• Advertisement

8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Re: 8 Remodeled Passengers | Part 6

Postby Tiger27 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:29 am

Just an interesting tidbit of information from a nurse who recently learned about this in a peds class...

The BRAT diet is actually not recommended for kiddos anymore..it doesn't provide enough nutrients to aide in proper healing, can lead to more dehydration, and there's not much evidence backing up it's effectiveness at accomplishing much of anything. Of course it might be "easier" on the tummy initially but a lot of parents were actually making kids sicker or take longer to heal with this restrictive diet. The diet is often carried out for way too long and/or kids weren't getting enough essential nutrients or were being dehydrated more. It's now recommended to let kids get back to a normal (but healthy/balanced) diet as soon as possible...of course that doesn't mean common sense should be lost. Foods that can upset your stomach even when you aren't sick should still be avoided (see: giant milkshake). I highly doubt Ruby keeps up on the latest recommendations for pediatric health though and am pretty sure she's just feeding them her typical junk diet for the heck of it.

Here's some articles/evidence on it that explains it way better than me in case anyone cares lol.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/th ... t#section7
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2012/0601/p1066.html
Tiger27
Informer

Advertisement

Postby sasperillo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:07 am

prizzleberry wrote:
sasperillo wrote:
prizzleberry wrote:
Mormons (or LDS) are not polygamists. You're thinking of those religions that branched off from the LDS church. According to the article, his dad had six children with his first wife, then remarried after a divorce and had Kevin with his second wife.

You’re right that Kevin’s dad is obviously not a polygamist. But polygamy was a part of LDS and directly espoused by Josheph Smith. They fought hard against the US government to keep practicing and eventually had to give it up in the 1890s. Those who practice polygamy today are not recognized by the LDS church but the concept didn’t come from some small group who broke away- it was at the core of the LDS church since it’s inception.

I didn't say members of the LDS church didn't practice polygamy historically. You suggested that "since Kevin's family is Mormon" his half siblings might be the result of his dad having multiple wives. Not sure why you'd suggest that, unless maybe Kevin's dad was around before 1890, when the LDS church stopped practicing polygamy. It's pretty ignorant to admit that you know the LDS church no longer practices polygamy, yet make comments to the contrary.

I did not suggest that- maybe before being condescending and calling others ignorant look who you’re interacting with. Your answer was misleading and historically incorrect (“those other religions that branched off” are literally the people who stuck to the principles of the religion-if anything it is Modern LDS who branched off, just like Protestants branched off from Catholicism. They are not a separate religion, they are just no longer recognized by mainstream LDS. The person who made the comment about polygamy was either joking or uninformed/confused about Mormons- that is why I provided a more accurate representation of what the deal with Mormonism and polygamy is.
sasperillo
Gossiper

Postby Whotiesyourshoes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:41 am

I’m gonna go out on a big fat limb here and say ruby regrets buying that obnoxious van. They hardly ever seem to use it and I’m not convinced she sold her other van like she said she did. I say she comes up with a bs excuse on why they have to get rid of it and downsized again here quickly. What a stupid purchase
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:27 am

Whotiesyourshoes wrote:I’m gonna go out on a big fat limb here and say ruby regrets buying that obnoxious van. They hardly ever seem to use it and I’m not convinced she sold her other van like she said she did. I say she comes up with a bs excuse on why they have to get rid of it and downsized again here quickly. What a stupid purchase

she didn't want to buy the van in the first place so I'm honestly not surprised she doesn't like it
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby pleasecleanyourhouse » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 am

lmmomSD wrote:
skrt09 wrote:Hi all! I have been lurking these forums for a while, and I decided to make an account!

sasperillo wrote:Remind me: does Kevin have siblings? I vaguely remember someone mentioning them but I don't think I've ever seen them. I also vaguely remember some kind of festivity in which they had loads of tables out at the Franke's and that made me think his family must also be very large. Ruby sees her siblings so often, I wonder why Kevin doesn't. Especially on his birthday- he gets Julie and her husband...

