staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by staceymj »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: This is actually one thing that makes me mad!! They live in a TINY town and Joel totally put one family - probably one of the few non-LDS families in town - on BLAST for being "unhappy" and sending their child to school to bully other kids. WHAT THE FUCK???!! They are both at fault for posting that information online for everyone to see. I'm sure all the kids, parents and teachers at the elementary school have watched that now. I doubt her meddling will improve the situation!!!

They really need to make better judgment calls about what they post on YT for the WORLD (and all of their small town) to see. Bonnie and Joel are literally BULLYING this other family and their child by posting this ONLINE!!
For the record... their tiny town is made up of almost 50K people and while is 86% LDS, that still means that 14% are not. But really, we don't know that the family in question isn't LDS. As we've seen from some religious vloggers, that doesn't mean your home life is perfect. Not at all.

The Duggers had molestation issues and they are FLDS!
The Duggars are NOT FLDS - that's a sect of the Mormon church that promotes plural marriage. The Duggars are something unrelated to the Mormon church.

50K is a TINY town and everyone there will likely know everyone else - especially through church!! It's the same size as the town the Butlers live (Pocatello) and that place was the most NOSY, busy-body, isolated, religious FREAK town I've ever lived. I'm SURE everyone in Logan knows these vlogger families!! I'm sure the non-LDS families are treated differently than the Mormon families in their town - I know from experience that's how it works in this strange area of the world.

Utah/SE Idaho is a VERY different place! Have any of you lived there? If not, then you really don't understand how Mormon and WEIRD it really is!
I would not call a town of 50k people tiny. I grew up in a town with 2,000 people. That’s tiny. 50k is a lot of people, not a huge city by any means but it’s not tiny. But I don’t doubt that in a town like Logan most people would know each other, it seems like the type of place with generations of families where everyone grew up with each other so it is probably a pretty tight knit town which gives it that small town feel.

I can’t get over how quickly Lincoln’s vocabulary is coming in. He is so adorable I can’t even deal with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Exactly-- now everyone knows she called the principal. It could escalate it or make people tease Olivia for "running to Mommy". I just don't think it should be on the vlog. I get that they share their lives, but some things shouldn't be put on the internet for public entertainment.
This is actually one thing that makes me mad!! They live in a TINY town and Joel totally put one family - probably one of the few non-LDS families in town - on BLAST for being "unhappy" and sending their child to school to bully other kids. WHAT THE FUCK???!! They are both at fault for posting that information online for everyone to see. I'm sure all the kids, parents and teachers at the elementary school have watched that now. I doubt her meddling will improve the situation!!!

They really need to make better judgment calls about what they post on YT for the WORLD (and all of their small town) to see. Bonnie and Joel are literally BULLYING this other family and their child by posting this ONLINE!!
How are they putting this family on blast and putting so much information out there? They did the exact opposite and mentioned without any information at all. We have no idea who the family is. We don't if they're Mormon. We don't know the child's age, grade or sex. We literally know nothing about this child or family. All we know is that ONE child in the entire school did some type of bullying/inappropriate thing. It could be literally anybody.
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Exactly-- now everyone knows she called the principal. It could escalate it or make people tease Olivia for "running to Mommy". I just don't think it should be on the vlog. I get that they share their lives, but some things shouldn't be put on the internet for public entertainment.

This is actually one thing that makes me mad!! They live in a TINY town and Joel totally put one family - probably one of the few non-LDS families in town - on BLAST for being "unhappy" and sending their child to school to bully other kids. WHAT THE FUCK???!! They are both at fault for posting that information online for everyone to see. I'm sure all the kids, parents and teachers at the elementary school have watched that now. I doubt her meddling will improve the situation!!!

How are they putting this family on blast and putting so much information out there? They did the exact opposite and mentioned without any information at all. We have no idea who the family is. We don't if they're Mormon. We don't know the child's age, grade or sex. We literally know nothing about this child or family. All we know is that ONE child in the entire school did some type of bullying/inappropriate thing. It could be literally anybody.
They need to actually think about their kids for once. I’m sure the community knows they vlog. I’m sure they watch their vlogs. Posting about it is only going to add fuel to the fire. Some things should be kept private from the internet. If it doesn’t make any possible bullying worse, it’s just going to lead to embarrassment for the kids, if not now, in the future. They should have handled it privately with the school and parents of the child. Just because you can make money off it if, doesn’t mean you should. Bonnie has no sense of personal boundaries when it comes to her children. Going back to the nail biting and bed wetting.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Um...nobody knows who this family and child is at all. They didn't give out any identifying information whatsoever. There could only be 5 other families in their town and you still wouldn't know who they were talking about. Get real.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Defuego wrote:Um...nobody knows who this family and child is at all. They didn't give out any identifying information whatsoever. There could only be 5 other families in their town and you still wouldn't know who they were talking about. Get real.
But everyone at their school WILL KNOW!! Get real, it's a small town, an elementary school and a "famous" YT family spouting off on their vlog about an incident that should be private!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

It's possible her "meddling" could actually help some of the other students that may also be subject to whatever the Hoellein kids were.

