C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Baconsgirl

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

That tweet was disappointing about Jays mom. I thought he could do better considering his own experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Baconsgirl wrote:That tweet was disappointing about Jays mom. I thought he could do better considering his own experience.

It would have been better to just not say anything at all on social media. They spent holidays with Jay's mother. She wasn't a stranger. I hope the vlogs are tasteful. I really hope they won't use her death as clickbait. I don't trust that they won't.
Baconsgirl

Lovethesnark wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:That tweet was disappointing about Jays mom. I thought he could do better considering his own experience.

It would have been better to just not say anything at all on social media. They spent holidays with Jay's mother. She wasn't a stranger. I hope the vlogs are tasteful. I really hope they won't use her death as clickbait. I don't trust that they won't.
I agree but since he did I don’t think it was appropriate.

Baconsgirl

Hey parents that have toddlers and ones that have before, did y’all let your kids help pick out their class valentines or did y’all do it? I thought at least Gaines could have helped.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Baconsgirl wrote:Hey parents that have toddlers and ones that have before, did y’all let your kids help pick out their class valentines or did y’all do it? I thought at least Gaines could have helped.

My kids picked them out! Always. She didn't let Gaines choose which one she wanted?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:Hey parents that have toddlers and ones that have before, did y’all let your kids help pick out their class valentines or did y’all do it? I thought at least Gaines could have helped.

My kids picked them out! Always. She didn't let Gaines choose which one she wanted?

Kelly didn't let her kids pick them out either. I thought it was odd.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Gaines is at a perfect age to have picked them out herself. It was weird that they picked them for her. My favorite part of Valentine's as a kid was picking treats/cards to give.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by askeptichere »

I took my son to Walmart today, and he picked out the ones he wanted. Thomas the Train ones that literally cost $.98, but he was so excited to get them home and sign them. Who TF cares what they look like? It’s all gonna end up in the trash by the weekend. That’s the main thing I hate about all this Pinterest pressure on holidays. No one is cherishing a Valentine your kid brings home from school. Guaranteed Gaines would have been 10x happier with a cheap box of Trolls or Ninja Turtle Valentines.

*Edited to add that I didn’t watch the vlog so I have no idea what they picked for Gaines. I just assume Katie went overboard and Pinteresty.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

askeptichere wrote:

I took my son to Walmart today, and he picked out the ones he wanted. Thomas the Train ones that literally cost $.98, but he was so excited to get them home and sign them. Who TF cares what they look like? It’s all gonna end up in the trash by the weekend. That’s the main thing I hate about all this Pinterest pressure on holidays. No one is cherishing a Valentine your kid brings home from school. Guaranteed Gaines would have been 10x happier with a cheap box of Trolls or Ninja Turtle Valentines.

*Edited to add that I didn’t watch the vlog so I have no idea what they picked for Gaines. I just assume Katie went overboard and Pinteresty.

Thats what i assumed too but she bought her trolls valentines that come with candy. So i think Gaines was just fine with that.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:
askeptichere wrote:

Thats what i assumed too but she bought her trolls valentines that come with candy. So i think Gaines was just fine with that.
Oh ok, well we know Gaines loves Trolls, so I don’t see it as that big of an issue then. I’d roll my eyes if Katie tried to go the same route that she did for Halloween and DIY something last minute.

Baconsgirl

I guess the real think irked me was she didn’t pick them out herself

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Theirmom wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Probably wild speculation but I wonder if one of them is cheating and Cullen used that title as either a dig at Katie or a dumb "joke" to make himself laugh. If Katie doesn't know that he actually is being unfaithful I can totally see him doing something like that, it fits perfectly with his sense of "humor."
They’re both too lazy for an affair. They literally went home to put PJs on to go to a movie, and Katie slept through it. They’re too lazy to date EACH OTHER, never mind try to have a secret side piece.
And this is what - a mere few weeks into their 'mammoth' effort at reconnecting with each other and saving-their-marriage. We all knew their laziness would jettison their attempts at getting their marriage back on track. They will continue the cycle ad infinitum and never actually improve anything.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Baconsgirl wrote:I guess the real think irked me was she didn’t pick them out herself Image

I get it. I know it's fine that they got Trolls, but the fact that neither Katie nor Kelly let their kids pick out their Valentines is kind of weird.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Maybe picking the valentines would have ended in tears bc they wouldn't be able to decide between all of them? I picked my kids stuff like that a couple times bc mine were overwhelmed by choices and had a mental breakdown one year. We left without them and i came back later and bought the ones i thought they would like and they were both happy. Did the same thing the next year too without even consulting them about it. The year after that they were old enough to make a decision without losing their minds. Plus it looked like they went through several options before picking the candy ones they did. I don't really have an issue with them picking out the stuff at their age. Now Kelly should let her kid pick their own, they are plenty old enough. Unless Bennett just doesn't care (like most boys his age) then mom can have at it. lol
Baconsgirl

With the tragedy of Jays mom passing away, I hope Cullen and Katie decide not to drive while filming. I by no means feel the passing had anything to with distracted driving, but it brings up the point about drivers safety.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Playsinrain wrote:It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
That little speech got to me. I went and picked up my almost 5 month old son and broke down crying myself. Becoming a mom made me a softy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Toodles123 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:It really broke my heart hearing them talk about Jay's mom. Katie seemed so heart broken and you can tell Cullen is fighting back his tears the whole time. I'm really sad for Jay's family, but also for Gaines as well. She was too young to understand when Howard died and while this was not her grandmother, like Katie said, she was like a 3rd grandmother to the kids. It will be tough explaining what happen to her to Gaines. She's a smart kid and explaining death to a child like that is never easy. She is old enough to remember this situation and to remember NiNi.. :cry:
That little speech got to me. I went and picked up my almost 5 month old son and broke down crying myself. Becoming a mom made me a softy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, they say all this stuff for the vlog, and then Cullen takes Bennett to Nordstrom to get fitted for a suit, and uploads all these instastories like it's some big joke. I will bet anything that Bennett is getting a suit for his grandmother's funeral. So putting Vanilla Ice music in the background of Bennett getting fitted like it's for some big date is just not right. And Cullen cracks himself up way too much.
I understand that he probably wants to cheer Bennett up because his grandmother just died, but he can do that without posting it all over the internet. It's just disrespectful. And my daughter says "That's just Cullen. Disrespectful"
And crying for the vlog then doing that just seems disingenuous. How much of it is real?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yeah, Cullen’s instastories with Bennet getting fitted for a suit was in poor taste. Bennet needs to have fun and be cheered up, but don’t post it all over the internet.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Yeah, Cullen’s instastories with Bennet getting fitted for a suit was in poor taste. Bennet needs to have fun and be cheered up, but don’t post it all over the internet.

It 100% seemed like it was for Cullen, not Bennett.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”