Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Thankfully these two will be alright because they aren't taking youtube for granted, and her post was very professional and respectful. While I do think that her channel is more appropriate than not most of the time, I wonder if youtube is going to make the decision to demonitized content targeted at or starring children entirely. I wouldn't blame them for taking that action given the recent things that have come to light and the questionable ethics of family vlogging overall.

Let this be a lesson to all youtube creators: You are not obligated to or entitled to a paycheck from YouTube. The money can and possibly will dry up at any moment at the flip of a switch. YouTube can tell Bonnie that she's out of luck, and that's that. It's no one's fault but your own for relying on an income with no guarantees.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Thankfully these two will be alright because they aren't taking youtube for granted, and her post was very professional and respectful. While I do think that her channel is more appropriate than not most of the time, I wonder if youtube is going to make the decision to demonitized content targeted at or starring children entirely. I wouldn't blame them for taking that action given the recent things that have come to light and the questionable ethics of family vlogging overall.

Let this be a lesson to all youtube creators: You are not obligated to or entitled to a paycheck from YouTube. The money can and possibly will dry up at any moment at the flip of a switch. YouTube can tell Bonnie that she's out of luck, and that's that. It's no one's fault but your own for relying on an income with no guarantees.
Yep. And a children's book or cookbook isn't going to sell as well if you no longer have a YT channel to shill it on. That isn't a backup plan Jared!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Thankfully these two will be alright because they aren't taking youtube for granted, and her post was very professional and respectful. While I do think that her channel is more appropriate than not most of the time, I wonder if youtube is going to make the decision to demonitized content targeted at or starring children entirely. I wouldn't blame them for taking that action given the recent things that have come to light and the questionable ethics of family vlogging overall.

Yep. And a children's book or cookbook isn't going to sell as well if you no longer have a YT channel to shill it on. That isn't a backup plan Jared!
Oh, and they are advertising their Christmas merch now! Who's going to buy your merch if you don't have a channel, Jared? Hmmmmm? I would loooove to see Ellie and her "we would have this lifestyle with or without YouTube" attitude taken down a peg or two. And her "We did nothing wrong" comment about Jared rubbing Lincoln's bare bottom on his face-- she will go to her grave thinking she's perfect and that any action YouTube takes against them is just "unfair".

I am pleased that Bonnie (at least publicly) responded the way she did. Not sure what her dragon lady manicure has to do with the topic (weird picture to post with that caption). I don't know. It just seems weird. "My channel is demonetized. Let me go get loooong nails done". It would seem like she would want to focus on the _really_ important things, like her family... Maybe I am nitpicking. That wasn't a cheap manicure. It's incongruous. I do wonder what she said when she first found out! But what she did actually post was very classy, especially when compared to the whining from Funnel Vision and Bratayley.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Sarai »

Her channel doesn’t deserve to be demonetized, but it’s clear Youtube is changing when it comes to paying people. I think it was a bad idea for Joel to quit his work and not do anything. He could have used this time to go to school or learn a trade. Instead he stayed home with Bonnie, and what happens if she can’t get her channel monetized again or only makes a quarter of what she used to?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I’m thinking that she had her nails done, came home and found this out. Posted about her nails because they are pretty and slid in the You Tube explanation at the end.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Sarai wrote:Her channel doesn’t deserve to be demonetized, but it’s clear Youtube is changing when it comes to paying people. I think it was a bad idea for Joel to quit his work and not do anything. He could have used this time to go to school or learn a trade. Instead he stayed home with Bonnie, and what happens if she can’t get her channel monetized again or only makes a quarter of what she used to?
He already has a trade. He completed school around the time he got the P&G job.
Lillyy8657
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lillyy8657 »

Ugh i just don't understand how Bonnie's channel could be demonetized and not Ellie and Jared/Rubys channels. We all know Bonnie doesn't exploit her children on the vlogs the way Ellie and Jared or Ruby do:( and there's so many other channels i've seen that are way way worse like those prank channels where the parents pretend to be dead or pretend they killed their kid etc. and they havent been demonetized..
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Lillyy8657 wrote:Ugh i just don't understand how Bonnie's channel could be demonetized and not Ellie and Jared/Rubys channels. We all know Bonnie doesn't exploit her children on the vlogs the way Ellie and Jared or Ruby doImage and there's so many other channels i've seen that are way way worse like those prank channels where the parents pretend to be dead or pretend they killed their kid etc. and they havent been demonetized..
Maybe Google is more interested in LOOKING like they are trying to solve the problem, than they actually are in solving it?