Having school aged kids is unbelievably hard, and I don't think you realize how normal that conversation (and Joel and Bonnie's different reactions to it) were. The problem was in POSTING IT, and not at all in how it was handled.
That's what we're saying. I don't have a problem with her calling the principal, but vlogging it. That was a bad idea all the way around. Believe me, I've been through having school age kids, and my son had some definite issues because of his Asperger's. There was an assembly with the parents of the first girl killed at Columbine, and these kids saw him eating lunch alone (which he wanted to do) and tried to befriend him and hug him. Which was sweet, but not what he wanted. We definitely got called into the principal's office after his reaction. I don't think very many people are saying she necessarily handled it badly, just that she shouldn't have posted it on her vlog for everyone in town to see.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

lmmomSD wrote: That's what we're saying. I don't have a problem with her calling the principal, but vlogging it. That was a bad idea all the way around. Believe me, I've been through having school age kids, and my son had some definite issues because of his Asperger's. There was an assembly with the parents of the first girl killed at Columbine, and these kids saw him eating lunch alone (which he wanted to do) and tried to befriend him and hug him. Which was sweet, but not what he wanted. We definitely got called into the principal's office after his reaction. I don't think very many people are saying she necessarily handled it badly, just that she shouldn't have posted it on her vlog for everyone in town to see.

Most people are in agreement that it would have been better to not vlog it. While I agree, this is a tough one for me because I watch YouTubers to relate to them. Being a mom is really hard, and one of the hardest things is sending your kids to school every day. I realize it's bad for her to post, but at the same time, I appreciated hearing the story and knowing it's not just my family who has a hard time with these things. I guess you could say we are all part of the problem. I'm not interested in watching vloggers that aren't open and relatable.

Some people on this board (not you) do need to chill though. Bonnie Hoellein isn't big shit in Logan Utah. Comparing her to the Butlers... a large family centred around a radio personality that moved to CA and became rich and famous and then who later started a clothing line... is a bit much. My kids go to a school that only has 250 kids. I don't even know all the parents! But sure, in a town of 50k everyone knows each other :P
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: That's what we're saying. I don't have a problem with her calling the principal, but vlogging it. That was a bad idea all the way around. Believe me, I've been through having school age kids, and my son had some definite issues because of his Asperger's. There was an assembly with the parents of the first girl killed at Columbine, and these kids saw him eating lunch alone (which he wanted to do) and tried to befriend him and hug him. Which was sweet, but not what he wanted. We definitely got called into the principal's office after his reaction. I don't think very many people are saying she necessarily handled it badly, just that she shouldn't have posted it on her vlog for everyone in town to see.

Most people are in agreement that it would have been better to not vlog it. While I agree, this is a tough one for me because I watch YouTubers to relate to them. Being a mom is really hard, and one of the hardest things is sending your kids to school every day. I realize it's bad for her to post, but at the same time, I appreciated hearing the story and knowing it's not just my family who has a hard time with these things. I guess you could say we are all part of the problem. I'm not interested in watching vloggers that aren't open and relatable.

Some people on this board (not you) do need to chill though. Bonnie Hoellein isn't big shit in Logan Utah. Comparing her to the Butlers... a large family centred around a radio personality that moved to CA and became rich and famous and then who later started a clothing line... is a bit much. My kids go to a school that only has 250 kids. I don't even know all the parents! But sure, in a town of 50k everyone knows each other :P
This is a gossip site. I don't like Bonnie. You can disagree (and I know you do), but I don't care! We all have opinions and that's what this site is for.
Last edited by ewokfan11 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
menehune
Informer
Informer

ewokfan11 wrote:
The Duggars are NOT FLDS - that's a sect of the Mormon church that promotes plural marriage. The Duggars are something unrelated to the Mormon church.

50K is a TINY town and everyone there will likely know everyone else - especially through church!! It's the same size as the town the Butlers live (Pocatello) and that place was the most NOSY, busy-body, isolated, religious FREAK town I've ever lived. I'm SURE everyone in Logan knows these vlogger families!! I'm sure the non-LDS families are treated differently than the Mormon families in their town - I know from experience that's how it works in this strange area of the world.

Utah/SE Idaho is a VERY different place! Have any of you lived there? If not, then you really don't understand how Mormon and WEIRD it really is!
1st of all, please calm down. It's possible that you don't realize that all your posts have an offensive tone to them. Its off-putting and not likely to help the argument you're trying to make.

2nd... the point HS was making is that even Christian families can have problems. Joel never said the family wasn't LDS, only that we don't know what their home life is like. Which we don't. You are reading way too much into something we know absolutely nothing about.

3rd. Its ok for us to have an opinion even though we haven't lived in UT. Sounds like you haven't either.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

1st of all, please calm down. It's possible that you don't realize that all your posts have an offensive tone to them. Its off-putting and not likely to help the argument you're trying to make.

2nd... the point HS was making is that even Christian families can have problems. Joel never said the family wasn't LDS, only that we don't know what their home life is like. Which we don't. You are reading way too much into something we know absolutely nothing about.

