8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Unread post by seriously7 »

ujvs_ wrote:Wait did Kevin say "roast beef hanging from your nips" when he was singing or am I hearing things??
Lips, not nips.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

seriously7 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:Let's play a game.
Every time Ruby looses a kid, we take a shot.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

I'm convinced she does it on purpose. How hard is it to tell your kids to stay near you. She probably went to put Eve's shoes on or grab the vlog camera and he ran off, but instead of stopping him she just let him go for her precious "good footage". It won't be so funny when one of then really gets lost or taken.
Yes, I definitely think it's set up. Actually I'm beginning to think that a lot of the crap on her videos is set up-- which certainly doesn't make it any better!
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sorry, double post. I just want to give credit where I think it's due. I was really impressed with Ruby's idea of letting the kids manage the Halloween party. The budget seemed reasonable and it teaches them some good skills.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

Kryptonite wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:Let's play a game.
Every time Ruby looses a kid, we take a shot.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
No thank you. Alcohol poisoning doesn't seem fun.

_________

#StayPuffy
I can’t get over the stay puffy signature! Every time I see it, I think of Ruby! ImageImage
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
skrt09 wrote:Hi all! I have been lurking these forums for a while, and I decided to make an account!
Kevin has 6 older half-siblings...some are probably older than Ruby's parents. He also has *36* nieces & nephews, some of which are likely older than him too. It's interesting that they're never even talked about in the vlogs.

Did Kevin ever mention that his mom's name is Shari? I found this article celebrating his dad's birthday:
http://www.standard.net/Birthdays/2014/ ... iam-Franke
Welcome! Thanks for the info! That's weird... 36 nieces and nephews, some older than him? I guess with that many brothers and sisters, and them being Mormon, it shouldn't surprise me. I mean, even Ellie has what, 12 nieces and nephews? Probably more because I didn't count Beau's kids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
the article actually says that Donald (Kevin's father) has 36 grandchildren and that includes Kevin's 6. So Kevin has 30 nieces and nephews and that divided by 6 (number of siblings) is only 5. 5 kids is pretty normal given they're Mormons
Ruby has 11 nieces and nephews and at least two of her siblings (Beau and Ellie) will probably try for more kids in the future
I don’t know why... but I find it really repulsive that he has that many members in his family.

30 (and maybe more) nieces and nephews on his side alone?!

Maybe this reaction says more about me than them lol Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
skrt09 wrote:Hi all! I have been lurking these forums for a while, and I decided to make an account!
Kevin has 6 older half-siblings...some are probably older than Ruby's parents. He also has *36* nieces & nephews, some of which are likely older than him too. It's interesting that they're never even talked about in the vlogs.

Did Kevin ever mention that his mom's name is Shari? I found this article celebrating his dad's birthday:
http://www.standard.net/Birthdays/2014/ ... iam-Franke
Welcome! Thanks for the info! That's weird... 36 nieces and nephews, some older than him? I guess with that many brothers and sisters, and them being Mormon, it shouldn't surprise me. I mean, even Ellie has what, 12 nieces and nephews? Probably more because I didn't count Beau's kids.

the article actually says that Donald (Kevin's father) has 36 grandchildren and that includes Kevin's 6. So Kevin has 30 nieces and nephews and that divided by 6 (number of siblings) is only 5. 5 kids is pretty normal given they're Mormons
Ruby has 11 nieces and nephews and at least two of her siblings (Beau and Ellie) will probably try for more kids in the future
I don’t know why... but I find it really repulsive that he has that many members in his family.

30 (and maybe more) nieces and nephews on his side alone?!

Maybe this reaction says more about me than them lol Image

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

Once again Ruby gets her dates wrong
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I'm kind of late on this, but I wonder how Shari feels about the fact that her mom posted footage of her crying about her grades... If I was in her shoes, I would be pissed...lol. I wonder how much she's gotten teased in school about it? Probably not anything malicious, but I'm willing to bet she's gotten several, "Did you really cry over an A-?" type of comments.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hey Ruby, maybe you don't care about how cringey all that silly dancing you do is, but I do. Please knock it off, it makes me most of us feel uncomfortable and sorry for your kids. You look totally ridiculous!
strawberry_smoothie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by strawberry_smoothie »

