• Advertisement
    

The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby marshmallowfluf » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 pm

It was probably taken down because there was music playing during their vows (i think it was Ed Sheeran) and Cullen was the one that edited that video so he should have known better than to leave that music in.
User avatar
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 2493 times
Been thanked: 7814 times

Advertisement

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Did anyone else notice Katie was wearing VERY casual clothes at the "wedding"? Even Cullen was in a suit, but Katie was dressed way down - basically a sweater and long-sleeved t-shirt! I'm thinking she didn't even want to be there and probably doesn't think highly of Britney or Cory and their situation.

I honestly don't think Katie even stayed for the ceremony - she's in one shot and then gone and no kids were there.
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1179 times
Been thanked: 8218 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Caisflame » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 am

ewokfan11 wrote:Did anyone else notice Katie was wearing VERY casual clothes at the "wedding"? Even Cullen was in a suit, but Katie was dressed way down - basically a sweater and long-sleeved t-shirt! I'm thinking she didn't even want to be there and probably doesn't think highly of Britney or Cory and their situation.

I honestly don't think Katie even stayed for the ceremony - she's in one shot and then gone and no kids were there.


You can see her at the ceremony around 6:50 and hear her laughing a little later in the video too.
User avatar
Caisflame
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2440 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:53 am

I have nothing against getting married before or after the birth of a child, do what works best for you. We eloped with no baby or pregnancy involved, and I honestly wouldn't change it because it was perfect for us. I know a lot of people like the traditions and the big wedding, so different strokes for different folks I suppose.

But it seems pretty clear that the rush to get married had to do with putting Brittany on Cory's health insurance and Cory getting US citizenship so that he can stay in the US. Frankly I'm surprised he found work in the US, but perhaps he won a work visa lottery. I wouldn't side-eye it, except she was out of prison and living with him for like a month before they decided to become parents and get married?

The fact that they want the big, traditional wedding and the bachelor/bachelorette parties with a newborn in tow tells me they haven't grown up and moved on in their mindsets. A baby is a huge shift in priorities, or at least it should be. You are no longer the center of the universe.

I think they're both going to have a hard time coming to terms with that. He seems like a man-child, but he's the sole provider supporting them, so perhaps he's more mature. He did mention on video that he doesn't like his job and plans to move on to work for himself, but let's see how that goes with a wife and family to support. Brittany seems like she's used to being able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants with zero planning or forethought, prison aside. This will be like watching a train wreck. I predict they won't have a set filming schedule and will disappear for weeks at a time whenever a big fight takes place.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby askeptichere » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 am

The wedding video is the first of theirs that I watched. Brittany irritates me, but I thought it was a sweet ceremony. A few things...

Has Corey always been that big? For some reason I remember him being thinner when we first saw him in C&K's vlogs when Brittany first got out of prison.

Katie looked out of place in her outfit of choice. She dresses nicer to go to church, so why not at your sister-in-law's wedding? If nothing else, dress to match your husband who was wearing a jacket and tie. Didn't she get a nicer dress in her last Kohl's haul? I've never seen her wear half the stuff she showed in that, unless a lot was returned.

I thought the letters at the end were really sweet, but I wonder why she didn't do one for her mom? They always talk about how proud their dad would be, but never Berry.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3236 times
Been thanked: 7512 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:25 am

askeptichere wrote:The wedding video is the first of theirs that I watched. Brittany irritates me, but I thought it was a sweet ceremony. A few things...

Has Corey always been that big? For some reason I remember him being thinner when we first saw him in C&K's vlogs when Brittany first got out of prison.

Katie looked out of place in her outfit of choice. She dresses nicer to go to church, so why not at your sister-in-law's wedding? If nothing else, dress to match your husband who was wearing a jacket and tie. Didn't she get a nicer dress in her last Kohl's haul? I've never seen her wear half the stuff she showed in that, unless a lot was returned.

I thought the letters at the end were really sweet, but I wonder why she didn't do one for her mom? They always talk about how proud their dad would be, but never Berry.


I haven't watched the video, but i feel like Howard was a tough man to please. I feel like Berry is the type to always let her children know she is proud of them... Howard, not so much..
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9899 times
Been thanked: 38067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby calliepaige » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:43 am

So ARE they moving to Montana or is he just going for awhile? That part is confusing me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
calliepaige
Gossiper
 
Posts: 938
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 pm
Has thanked: 4448 times
Been thanked: 3697 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am

HashtagBlessed wrote:I have nothing against getting married before or after the birth of a child, do what works best for you. We eloped with no baby or pregnancy involved, and I honestly wouldn't change it because it was perfect for us. I know a lot of people like the traditions and the big wedding, so different strokes for different folks I suppose.

But it seems pretty clear that the rush to get married had to do with putting Brittany on Cory's health insurance and Cory getting US citizenship so that he can stay in the US. Frankly I'm surprised he found work in the US, but perhaps he won a work visa lottery. I wouldn't side-eye it, except she was out of prison and living with him for like a month before they decided to become parents and get married?

The fact that they want the big, traditional wedding and the bachelor/bachelorette parties with a newborn in tow tells me they haven't grown up and moved on in their mindsets. A baby is a huge shift in priorities, or at least it should be. You are no longer the center of the universe.

I think they're both going to have a hard time coming to terms with that. He seems like a man-child, but he's the sole provider supporting them, so perhaps he's more mature. He did mention on video that he doesn't like his job and plans to move on to work for himself, but let's see how that goes with a wife and family to support. Brittany seems like she's used to being able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants with zero planning or forethought, prison aside. This will be like watching a train wreck. I predict they won't have a set filming schedule and will disappear for weeks at a time whenever a big fight takes place.
He is a big man-child. I stalked his Instagram yesterday. Lots of party pictures, and that picture from his friends' wedding where he says he put rolls in everyone's suit pockets and purses when they weren't looking? What adult does that?
I definitely don't side eye getting married after finding out they're pregnant. I am actually glad they got married. I have never understood people who were willing to have children with someone, but not marry them. Children mean that person is in your life _forever_.
Anyway, I agree that wanting the big wedding and bachelor and bachelorette parties when there's a baby on the way shows that they are still very immature. But since they are planning it for 2019, maybe they will come to their senses after the baby is born.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14809
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79361 times
Been thanked: 70594 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

They are already married, so having a second wedding later just seems ridiculous and attention whorish to me. If you wanted a “pretty princess day” with all the bells and whistles then you should have made better choices.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t give up a Saturday to go watch a fake wedding. Nope!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 11656
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 12882 times
Been thanked: 53508 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby marshmallowfluf » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am

HelloSweetie wrote:They are already married, so having a second wedding later just seems ridiculous and attention whorish to me. If you wanted a “pretty princess day” with all the bells and whistles then you should have made better choices.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn’t give up a Saturday to go watch a fake wedding. Nope!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Ive never understood fake weddings, but especially over a year later? Did she say May of 2019? Lol no one is going to care by then..
User avatar
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm
Has thanked: 2493 times
Been thanked: 7814 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am

I did a fake wedding. I have to out myself. I married my ex to get on his health insurance. I was on a very expensive treatment for endometriosis. But we had already set the date for the church wedding, and almost nobody knew it was fake. And my family really wanted the whole wedding thing-- it wasn't just me. We use weddings as an excuse to get all the cousins together.
But we didn't have a baby on the way, and the fake wedding was only a few months after the courthouse one. If we had been expecting, there's no way we would have wasted the money on a church wedding.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14809
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79361 times
Been thanked: 70594 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am

That’s another thing, throwing yourself a big wedding when you have a new baby seems like a waste of money, unless you have a lot of disposable income. She’s not working. He’s said that he is a welding inspector for an engineering company, but he finds it boring and he wants to leave. He says that he has “a lot of other things in the works” and he hopes to retire early. Hmm okay. This is by no means scientific, but a certified welding inspector makes about $61,084 at the median nationally based on 155 profiles, according to Payscale.com. It looks like they say the median is probably lower in Birmingham, more like $45K. That’s definitely not “retire early” money when you have a family to support on one income. I assume the woodworking company is the business they talked about starting. I can’t imagine how they plan to support a family on that, but I’m not an expert. It sounds like he was probably making good money when he was single and was willing to live wherever/travel for work often/not have a personal life, and that's why he was able to buy real estate, but I would be surprised if he’s making that kind of money in Birmingham.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby ewokfan11 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm

HashtagBlessed wrote:That’s another thing, throwing yourself a big wedding when you have a new baby seems like a waste of money, unless you have a lot of disposable income. She’s not working. He’s said that he is a welding inspector for an engineering company, but he finds it boring and he wants to leave. He says that he has “a lot of other things in the works” and he hopes to retire early. Hmm okay. This is by no means scientific, but a certified welding inspector makes about $61,084 at the median nationally based on 155 profiles, according to Payscale.com. It looks like they say the median is probably lower in Birmingham, more like $45K. That’s definitely not “retire early” money when you have a family to support on one income. I assume the woodworking company is the business they talked about starting. I can’t imagine how they plan to support a family on that, but I’m not an expert. It sounds like he was probably making good money when he was single and was willing to live wherever/travel for work often/not have a personal life, and that's why he was able to buy real estate, but I would be surprised if he’s making that kind of money in Birmingham.


Well, he HAS to keep that job if he wants to stay in the US. He's not a citizen just because they got married -it's actually a long process. Austin Null's brother married a Canadian and she showed the HUGE binder of paperwork she had to submit to get her green card after they were married. I think she was in the US on a student visa. I'm pretty sure Cory has to keep his work visa or he'll have to go back to Canada at least six months a year.

I also remember Lilly Singh said getting her green card took like TWO years and lots of lawyers.

I just Googled it and it says it takes about THREE years to get a green card after marrying a US citizen. YIKES. Maybe there are some other loopholes, but I think he needs to keep his work visa. Plus, that woodworking business seems more like a hobby then a REAL source of income for a family of three.

I wonder if some of their fights are about Britney not going back to work. I mean, she SHOULD do something - she doesn't even vlog very often. Or maybe Cory wasn't really all that ready to have a kid like 5 minutes after getting married - or get married like 10 minutes after she got out of prison. I think Britney has been pushing this all on him and he's a pushover!
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1724
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1179 times
Been thanked: 8218 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby japaluvr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 pm

If he didn't want a child so soon, he should have worn protection. If Brittany was forcing it, then that is obviously a huge red flag. Although, it didn't appear he minded when C&K were casually joking about them getting pregnant soon.

This whole thing is just a horrible reality TV show.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
User avatar
japaluvr
Informer
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:51 am
Has thanked: 351 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm

But that wedding they are planning will be fake wedding #2 right?? LOL!! didn't someone find the marriage license from sometime in December? So (and i haven't watched yet) if they just had a court house wedding, and then the ceremony they just had.. that would make 3 weddings.. unless the original wedding the one we are seeing now, just on a major delay..
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9899 times
Been thanked: 38067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby japaluvr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:22 pm

Playsinrain wrote:But that wedding they are planning will be fake wedding #2 right?? LOL!! didn't someone find the marriage license from sometime in December? So (and i haven't watched yet) if they just had a court house wedding, and then the ceremony they just had.. that would make 3 weddings.. unless the original wedding the one we are seeing now, just on a major delay..


Their wedding according to the vlog was on December 26th, Boxing Day which they still had Christmas decor up. I don't know why they waited so long to show us the wedding video, especially since they claimed the baby was conceived in wedlock.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
User avatar
japaluvr
Informer
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:51 am
Has thanked: 351 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm

japaluvr wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:But that wedding they are planning will be fake wedding #2 right?? LOL!! didn't someone find the marriage license from sometime in December? So (and i haven't watched yet) if they just had a court house wedding, and then the ceremony they just had.. that would make 3 weddings.. unless the original wedding the one we are seeing now, just on a major delay..


Their wedding according to the vlog was on December 26th, Boxing Day which they still had Christmas decor up. I don't know why they waited so long to show us the wedding video, especially since they claimed the baby was conceived in wedlock.


Ok then i guess that one wasn't a fake one. LOL!!! i guess that little trip to the cabin was the baby maker??? Has she said how far along she is?
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9899 times
Been thanked: 38067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby 3BoysandaLilMiss » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:41 pm

she is due around the 26th of September so going by that she would be coming up to 8wks?
3BoysandaLilMiss
Amateur
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:27 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 218 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:54 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:That’s another thing, throwing yourself a big wedding when you have a new baby seems like a waste of money, unless you have a lot of disposable income. She’s not working. He’s said that he is a welding inspector for an engineering company, but he finds it boring and he wants to leave. He says that he has “a lot of other things in the works” and he hopes to retire early. Hmm okay. This is by no means scientific, but a certified welding inspector makes about $61,084 at the median nationally based on 155 profiles, according to Payscale.com. It looks like they say the median is probably lower in Birmingham, more like $45K. That’s definitely not “retire early” money when you have a family to support on one income. I assume the woodworking company is the business they talked about starting. I can’t imagine how they plan to support a family on that, but I’m not an expert. It sounds like he was probably making good money when he was single and was willing to live wherever/travel for work often/not have a personal life, and that's why he was able to buy real estate, but I would be surprised if he’s making that kind of money in Birmingham.


Well, he HAS to keep that job if he wants to stay in the US. He's not a citizen just because they got married -it's actually a long process. Austin Null's brother married a Canadian and she showed the HUGE binder of paperwork she had to submit to get her green card after they were married. I think she was in the US on a student visa. I'm pretty sure Cory has to keep his work visa or he'll have to go back to Canada at least six months a year.

I also remember Lilly Singh said getting her green card took like TWO years and lots of lawyers.

I just Googled it and it says it takes about THREE years to get a green card after marrying a US citizen. YIKES. Maybe there are some other loopholes, but I think he needs to keep his work visa. Plus, that woodworking business seems more like a hobby then a REAL source of income for a family of three.

I wonder if some of their fights are about Britney not going back to work. I mean, she SHOULD do something - she doesn't even vlog very often. Or maybe Cory wasn't really all that ready to have a kid like 5 minutes after getting married - or get married like 10 minutes after she got out of prison. I think Britney has been pushing this all on him and he's a pushover!


Thanks for the info! I had no idea. It definitely sounds like it is a process. I’m curious how he was able to get a job in the US. I imagine his employer would have had to sponsor him for a work visa. I don’t know how common that is, but my understanding is that it’s fairly rare because it's a hassle for the employer. But maybe they're short on welding inspectors in Birmingham. He didn’t win the lottery, because that’s only for individuals from countries underrepresented in US immigration and Canada does not qualify.

I didn’t realize that they are claiming they conceived after their wedding day of Dec. 26. I assumed they were out of the first trimester if they were announcing, but I guess not. They would have had to conceive within like the first week of their marriage for her to be due in September and she’s only 8 weeks along. Seems a bit soon to me for a public announcement, but that’s the YouTube way I suppose.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Ducklings4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm

You know what they say the first ones are always early and the rest take 9 months.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Gossiper
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 519 times
Been thanked: 4827 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Ok watching this vlog about the wedding, i'm confused. They said they got pregnant before they were married but yet say that she got pregnant over new years? that is after boxing day.... ??????????
About how Katie was dressed... no one other than Britney, Corey and Cullen were dressed up.. I assume she just asked Cullen to wear a suit bc he was giving her away? Everyone else was very casual as well.
The notes to cullen and her dad got me a little...i'm a sap lol.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9899 times
Been thanked: 38067 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Toodles123 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Personal. She most likely got pregnant after their wedding. I had my son last September and conceived him early January so she had to have conceived in the first 2 weeks of January. My due date was September 29'th ( he decided to arrive Sept 20'th).

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Toodles123
Talker
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 am
Has thanked: 5158 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby foreversoulmates » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Playsinrain wrote:Ok watching this vlog about the wedding, i'm confused. They said they got pregnant before they were married but yet say that she got pregnant over new years? that is after boxing day.... ??????????
About how Katie was dressed... no one other than Britney, Corey and Cullen were dressed up.. I assume she just asked Cullen to wear a suit bc he was giving her away? Everyone else was very casual as well.
The notes to cullen and her dad got me a little...i'm a sap lol.



She said she got pregnant in wedlock. That means married. Out of wedlock is not married.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 524 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Lovethesnark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Ducklings4 wrote:You know what they say the first ones are always early and the rest take 9 months.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


My friend had a baby who was supposedly 8 weeks early. He weighed 10 pounds and was completely healthy. LOL
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:49 am
Has thanked: 790 times
Been thanked: 5817 times

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Postby Playsinrain » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:49 pm

foreversoulmates wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Ok watching this vlog about the wedding, i'm confused. They said they got pregnant before they were married but yet say that she got pregnant over new years? that is after boxing day.... ??????????
About how Katie was dressed... no one other than Britney, Corey and Cullen were dressed up.. I assume she just asked Cullen to wear a suit bc he was giving her away? Everyone else was very casual as well.
The notes to cullen and her dad got me a little...i'm a sap lol.



She said she got pregnant in wedlock. That means married. Out of wedlock is not married.



DUHHH... i'm such a good listener, LMAO! I heard wedlock and thought she said OUT of wedlock. Thank you for being my ears. :lol:
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9899 times
Been thanked: 38067 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]

  • Advertisement