3rd. Its ok for us to have an opinion even though we haven't lived in UT. Sounds like you haven't either.
THIS IS A GOSSIP SITE. RELAX! If you all love Bonnie so much, WHY ARE YOU HERE???
menehune
Informer
Informer

ewokfan11 wrote:
menehune wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
THIS IS A GOSSIP SITE. RELAX! If you all love Bonnie so much, WHY ARE YOU HERE???
Are you a troll? Seriously, go back and read your own posts if you think I need to relax.

It's not that I love Bonnie. I admit her faults when I see them, but I disagree about the sweeping statements you're making about how they are encouraging their town to bully a child. That's so reaching you're going to pull something. I just think some of your points might be a bit better received if you didn't sounds so unhinged and at the end of your rope every time you post. Nothing you see on YT should make you THAT MAD.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
menehune wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Are you a troll? Seriously, go back and read your own posts if you think I need to relax.

It's not that I love Bonnie. I admit her faults when I see them, but I disagree about the sweeping statements you're making about how they are encouraging their town to bully a child. That's so reaching you're going to pull something. I just think some of your points might be a bit better received if you didn't sounds so unhinged and at the end of your rope every time you post. Nothing you see on YT should make you THAT MAD.[/quote]

ARE YOU INSANE? I never wrote anything remotely close to that. I just think it's WRONG for them to BLAST their private info online when it deals with another family!! They shouldn't have posted ANY of that story or anything about calling the principal...FFS they did if for VIEWS AND $$$$$$!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I don't even watch Bonnie but i do read here and i just have to chime in that 50K people is not by any means "tiny"... you want tiny?? I live in a town of 497 people.. NOT EVEN 500, that by ALL standards is TINY.. The population of our ENTIRE county is less than 25K... in my eye a town of 50K people is HUGE!!!!!!! That being said, my daughter's 7th grade class has 34 kids. (the entire 7th grade) and i only know about half the parents/siblings...
menehune
Informer
Informer

ewokfan11 wrote:

This is where you implied they were bullying the kid. I'm not going to argue with you further. I was actually trying to help you by suggesting your posts have a tone, but apparently you are incapable of hearing it.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

There really should be a separate thread here for people who LOVE Bonnie and people who don't! I'm tired of the fights and attacks when I'm legitimately giving my opinion.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

This is where you implied they were bullying the kid. I'm not going to argue with you further. I was actually trying to help you by suggesting your posts have a tone, but apparently you are incapable of hearing it.
How is that them encouraging their entire town to bully the family? I SAID THEY ARE BULLYING THE FAMILY by posting private info online. Can you read??
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

ewokfan11 wrote:There really should be a separate thread here for people who LOVE Bonnie and people who don't! I'm tired of the fights and attacks when I'm legitimately giving my opinion.
Thing is, you aren't just giving your opinion. You are shouting at others for not agreeing with your opinion. You've said it over and over again. Some people have agreed with you, but others have not. Pretty much everyone has said they shouldn't have posted it, but many posters disagreed with your initial point that Bonnie should have called the parent directly. This doesn't seem to be a Bonnie lover vs Bonnie hater issue, but more of a parent vs non-parent issue.

We don't need divided boards because most people like some things and hate others. Posters need to be able to state their point in a few posts and then WALK AWAY like the rule has always been on this board.
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

ewokfan11 wrote:There really should be a separate thread here for people who LOVE Bonnie and people who don't! I'm tired of the fights and attacks when I'm legitimately giving my opinion.

I didn't mean to like this post & I don't agree with having two separate threads. I think everyone should be able to state their opinion without arguing. But I will say this. I've noticed a lot of the time if someone nitpicks at something Bonnie does or says or someone expresses their dislike for her it usually turns to some shit. A lot of nitpicking happens on E & J's thread but for the most part its ignored. I'll just leave it at that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Kay91_ wrote:

I didn't mean to like this post & I don't agree with having two separate threads. I think everyone should be able to state their opinion without arguing. But I will say this. I've noticed a lot of the time if someone nitpicks at something Bonnie does or says or someone expresses their dislike for her it usually turns to some shit. A lot of nitpicking happens on E & J's thread but for the most part its ignored. I'll just leave it at that.
E&J's thread is basically dead. There was a huge argument about tax deductions just last week though. Believe me, there was a time that board had an equal mix of positivity and negativity too and it's fair share of arguments. Now it's mostly negative because people are pretty much done with them. Plus they aren't relatable.

These boards were created to be discussion boards. They don't have to be all hate for gates sake. It's ok to have both positive and negative reactions and still remain civil. A well phrased argument is better than shouting at other posters and dismissing their opinions as invalid just because they love Bonnie.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I definitely don't love Bonnie. I generally enjoy her vlogs because her kids are cute and it's good to see kids playing like kids used to, outside or with toys rather than glued to a tablet all day. I don't love Bonnie but I'm also not going to act like she's this horrible monster who is bullying a family or child. Fact is, you can't identify the child or their family by what Bonnie said. It's just not possible. She didn't give out any identifying information. I could hate her and still realize this.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”