Why do they have a massive 8 Passengers sticker on the back of their obnoxious van? Do they want people to stop them/follow them?
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

strawberry_smoothie wrote:Why do they have a massive 8 Passengers sticker on the back of their obnoxious van? Do they want people to stop them/follow them?
I saw that and I wonder if they are doing it so they can write off the van as an income tax deduction for business purposes.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Ugh. How obnoxious that they’re camping in the van and playing xbox. They are going to ruin the evening for everyone by showing that they are too “cool” for scary stories by the fire and roughing it out in a tent for a night. That kind of shitty attitude is contagious amongst kids and is going to spread to the kids who were genuinely excited to camp out. The whole point of camping with kids is to unplug, remove yourself from your usual environment and connect with eachother in nature. If I were one of the other parents I’d be pissed.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Yeah I was surprised that Kevin let the boys bring the Xbox. They can’t go 1 night without it? Him and Ruby were the ones harping about the kids being attached to electronic, and when he’s given an opportunity to show his kids they don’t need technology at every given moment, they take it camping..

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Not trying to defend them by any means, because I could be wrong, but I got the feeling the Xbox was for the drive? I thought Chad was just joking about actually using it while they're there.

Also, I thought it was reaaalllyyyy annoying how Ruby was literally trying to pry Chad's mouth open with the camera shoved in his face. Once again, no boundaries/awareness. Chad was clearly uncomfortable..... Ruby's just determined to do anything for views, even if that means making her kids uncomfortable.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

What happened to going on a car trip and playing eye spy? I feel like an irritable old lady but xbox in the CAR???? Wow.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:What happened to going on a car trip and playing eye spy? I feel like an irritable old lady but xbox in the CAR???? Wow.
Some kids can't go a half mile without a screen. I'm with you. We played games, or read, once I got past my carsick stage. When my kids were little, we listened to books on tape for long drives. When we had to do a 10 hour trip, I did buy a little DVD player for the car. But before that, we drove a lot in Washington State because the nearest Target was 40 minutes away, and we just listened to music. Not Disney music either. Pearl Jam, Hootie and the Blowfish, stuff like that. I don't get allowing your kids to be so unable to entertain themselves that they can't sit for a meal in a restaurant or ride in the car for 15 minutes without a screen.
Old lady rant over.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

lmmomSD wrote:
natalka81 wrote:What happened to going on a car trip and playing eye spy? I feel like an irritable old lady but xbox in the CAR???? Wow.
Some kids can't go a half mile without a screen. I'm with you. We played games, or read, once I got past my carsick stage. When my kids were little, we listened to books on tape for long drives. When we had to do a 10 hour trip, I did buy a little DVD player for the car. But before that, we drove a lot in Washington State because the nearest Target was 40 minutes away, and we just listened to music. Not Disney music either. Pearl Jam, Hootie and the Blowfish, stuff like that. I don't get allowing your kids to be so unable to entertain themselves that they can't sit for a meal in a restaurant or ride in the car for 15 minutes without a screen.
Old lady rant over.

I’m the same, we only bring the DVD player out for long drives, if it’s 1-3 hours they just have toys, colouring books etc. kids are so reliant on screens these days and have no idea how to entertain themselves.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Yeah we never had cool stuff, I guess we did have a VCR in our van (I'm that old lol) so we watched All Dogs to go Heaven (because that is all we had lol) most of the time we just colored and I wrote letters to my friends or took a nap.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

sasperillo wrote:Ugh. How obnoxious that they’re camping in the van and playing xbox. They are going to ruin the evening for everyone by showing that they are too “cool” for scary stories by the fire and roughing it out in a tent for a night. That kind of shitty attitude is contagious amongst kids and is going to spread to the kids who were genuinely excited to camp out. The whole point of camping with kids is to unplug, remove yourself from your usual environment and connect with eachother in nature. If I were one of the other parents I’d be pissed.

It's obvious Ruby was pissed but there was little she could do this time. I give her credit for trying to encourage them to have a real camping experience. She did try, but Kevin gave in to spoiled Chad.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Well he is spoiled thanks to them. Chad is a child and only 12, no age at all so they need to stop fast cause it won't get any easier once he turns 14, 15 and older. What bothers me is that she would never let the girls get away with such behavior as the strict rules are still lurking somewhere...

Return to “8 Passengers”