E+J: No Longer Infertile, Just Insensitive | Part 34

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: No Longer Infertile, Just Insensitive | Part 34

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

ja14 wrote:Bullet journaling is huge right now. There's a ton on YouTube & Pinterest about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder why that is. I was taught that as a kid, it’s not really a new thing.

procrass562
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by procrass562 »

I'm predicting Dallon Chad as the name for baby boy #3!

GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Pency wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
Pency wrote:Can somebody explain the exchange that happened about the coats before Jared deleted?
Few pages back I posted screen shots and what happened

Thanks, found it. This thread is moving so fast now. It’s funny to me that he was so quick to call it a “knock off” if he had never heard of the brand. The photo in question is pretty great, and it’s funny to me that not only the logo on the sleeve is spot on AND the logo on the zipper pull is there. It just makes me wonder if they weren’t prepared with this response and they are actually real. They probably don’t want people to know they bought $900 coats from a company that uses real animal fur. OR they are just super good counterfeits, which is also disgusting.

I can’t even with these people.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... c2b89e.jpg[/img]

Did Bonnie and Joel buy them in China also? I could see Joel wearing one but couldn’t see if Bonnie was.

ptumey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ptumey »

Sorry to completely sway off topic, but hopefully someone could answer my question quick about reporting a family vlog where a child is being exploited. These are the choices that show up when I️ choose to report a video. Would ‘child abuse’ be the correct category to submit a report of a child in the video being shown having an emotional breakdown? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... f68641.jpg[/img]

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ptumey wrote:Sorry to completely sway off topic, but hopefully someone could answer my question quick about reporting a family vlog where a child is being exploited. These are the choices that show up when I️ choose to report a video. Would ‘child abuse’ be the correct category to submit a report of a child in the video being shown having an emotional breakdown? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... f68641.jpg[/img]

Yes. If you are on desktop it will let you elaborate further to be more specific.

If you look at the terms, it specifically has something about a child in distress under the child abuse category.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

GuavaMama wrote:
Pency wrote:
gymchick43 wrote: Few pages back I posted screen shots and what happened

Thanks, found it. This thread is moving so fast now. It’s funny to me that he was so quick to call it a “knock off” if he had never heard of the brand. The photo in question is pretty great, and it’s funny to me that not only the logo on the sleeve is spot on AND the logo on the zipper pull is there. It just makes me wonder if they weren’t prepared with this response and they are actually real. They probably don’t want people to know they bought $900 coats from a company that uses real animal fur. OR they are just super good counterfeits, which is also disgusting.

Did Bonnie and Joel buy them in China also? I could see Joel wearing one but couldn’t see if Bonnie was.

Bonnie has a new coat but it's isn't Canada Goose.

Honestly, if Joel has the same coat, I'd be inclined to think they are real and Jared was just trying to pretend they don't spend money unwisely and it blew up in his face.
momma2twinnies
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by momma2twinnies »

so looks like some of their videos have been demonotized. social blade says theyre at a D- and views are down by 5 million...which means they have lost way more than 5 million views.
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

Wow. So are people going to give Joel shit for purchasing a real Canada Goose coat for $800+ like they did E&J or if they are counterfeit give them the same shit for buying these in china like E&J?

I honestly see no problem with them buying a coat for $800+ if it's used often. (And I'm sure they are since they live in Utah) I live in Northern California, (Bay Area) it doesn't rain much and it never snows here but I would totally spend a nice penny on a good coat. Not $800 but maybe 2 or 3 hundred.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kay91_ wrote:Wow. So are people going to give Joel shit for purchasing a real Canada Goose coat for $800+ like they did E&J or if they are counterfeit give them the same shit for buying these in china like E&J?

I honestly see no problem with them buying a coat for $800+ if it's used often. (And I'm sure they are since they live in Utah) I live in Northern California, (Bay Area) it doesn't rain much and it never snows here but I would totally spend a nice penny on a good coat. Not $800 but maybe 2 or 3 hundred.

I don't think it's the cost as much as objecting to the fur. That's mostly what people have said, other than a few eye rolls at the cost, which I kinda get. They are more than $800- closer to $1000. There are warm coats that don't have the label that cost less. But. Joel actually does a lot of outdoor activities in the cold, unlike E&J. I wouldn't begrudge him a good coat. He digs out his parents, and E&J's driveway, and plows the parking lot at the church, and takes the kids out to play in the snow. E&J take the dog for a walk when it's not too cold, and wait for Joel to dig their driveway out. I haven't seen them really out in the snow like Joel. I don't know if Joel's has fur, because I don't see it on his coat in the screenshot. But Ellie's definitely does.
So, I don't know if people were really giving Joel grief over the coat-- just noticing. I would prefer he didn't have one with fur, but a real one would be better than one with moldy raccoon fur, if he's going to have one. I give him a pass on the cost because like I said, he does really get outside in the cold.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Kay91_ wrote:Wow. So are people going to give Joel shit for purchasing a real Canada Goose coat for $800+ like they did E&J or if they are counterfeit give them the same shit for buying these in china like E&J?

I don't think it's the cost as much as objecting to the fur. That's mostly what people have said, other than a few eye rolls at the cost, which I kinda get. They are more than $800- closer to $1000. There are warm coats that don't have the label that cost less. But. Joel actually does a lot of outdoor activities in the cold, unlike E&J. I wouldn't begrudge him a good coat. He digs out his parents, and E&J's driveway, and plows the parking lot at the church, and takes the kids out to play in the snow. E&J take the dog for a walk when it's not too cold, and wait for Joel to dig their driveway out. I haven't seen them really out in the snow like Joel. I don't know if Joel's has fur, because I don't see it on his coat in the screenshot. But Ellie's definitely does.
So, I don't know if people were really giving Joel grief over the coat-- just noticing. I would prefer he didn't have one with fur, but a real one would be better than one with moldy raccoon fur, if he's going to have one. I give him a pass on the cost because like I said, he does really get outside in the cold.

If they are real, the company sent them for FREE! They certainly don't sell those coats in hillbilly Logan, Utah. LOOOOOL! Only a few upscale stores sell Canada Goose and Logan is more of a Walmart town - they don't even have a Target!!
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

lmmomSD wrote:

I saw quite a few people pointing out the price before the whole China/counterfeit thing yesterday. But yeah you can look at it that way. I just think if they (or anyone else) has the money for it and they're going to use it it shouldn't be a big deal on how much they spent. Yeah Joel does more outside work but I don't see how he's justified just because of that but E&J are shit on for it. We've seen Ellie wear the coat a few times already. I'm probably in the minority when I say this but if they are real the fur doesn't really bother me.

Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

ewokfan11 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

If they are real, the company sent them for FREE! They certainly don't sell those coats in hillbilly Logan, Utah. LOOOOOL! Only a few upscale stores sell Canada Goose and Logan is more of a Walmart town - they don't even have a Target!!
Lol not sure if there is sarcasm but they could have purchased them online...

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kay91:

True, but two different people purchasing a RARE brand and wearing them in social media pics?? HMMMMMMM. It's a brand deal. Canada Goose isn't even popular in the US. It's very SHADY for sure!!!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ugh, they should all be ashamed to be associated with this awful company. They only care about the $$$$. What fuckers!

While Canada Goose CEO Celebrates Turning Another Year Older, PETA Draws Attention to the Blood on His Hands (this is from just last month)
https://www.peta.org/blog/canada-goose- ... -surprise/
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

I honestly don’t get gender disappointment. If you decide to have a baby only wanting one gender then maybe you shouldn’t have a baby. When you want a child that’s what you should want a child. Their gender shouldn’t even be a factor. That’s my thought process on the whole thing.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I wouldn't have begrudged Jared buying an expensive coat of he needed one and hadn't tweeted about it being a fake. It makes no sense for him to have said that if they were sent to them. I live in Canada and legit knew nothing about those coats until o saw them discussed here. I actually walked past some in a designer dept store last weekend, and laughed because I thought they were coats out there for ignorant tourists that think they need a parka in Canada to buy. I had no idea they were a thing.

I'm disappointed that Joel is supporting a company that promotes animal cruelty of any kind, though I'm sure he's a hunter and doesn't have the same views about things I do. If is a fake then he absolutely should get the same heat and criticism as Jared did. I do think they are real though. Joel works outside a lot and would want a quality jacket. I can't see him spending the money on a knockoff that may/may not be warm. The men's versions that Jared and Joel have do not have fur, though they have lord knows what as filling. If they are counterfeit then Ellie's most likely has dog hair.

But the comment about the coats being unavailable where they live is false. They absolutely could have ordered them online or bought them in Salt Lake City.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

HelloSweetie wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:
Pency wrote: Thanks, found it. This thread is moving so fast now. It’s funny to me that he was so quick to call it a “knock off” if he had never heard of the brand. The photo in question is pretty great, and it’s funny to me that not only the logo on the sleeve is spot on AND the logo on the zipper pull is there. It just makes me wonder if they weren’t prepared with this response and they are actually real. They probably don’t want people to know they bought $900 coats from a company that uses real animal fur. OR they are just super good counterfeits, which is also disgusting.

Bonnie has a new coat but it's isn't Canada Goose.

Honestly, if Joel has the same coat, I'd be inclined to think they are real and Jared was just trying to pretend they don't spend money unwisely and it blew up in his face.
That’s what I was thinking too.

It could be part of the brand deal Bonnie mentioned. She seemed very happy about it when she mentioned it.

They look like good quality jackets. His looks like it doesn’t have the fur.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

GuavaMama wrote:It could be part of the brand deal Bonnie mentioned. She seemed very happy about it when she mentioned it.

They look like good quality jackets. His looks like it doesn’t have the fur.
I'm really thinking this is a brand deal Bonnie set up and didn't give Jared the info. Bonnie isn't exactly smart about anything.
amandaz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amandaz »

I’m a college student and where I go to school Canada Goose is EXTREMELY popular. It seems like every other person has one, so much so that is has become the norm. My school has some rich people though - I think almost 50% of the students are in the top 5%. But aren’t E+J and B+J probably in the top 5% as well? While I would personally never spend that much on a coat, it doesn’t surprise me at all if theirs are real.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

amandaz wrote:I’m a college student and where I go to school Canada Goose is EXTREMELY popular. It seems like every other person has one, so much so that is has become the norm. My school has some rich people though - I think almost 50% of the students are in the top 5%. But aren’t E+J and B+J probably in the top 5% as well? While I would personally never spend that much on a coat, it doesn’t surprise me at all if theirs are real.
What state do you go to school in?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”