cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyNightmaresBeforeChristmas Part #98

Unread post by cat9480 »

ewitsme wrote:
cat9480 wrote:Why are they hyping the kids up for Santa at like, 50 days out from Christmas? That is a LONG TIME for a little kid. If it comes up in conversation a couple times, fine...but Christmas onesies every night and talking about Santa landing on the lawn? That makes for a long wait for two very little kids.

And the Hatchimals Image I know it was just a big ad, but seriously? That’s a “big gift” for most kids, and most kids wait all year for Santa or their birthday to come for that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i dont think hatchimals was an ad, there was no disclaimer in the description or comments and no mention of the being sent in the video (and legally they have to acknowledge if it was sent to them by the company or if they were sponsoring) and i think theyre smart enough to know that by now considering their many sponsorship and commercials in the past. so they literally (probably) just spent 120 dollars (give or take) for some useless junk that the kids will enjoy once and then end up in the piles of toys they already have but never play with.
I think they are smart and know ways to get around this. It’s blatantly obvious that they feature all kinds of stuff without disclosing it. Whether they are just flat out ignoring the rules or being compensated in some way that makes it so they don’t have to disclose (gift cards? I not clear on whether they have to disclose that.), I don’t know - but I absolutely believe they use product placement in most of their vlogs. (Because who just happens to casually have a Snickers bar in their closet? LOL) Companies send vloggers free product in hopes that it will make an appearance in their vlogs. That’s not a true sponsorship - there’s no formal agreement, they aren’t being paid to advertise or even review it, they are just using it in their vlog.

I was using “advertisement” to mean they were sent those Hatchimals as a “gift” - with hope that they would make it into the vlog. I definitely think they have a stash of toys they are sent from companies, and they pull them out whenever they need to entertain the boys or they need filler vlog content. I don’t think they made money off of it, just got some free toys for their kids and an easy way to take some “time off” from filming.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Also, I will add that I think Bryan is quick to oblige these companies, because he wants their sponsorship. They send him free product with as an unstated request to vlog about it, he works it into the vlog informally, makes the company happy and shows he’s open to a potential sponsorship...they contact him and set up a formal sponsorship, which they then [hopefully] disclose. I don’t think this happens all the time, but I do think that is how is goes sometimes. Bryan loves to do shout outs to companies to try to get sponsorships.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

^^ just like with the froot Loop footage the other day. That was the most obvious product placement EVER.
ihartcatz
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ihartcatz »

<<<<Why were the so quick to believe ollie when he said that finn was the one who drew on their faces? The look on ollies face says otherwise, and i would think a 2 year old would write on carpet or the walls before he thought of doing it on his own face.. but who knows. It just made me sad to think that finn will always be the one to get in trouble as they get older because prince ollie would never do wrong. >>>>

I'm trying to quote^ from the previous thread. I know I'm a few days behind but I completely agree with this. My first thought was why would a 2 year old think to write on his face? Im pretty sure that was all Ollie!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Watching C&K today made me think about something. Gaines sang, unprompted, Itsy Bitsy Spider and several verses of Wheels on the Bus. It's terribly sad that Ollie can't even sing Happy Birthday, much less simple preschool songs like that. Do Missy and Bryan never sing anything like that with the boys or are they just allowed to sing "dada's" songs? How can Missy watch vlogs like that, with Gaines being pretty much half Ollie's age and not see that there is an issue?? (if she even watches her BFF's vlogs, which i really doubt she does.)
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

Strawberry26 wrote:Title Credit : Kish

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Holy hell, I’m offline for a few days – and then this happens!
Thank you so much, I consider it a honour! (reached a goal lol)

Also:
//Following//
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

The talking about product placements/sponsorship reminded me of something: A new online … well, I don’t quite know how to call it: a rule? A law?