Kevin has 6 older half-siblings...some are probably older than Ruby's parents. He also has *36* nieces & nephews, some of which are likely older than him too. It's interesting that they're never even talked about in the vlogs.

Did Kevin ever mention that his mom's name is Shari? I found this article celebrating his dad's birthday:
http://www.standard.net/Birthdays/2014/09/28/Happy-80th-Birthday-Donald-William-Franke
Welcome! Thanks for the info! That's weird... 36 nieces and nephews, some older than him? I guess with that many brothers and sisters, and them being Mormon, it shouldn't surprise me. I mean, even Ellie has what, 12 nieces and nephews? Probably more because I didn't count Beau's kids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

the article actually says that Donald (Kevin's father) has 36 grandchildren and that includes Kevin's 6. So Kevin has 30 nieces and nephews and that divided by 6 (number of siblings) is only 5. 5 kids is pretty normal given they're Mormons
Ruby has 11 nieces and nephews and at least two of her siblings (Beau and Ellie) will probably try for more kids in the future
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker

Postby ujvs_ » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:44 am

Wait did Kevin say "roast beef hanging from your nips" when he was singing or am I hearing things??
ujvs_
Amateur

Postby onbreak » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am

Wonder if they will watch Big Mouth on Netflix?
Might help ruby understand the boys lol

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper

Postby ACarATorchAJess » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:20 am

Let's play a game.
Every time Ruby looses a kid, we take a shot.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper

Postby seriously7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 am

ACarATorchAJess wrote:Let's play a game.

I'm convinced she does it on purpose. How hard is it to tell your kids to stay near you. She probably went to put Eve's shoes on or grab the vlog camera and he ran off, but instead of stopping him she just let him go for her precious "good footage". It won't be so funny when one of then really gets lost or taken.
seriously7
Gossiper

Postby seriously7 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:10 am

ujvs_ wrote:Wait did Kevin say "roast beef hanging from your nips" when he was singing or am I hearing things??

Lips, not nips.
seriously7
Gossiper

Postby natalka81 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:45 pm

seriously7 wrote:

I'm convinced she does it on purpose. How hard is it to tell your kids to stay near you. She probably went to put Eve's shoes on or grab the vlog camera and he ran off, but instead of stopping him she just let him go for her precious "good footage". It won't be so funny when one of then really gets lost or taken.

Yes, I definitely think it's set up. Actually I'm beginning to think that a lot of the crap on her videos is set up-- which certainly doesn't make it any better!
natalka81
Gossiper

Postby natalka81 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Sorry, double post. I just want to give credit where I think it's due. I was really impressed with Ruby's idea of letting the kids manage the Halloween party. The budget seemed reasonable and it teaches them some good skills.
natalka81
Gossiper

Postby Kryptonite » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:09 pm

No thank you. Alcohol poisoning doesn't seem fun.

_________

#StayPuffy
#StayPuffy

Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby yoyo16 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm

Kryptonite wrote:

No thank you. Alcohol poisoning doesn't seem fun.

_________

#StayPuffy

I can’t get over the stay puffy signature! Every time I see it, I think of Ruby!
yoyo16
Informer

Postby chatty » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:16 pm

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
skrt09 wrote:Hi all! I have been lurking these forums for a while, and I decided to make an account!

[quote="sasperillo"]Remind me: does Kevin have siblings? I vaguely remember someone mentioning them but I don't think I've ever seen them. I also vaguely remember some kind of festivity in which they had loads of tables out at the Franke's and that made me think his family must also be very large. Ruby sees her siblings so often, I wonder why Kevin doesn't. Especially on his birthday- he gets Julie and her husband...

Kevin has 6 older half-siblings...some are probably older than Ruby's parents. He also has *36* nieces & nephews, some of which are likely older than him too. It's interesting that they're never even talked about in the vlogs.

