• Advertisement

C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Postby askeptichere » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 am

The new delayed schedule is kind of annoying. They post instastories, tweet, and post pictures all over social media, and then days later we see it in a vlog. They’re still talking about Christmas, and it’s January 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:23 am

askeptichere wrote:The new delayed schedule is kind of annoying. They post instastories, tweet, and post pictures all over social media, and then days later we see it in a vlog. They’re still talking about Christmas, and it’s January 2nd.

Are they not caught up? The NYE vlog was current...
Well nevermind.. looks like they did the NYE vlog current but then went back for at least part of this vlog??
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby madi_b_123 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 am

Don’t want to create a long quote tree but touching on the racism comments...I think Cullen and Katie are not personally racist. They don’t think people of other races are inferior or think they are better just because they are white. I do, however, think they are more systemically racist. They are the definition of white privilege and growing up in the Deep South their entire lives, it would be virtually impossible for them to not have internalized feelings (probably not even conscious feelings) regarding people of color. I think they don’t care as much about things like police brutality, education inequality, and overall lack of resources for inner cities because they’ve never had to. It doesn’t affect them personally and they may hear about it and think it’s sad, but feel like there’s nothing they can do to help.

madi_b_123
Informer

Postby 100midas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:36 am

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:The new delayed schedule is kind of annoying. They post instastories, tweet, and post pictures all over social media, and then days later we see it in a vlog. They’re still talking about Christmas, and it’s January 2nd.

Well nevermind.. looks like they did the NYE vlog current but then went back for at least part of this vlog??

Yeah, the loser makeup and Katie with her phone holder gadget were posted on Cullen's IG 3 days ago (ETA: she was wearing a different outfit in the phone holder picture so that part of the footage from today's vlog could have been current) .

I'm not a fan of delayed schedules either, especially when vloggers aren't transparent about them. It just makes things confusing for the viewers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
100midas
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 am

100midas wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Yeah, the loser makeup and Katie with her phone holder gadget were posted on Cullen's IG 3 days ago (ETA: she was wearing a different outfit in the phone holder picture so that part of the footage from today's vlog could have been current) .

I'm not a fan of delayed schedules either, especially when vloggers aren't transparent about them. It just makes things confusing for the viewers.

He also said that he fell asleep and thats where the makeup came from.. :roll:

Like good for him for being a good sport and letting his niece (her name escapes me..) play with her makeup with him, but why lie??
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby RootBeerFloatie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Okay but don't forget Cullen's "nappy hair" comment because that was very racist, or the "Indian chant" vlog that he refused to change the name of even after people were offended
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper

Postby FitMom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Did I see some posts about Alabama fans being racist? Lol. I still think that a lot of people don’t understand how big college football is in the south. Alabama has one of the biggest fanbases in college football.

I don’t think Cullen is racist, I think he just doesn’t think about the things that come out of his mouth. Has nothing to do with being an Alabama fan.
FitMom
Talker

Postby rdt1004 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

No one said Alabama fans = racists. Just that we side eye people a little for supporting a university with such a horrible reputation when it comes to race relations.

rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper

Postby FitMom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:22 pm

rdt1004 wrote:No one said Alabama fans = racists. Just that we side eye people a little for supporting a university with such a horrible reputation when it comes to race relations.

Well, I won’t get into a debate about that. So, that will be millions of fans that you can side eye then.
FitMom
Talker

Postby FitMom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:48 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Alabama beat Clemson.