— A new rule for bloggers was launched that instructs them to specify any product recommendation as an advertisement; even if the bloggers were not sponsored by the companies and are giving an honest recommendation about a product they genuinely love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Ollie's over-acting skills are getting so much better - almost as gross as BryLard's! hahaha Mithy baked 2 trays of cookies you guys - her official kitchen time is over for the month - well according to Bryan she's the best mom ever and he doesn't deserve her.....so all those women who work all week, take care of multiple kids on their own and do all the cooking are useless then I presume? #Perspective
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I hope Bryan isn't giving up his plant hobby. I think he really enjoyed it, and it was the first thing I had seen them invested in that wasn't just because someone else was doing it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

ewitsme wrote:
spacekitty wrote:The title of the vlog today was useless. Those boys don't even need anyone to play Santa...it's like Christmas everyday. They got hatchimals because of a sunny day they were cooped up? I skipped around in the vlog so I'm just getting that part from here. Regardless, Santa doesn't have a day off when it comes to the Lannings. That's why Ollie is so jaded. I just don't know how B&M are okay spoiling the hell out of their kids, and only with material things. Those kids are going to get over it FAST.
its gonna be a smack in the face when ollie (and finn) are tweens/teens and expect everything to be handed to them and mommy and daddy no longer had the money to support their spoiled lifestyle!
I can see it now!
Ollie: Can i go out with my friends tonight?
Missy: No you aren’t allowed to leave the house because you are so famous, honey.
Ollie: THEN BUY ME A NEW IPHONE MOM! IM BORED!
Bryan: ok Ollie, i just pre-order the iPhone 20 for you and one for Dada, it’s on its way.
Finn: *still locked in his room, sleeping on the floor* I wish i had a phone.
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

I’ll preface with saying I don’t have biological children. I do have guardianship of my nephew and have been raising him since birth and he is now almost 16 so I’m not totally in the dark when it comes to kids.
First of all, I was in the store only a few days ago and noticed a hatchimal display. I literally did a double take when I saw the price. That is ridiculous to be buying those things as frequently as they do and it’s almost Christmas why are they buying these things? I don’t think they are comprehending that if they get toys all the time there will be no specialness to Christmas, and that is sad.
And Missy saying she has a super power because she gave birth? That’s literally any woman. That’s not a super power, that’s biology. Now if you actually raise your child and work hard, ok. But she does not, sorry.
Also it bugs me so badly that they constantly shove them in front of a screen. It’s ok to watch a family movie every once in a while but damn these kids are babysat by a screen constantly. They are doing them a HUGE disservice. And my nephew by two spoke full sentences and could talk 10 times better than Finn and Ollie. I thought that was normal, to have a big vocabulary and be able to speak clearly but I guess I was wrong? But he is very smart, already has several college credits and is 15 so maybe that’s not normal, I don’t know.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So they get a new collar for Luna with their name and phone # on it. Which in normal life is a great idea. The thing is, now Corbin (or Bryan, but lets be real here) will have to make sure in every scene that Luna is in that her collar is either unreadable or blurred. That will get old fast, so they will wind up taking it off of her while filming and forget to put it back on and then they will be right back where they started from.
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

Kish wrote:The talking about product placements/sponsorship reminded me of something: A new online … well, I don’t quite know how to call it: a rule? A law?

— A new rule for bloggers was launched that instructs them to specify any product recommendation as an advertisement; even if the bloggers were not sponsored by the companies and are giving an honest recommendation about a product they genuinely love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dang, I forgot to add that this rule was introduced in my country ^^;;
spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

Another house upgrade coming soon...Missy's "re-disgn" of her filming area, the discussion of new wood flooring and Bryan saying a house is never done, it's always in transition. I guess spending several thousands of dollars on new floors etc., is necessary for all the holiday parties they have.

*NEWSFLASH*
B&M: you're never going to fill the empty holes in your heart with stuff.

Rewarding kids for playing in the house all day :roll: These two bumps on a log are so ridiculous; take those boys to an indoor play area if you're too lazy to get to an actual park. Oh, but I forgot; Ollie is so famous he gets bothered the entire time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:Why are they hyping the kids up for Santa at like, 50 days out from Christmas? That is a LONG TIME for a little kid. If it comes up in conversation a couple times, fine...but Christmas onesies every night and talking about Santa landing on the lawn? That makes for a long wait for two very little kids.

And the Hatchimals Image I know it was just a big ad, but seriously? That’s a “big gift” for most kids, and most kids wait all year for Santa or their birthday to come for that sort of thing.

And they call themselves Christians, but never ever talk about Jesus in relation to Christmas. They posted some IG picture of Ollie with "he loves Jesus" as part of the caption. And they never tell him it's Jesus' birthday! EVER. ImageImageImage
I wouldn't care,if they weren't trying to hype how "Christian" they are.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

ewitsme wrote:
spacekitty wrote:The title of the vlog today was useless. Those boys don't even need anyone to play Santa...it's like Christmas everyday. They got hatchimals because of a sunny day they were cooped up? I skipped around in the vlog so I'm just getting that part from here. Regardless, Santa doesn't have a day off when it comes to the Lannings. That's why Ollie is so jaded. I just don't know how B&M are okay spoiling the hell out of their kids, and only with material things. Those kids are going to get over it FAST.
its gonna be a smack in the face when ollie (and finn) are tweens/teens and expect everything to be handed to them and mommy and daddy no longer had the money to support their spoiled lifestyle!
Thankfully they are eternal toddlers, so M&B will never have to deal with that! Lol

(Only kidding...you are 100% right!)

franjigirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by franjigirl »

Really it’s Christmas just over a month and they give them big toys like that just because these kids won’t have any Christmas fun waiting and hoping for a specific toy they know they will just get what they want whenever they want.
My son is 4 in December and he has been asking for a hatchimal and he is getting it for his bday he will be sooo excited to open it and much more excited than Ollie and Finn were

coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

It's great that Ollie was learning new 'sword moves'! Great thing that they had the fridge open in the backround too, because wasting energy is what they do best!

Finn's getting better at talking, but it just makes me mad that they say the word, but they don't pronunciate! That just leaves him saying something halfway correct, but it's still incorrect.

I think the only decent movie I could think of B&M liking, besides The Nightmare Before Christmas and a few others, is Elf. Lol!

(Irrelevant) I know some people here don't like the Shaytards, or something around those lines, but I wanted to say that even Shay would be serious with his kids if they were doing something bad. All Missy and Bryan do is ask them if they can stop. They don't TELL thim, as if they're real parents.

P.s. I'm not trying to defend anyone in this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:
coolusername1236 wrote:It's great that Ollie was learning new 'sword moves'! Great thing that they had the fridge open in the backround too, because wasting energy is what they do best!

Finn's getting better at talking, but it just makes me mad that they say the word, but they don't pronunciate! That just leaves him saying something halfway correct, but it's still incorrect.

I think the only decent movie I could think of B&M liking, besides The Nightmare Before Christmas and a few others, is Elf. Lol!

(Irrelevant) I know some people here don't like the Shaytards, or something around those lines, but I wanted to say that even Shay would be serious with his kids if they were doing something bad. All Missy and Bryan do is ask them if they can stop. They don't TELL thim, as if they're real parents.

P.s. I'm not trying to defend anyone in this post.

Of course they never tell them, they’re their friends not their parents
And to be completely truthful, with Shay it depended on whether or not what the kids were doing and if it was good vlog footage. Colette tried to discipline, but usually ended up saying "Oh, well" and throwing up her hands.
One thing that the Shaytards did do right was allowing the kids to build up anticipation for Halloween and Christmas. They didn't get new toys every day. They didn't put on.costumes every day of October. Family Fun Pack went trick-or-treating at every theme park in Southern California. Disneyland, California Adventure, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal, Legoland, Great Wolf AND Six Flags! Tell me how Halloween would be special after that. They just don't get what a horrible thing they're doing to their children. Anticipation is fun! It makes the actual experience better. There are so many jaded little kids on YouTube. And the kids watching think it's amazing and wish B&M were _their_ parents. And those of us who know better, just shake our heads. When those kids grow up to be addicts or depressed because they can't handle not getting what they want when they want it, what happens?

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

lmmomSD wrote:

And they call themselves Christians, but never ever talk about Jesus in relation to Christmas. They posted some IG picture of Ollie with "he loves Jesus" as part of the caption. And they never tell him it's Jesus' birthday! EVER. ImageImageImage
I wouldn't care,if they weren't trying to hype how "Christian" they are.

Idk I don’t think kids are really interested in the Jesus talk when they probably hear it from their parents lol, I don’t really fault them for not including in their vlogs but that may be the atheist in me

Return to “Daily Bumps”