DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by cat9480 »

honeybear wrote:I'm sure this is very nitpicky of me, but how can they not recognize their own dog? Maybe I am just the strange one, but I would be able to know it was my dog instantly from photos.
I had this thought, too. I guess if it had been a couple weeks and she had lost weight or something, I could understand...but they just saw her that morning. Plus, responsible pet owners keep a list of identifying features in case their pet ever gets lost. I feel like I know every little spot my cats have because I want to be able to describe them to people if they ever get lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

cat9480 wrote:
honeybear wrote:I'm sure this is very nitpicky of me, but how can they not recognize their own dog? Maybe I am just the strange one, but I would be able to know it was my dog instantly from photos.
I had this thought, too. I guess if it had been a couple weeks and she had lost weight or something, I could understand...but they just saw her that morning. Plus, responsible pet owners keep a list of identifying features in case their pet ever gets lost. I feel like I know every little spot my cats have because I want to be able to describe them to people if they ever get lost!

Exactly. It's like identical twins. They might look the same to everyone else, but the parents can always tell them apart. I think it was a really sad indicator that they don't know Luna at all...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And one more time: WHY ISN'T SHE MICROCHIPPED???
Sorry, but that really pisses me off. They know she gets out, money isn't an issue, WTF?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Sorry, but that really pisses me off. They know she gets out, money isn't an issue, WTF?

She might be...a microchip only helps if she ends up at a shelter or vet. The average person has no way to scan to see if she has a chip.

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Who says stuff like this? I get wanting them to be little forever, but short. I wouldn't wish that on my kids.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 89999e.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Makennnzie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Makennnzie »

honeybear wrote:
cat9480 wrote:

Exactly. It's like identical twins. They might look the same to everyone else, but the parents can always tell them apart. I think it was a really sad indicator that they don't know Luna at all...

I was thinking that at first, but then I rewatched and I really think they just kept saying that for added dramatic effect. Because Missy would just keep talking about how how they had to go get her blah blah and Bryan was the one who kept forcing “OH EM GEE IF IT EVEN ISSSSS HER. WE DONT EVEN KNOWWWWW GUYSSSS”. You’d have to be a total idiot not to recognize your very distinguishable dog.

Anything to make it more dramatic than it really is.
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

"RIP mine and Ollie's pumpkins" -Brylard

It's a shame I'm not surprised by his grammatical errors anymore.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

cat9480 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

She might be...a microchip only helps if she ends up at a shelter or vet. The average person has no way to scan to see if she has a chip.
But you can take any pet to any vet (at least all that I know) and they will scan for free.

I HATE to say this, but I get the feeling M&B wouldn't mind if Luna went "missing" forever. They really seem to hate her and don't want to put in the work to take care of her. They are totally terrible pet owners!
heymallie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by heymallie »

These people want to have another kid to not take care of. They can’t even keep track of where Luna or Finn are in half their vlogs.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
cat9480 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:And one more time: WHY ISN'T SHE MICROCHIPPED???

But you can take any pet to any vet (at least all that I know) and they will scan for free.
True - they absolutely should microchip her. I’m just saying that we don’t know that she’s not already chipped, and that it’s not going to be a 100% reliable way to solve their problem of not being able to keep track of their animals. They need to get her a secure fence and a gps tracker or something.

sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by sammibro »

cat9480 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
cat9480 wrote: She might be...a microchip only helps if she ends up at a shelter or vet. The average person has no way to scan to see if she has a chip.
True - they absolutely should microchip her. I’m just saying that we don’t know that she’s not already chipped, and that it’s not going to be a 100% reliable way to solve their problem of not being able to keep track of their animals. They need to get her a secure fence and a gps tracker or something.

Very true about the GPS. We have two cats, and one slipped through the garage one night without us noticing. Thank goodness she was sitting next to the garage door when we came back home! We had no idea that little sneak was gone! We took her in the house, warmed her up, and went right back out to Walmart to get her and her sister little GPS things for their collars in case either of them snuck by us again! But it never happened again because we were extra diligent about knowing where both cats were before opening a door to go outside from then on out!

Edited to add that the Cat who escaped is completely black. No distinguishing features whatsoever. BUT... I can guarantee with about 99% certainly that I could pick her out of a group of ten cats because I know my little baby’s personality! I wouldn’t have doubts that she’s my Cat, and she doesn’t even have any markings!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I would be a basket case if my dog was missing. Like full out ugly crying, panic attack, melt down. There would be no watching footage, getting snippy with who *may* have found her, none of that. And I certainly wouldn't be in ANY condition to be filmed.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

cat9480 wrote:True - they absolutely should microchip her. I’m just saying that we don’t know that she’s not already chipped, and that it’s not going to be a 100% reliable way to solve their problem of not being able to keep track of their animals. They need to get her a secure fence and a gps tracker or something.
I'd be shocked if she's not chipped. She's certainly been to a vet and probably has the required county-issued dog license too. It just seems odd how Luna is always getting out and lost. Most people would LEARN the first time and make changes. Poor Luna.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I would be a basket case if my dog was missing. Like full out ugly crying, panic attack, melt down. There would be no watching footage, getting snippy with who *may* have found her, none of that. And I certainly wouldn't be in ANY condition to be filmed.
This is me as well. We know they are terrible pet owners. The sick thing is that are probably thinking this will be great content for tomorrow's (today's) vlog.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I know, but it's pretty easy to get the dog to a scanner. And I would think that Bryan would have made it known if she was, so that a) he looked like he was a caring, tech savvy owner, and b) to actually let people know that they could get her scanned if they found her.

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

You can take a dog to any vet, shelter, or police department and they will scan the pet for you. It's odd to me that Luna doesn't have a microchip. My dog's tags have fallen off before, no way would I rely on that completely.
Isn't it odd that sometimes Luna is seen in the crate all day long even when they're home yet other days she's outside unsupervised and they don't notice her missing for several hours? Thats weird. It's also weird to me to have a young dog outside unsupervised.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:You can take a dog to any vet, shelter, or police department and they will scan the pet for you. It's odd to me that Luna doesn't have a microchip. My dog's tags have fallen off before, no way would I rely on that completely.
Isn't it odd that sometimes Luna is seen in the crate all day long even when they're home yet other days she's outside unsupervised and they don't notice her missing for several hours? Thats weird. It's also weird to me to have a young dog outside unsupervised.

And we all know how important It is to Bryan that everyone knows how tech savvy he is. So not announcing that she is chipped in the "our puppy is missing" tweets makes me very suspicious that she isn't.

tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

It’s interesting how not long ago, Kelsey and Corbin did the missing dog prank and now just out of the blue Luna goes missing. I almost expected it to be a prank.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

They can chip her and have her dog tags, but that will not keep her from getting hit by a car. Either they use an invisible fence or get a better fence and gate. Even when I had four young children living at home, we never left the house without knowing where the dogs were. Oh and now they have 3 roosters!

solang3r
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by solang3r »

cat9480 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

My dog has a small little line tattooed on her belly and when we rescued her we were told that dogs who are microchipped get them.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”