Cullen will be hungover again tomorrow. Or I guess it's today, really. Can't sleep. Drama at work. Really don't feel sorry for their self-inflicted problems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Roll Tide. I know I am functioning on little sleep today and I didn’t drink. I can’t imagine what he is feeling like today. :-o
FitMom
Talker

Postby amf2224 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Shocker.... brooks is sick again!

amf2224
Amateur

Postby amf2224 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Shocker.... brooks is sick again!

amf2224
Amateur

Postby beachygirly » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Shorty02 wrote:I think Katie and Kelly were both expected to go to college, because they come from an affluent college-educated family. I feel like both women wanted to grow up to be like their mom, who (correct me if I’m wrong) stayed home with them and planned parties and decorated their beautiful home, and participated in society functions around Birmingham. Kelly married a lawyer so she didn’t need a higher degree to continue living the lifestyle she was accustomed to. Katie married Cullen, who is not ambitious and did not grow up in a wealthy family. I think she earned her PhD because they did not have a “successful” YouTube career at that point and she was trying to safeguard the status and financial future of her family. I understand her wanting to stay at home with her kids, but it would be a shame if she never used her degree again.

That would be a huge shame. Think of all the time and money she invested! With her profession, wouldn't she have some flexibility in making her own hours? She could work when Gaines and Brooks are at Grandolly's or Mother's Day Out. I thought when Katie worked she had her own office where she was a child psychologist. If this is the case, wouldn't she have some say in making her work schedule? I respect stay at home moms because my mom was one for several years, but I personally think I would get bored staying at home for most of the day. I think I would get bored of the routine too.
beachygirly
Informer

Postby Theirmom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:34 pm

FitMom wrote:
Well, I won’t get into a debate about that. So, that will be millions of fans that you can side eye then.

I have no problem judging vast quantities of people. I judge the hell out of people who eat bigot chicken and shop at hobby lobby. Have some standards, people. I don’t care if chick filet makes the best chicken on earth, eating it means you support their bigotry.
Crafting is my life, but I would knit with twine from the hardware store before setting foot in a hobby lobby.

I mean, if you can turn a blind eye to that stuff and give them your patronage without feeling like your compromising your ethics, you do you. But yeah, I judge you for it. Feel free to not care that I judge you.
:roll:
Theirmom
True Gossiper

Postby FitMom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Theirmom wrote:
FitMom wrote:

I have no problem judging vast quantities of people. I judge the hell out of people who eat bigot chicken and shop at hobby lobby. Have some standards, people. I don’t care if chick filet makes the best chicken on earth, eating it means you support their bigotry.
Crafting is my life, but I would knit with twine from the hardware store before setting foot in a hobby lobby.

I mean, if you can turn a blind eye to that stuff and give them your patronage without feeling like your compromising your ethics, you do you. But yeah, I judge you for it. Feel free to not care that I judge you.

Honestly, you could probably find something “wrong” with most major companies or Universities.
Last edited by FitMom on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FitMom
Talker

Postby Theirmom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:43 pm

beachygirly wrote:
That would be a huge shame. Think of all the time and money she invested! With her profession, wouldn't she have some flexibility in making her own hours? She could work when Gaines and Brooks are at Grandolly's or Mother's Day Out. I thought when Katie worked she had her own office where she was a child psychologist. If this is the case, wouldn't she have some say in making her work schedule?

When she first “quit” her job, they said that she would stay on in a “work from home” consulting position a couple days a week. They never said if she stopped doing that. For all we know, she’s still doing that.

I respect stay at home moms because my mom was one for several years, but I personally think I would get bored staying at home for most of the day. I think I would get bored of the routine too.

Some are suited for it, some aren’t. The thought of going back to work, sticking to someone else’s rules and schedules is gag-inducing to me. Been there, done that. Being a SAHM, for me, is the best “job” I’ve ever had. My youngest starts school next year, and I’m not planning on getting a “real job”. I’ll be a home-maker, and I’m already planning all the house projects and volunteer work I plan on doing.
Everyone finds fulfillment in different pursuits.
Theirmom
True Gossiper

Postby Theirmom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:56 pm

FitMom wrote:
Honestly, you could probably find something “wrong” with most major companies or Universities.

Correct. It’s impossible to live a cruelty-free, 100% ethical existence. We all have to make choices about how important the thing we want/need/enjoy is vs what we can tolerate supporting.

I can deal with shopping at Walmart. I wish they treated their employees better, but I don’t have much choice to shop affordably where I live. So I have to live with that. I know I’m actively contributing to underpaying employees and the damage it does to small local businesses. I own that. And I’m sure plenty of people judge me for that.

There are some things that I absolutely can not comprise on. That includes overt racism, outspoken bigotry towards LGBT+, and lobbying against reproductive rights.

Everyone gets to decide what they’re willing to overlook in order to continue doing/buying the things they like.
Theirmom
True Gossiper

Postby FitMom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Theirmom wrote:
FitMom wrote:

Correct. It’s impossible to live a cruelty-free, 100% ethical existence. We all have to make choices about how important the thing we want/need/enjoy is vs what we can tolerate supporting.

I can deal with shopping at Walmart. I wish they treated their employees better, but I don’t have much choice to shop affordably where I live. So I have to live with that. I know I’m actively contributing to underpaying employees and the damage it does to small local businesses. I own that. And I’m sure plenty of people judge me for that.

There are some things that I absolutely can not comprise on. That includes overt racism, outspoken bigotry towards LGBT+, and lobbying against reproductive rights.

Everyone gets to decide what they’re willing to overlook in order to continue doing/buying the things they like.

I get that and I probably didn’t come across how I meant my post to be. I was saying that being a fan of Alabama football doesn’t mean I or others agree with what the University does or has done in the past. We are just passionate football fans and we love Alabama football. The sport means a lot to us.
FitMom
Talker

Postby nutbagmcgee » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:31 pm

I feel like I say this once a year or so, they aren’t racist, they are ignorant. There is a difference.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby snkjdgs » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:48 pm

I do not watch much of CK blogs but do come here for the reviews and commentary to see if there is a tithing interesting to watch. So I have watched a couple of recent vlogs. On the lositive side Cullen looks to have lost a good amount of weight. His face looks thinner and smaller beer belly. On the less than positive....i suspect what we see on the video is who he....sadly it is a man child. Kids must love watching him. A man child who acts like a child.
snkjdgs
Talker

Postby formerctfxcer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Haven’t watched them in a long time. Do they still go to church regularly?

formerctfxcer
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:04 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:I feel like I say this once a year or so, they aren’t racist, they are ignorant. There is a difference.
But they are happily ignorant. Madi_b_123 said up thread that they don't seem to care about things like white privilege and institutional racism because it doesn't affect them. And I think that's exactly it. They're just going along, ignoring what happens outside their bubble. And yes, other vloggers do it too. But they shouldn't get a pass for it. Katie is supposedly educated. They've traveled. But they're still ignorant.
HS and a couple of others have made some really good points that I hadn't considered. I'm not sure what I'd expect C&K to _do_ about it, but complacency and a "Well, _I_ can't do anything about it" attitude never gets anything changed. If more fans spoke out, the Washington Redskins wouldn't be called that anymore. Every season, it's brought up, and every season, a bunch of people yammer.about "tradition" and nothing gets changed. Because not enough of the fans care enough to change it. The owners wouldn't shut down a name change if people _really_ wanted one and voted with their wallets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Lovethesnark » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:07 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:I feel like I say this once a year or so, they aren’t racist, they are ignorant. There is a difference.

I don’t agree that Cullen is ignorant. He likes to defend his racism and act as if people are offended are overreacting. That’s not ignorance. He knows it’s offensive. He cares more about entertaining himself.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper

Postby RootBeerFloatie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 am

Yeah you can't claim ignorance after being called out on more than one occasion
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:15 am

They might have started out ignorant, and I don't know that I would call them full blown racists, BUT they have been told, numerous times, that the things they say are incredibly inappropriate. But they both seem to have a "the rules don't apply to us" mentality, I don't think they'll change.

I wonder what Katie's family think of her and Cullen. Because really Katie isn't any better then Cullen, she acts just as immature, theyre definitely equals. And Jay might be a total child when he's around Cullen but he does get up daily, on time, goes to a pretty respectable job, has for years, and Kelly does keep a clean and organized home. Meanwhile these two cant get up for anything, their house is constant chaos, and they have no real aspirations other then a hope to make it big on a failing youtube channel.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie