• Advertisement

JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt105)

Re: JesssFam: Half a Dozen Kids for Half a Million Subs (Pt1

Postby Lurker2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 am

What is wrong with giving your kid 1 gift? Omfg..
The way she said it.. She thinks 5 is small number because she justifies it with her having a big family so they'll receive more gifts.

Holy crap.. Someone call cps on me. I must be abusing my child only giving 1 gift
Lurker2
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby Kitina13 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:31 am

This leaves me to wonder; does anyone have any experience with having an estranged half sibling? I only know a couple people that have half-siblings and they all either grew up with them or at least have close contact with them. So one day I met a guy who had no siblings except that his dad had a daughter with a new woman, and then got sentenced to life in jail. He only saw his dad once a year to visit him in jail and he never ever met his half-sister. It's just such an odd thought to me to know that there's a person walking around the world that is "like you" but you don't know anything about them.[/quote]

I have a half-brother I have never met. I only just learned of him two years ago and I'm 27.
Kitina13
Informer

Postby nutbagmcgee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:52 am

I know she went to the Apple store to get one of the kids gifts a few vlogs back. Who is getting what Apple device?
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby smom12 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:I know she went to the Apple store to get one of the kids gifts a few vlogs back. Who is getting what Apple device?

Addie, duh. Super advanced baby needs to find a cure for cancer. Can’t do that on a used laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper

Postby webby » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:01 am

fuck her. she can't leave it up to Gabe and Amber to get PriNcEsS LiLiA a fucking iPod? nope she needs to look like the hero at the end of the day

what can "something you need" be? toothbrushes? underwear? socks? new shoes? you know it won't be any of those things

I will say this is probably the first video I ever agreed w her on. and it's partial. I personally don't have a budget when I buy gifts. I do it based on what someone really needs. (I got my mom a $10 pack of hair clips bc she wanted them in colors, I got my brother $35 outdoor socks this year bc he needs them for his job, I got my grandma a $10 book of stamps bc she needs them)
but uh I'm pretty sure that their budget amount is final and Messica isn't buying anyone else a gift. sorry Mimi and Glen!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
webby
Guru Gossiper

Postby luci417 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:05 am

Isn''t the point of the 'want, need, wear, read' thing that they end up with a reasonable budget? I always thought the idea of getting your kid say, a new coat, one book, a backpack and one toy pretty stingy to be honestly because I wonder as a parent how your kid doesn't get disappointed unless they're totally unaffected by outside influences like toy stores, ads, and what their friends will get. It's a nice idea but from your kid's perspective don't they only get one thing they wanted?
luci417
Gossiper

Postby pllfan5 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:08 am

Lilia is definitely the kid who got the Apple product. I can't see her buying T&C or K&K anything like that.

I wonder if she still bought the twins similar things to prevent fights... I hope not for Kyson's sake. He looked so sad last Christmas.

#FreeFinleyandJackson
pllfan5
True Gossiper

Postby luci417 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 am

Oh yeah I meant to say maybe I'm just bitter because my SIL tried this exact thing last year and her kids both melted down because there were 4 gifts under the tree each and 2 of them were electric toothbrushes and new school supplies. It wasn't great and it put a LOT of pressure on the rest of our family to make up for her crappy gifts. Idk maybe they were just too young and I'm not saying they deserve mountains of plastic but it's good to keep in mind that a gift is supposed to about the recipient not the giver.
luci417
Gossiper

Postby WheresMyCoffee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:12 am

Lurker2 wrote:What is wrong with giving your kid 1 gift? Omfg..
The way she said it.. She thinks 5 is small number because she justifies it with her having a big family so they'll receive more gifts.

Holy crap.. Someone call cps on me. I must be abusing my child only giving 1 gift

Huh? She never said giving your kid one gift was bad? She actually repeated like 100x that what works for one family will not work for others. Sounds like you are the only one upset about the one gift.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper

Postby MamaJoAnna » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:14 am

IMO it's better to start the "4 things" tradition when they're young and don't really understand. My son is 2.5 and has some developmental delays so he doesn't really understand how to answer "what do you want for Christmas?". I started the tradition this year and included a bonus gift from Santa. I also cheated a bit and got him another outfit and two more books because he loves books.

(ETA - he has a Nana who spoils him to death and my entire family who have to do a whole separate day for Christmas because of all the stuff we haul home from Secret Santa and my grandma who spoils everyone )

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Postby WheresMyCoffee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:17 am

luci417 wrote:Oh yeah I meant to say maybe I'm just bitter because my SIL tried this exact thing last year and her kids both melted down because there were 4 gifts under the tree each and 2 of them were electric toothbrushes and new school supplies. It wasn't great and it put a LOT of pressure on the rest of our family to make up for her crappy gifts. Idk maybe they were just too young and I'm not saying they deserve mountains of plastic but it's good to keep in mind that a gift is supposed to about the recipient not the giver.

Then your sister probably needs to teach her kids to be grateful, tbh. If my kid melted down over 1 present or 1,000 I would return them all.

I am glad she is doing this. e have been saying for yeeeaaars how she blows the $100 on dollar store, cheap shit that breaks within a week and she said that exact thing in the video. I would rather a kid get one quality toy than 5 cheap plastic things. I dont do a budget either, I dont want to buy mindless crap just to add up to the dollar amount I spent on my other child.
I am glad the kids will be getting a book as well, that's a rarity.\
The thing they need could be anything... outdoor toys? new bedding? Doesn't necessarily mean it wont be a toy or something exciting.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper

Postby violet-kelsey black » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am

I feel bad for the people that have to buy gifts for all those kids. I remember when it was just Lilia and the twins, Lilia’s family got the twins something small too. now they have four other kids to give presents to.

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper

Postby Febe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:21 am

I was thinking about her yesterday. We took my son on a polar express type train ride thing and it was $30 but my son was free (yay lap child!). If she went it would have been $120 (including T&C, and Addy lap seat). Every time they want to do something fun with all the kids it cost them like $100 minimum always. That’s just so crazy to me!

Also with Christmas...the budget doesn’t bother me. If she can afford it then that’s fine. But it’s really easy to get carried away without one.
Febe
Gossiper

Postby Febe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 am

violet-kelsey black wrote:I feel bad for the people that have to buy gifts for all those kids. I remember when it was just Lilia and the twins, Lilia’s family got the twins something small too. now they have four other kids to give presents to.

I was thinking about this, too! I have a niece and 2 nephews and I get them like 3-4 gifts each. I couldn’t imagine having 7 to buy for!
Febe
Gossiper

Postby WheresMyCoffee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 am

violet-kelsey black wrote:I feel bad for the people that have to buy gifts for all those kids. I remember when it was just Lilia and the twins, Lilia’s family got the twins something small too. now they have four other kids to give presents to.

I was thinking about this too.. specifically Janelle and Amber/Gabe. They each have one child so Jess probably spends $15-30 on their one child and if they spent even $10 on each kids that is still $70!!! That's alot!!!
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper

Postby Lurker2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:35 am

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Lurker2 wrote:What is wrong with giving your kid 1 gift? Omfg..

Huh? She never said giving your kid one gift was bad? She actually repeated like 100x that what works for one family will not work for others. Sounds like you are the only one upset about the one gift.

Lol I'm not upset with the one gift, I wouldn't be doing it otherwise :p
Yes she did say that but I'm basing this on what she said IIRC about the 4 gifts thing not working for every family because not everybody has a big family and may feel like they need to give more. Implying that 4 might be a low number.
Lurker2
Amateur

Postby DoodleBop » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:32 am

I think the four gift thing can be done better. Like a "need" could be that cool pair of shoes your tween has been wanting or a new bike etc. It doesn't have to be socks. I think with jess' kids they're so used to getting stuff all the time. Everything is a huge deal. Parties have to have themed, bounce houses, matching outfits etc which makes living up to the hype harder and harder for her as time goes on. I almost feel like she should focus more on the boys since Chris' boys and Lilia have another family who'll also be buying Christmas for them.
DoodleBop
True Gossiper

Postby kalakala » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:41 am

£300 in the uk isn't a huge amount really. I've probably spent the same per kid too
kalakala
Talker

Postby kellynicole » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:47 am

Damn. Idk $300 per kid seems like ALOT to me. And you know she spent more than that on her 2 princesses.
I really wish she would not make Christmas completely revolve around getting gifts. It seems like she makes things way more stressful than they should be too. I think it’s so important to teach children the importance of being thankful, spending time with family, giving thoughtful gifts to others, and the birth of Jesus (if you’re religious).

