• Advertisement
    

C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby askeptichere » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:30 pm

Baconsgirl wrote:Hey parents that have toddlers and ones that have before, did y’all let your kids help pick out their class valentines or did y’all do it? I thought at least Gaines could have helped.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my son to Walmart today, and he picked out the ones he wanted. Thomas the Train ones that literally cost $.98, but he was so excited to get them home and sign them. Who TF cares what they look like? It’s all gonna end up in the trash by the weekend. That’s the main thing I hate about all this Pinterest pressure on holidays. No one is cherishing a Valentine your kid brings home from school. Guaranteed Gaines would have been 10x happier with a cheap box of Trolls or Ninja Turtle Valentines.

*Edited to add that I didn’t watch the vlog so I have no idea what they picked for Gaines. I just assume Katie went overboard and Pinteresty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3240 times
Been thanked: 7517 times

Advertisement

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby marshmallowfluf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 pm

askeptichere wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:Hey parents that have toddlers and ones that have before, did y’all let your kids help pick out their class valentines or did y’all do it? I thought at least Gaines could have helped.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my son to Walmart today, and he picked out the ones he wanted. Thomas the Train ones that literally cost $.98, but he was so excited to get them home and sign them. Who TF cares what they look like? It’s all gonna end up in the trash by the weekend. That’s the main thing I hate about all this Pinterest pressure on holidays. No one is cherishing a Valentine your kid brings home from school. Guaranteed Gaines would have been 10x happier with a cheap box of Trolls or Ninja Turtle Valentines.

*Edited to add that I didn’t watch the vlog so I have no idea what they picked for Gaines. I just assume Katie went overboard and Pinteresty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thats what i assumed too but she bought her trolls valentines that come with candy. So i think Gaines was just fine with that.
User avatar
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 2496 times
Been thanked: 7817 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby askeptichere » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:40 pm

marshmallowfluf wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:Hey parents that have toddlers and ones that have before, did y’all let your kids help pick out their class valentines or did y’all do it? I thought at least Gaines could have helped.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my son to Walmart today, and he picked out the ones he wanted. Thomas the Train ones that literally cost $.98, but he was so excited to get them home and sign them. Who TF cares what they look like? It’s all gonna end up in the trash by the weekend. That’s the main thing I hate about all this Pinterest pressure on holidays. No one is cherishing a Valentine your kid brings home from school. Guaranteed Gaines would have been 10x happier with a cheap box of Trolls or Ninja Turtle Valentines.

*Edited to add that I didn’t watch the vlog so I have no idea what they picked for Gaines. I just assume Katie went overboard and Pinteresty.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Thats what i assumed too but she bought her trolls valentines that come with candy. So i think Gaines was just fine with that.

Oh ok, well we know Gaines loves Trolls, so I don’t see it as that big of an issue then. I’d roll my eyes if Katie tried to go the same route that she did for Halloween and DIY something last minute.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3240 times
Been thanked: 7517 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Baconsgirl » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 pm

I guess the real think irked me was she didn’t pick them out herself


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl
Gossiper
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 2402 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Scar2016 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 am

Theirmom wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Probably wild speculation but I wonder if one of them is cheating and Cullen used that title as either a dig at Katie or a dumb "joke" to make himself laugh. If Katie doesn't know that he actually is being unfaithful I can totally see him doing something like that, it fits perfectly with his sense of "humor."


They’re both too lazy for an affair. They literally went home to put PJs on to go to a movie, and Katie slept through it. They’re too lazy to date EACH OTHER, never mind try to have a secret side piece.

And this is what - a mere few weeks into their 'mammoth' effort at reconnecting with each other and saving-their-marriage. We all knew their laziness would jettison their attempts at getting their marriage back on track. They will continue the cycle ad infinitum and never actually improve anything.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 1764
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm
Has thanked: 1737 times
Been thanked: 8730 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 am

Baconsgirl wrote:I guess the real think irked me was she didn’t pick them out herself


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get it. I know it's fine that they got Trolls, but the fact that neither Katie nor Kelly let their kids pick out their Valentines is kind of weird.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79413 times
Been thanked: 70629 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:44 am

Maybe picking the valentines would have ended in tears bc they wouldn't be able to decide between all of them? I picked my kids stuff like that a couple times bc mine were overwhelmed by choices and had a mental breakdown one year. We left without them and i came back later and bought the ones i thought they would like and they were both happy. Did the same thing the next year too without even consulting them about it. The year after that they were old enough to make a decision without losing their minds. Plus it looked like they went through several options before picking the candy ones they did. I don't really have an issue with them picking out the stuff at their age. Now Kelly should let her kid pick their own, they are plenty old enough. Unless Bennett just doesn't care (like most boys his age) then mom can have at it. lol
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9903 times
Been thanked: 38075 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Baconsgirl » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm

With the tragedy of Jays mom passing away, I hope Cullen and Katie decide not to drive while filming. I by no means feel the passing had anything to with distracted driving, but it brings up the point about drivers safety.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl
Gossiper
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 140 times
Been thanked: 2402 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:32 pm

It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6151
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9903 times
Been thanked: 38075 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Toodles123 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Playsinrain wrote:It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
That little speech got to me. I went and picked up my almost 5 month old son and broke down crying myself. Becoming a mom made me a softy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Toodles123
Talker
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 am
Has thanked: 5208 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:52 pm

Toodles123 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
That little speech got to me. I went and picked up my almost 5 month old son and broke down crying myself. Becoming a mom made me a softy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they say all this stuff for the vlog, and then Cullen takes Bennett to Nordstrom to get fitted for a suit, and uploads all these instastories like it's some big joke. I will bet anything that Bennett is getting a suit for his grandmother's funeral. So putting Vanilla Ice music in the background of Bennett getting fitted like it's for some big date is just not right. And Cullen cracks himself up way too much.
I understand that he probably wants to cheer Bennett up because his grandmother just died, but he can do that without posting it all over the internet. It's just disrespectful. And my daughter says "That's just Cullen. Disrespectful"
And crying for the vlog then doing that just seems disingenuous. How much of it is real?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79413 times
Been thanked: 70629 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby askeptichere » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Yeah, Cullen’s instastories with Bennet getting fitted for a suit was in poor taste. Bennet needs to have fun and be cheered up, but don’t post it all over the internet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3240 times
Been thanked: 7517 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 pm

askeptichere wrote:Yeah, Cullen’s instastories with Bennet getting fitted for a suit was in poor taste. Bennet needs to have fun and be cheered up, but don’t post it all over the internet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It 100% seemed like it was for Cullen, not Bennett.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79413 times
Been thanked: 70629 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:56 pm

And he's just posted more, where they both sound totally wasted. He was all giggly, and got Katie to try to go down the slide, and she got stuck. And they both had giggle fits.
Have a couple after the kids go to bed?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79413 times
Been thanked: 70629 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby cynthiadancer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 pm

The tweet may have seemed impersonal but twitter is not real life. Cullen said that he texted with Jay, they've obviously seen each other in person and will be (I'm assuming) attending the funeral. It's ok with me if he didn't put out a heartfelt tweet on twitter.
cynthiadancer
Amateur
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:27 pm

cynthiadancer wrote:The tweet may have seemed impersonal but twitter is not real life. Cullen said that he texted with Jay, they've obviously seen each other in person and will be (I'm assuming) attending the funeral. It's ok with me if he didn't put out a heartfelt tweet on twitter.


I might agree, but what he IG’d is definitely not sensitive.

It’s always fun and games with Cullen lately. Life is perfect


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11658
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 12888 times
Been thanked: 53525 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby whatthepho » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:42 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
That little speech got to me. I went and picked up my almost 5 month old son and broke down crying myself. Becoming a mom made me a softy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they say all this stuff for the vlog, and then Cullen takes Bennett to Nordstrom to get fitted for a suit, and uploads all these instastories like it's some big joke. I will bet anything that Bennett is getting a suit for his grandmother's funeral. So putting Vanilla Ice music in the background of Bennett getting fitted like it's for some big date is just not right. And Cullen cracks himself up way too much.
I understand that he probably wants to cheer Bennett up because his grandmother just died, but he can do that without posting it all over the internet. It's just disrespectful. And my daughter says "That's just Cullen. Disrespectful"
And crying for the vlog then doing that just seems disingenuous. How much of it is real?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was just coming to say the same. And encouraging him to run up and down the escalators they let all of those kids do whatever they want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
whatthepho
Talker
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm
Has thanked: 2930 times
Been thanked: 613 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby twomommies » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

whatthepho wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:[quote="Playsinrain"]It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
That little speech got to me. I went and picked up my almost 5 month old son and broke down crying myself. Becoming a mom made me a softy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they say all this stuff for the vlog, and then Cullen takes Bennett to Nordstrom to get fitted for a suit, and uploads all these instastories like it's some big joke. I will bet anything that Bennett is getting a suit for his grandmother's funeral. So putting Vanilla Ice music in the background of Bennett getting fitted like it's for some big date is just not right. And Cullen cracks himself up way too much.
I understand that he probably wants to cheer Bennett up because his grandmother just died, but he can do that without posting it all over the internet. It's just disrespectful. And my daughter says "That's just Cullen. Disrespectful"
And crying for the vlog then doing that just seems disingenuous. How much of it is real?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I was just coming to say the same. And encouraging him to run up and down the escalators they let all of those kids do whatever they want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk[/quote]Until they rip off a leg doing that on an escalator.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 5547
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:43 am
Has thanked: 103343 times
Been thanked: 7897 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby askeptichere » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Katie keeps mentioning "acts of service" whenever Cullen does something. Isn't that Cullen's love language and KATIE should be the one doing acts of service for him?

Image
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3240 times
Been thanked: 7517 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:32 pm

askeptichere wrote:Katie keeps mentioning "acts of service" whenever Cullen does something. Isn't that Cullen's love language and KATIE should be the one doing acts of service for him?

Image
It is beginning to look like Katie's "love language" is whatever Katie wants at the time. And what Katie wants Katie gets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79413 times
Been thanked: 70629 times

C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby askeptichere » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm

WTF is wrong with Cullen!? Hours after a horrific tragedy in a Florida high school, he instastories his 3 year old daughter and 12 year old niece using a pellet gun that looks like a real hand gun, and used the phrase “kill him” when Madeline is aiming at the target. Fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3240 times
Been thanked: 7517 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:44 pm

askeptichere wrote:WTF is wrong with Cullen!? Hours after a horrific tragedy in a Florida high school, he instastories his 3 year old daughter and 12 year old niece using a pellet gun that looks like a real hand gun, and used the phrase “kill him” when Madeline is aiming at the target. Fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


He’s lost his mind. He isn’t better at all, I think he’s just gone back to masking it with substances.

The next crisis he has is going to be a big one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11658
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 12888 times
Been thanked: 53525 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:16 pm

askeptichere wrote:WTF is wrong with Cullen!? Hours after a horrific tragedy in a Florida high school, he instastories his 3 year old daughter and 12 year old niece using a pellet gun that looks like a real hand gun, and used the phrase “kill him” when Madeline is aiming at the target. Fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And he's cackling away. It's sick. 17 kids were killed. WTF is he thinking? He's got his 3 year old daughter playing first person shooters, and then playing with a BB gun that looks real.

Plus, he's got Bennett doing the "Cash me outside" thing now. Not only is it inappropriate, it is OUT, and has been for a while.
I get that the kids need to be cheered up. But this is not how to go about it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79413 times
Been thanked: 70629 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Lovethesnark » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:13 pm

I don’t even know what to say. He knows what’s going on in the world. He’s deliberately trying to cause outrage. Nothing like controversy to get attention. He’s really pathetic. He’s probably depressed because he realizes that he’s a sad sack of shit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 am
Has thanked: 790 times
Been thanked: 5817 times

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Postby Cgl33 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 pm

I’m just getting caught up to what’s been going on recently with them. I missed vlogs where people could sense the tension between them. I stopped watching them after they moved because it was boring. I genuinely don’t think they are bad people. I think they are really going through some serious depression and marital difficulties and have no idea what to do with YouTube. How do you make videos for people that they want to watch when it could take time- months to years- to work in mental illness? All of these full time family youtubers have backed themselves into a corner. YouTube seemed too good to be true and now it’s showing that it was/is.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2105
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:41 pm
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 12669 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement