Tannerites/YAWI

ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

callie73 wrote:Azbury is the 5 year old, it's is his middle name, his first name is the same as his dad's.

Geego is a nickname for Canyon. the 2 year old.
Oh really? I didn't know that. That makes it a little bit better. Also. Jersey Asbury is spelled with an S not a Z. That makes me cringe everytime.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ytdramaqueen wrote:
callie73 wrote:Azbury is the 5 year old, it's is his middle name, his first name is the same as his dad's.

Geego is a nickname for Canyon. the 2 year old.
Oh really? I didn't know that. That makes it a little bit better. Also. Jersey Asbury is spelled with an S not a Z. That makes me cringe everytime.
When my daughter first watched them, and they kept calling him Az, I was so confused. I couldn't figure out what name could have "Az" as a nickname. I actually thought maybe they named him Aslan, lol. I mean, SlyFox named their son Caspian...
But Geego doesn't even relate to Canyon (which is also a weird name). I don't get how the girls all have traditional names, but the boys have "unique" ones.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

That is a point I have thought as well. (The boys having weird names while the girls have traditional ones). Definitely another sign of some weird religious thing going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sasperillo »

NotSusan wrote: Yes!!! Now that y’all say that, that makes sense. I feel it too. They never really share a lot of their past (the parents) and Johnny loves to comes across as über ber educated which actually ends up being condescending and passive aggressive and just obnoxious. I feel like it might have to do with their church or early on in their marriage maybe. But still.
I agree with everyone saying that they have creepy vibes. The mom seems okay to me but the dad seems really weird and not right. I would NOT leave him alone with my kids and I'm not your stereotypical paranoid person. I don't think he's trying to seem über educated either: they both seem kind of dumb and he seems like he has an inferiority complex and has to prove himself to the world. It's like that friend that everyone has on facebook who puts inspirational quotes: it's never the successful/happy ones. Also their lives and interests are completely lacking of culture. I hope we're just reading too much into it, those kids deserve to be happy.
indigo7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by indigo7 »

Nit-picky pet peeve - they spell Canyon's horrible nickname "Gego," not "Geego," but Geego is how they actually pronounce it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

indigo7 wrote:Nit-picky pet peeve - they spell Canyon's horrible nickname "Gego," not "Geego," but Geego is how they actually pronounce it.
They actually have a way to spell it? It's a nickname. Are they going to monogram his shirt with it?
Whack jobs.

nlewis214
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nlewis214 »

Have they said why they're in Thailand? Maybe I missed it. I admit I often fast forward through videos with Sarah talking because I can't stand the way she blinks like 100x a minute. She also doesn't hold the camera at a flattering angle which makes her gigantic teeth look even bigger. (I know she can't help that, but still)

loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

Elah_w wrote:I havent watched that video but wow that is so sad that she feels that way. Did the parents comfort her or even try to convince her it wasn’t true? Why would they even put that in the vlog? Because their actions support the claims she’s making.

The parents give me a weird and negative feeling that I can’t explain. Like something will be exposed about them one day. I don’t know what or why I feel that way but I feel like something is super off about them? And I’m not saying that because of their religion or anything. Does anyone know what I mean?
Yes totally. I also think it's really strange how there is little to none mentioned about johnny having a job? That plus the fact that they had their eldest at 17 and also that whole thing awhile back about having to go to court(they obviously didn't tell the whole story).

They're coming across a rather strange in the background of the other Thailand vlogs. Johnny seems tense as hell, like he's going to explode one day.

I've also posted before about how someone in the comments said that johnny got fired because of sexual harassment claims. I wouldn't want to ever accuse anyone of something so serious but it is interesting..

Poor Sarah always seems like she is on Valium
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nlewis214 wrote:Have they said why they're in Thailand? Maybe I missed it. I admit I often fast forward through videos with Sarah talking because I can't stand the way she blinks like 100x a minute. She also doesn't hold the camera at a flattering angle which makes her gigantic teeth look even bigger. (I know she can't help that, but still)

I don't know which couple instigated the trip. Ruby and Kevin go on trips with April and Davey all the time. They went to Italy together and to Orlando. I think it's funny that just recently Davey was complaining about money because their vlogs got demonetized, and here they are in Thailand, which although not crazy expensive once you get there, is pretty pricey for tickets. I think the Tannerites are trying to ride the coattails of the bigger vloggers.

NotSusan
Informer
Informer

Unread post by NotSusan »

lmmomSD wrote:
HeyKatie wrote:They don’t call Azbury gego, that’s Canyon’s terrible nickname.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks. Guess we got them mixed up!

Geego is horrible.

