C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:What was Thursday's vlog? Was it the fish one? Because 212 people unsubscribed. Social Blade has their _high_ at $112K/year. So if they make somewhere in the middle, I don't know how they are getting by. I know that doesn't include sponsored posts on IG, but are they really making that much from those?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
VidIQ tends to be more accurate, and it has them making far less iirc.

They may be making enough to survive, but not to scar for retirement or college for the kids. They are counting on an inheritance or handout from GD to help with those. I guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I don’t think they’re having money problems yet. Samika and Britt Null seem to sustain their lifestyles with just IG alone. They don’t make much from YouTube. Sam was just saying that they’re financially ready to buy house. I assume C&K can ask for more money per ad since they have a larger following as of now. I actually think C&K’s problem is that they’re too comfortable.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Is what they’re currently making even worth it? they’re clearly not interested in pursuing their channel or making it better. They can barely get videos out nowadays. Just go get jobs at this point and maintain your social media for sponsorships because I’m sure with enough sponsorships they can balance out what they’re getting from their vlogs and maybe some more. YouTube is CLEARLY not a sustainable career. I’d be surprised if they’re saving anything for their future. YT isn’t long term for anyone, but there are vloggers like Ruby/Bonnie who do make a good amount of money to maintain a nice life style AND save for their futures.

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

No vlog today? I thought there was no vlog on Monday’s?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

At this rate I don’t see them vlogging in 6 months. They are struggling to get vlogs out at all, and they seem to be posted later and later each day. They need a kick in the pants to either muster up some motivation to vlog, or go find outside jobs.

Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

I personally respect Cullen for his video today and his talk. It’s been clear to most people that somethings been wrong and I’m glad he is addressing it and being honest about it, even though he could easily just have given a quick and short answer. Showing they aren’t a perfect family and speaking of his mental health I think is important especially for their age demographic. And I’m glad he addressed their lifestyle and how they are lucky but it can be hard (which is understandable). I hope this is a turning point for him, their relationship and the channel
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

My heart broke for both Cullen & Katie after seeing Cullen tear up in today’s vlog.

abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

I just gained a lot more respect for Cullen tonight after how open he was in the vlog. I sincerely hope things work out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

Sorry for double posting, but I really hope Cullen doesn't just blame himself for his marital issues. Marriage is a two way street.

beachygirly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachygirly »

Wow that was hard to watch. He kept mentioning the new house and car so part of me is wondering if it stems from money problems. Also, at the beginning Cullen said it was neither his fault nor Katie's. Then towards the end of the clip he was placing the blame on himself. So sad. I hope they get the help they need.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Dealing with death is difficult. Plus they did not do a memorial service because of Brittany’s situation. The whole mourning process was put on hold. That is hard. Not that a service ends your mourning, but a service to celebrate a loved one’s life with friends and family is helpful. I hope he gets counseling to help him cope. I hope they get couple therapy. Finally I hope Katie gets counseling for herself as I think she has things going on with mourning her miscarriages.

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

For anyone that didn't read the vlog description, Cullen mentions things changing after his dad passed away, as some of us guessed could be the issue.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I really don’t think it’s his dad’s death that is causing his current issues. He kept mentioning the new house and car, and working from home. It sounds more like financial stress and spending too much time around each other.

Whatever the issues, they need real counseling. Not a podcast for the world to hear.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:For anyone that didn't read the vlog description, Cullen mentions things changing after his dad passed away, as some of us guessed could be the issue.
Ok thanks. I didn’t read the description, so a retract I little of my last post. It definitely isn’t the only thing causing his depression though.

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

abbytalks12 wrote:Sorry for double posting, but I really hope Cullen doesn't just blame himself for his marital issues. Marriage is a two way street.

Marriage is definitely a two way street but I think the reason he blames himself is because he is the depressed one. I suffer from depression too and sadly, a depressed spouse can put a lot of strain and tension in a marriage, especially if the other spouse doesn't know how to deal with it (Which I would hope would not be the case with Katie, as she is a psychologist).
As he said, he is unhappy and takes it out on Katie, who in turn does the same to him.
I hope they figure out how to get through this and that he realises it's not his fault. Mental illness is never anyone's fault.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It’s actually sad to think about Cullen being depressed, and Katie not understanding, or not encouraging him to get professional help. Who knows, maybe she did try to get him help and he refused, but for a psychologist to not recognize symptoms of depression in her own spouse or just ignore it is concerning. I can imagine the stress Katie must be under, but she should use that degree for something and get her husband help. Again, this is all speculation and I hope Katie is aware of and taking measures to improve her husband’s mental state.

3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

That took a lot of guts to post that Vlog :( the hardest part is admitting there is an issue
the stigma about mental illness and being a man is huge and to put it out in the internet I commend him

who knows maybe she tried and he was like I'm fine there's nothing wrong...maybe she had had enough and she total him that its get help or Im done?
put I think is some way she is suffering from depression also

I really hope they can get the help the need to be happy again :love2:
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Well.
What was most “interesting” to me was both times he started his list of the stressful things in their life he started with buying the house, and buying the car.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg of the honest vlogs, although I am curious why he thought this vlog he owed it to explain. They’ve posted much weirder, more off vlogs before that I would have thought warranted this explanation.

I do hope they can work through this though.
BaffledByItAll
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BaffledByItAll »

Wow... that was a tough one to watch. I have wanted to post for a long time that I felt like Cullen reminded me a lot of my uncle who suffers from bouts of severe depression. I'm not sure why I haven't but I haven't. I thought it first when he disappeared for a day or so right after Katie mentioned their friend's father dying. I thought maybe that triggered something in him again. I honestly don't think that he's had a drinking or drug problem (though I could be wrong - one could always be wrong)... I think that his goofiness and antics are his coping mechanism, much like they are my uncle's and he isn't one to even drink a beer with a meal. Clearly Cullen does drink though, so who knows. I think what others have pointed out is that his father's death may be just a trigger, but I definitely think huge changes in their lives aren't helping. I surely hope that they get some counseling (and not going to church group counseling... REAL counseling) and truly work on their marriage and that Cullen gets the help he needs personally for himself. Depression is a scary illness and it isn't anyone's fault.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:For anyone that didn't read the vlog description, Cullen mentions things changing after his dad passed away, as some of us guessed could be the issue.

That’s a pretty easy, obvious thing to blame it on though. And it was around that time they started making big financial decisions. The Reno, the house, the car.
Like I said earlier it stood out big time to me that he talked about the house and the car but never talked about his dad until after when he was writing the description.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”