• Advertisement

E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Re: E+J:

Postby KaterTot » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:21 pm

usernamessuck wrote:I watched it and all I could think was how much they were inflating that woman's ego. Going on and on about how beautiful she is and blah blah. If Ellie wasn't conceited before she sure as hell was after that encounter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes! I still haven't watched. The title pissed me off! Why is is the most conceited people are the ones that have the least right to be? She looked better with brown hair and in her 2nd pregnancy. I think her features are harsh with the super light hair and dark brows and eyes.
KaterTot
Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Alexdorerfaf » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Actually, my dad manufactures many things, including labels, packing products, printed items and such, and to get the best product possible he is always in Asia. He goes to so many different factories all over the place to get the best deal possible. He’s made a lot of money doing it too.
Alexdorerfaf
Amateur

Postby greygoose » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:15 am

I work in publishing and it's crazy, but printing almost any project with more than 500 copies is significantly cheaper in Asia (China and India are the go-tos). Plus, they will not only print it, they will also do the layout, which equals quite some manpower (again, cheaper).

Many, many deals are still made in person for better conditions.
But. And here's the huge but: All those savings outweighing four people going to China?? Are they planning on printing (and ideally selling) tens of thousands of cookbooks? Also, I hope they will outsource the copy-editing to someone capable!!!
greygoose
Amateur

Re: E+J: "I can't believe it's not Tender!" Part #33

Postby onbreak » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 am

The griffiths are a sickly looking group.. I don't look at them and think .. Gimme your recipes

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper

Postby staceybrax » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 am

onbreak wrote:The griffiths are a sickly looking group.. I don't look at them and think .. Gimme your recipes

I don’t either. And they don’t cook anything that looks appealing to me. I would never pay for this cookbook but I am curious about what recipes will be in it. I assume a lot about canning and a lot of carb heavy dishes. I have a feeling all the recipes will be super basic dishes you could find on google for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby littlebaby » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 am

Has anyone seen Ellie’s Instagram story? Calvin’s growing into his looks a lot but still no visible progress on the speech. Six months until he’s three..

littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby Pency » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 am

I feel like they are overestimating how many cookbooks they are going to sell. Ruby and Ellie's followings are SO YOUNG, and I don't know about Bonnie's, but I can't really see their target demographic buying a cookbook.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Kaylor1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 am

I have a feeling this trip is some sort of deal to promote the ohana adventure (spelling probably wrong because I don't care or have not gotten any reason from Ellie and Jared to check out their channel) or Natalie Norton. They didn't plan any part of the trip and the fact that they didn't cancel it after the miscarriage tells me it was paid for.

As far as the cookbook. I think they are doing this to make grandma Griffith's happy. I think Bonnie said something like "if we don't sell any, this will be a family heirloom and a fun memory." When they did the camping theme photoshoot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Informer

Postby Kaylor1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 am

Kaylor1 wrote:I have a feeling this trip is some sort of deal to promote the ohana adventure (spelling probably wrong because I don't care or have not gotten any reason from Ellie and Jared to check out their channel) or Natalie Norton. They didn't plan any part of the trip and the fact that they didn't cancel it after the miscarriage tells me it was paid for.

As far as the cookbook. I think they are doing this to make grandma Griffith's happy. I think Bonnie said something like "if we don't sell any, this will be a family heirloom and a fun memory." When they did the camping theme photoshoot.

Hit send too fast
I think at lease for bonnie her exceptions are low.

Kaylor1
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:19 am

littlebaby wrote:Has anyone seen Ellie’s Instagram story? Calvin’s growing into his looks a lot but still no visible progress on the speech. Six months until he’s three..

2 and a half and all i have ever heard him say was yeah and bye.. pitiful.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:09 am

staceybrax wrote:
onbreak wrote:The griffiths are a sickly looking group.. I don't look at them and think .. Gimme your recipes

I don’t either. And they don’t cook anything that looks appealing to me. I would never pay for this cookbook but I am curious about what recipes will be in it. I assume a lot about canning and a lot of carb heavy dishes. I have a feeling all the recipes will be super basic dishes you could find on google for free.

Like I said (not sure which thread it was in) lots of cream of mushroom soup, and cream of chicken soup. The only recipes I would be remotely interested in would be that veggie salsa (dip, I think they call it) and the rolls. I already have a great veggie salsa recipe though, and the rolls are just your basic yeast rolls. Canning recipes are easy to find. Their canning seems to be pretty basic too. We had a plum tree that would go crazy every, and my mom did stuff you wouldn't believe. Not just plum jam, but plum chutney, pickled plums, etc. And we made a peach and canteloupe jam that was to die for, and green pepper jelly. All I've ever seen them do is basic canned peaches and some jams. So they have nothing I would be interested in. It might be worth a laugh for the number of servings Ellie will say each dish will provide. "This chicken pot pie will feed six adults and eight kids." People must know to hit the drive thru on the way to her house.
They really have inflated egos from YouTube, don't they? How many nine year olds are going to buy cookbooks? And except for maybe Bonnie, that's what most of their viewers are. If they're publishing so many, Bonnie's underground storage is going to be full of cookbooks. I can't wait to see how much they charge for it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby GymChick » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 am

Kaylor1 wrote:I have a feeling this trip is some sort of deal to promote the ohana adventure (spelling probably wrong because I don't care or have not gotten any reason from Ellie and Jared to check out their channel) or Natalie Norton. They didn't plan any part of the trip and the fact that they didn't cancel it after the miscarriage tells me it was paid for.

I agree. I think it’s about cook book and an agreement to promote that Ohana adventure/ ruckus life. These people came out of nowhere. I’m surprised more people aren’t talking about how strange ruckus life is with their whole story involving Natalie’s health and their foster kids/their business (which they use their story/Natalie’s health scare to create and promote) they still sign their videos with all of their kids names including their foster kids- who haven’t been wth them for over a year/no contact. But they consider those kids to be “their kids” still. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171115/d5a7c493138aac543e9d0826a8ccb156.jpg[/img]

GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:46 am

Oh my goodness. Ellie in that freaking donut onesie on the tarmac in the sunlight gave me so much secondhand embarrassment.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Pency » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm

L.O.L. at Ellie thinking that jet lag meant she would feel sick!
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Bambi_ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:33 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:Why does this pic look so weird?

Why are Jared's nails so long?

Whose hand is the other hand in the pic? Unless Jared is wearing a ring on both hands.....[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/3a744317431213bcd19f972309de80bb.jpg[/img]

I️ don’t follow this thread or Youtubers, but I️ had to come here to comment on this picture. It seriously reminds me of Celebrity Deathmatch from MTV. Image
Bambi_
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Bambi_ wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Why does this pic look so weird?

Why are Jared's nails so long?

Whose hand is the other hand in the pic? Unless Jared is wearing a ring on both hands.....[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/3a744317431213bcd19f972309de80bb.jpg[/img]

I️ don’t follow this thread or Youtubers, but I️ had to come here to comment on this picture. It seriously reminds me of Celebrity Deathmatch from MTV. Image
It's so freaky. I can't figure out for the life of me why their heads look so out of proportion.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Why IS he wearing two rings? Is that a Mormon thing?
Pency
Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Pency wrote:Why IS he wearing two rings? Is that a Mormon thing?

One could be a CTR ring.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Pency wrote:L.O.L. at Ellie thinking that jet lag meant she would feel sick!

When Im over tired or worn out I feel sick...that could be what she meant.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:22 pm

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

One could be a CTR ring.
What is CTR?

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:27 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

One could be a CTR ring.
What is CTR?

CTR means Choose The Right.
CTR rings (literally rings with the letters C T R) are usually given as a baptismal gift (at 8 years old). Many members wear a CTR ring, especially members serving missions. Its likely Jared did/still wears one.

ETA: You can also get CTR necklaces and other jewelry.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Is it like a Purity Ring?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Playsinrain wrote:Is it like a Purity Ring?

Kind of I guess, but its not defined the same. Choosing the right is a basic principle of Mormonism. And the ring is often given at baptism because from that point on you are accountable for your decisions from a religious view.
Choosing the right could be as simple as choosing to read your scriptures in the morning, or praying, or it could be as heavy has choosing not to have sex before marriage.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby GuavaMama » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Kaylor1 wrote:

Yes I think it’s to make their mom happy. Remember when Bonnie wanted to include everyone’s kitchen and Jennifer shot it down. You can see around 5:15 when Bonnie is talking to Beau and then Jennifer says “No I want it in my house!” Then she puts her fist on the table.

https://youtu.be/FRZbPVNGl_w
GuavaMama
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:01 pm

And of course Ellie is very much in the foreground of the thumbnail...

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared