang

This just made me snort laugh.. :lol:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tnchk1187 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... f1dc41.jpg[/img]

You can see how dirty her feet are! Ewww.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

If she's always cleaning like she tries to imply, how is her house that dirty?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

No matter how much you clean wood floors or stairs.. Your feet will turn black. You'd think living there for a year they'd know that

polly9033
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by polly9033 »

I used to be a fan of Ellie & Jared and watched their videos daily, but I can't make it through a single video now with them. Ellie seems very insecure and stuck on herself. I tried to watch the video today and she was showing off a toaster. I looked up the toaster and it costs $179....no joke!!! Who in their right mind pays that much for a toaster??? They are very irresponsible with their money and Jared reminds me of a lazy man who sits and plays games all day or surfs the net. Ugh! I'm glad that I found this discussion board and I'm not the only one who was once a fan and turned totally off by these simple minded, wasteful spending and show off people. I can't relate to them and they delete any comment that is not kissing their butts. No thanks. This board is much more fun because obviously I'm not alone in my thoughts about how repulsive Ellie and Jared have become. Has anyone watched JHouse Vlogs? I love that family. They are real, they are responsible in their spending, and they are not insecure. They're also educated. Ellie is a complete uneducated dingbat. She can't connect with the audience anymore.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

polly9033 wrote:I used to be a fan of Ellie & Jared and watched their videos daily, but I can't make it through a single video now with them. Ellie seems very insecure and stuck on herself. I tried to watch the video today and she was showing off a toaster. I looked up the toaster and it costs $179....no joke!!! Who in their right mind pays that much for a toaster??? They are very irresponsible with their money and Jared reminds me of a lazy man who sits and plays games all day or surfs the net. Ugh! I'm glad that I found this discussion board and I'm not the only one who was once a fan and turned totally off by these simple minded, wasteful spending and show off people. I can't relate to them and they delete any comment that is not kissing their butts. No thanks. This board is much more fun because obviously I'm not alone in my thoughts about how repulsive Ellie and Jared have become. Has anyone watched JHouse Vlogs? I love that family. They are real, they are responsible in their spending, and they are not insecure. They're also educated. Ellie is a complete uneducated dingbat. She can't connect with the audience anymore.
179$ for a toaster .. Wonder what the crepe griddle budget is??

Return to “Ellie and Jared”