Bonnie's channel isn't even one of the ones going after the kid's app audience. I wonder if the fact that she typically has smaller sponsors instead of large Adsense ones has anything to do with her being targeted over E&J?
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lillyy8657
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lillyy8657 »

Also I would have been happy if Ellie and Jareds channel could have been demonetized even just temporarily just so i could watch all the recent vlogs without any ads playig lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I'm just hoping they'll be getting around to E&J and Ruby. I just don't see how Bonnie can be under investigation and E&J, who posted the "Too Many Kids In The Tub" vlog, posted the kids actually on the toilet, and that awful butt rubbing vlog. I think YouTube will be getting to them... And I will enjoy that shit show. Getting popcorn ready!

GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Lillyy8657 wrote:Also I would have been happy if Ellie and Jareds channel could have been demonetized even just temporarily just so i could watch all the recent vlogs without any ads playig lol

How frequent are the ads showing up? I have a Google Music family plan and it includes YouTube Red. So I never see any ads play. Even on my laptop and iPad.

I was just curious how often the ads come up. Are you still able to skip them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I'm in an area where it rarely snows, and if there's even a dusting on the ground, school is closed. I know they can't do that where Bonnie is or they'd be out of school for months. I'm wondering though, where do the teachers keep all the students snow clothes? I would assume they all have coats/snow pants/gloves since Bonnie said they still go outside for recess in the snow. I can't imagine having a dozen or so of snow outfits in a classroom. Do they fit in the children's backpacks?
Last edited by Caisflame on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I'm wondering if being demonetized is public info. Bonnie told us about her channel but how do we know for sure Ellie and Jared's isn't also and they just are not saying anything.
I think this will push Joel to figure something more stable for income.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

Defuego wrote:I'm in an area where it rarely snows, and if there's even a dusting on the ground, school is closed. I know they can't do that where Bonnie is or they'd be out of school for months. I'm wondering though, where do the teachers keep all the students snow clothes? I would assume they all have coats/snow pants/gloves since Bonnie said they still go outside for recess in the snow. I can't imagine having a dozen or so of snow outfits in a classroom. Do they fit in the children's backpacks?
in my canadian elementary school we had hooks and shelves in the hallway for keeping outdoor clothes!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Defuego wrote:I'm in an area where it rarely snows, and if there's even a dusting on the ground, school is closed. I know they can't do that where Bonnie is or they'd be out of school for months. I'm wondering though, where do the teachers keep all the students snow clothes? I would assume they all have coats/snow pants/gloves since Bonnie said they still go outside for recess in the snow. I can't imagine having a dozen or so of snow outfits in a classroom. Do they fit in the children's backpacks?
They usually have cubbies or lockers. But yes, they carry (or wear) the stuff to school and back home again.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Kaylor1 wrote:I'm wondering if being demonetized is public info. Bonnie told us about her channel but how do we know for sure Ellie and Jared's isn't also and they just are not saying anything.

I wonder too. There wasn't an ad when I watched E&J yesterday and I thought that was curious (didn't watch today).

There were two ads on the DB vlog I watched today however, so it seems they are safe for now.
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kaylor1 wrote:I'm wondering if being demonetized is public info. Bonnie told us about her channel but how do we know for sure Ellie and Jared's isn't also and they just are not saying anything.

When Funnel Vision was, it was on their Social Blade that their channel was earning zero. I'll check and see if it's saying that for Bonnie's, and E&J. I'm having a nice quiet evening, lol.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They have earnings listed on Social Blade. I swear, Funnel Vision had "$0" listed as income a couple of days ago. And his view numbers are all wonky. Here's the screenshot, below.

Bonnie's making more money, even with less subscribers. And no network to share with!

Apparently one way to tell if a channel has been demonetized is to click on a few videos without using adblock, and see if there's any ads. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 02ec81.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 5b9ce2.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 0ac964.jpg[/img]

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Dang, her channel is one that I look forward to watching and overall, I really like Bonnie and Joel. I know they will be fine because they seem to be pretty smart with finances and Joel has skills (we've seen him do almost everything).
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Because Ellie would throw a shit fit all over social media if it happened to them.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”