Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beachygirly
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by beachygirly »

Shorty02 wrote:I think Katie and Kelly were both expected to go to college, because they come from an affluent college-educated family. I feel like both women wanted to grow up to be like their mom, who (correct me if I’m wrong) stayed home with them and planned parties and decorated their beautiful home, and participated in society functions around Birmingham. Kelly married a lawyer so she didn’t need a higher degree to continue living the lifestyle she was accustomed to. Katie married Cullen, who is not ambitious and did not grow up in a wealthy family. I think she earned her PhD because they did not have a “successful” YouTube career at that point and she was trying to safeguard the status and financial future of her family. I understand her wanting to stay at home with her kids, but it would be a shame if she never used her degree again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would be a huge shame. Think of all the time and money she invested! With her profession, wouldn't she have some flexibility in making her own hours? She could work when Gaines and Brooks are at Grandolly's or Mother's Day Out. I thought when Katie worked she had her own office where she was a child psychologist. If this is the case, wouldn't she have some say in making her work schedule? I respect stay at home moms because my mom was one for several years, but I personally think I would get bored staying at home for most of the day. I think I would get bored of the routine too.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

FitMom wrote:
Well, I won’t get into a debate about that. So, that will be millions of fans that you can side eye then.
I have no problem judging vast quantities of people. I judge the hell out of people who eat bigot chicken and shop at hobby lobby. Have some standards, people. I don’t care if chick filet makes the best chicken on earth, eating it means you support their bigotry.
Crafting is my life, but I would knit with twine from the hardware store before setting foot in a hobby lobby.

I mean, if you can turn a blind eye to that stuff and give them your patronage without feeling like your compromising your ethics, you do you. But yeah, I judge you for it. Feel free to not care that I judge you.
:roll:
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Theirmom wrote:
FitMom wrote:
Well, I won’t get into a debate about that. So, that will be millions of fans that you can side eye then.
I have no problem judging vast quantities of people. I judge the hell out of people who eat bigot chicken and shop at hobby lobby. Have some standards, people. I don’t care if chick filet makes the best chicken on earth, eating it means you support their bigotry.
Crafting is my life, but I would knit with twine from the hardware store before setting foot in a hobby lobby.

I mean, if you can turn a blind eye to that stuff and give them your patronage without feeling like your compromising your ethics, you do you. But yeah, I judge you for it. Feel free to not care that I judge you.
Honestly, you could probably find something “wrong” with most major companies or Universities.
Last edited by FitMom on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

beachygirly wrote:
That would be a huge shame. Think of all the time and money she invested! With her profession, wouldn't she have some flexibility in making her own hours? She could work when Gaines and Brooks are at Grandolly's or Mother's Day Out. I thought when Katie worked she had her own office where she was a child psychologist. If this is the case, wouldn't she have some say in making her work schedule?
When she first “quit” her job, they said that she would stay on in a “work from home” consulting position a couple days a week. They never said if she stopped doing that. For all we know, she’s still doing that.
I respect stay at home moms because my mom was one for several years, but I personally think I would get bored staying at home for most of the day. I think I would get bored of the routine too.
Some are suited for it, some aren’t. The thought of going back to work, sticking to someone else’s rules and schedules is gag-inducing to me. Been there, done that. Being a SAHM, for me, is the best “job” I’ve ever had. My youngest starts school next year, and I’m not planning on getting a “real job”. I’ll be a home-maker, and I’m already planning all the house projects and volunteer work I plan on doing.
Everyone finds fulfillment in different pursuits.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

FitMom wrote:
Honestly, you could probably find something “wrong” with most major companies or Universities.
Correct. It’s impossible to live a cruelty-free, 100% ethical existence. We all have to make choices about how important the thing we want/need/enjoy is vs what we can tolerate supporting.

I can deal with shopping at Walmart. I wish they treated their employees better, but I don’t have much choice to shop affordably where I live. So I have to live with that. I know I’m actively contributing to underpaying employees and the damage it does to small local businesses. I own that. And I’m sure plenty of people judge me for that.

There are some things that I absolutely can not comprise on. That includes overt racism, outspoken bigotry towards LGBT+, and lobbying against reproductive rights.

Everyone gets to decide what they’re willing to overlook in order to continue doing/buying the things they like.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Theirmom wrote:
FitMom wrote:
Correct. It’s impossible to live a cruelty-free, 100% ethical existence. We all have to make choices about how important the thing we want/need/enjoy is vs what we can tolerate supporting.

I can deal with shopping at Walmart. I wish they treated their employees better, but I don’t have much choice to shop affordably where I live. So I have to live with that. I know I’m actively contributing to underpaying employees and the damage it does to small local businesses. I own that. And I’m sure plenty of people judge me for that.

There are some things that I absolutely can not comprise on. That includes overt racism, outspoken bigotry towards LGBT+, and lobbying against reproductive rights.

Everyone gets to decide what they’re willing to overlook in order to continue doing/buying the things they like.

I get that and I probably didn’t come across how I meant my post to be. I was saying that being a fan of Alabama football doesn’t mean I or others agree with what the University does or has done in the past. We are just passionate football fans and we love Alabama football. The sport means a lot to us.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I feel like I say this once a year or so, they aren’t racist, they are ignorant. There is a difference.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

I do not watch much of CK blogs but do come here for the reviews and commentary to see if there is a tithing interesting to watch. So I have watched a couple of recent vlogs. On the lositive side Cullen looks to have lost a good amount of weight. His face looks thinner and smaller beer belly. On the less than positive....i suspect what we see on the video is who he....sadly it is a man child. Kids must love watching him. A man child who acts like a child.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Haven’t watched them in a long time. Do they still go to church regularly?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I feel like I say this once a year or so, they aren’t racist, they are ignorant. There is a difference.
But they are happily ignorant. Madi_b_123 said up thread that they don't seem to care about things like white privilege and institutional racism because it doesn't affect them. And I think that's exactly it. They're just going along, ignoring what happens outside their bubble. And yes, other vloggers do it too. But they shouldn't get a pass for it. Katie is supposedly educated. They've traveled. But they're still ignorant.
HS and a couple of others have made some really good points that I hadn't considered. I'm not sure what I'd expect C&K to _do_ about it, but complacency and a "Well, _I_ can't do anything about it" attitude never gets anything changed. If more fans spoke out, the Washington Redskins wouldn't be called that anymore. Every season, it's brought up, and every season, a bunch of people yammer.about "tradition" and nothing gets changed. Because not enough of the fans care enough to change it. The owners wouldn't shut down a name change if people _really_ wanted one and voted with their wallets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I feel like I say this once a year or so, they aren’t racist, they are ignorant. There is a difference.
I don’t agree that Cullen is ignorant. He likes to defend his racism and act as if people are offended are overreacting. That’s not ignorance. He knows it’s offensive. He cares more about entertaining himself.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Yeah you can't claim ignorance after being called out on more than one occasion
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

They might have started out ignorant, and I don't know that I would call them full blown racists, BUT they have been told, numerous times, that the things they say are incredibly inappropriate. But they both seem to have a "the rules don't apply to us" mentality, I don't think they'll change.

I wonder what Katie's family think of her and Cullen. Because really Katie isn't any better then Cullen, she acts just as immature, theyre definitely equals. And Jay might be a total child when he's around Cullen but he does get up daily, on time, goes to a pretty respectable job, has for years, and Kelly does keep a clean and organized home. Meanwhile these two cant get up for anything, their house is constant chaos, and they have no real aspirations other then a hope to make it big on a failing youtube channel.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I have to go to work, and can't watch the vlog. Anyone want to recap this 'change"?

Is it something real, or just a clickbait "let's do something meaningless and make people think we actually have some self knowledge", like that "Relationship Counseling" vlog they did? People watched that-- they got more views than they usually get. But it didn't have anything to do with them.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

lmmomSD wrote:I have to go to work, and can't watch the vlog. Anyone want to recap this 'change"?

Is it something real, or just a clickbait "let's do something meaningless and make people think we actually have some self knowledge", like that "Relationship Counseling" vlog they did? People watched that-- they got more views than they usually get. But it didn't have anything to do with them.

LOL their goal for 2018 is to keep the car clean, and the kitchen sink empty. Katie says resolutions are stupid because no one ever sticks to them. So expect the same bad habits from 2017 to carry over to 2018. Way to set good examples for your kids. Who cares about physical health, and working on strengthening your marriage.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I have to go to work, and can't watch the vlog. Anyone want to recap this 'change"?

LOL their goal for 2018 is to keep the car clean, and the kitchen sink empty. Katie says resolutions are stupid because no one ever sticks to them. So expect the same bad habits from 2017 to carry over to 2018. Way to set good examples for your kids. Who cares about physical health, and working on strengthening your marriage.
With all their issues I was expecting a lot more than keeping the car clean and the kitchen sink empty. Image

I’m the idiot for being duped into watching because of the serious thumbnail. What a waste of time.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

askeptichere wrote: LOL their goal for 2018 is to keep the car clean, and the kitchen sink empty.
This is really quite sad, because if you can't keep these two things clean the messes must be really far-gone. Once your car is relatively clean it should take you about five minutes to clear out any garbage you have in it and then take it to a car wash and vacuum it out. It should take only a few minutes to rinse dishes off in the sink and stick them in the dishwasher, or to handwash the few dishes that can't be washed in the dishwasher. I don't have kids so I don't have French fries smashed into my car seats or whatever, but I do have a full-time job and my car is always clean (sometimes there's some mail on the floor but never for more than a few days) and I go to bed every night with an empty sink...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

fossilfinger wrote:
askeptichere wrote: LOL their goal for 2018 is to keep the car clean, and the kitchen sink empty.
This is really quite sad, because if you can't keep these two things clean the messes must be really far-gone. Once your car is relatively clean it should take you about five minutes to clear out any garbage you have in it and then take it to a car wash and vacuum it out. It should take only a few minutes to rinse dishes off in the sink and stick them in the dishwasher, or to handwash the few dishes that can't be washed in the dishwasher. I don't have kids so I don't have French fries smashed into my car seats or whatever, but I do have a full-time job and my car is always clean (sometimes there's some mail on the floor but never for more than a few days) and I go to bed every night with an empty sink...
I can identify with a messy car because I have two kids and while one is fairly tidy, the other is 3 and appreciates a good mess. I can't say my truck would stay tidy forever if we gave it a good cleaning, but we would definitely try!

As for dishes...wtf? I have a husband that is out of town most of the time, a 10 year old and 3 year old and I go to bed with an empty sink every night as well. My house isn't amazingly clean it anything, but I can't sleep if it isn't more or less tidy. What are Cullen and Katie doing all day that they can't get these things done? Don't try to tell me that it's because they are giving 100% to those kids out of guilt, because that just doesn't appear to be the case. They are lazy and procrastinating. My youngest came after multiple losses and infertility, but I still get things done. I'm not a slave to him and his demands 24/7. That sounds like such an excuse to try and justify why their home continues to be chaos months after a move that was supposed to make things better.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”