Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

askeptichere wrote:Anyone else unable to access the C&K thread on Tapatalk? I've tried resetting the app, turning off my phone, and nothing seems to work. I can get into other threads after waiting for them to load, but not here.
Yeah, this thread and the E+J one are really slow to load and sometimes I can't get it to load at all. I'm glad it's not just me haha, I was worried something was wrong with my phone!
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

askeptichere wrote:Anyone else unable to access the C&K thread on Tapatalk? I've tried resetting the app, turning off my phone, and nothing seems to work. I can get into other threads after waiting for them to load, but not here.
I've been having issues with the forum in general off and on for several weeks (I read this thread and the Daily Bumps thread). Threads take forever to load or don't load at all, I get SQL errors (those happen both on Tapatalk and in my browser), and Tapatalk has been logging me out of my YTMD account several times a week. Since it happens in normal browsers and different versions of the Tapatalk app (my phone has the current version and my iPad has one from 7 or 8 months ago) I'm assuming it's a forum problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PumpkinHead wrote:
Yeah, this thread and the E+J one are really slow to load and sometimes I can't get it to load at all. I'm glad it's not just me haha, I was worried something was wrong with my phone!
Yep-- me too! Sometimes it pops right up, but usually it's slow. GuruGossip threads load faster. But most YTMD threads are sloooow.
If I go to the desktop YTMD site, I get a lot of error messages, too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Between Cullen’s over the top ridiculous childlike behavior and Katie’s wining about her children, I cannot take them anymore. They shouldn’t expect their kids to sit quietly and happily for so long at a restaurant at such a young age and then she complains about how irritable he is. Most on the go 1.5 year olds that you force to sit still in a high chair for hours will start acting up.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Between Cullen’s over the top ridiculous childlike behavior and Katie’s wining about her children, I cannot take them anymore. They shouldn’t expect their kids to sit quietly and happily for so long at a restaurant at such a young age and then she complains about how irritable he is. Most on the go 1.5 year olds that you force to sit still in a high chair for hours will start acting up.

I have to agree, especially about the sitting at a restaurant regarding Brooks. He’s only 1.5, you can’t realistically expect him to sit there for more than an hour without getting a little irritable. Whether or not you give him crayons or an iPad/phone, he’s gonna get over it sooner than later. Maybe if Cullen was on the same page as Katie, their kids would have more of a positive benefit. I noticed in today’s video and a few insta stories of Katie’s that their bed time seems to be a pretty loud and wild. Idk about any of you, but for me, my kids will rough house with my husband and get wild around dinner time which is fine, but during bed time it is a much more quiet environment. I’ve seen a few times now that Cullen is throwing the kids around, winding them up, talking loudly causing them to be loud/scream right before they go to bed, and then they’re expecting them to just pass out for the night. I was surprised to hear they were giving Gaines melatonin to help her sleep.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

These kids are going to have so many cavities before they even lose their baby teeth. Nerds before pancakes, and jelly beans after dinner. I bet they had their daily serving of suckers, too.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of using an electric griddle directly on top of your electric stove?

I'm tired of hearing Katie complain about how "irritable" Brooks is. He's a toddler who can't communicate very well. What do you expect? Your husband's behavior doesn't help the kids see what is appropriate in public, either.

There is no reason they should be giving her melatonin to sleep at night. Maybe it's time for Gaines to drop her nap. Then she'd be tired and ready for bed at a reasonable hour. Get a good bedtime routine where they let the kids calm down at the same time every night instead of wrestling with Cullen until 9 or later.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, does the 17 item bedtime routine include getting riled up by Daddy?

I find it fascinating that all these vloggers seem to be complaining about their children not sleeping, waking them up, etc. Missy put Finn and Ollie together because supposedly Ollie "gets scared at night" and wakes them up. Ellie says she's putting Calvin and Jackson together so she can sleep because she's pregnant and needs her rest. And now Cullen and Katie are giving Gaines melatonin? Could a common theme be maybe they just don't understand that lack of sleep is a normal state in parents of young children, and that's just how it goes? I remember looking at my ex and asking if we were ever going to sleep through the night again. It's one of the sacrifices you make to have kids.
Guess what? When they're teenagers, it's all they do. They sleep a LOT. So-- y'all wanted these kids SO. BADLY. Suck it up for a few years. It gets better.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Katie used to give her melatonin, now she gives her a placebo. Melatonin should not be for long time use. It causes your own natural melatonin to stop producing. Bath, teeth, story, and bed routine.

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

I have to agree about all of Katies' Brooks whining. At first I kind of sympathized with her, but it's been several months and she's still constantly talking about how irritable Brooks is. She writes everything off as him having a bad personality/being in a bad mood instead of addressing the root of his behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

So many negative comments about them lately. I bet it’s really getting to them .[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201801 ... 190a2b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201801 ... 5bf0d7.jpg[/img]

amf2224
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amf2224 »

Anyone else feel bad Katie stayed at home and watched the kids while Cullen got to party with his family? They are both huge Bama fans, wouldn’t they want to watch and celebrate together?!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They posted another instastory of Brooks and Gaines wrestling at 8:30 at night. (8:23, but who's quibbling over 7 minutes)
Are they proud of it? Is it a sympathy grab? "Look at our out of control kids! We don't understand why they are riled up at night!" She's a child psychologist. Doesn't she know that you slow things down at bedtime? Baths, story time, sitting together in a rocking chair, things like that. Not watching your kids wrestling, filming it and posting it on social media.
WTF is up with their priorities?

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

Watching Katie go on about Brookes broke my heart, I don't think they realise how easy Gaines was compared to many children and also that every child is different and that what he is doing is simply voicing his frustrations, he cannot speak for himself and he is still a baby. I always laugh and say if my second son came first I would have cried with my other kids as he was such an easy baby slept through in his own cot from day one fed beautifully and was always a happy and calm child which considering the wreck of his dads and I relationship at the time is just amazing, my eldest on the other hand was a colic baby, lactose intolerant stopped all naps from 15 months he was very difficult and I was a teen mom he is on the spectrum as well, I remember one day he just cried for hours and I was in tears because nothing I did and no matter how much I soothed and cuddled etc he just wouldn't calm I had to put him down and walk away to cry and my 3rd would wake every 40 minutes until he was 1 years old we went to so many doctors and only after a year did a new doctor figure out that his tonsils and adenoids were so swollen he had apnea episodes and would therefore stop breathing and startle away my hubby and I were literal zombies but you pull through in the end no one says having a baby is easy you are raising a human, one who hasn't learned to deal with their emotions or to express themselves one who need to learn everything from scratch and everyone has a different temperament and personality to go along with that
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

S_tine05 wrote:Watching Katie go on about Brookes broke my heart, I don't think they realise how easy Gaines was compared to many children and also that every child is different and that what he is doing is simply voicing his frustrations, he cannot speak for himself and he is still a baby. I always laugh and say if my second son came first I would have cried with my other kids as he was such an easy baby slept through in his own cot from day one fed beautifully and was always a happy and calm child which considering the wreck of his dads and I relationship at the time is just amazing, my eldest on the other hand was a colic baby, lactose intolerant stopped all naps from 15 months he was very difficult and I was a teen mom he is on the spectrum as well, I remember one day he just cried for hours and I was in tears because nothing I did and no matter how much I soothed and cuddled etc he just wouldn't calm I had to put him down and walk away to cry and my 3rd would wake every 40 minutes until he was 1 years old we went to so many doctors and only after a year did a new doctor figure out that his tonsils and adenoids were so swollen he had apnea episodes and would therefore stop breathing and startle away my hubby and I were literal zombies but you pull through in the end no one says having a baby is easy you are raising a human, one who hasn't learned to deal with their emotions or to express themselves one who need to learn everything from scratch and everyone has a different temperament and personality to go along with that
And I just have to wonder-- did any of that education for her PhD sink in?
I know it's hard to see things when you're in the situation. and not just reading about it. But shouldn't a light bulb go off at some point? Was
Between her complaining about Brooks and Missy complaining about Finn, I am amazed at these women who wanted to be moms so badly. And I don't mean that if you have losses, you can't ever complain about your kids. But it seems like they do an awful lot of it.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Lord have mercy Alabama won last night. You know what we will hear about for the next week or two. ROLLLLL TIIIIIDE
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Brooks is acting like a normal toddler that can't communicate yet so yes, it's going to be tough for awhile. C&K seriously don't know how good they had it with Gaines when she was a baby or toddler, which is rare. Now they're graced with a toddler that acts like most and they just can't deal. Yes, it is super frustrating but as ImmomSD said, when they get older, it gets better and all they do is sleep. Long days, short years. They need to cherish these moments despite how rough it can be.

I'm getting to the point of being over it with all these late bedtimes and lack of routine in this family. Katie, if you know winding down is needed for bedtime, then put your foot down, show your wrath to your husband and stand your ground.

I totally understand having a place to release your frustrations, but when you have a platform that allows so many pieces of advice and don't try at least a few of them, then your venting is useless. Do something about it, don't keep complaining.

C&K, newsflash... the age that your children are, they need a much earlier bedtime such as 8pm at the latest. I get wanting to sleep in but this stage of life, it's impossible. Suck it up until they're older. It's all part of parenting.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

amf2224 wrote:Anyone else feel bad Katie stayed at home and watched the kids while Cullen got to party with his family? They are both huge Bama fans, wouldn’t they want to watch and celebrate together?!

I do feel bad that she didn't go to (what looks like) Grandberry's new house (??) but she was watching the game so... I think the kids must start back to school today. I figure that she stayed home with them so she could get them in bed at a decent hour *meaning before midnight or later when the game was over and they would get back home* bc of school.
My kids are probably hating life today, granted mine are teenagers, but they and their dad decided to stay up and watch (i was in bed at 11 with headphones on so i couldnt hear them yell lol) and i know it was well after 12:40 when they finally all went to bed. I assume they will be back in bed as soon as they step off the bus this afternoon. I feel like im the only person in GA who didn't stay up and watch last night. but either way.. ROLL DAMN TIDE!!! :lol:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

So i thinking grandberry must have moved in with her new man?
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I honestly cannot even express how absolutely obnoxious it was for them to not only allow their children to take a harmonica into a restaurant but for Cullen to be playing the damn thing aggressively while people were trying to enjoy their dinner. (Sorry for the run on sentence.) Have some respect for others space and time with their family. What a selfish asshole. What an example to set for your children whom your wife was just bitching about.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”