As far as gifts, I have one son and he gets something you want, something to eat (instead of need), something to wear and something to read. These are not just all from me either, since we spend Christmas at my parents house they each get him items from one of those categories. In addition, he gets a couple other Santa gifts, The most expensive gift he is getting is like $35. This is all far less than $300 because I look for really good deals, use coupons or wait for things to go on sale.

kellynicole
Talker

Postby webby » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 am

is she serious?
hi Messica!
[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171215/202ed80339ad49c5e2dfa11103f1e3dd.jpg[/img]

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
webby
Guru Gossiper

Postby DoodleBop » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:00 am

She said it averages out to $300 per kid but I bet you anything the twins and Landen are going to get a lot less than the princesses and Chris' boys.
DoodleBop
True Gossiper

Postby Echox3 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:05 am

If she got lilia an iPod, and everyone else shitty gifts, i'll be hardcore judging her.
However, if she got Caden AND Lilia both iPods, then it's different because she didn't just favour the princess.

There's 12 kids in my family to buy for. We just draw names now. And as the kids age, they go into the adult draw.
There's currently more adults than kids, so the adults Buddy up, which works really well.
That might be something her family will have to start doing as they get older.
(Immediate family still buys for everyone but we're older so it's $50 for each person)

Echox3
Informer

Postby MommaMia3 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am

I have 3 kids and we do the 'want, need, wear, read'. I never spend the exact same amount in each kid. I think a need gift can be something that supports a hobby. For example, my 7 year old loves gymnastics so she is getting a balance beam as her need gift, because she is constantly practicing at home. I think $2000 isn't unreasonable for 7 kids, including Santa gifts, except that we know Jess's kids don't take great care of their stuff, so idk how she expects things to last a whole year.
I also think most of Jess's kids are old enough to buy a gift for each other. My grandma sent my kids $20 each for Christmas, so we took that money and had each kid buy something for a sibling. They were so excited to wrap the gift and can't wait to watch their sibling open it. It teaches them a lot about the value of giving and I think it's a good prep for the fact that they probably won't be believing in Santa too much longer

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
MommaMia3
Talker

Postby gossipqueen » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:21 am

MommaMia3 wrote:I have 3 kids and we do the 'want, need, wear, read'. I never spend the exact same amount in each kid. I think a need gift can be something that supports a hobby. For example, my 7 year old loves gymnastics so she is getting a balance beam as her need gift, because she is constantly practicing at home. I think $2000 isn't unreasonable for 7 kids, including Santa gifts, except that we know Jess's kids don't take great care of their stuff, so idk how she expects things to last a whole year.
I also think most of Jess's kids are old enough to buy a gift for each other. My grandma sent my kids $20 each for Christmas, so we took that money and had each kid buy something for a sibling. They were so excited to wrap the gift and can't wait to watch their sibling open it. It teaches them a lot about the value of giving and I think it's a good prep for the fact that they probably won't be believing in Santa too much longer

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
such a sweet idea actually kids buying the gifts for there siblings not always from mom and dad

gossipqueen
Amateur

Postby Sparklingdee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:18 am

I hope they DO get a few decent presents and not stupid bath sets or plastic crappy games like usual. 300 DOES seem a lot tho and does that include Ed????? Why does a 1 year old need loads of gifts?! She'll probably be happy with a cardboard box or a ball. I bet Lilia will get the most, wayyyyy more then the others, even Caden.
Sparklingdee
Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to JesssFam