Agreed. Still terrible. Gego? Where would that even come from? A lot of times nicknames come from younger siblings mispronouncing your names as they are learning but he’s the youngest AND they sound nothing alike. And it’s less the nickname and more the slew of rhymes that follows that I find beyond creepy.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

loulouinnz wrote:
Elah_w wrote:I havent watched that video but wow that is so sad that she feels that way. Did the parents comfort her or even try to convince her it wasn’t true? Why would they even put that in the vlog? Because their actions support the claims she’s making.

The parents give me a weird and negative feeling that I can’t explain. Like something will be exposed about them one day. I don’t know what or why I feel that way but I feel like something is super off about them? And I’m not saying that because of their religion or anything. Does anyone know what I mean?
Yes totally. I also think it's really strange how there is little to none mentioned about johnny having a job? That plus the fact that they had their eldest at 17 and also that whole thing awhile back about having to go to court(they obviously didn't tell the whole story).

They're coming across a rather strange in the background of the other Thailand vlogs. Johnny seems tense as hell, like he's going to explode one day.

I've also posted before about how someone in the comments said that johnny got fired because of sexual harassment claims. I wouldn't want to ever accuse anyone of something so serious but it is interesting..

Poor Sarah always seems like she is on Valium
The court thing was related to the “break-in”. Johnny was VERY ambiguous about it but it was clear that he left out a lot of context. From what he said I’m 80% certain that it probably went down something like this: Branson and some girl did something they weren’t supposed to and got discovered. The girl’s boyfriend or brother (or friend?) then came to their house with her in the car to beat Branson up and charged into the house when he opened the door. That’s when Johnny intervened and hit the guy and the girl also came in to break them apart. Sounds like they got charged and Johnny and Branson were found not at fault. Most likely the indiscretion with the girl is why Branson had to delay his mission. I can see Johnny getting accused of sexual harassment. He is super creepy. I can 100% see him making a pass at a coworker or worse. A lot of these family guys who have a hard on for purity and that kind of bullshit are like that because they themselves are obsessed with sex like that Duggar guy and shay Carl. The strict rules about intimacy these guys are told they should live by do not work for a lot of people so instead of forgetting about them and having a healthy, consensual sex life or an open marriage or pursuing their fetish honestly with their partner (or with her blessing) they pretend like they’re okay with the rules and then sneak around or worse- abuse someone. Not accusing Johnny of any of this, but strict and close minded religious groups make this kind of behavior way more common than in normal society if the Catholic Church scandals and the Jehova’s witness coverups are of any indication.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Does anyone know Johnny's real first name?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
ElleBM13
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ElleBM13 »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:Does anyone know Johnny's real first name?

I'm pretty sure that Johnny's real name is actually just Johnny (or he's changed it in the past). Not to be weird but if you check White Pages he comes up as Johnny Tanner living in Orem, UT.
NotSusan
Informer
Informer

ElleBM13 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:Does anyone know Johnny's real first name?

I'm pretty sure that Johnny's real name is actually just Johnny (or he's changed it in the past). Not to be weird but if you check White Pages he comes up as Johnny Tanner living in Orem, UT.
To sound even creepier, I think it’s John Tanner Jr.. His hometown is Santaquin Utah. No idea what his bday is to crosscheck if that’s his actual name or not though.
nlewis214
Amateur
Amateur

I googled him out of curiosity and there was a public record court case against a Johnny tanner in Utah dealing with sexual abuse from 2009 I think. I'm not 100% sure if it's him as idk his middle name but it definitely sounds like it's him when I read it.

NotSusan
Informer
Informer

nlewis214 wrote:I googled him out of curiosity and there was a public record court case against a Johnny tanner in Utah dealing with sexual abuse from 2009 I think. I'm not 100% sure if it's him as idk his middle name but it definitely sounds like it's him when I read it.

What? Was there a middle initial?
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

That's not him I don't think. I think he's johnny ray tanner. Same name as his dad. His family's Facebook pages are open.

Also found out he actually does own a non YouTube company too, maybe I was judging him too harshly, it could be successful enough that he can spend a lot of time at home. He is wearing his company shirt in the latest vlog.

Also I wondered if Brandon's ex went on a mission because I assume the church judges women more harshly- she has gone though, so that's good.
nlewis214
Amateur
Amateur

Am I the only one that can barely understand what canyon says when he's trying to talk?

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

nlewis214 wrote:Am I the only one that can barely understand what canyon says when he's trying to talk?

No, I can't ever understand him either, I wonder if it's part of the reason he throws so many fits because he can't express himself with language, I would hope they would be working with him but I doubt it!
PoppyFlower1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoppyFlower1 »

these guys creep my out big time! and whats with this "you are worth it" you have to be a complete narsasstic ego maniac to believe that your catch phrase actually has an impact on anyones day.

Return to “Q-Z”