Did Kevin ever mention that his mom's name is Shari? I found this article celebrating his dad's birthday:
http://www.standard.net/Birthdays/2014/09/28/Happy-80th-Birthday-Donald-William-Franke
Welcome! Thanks for the info! That's weird... 36 nieces and nephews, some older than him? I guess with that many brothers and sisters, and them being Mormon, it shouldn't surprise me. I mean, even Ellie has what, 12 nieces and nephews? Probably more because I didn't count Beau's kids.

the article actually says that Donald (Kevin's father) has 36 grandchildren and that includes Kevin's 6. So Kevin has 30 nieces and nephews and that divided by 6 (number of siblings) is only 5. 5 kids is pretty normal given they're Mormons
Ruby has 11 nieces and nephews and at least two of her siblings (Beau and Ellie) will probably try for more kids in the future[/quote]

I don’t know why... but I find it really repulsive that he has that many members in his family.

30 (and maybe more) nieces and nephews on his side alone?!

Maybe this reaction says more about me than them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chatty
Talker

Postby chatty » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:17 pm

pleasecleanyourhouse wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

[quote="sasperillo"]Remind me: does Kevin have siblings? I vaguely remember someone mentioning them but I don't think I've ever seen them. I also vaguely remember some kind of festivity in which they had loads of tables out at the Franke's and that made me think his family must also be very large. Ruby sees her siblings so often, I wonder why Kevin doesn't. Especially on his birthday- he gets Julie and her husband...

Ruby has 11 nieces and nephews and at least two of her siblings (Beau and Ellie) will probably try for more kids in the future[/quote]

I don’t know why... but I find it really repulsive that he has that many members in his family.

30 (and maybe more) nieces and nephews on his side alone?!

Maybe this reaction says more about me than them lol

chatty
Talker

Postby shortstop » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:44 am

Once again Ruby gets her dates wrong
shortstop
Gossiper

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:35 am

I'm kind of late on this, but I wonder how Shari feels about the fact that her mom posted footage of her crying about her grades... If I was in her shoes, I would be pissed...lol. I wonder how much she's gotten teased in school about it? Probably not anything malicious, but I'm willing to bet she's gotten several, "Did you really cry over an A-?" type of comments.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby seriously7 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:31 am

Hey Ruby, maybe you don't care about how cringey all that silly dancing you do is, but I do. Please knock it off, it makes me most of us feel uncomfortable and sorry for your kids. You look totally ridiculous!
seriously7
Gossiper

Postby strawberry_smoothie » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:16 am

Why do they have a massive 8 Passengers sticker on the back of their obnoxious van? Do they want people to stop them/follow them?
strawberry_smoothie
Talker

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 am

strawberry_smoothie wrote:Why do they have a massive 8 Passengers sticker on the back of their obnoxious van? Do they want people to stop them/follow them?

I saw that and I wonder if they are doing it so they can write off the van as an income tax deduction for business purposes.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer

Postby sasperillo » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 am

Ugh. How obnoxious that they’re camping in the van and playing xbox. They are going to ruin the evening for everyone by showing that they are too “cool” for scary stories by the fire and roughing it out in a tent for a night. That kind of shitty attitude is contagious amongst kids and is going to spread to the kids who were genuinely excited to camp out. The whole point of camping with kids is to unplug, remove yourself from your usual environment and connect with eachother in nature. If I were one of the other parents I’d be pissed.
sasperillo
Gossiper

Postby freshbalsam » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:22 am

Yeah I was surprised that Kevin let the boys bring the Xbox. They can’t go 1 night without it? Him and Ruby were the ones harping about the kids being attached to electronic, and when he’s given an opportunity to show his kids they don’t need technology at every given moment, they take it camping..

freshbalsam
Informer

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:33 am

Not trying to defend them by any means, because I could be wrong, but I got the feeling the Xbox was for the drive? I thought Chad was just joking about actually using it while they're there.

Also, I thought it was reaaalllyyyy annoying how Ruby was literally trying to pry Chad's mouth open with the camera shoved in his face. Once again, no boundaries/awareness. Chad was clearly uncomfortable..... Ruby's just determined to do anything for views, even if that means making her kids uncomfortable.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby natalka81 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:00 pm

What happened to going on a car trip and playing eye spy? I feel like an irritable old lady but xbox in the CAR???? Wow.
natalka81
Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to 8 Passengers