OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

ohanapanda wrote:I feel bad for Oscar and kyra. Imagine being stuck together with someone you barely know and having kids when you’re a teenager? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why? They made that choice knowingly and then continued by planning and having alaya. No need to feel sorry for them. They did this knowingly

Lagorda_12
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lagorda_12 »

Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... c74b41.jpg[/img]

Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Stop-KK-Now »

Adp1993 wrote:I usually wouldn't defend Oscar, but he's already given her a timeline that he's comfortable with yet she keeps pestering him. They've still only been dating for what 3ish years? No need to rush. Id rather be happily dating than married to a man who wasn't ready and resents me.
If someone was pushing me like she is with him, then I wouldn’t do it either. Who wants to get married because you’ve ‘forced’ them to do it?
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Adp1993 wrote:I usually wouldn't defend Oscar, but he's already given her a timeline that he's comfortable with yet she keeps pestering him. They've still only been dating for what 3ish years? No need to rush. Id rather be happily dating than married to a man who wasn't ready and resents me.

No need to rush? They're planning their their third child already. A child is 100 times more important than a wedding and these assholes have no problem trying to pop put one for every year they're together. But marriage is rushing it lol.
mls128
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mls128 »

spillingthetea wrote:I think it is beneficial for a kid to have their parents TOGETHER, married or not. Jeez, is it a thing in the us or what? My parents have been together for almost 30 years and never married. Same with other couples I know! Not many people get married where I live and the people who do end up getting a divorce. I think the kids will benefit of both parents no matter married or not

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Yes, I agree that is better than having two parents that aren't together at all. If both people agree on it, I guess it isn't SO bad. But, the problem is the majority of people that have kids out of wedlock don't end up staying together and the kids end up being raised by a single mom. Which I could totally see happening to these people. My thing is having a baby with someone is a MUCH bigger commitment than marriage even though young people often don't realize that. If you're committed enough with someone to PURPOSELY create another human being with them, why aren't you committed enough to marry them?
Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chichi »

Kyra's obvious disappointment in no engagement or wedding proposal from Oscar... I'm sure those tears of joy for Winter are mixed in with sadness that she won't be receiving a similar proposal from Oscar any time soon.. How can she expect a proposal when most of this year they've been struggling to get along and there's documented outbursts of one of their fights.. Maybe she should just focus on co-parenting and forget the idea of marriage or baby number 3. I'm sure if they lived in LA, they would have long split up..
Milkmama0306
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Milkmama0306 »

Chichi wrote:Kyra's obvious disappointment in no engagement or wedding proposal from Oscar... I'm sure those tears of joy for Winter are mixed in with sadness that she won't be receiving a similar proposal from Oscar any time soon.. How can she expect a proposal when most of this year they've been struggling to get along and there's documented outbursts of one of their fights.. Maybe she should just focus on co-parenting and forget the idea of marriage or baby number 3. I'm sure if they lived in LA, they would have long split up..
Agreed, their relationship is on thin ice.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

To the people saying marriage isn't that important. That isn't the point. That is all well and good when both parties agree. There are plenty of relationships that have children and aren't married and do just fine. However, this isn't the case. Oscar gave some stupid timeline which makes no sense. They're going to be buying their second house soon, they're as popular as they're ever going to get unless one of them grows a third tit or something.

Kyra wants desperately to be married. She hints at it constantly the highlight of her year was getting a fake engagement ring. She so badly wants to be married and it's never going to happen and of it does it's from a moron l ile Oscar who doesn't want it. That is the issue
cklein31
Informer
Informer

Unread post by cklein31 »

I agree! I mentioned this a little while ago but in a way older vlog when she was pregnant with L, he said 5 years from THEN which would be about another 2 years from now til he’d even propose. And he seems like he’s repeated that timeline for a while now - she’s just pushing for it to happen sooner.

DeeplyMissable
Informer
Informer

Unread post by DeeplyMissable »

Chichi wrote:Kyra's obvious disappointment in no engagement or wedding proposal from Oscar... I'm sure those tears of joy for Winter are mixed in with sadness that she won't be receiving a similar proposal from Oscar any time soon.. How can she expect a proposal when most of this year they've been struggling to get along and there's documented outbursts of one of their fights.. Maybe she should just focus on co-parenting and forget the idea of marriage or baby number 3. I'm sure if they lived in LA, they would have long split up..

I completely agree. My heart breaks for Kyra, and like I said before, I was in that situation (without kids though) for awhile before I realized that it was never gonna happen and I ended the relationship. I remember that we had a couple friend get engaged that-- like Kyra had said about Winter and Robert--got together shortly after my ex-bf and I begun our relationship. We celebrated their engagement with confetti and took pictures of them while they kissed... and I cried like Kyra did. But I wasn't crying because I was happy for them, (even though I was) I was crying because I was sad that it wasn't me, and deep down, I knew it'd never happen for me and him. That's really hard to go through--and I can't imagine Kyra's situation with kids and a house.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I wonder if Kyra stopped pestering Oscar to propose if he would feel more inclined to actually propose. He has said that when he does propose he wants to do with when they are ready to get married quite quickly after. He seems like the type to not propose out of spite for the pressure Kyra (and probably his mum) puts on him to propose. I do think he loves her and I think he probably wants it to be a surprise but Kyra expects him to propose at any moment.

sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

missy-1010 wrote:
mls128 wrote: It is best for children to have two married parents. Not an opinion but a fact look it up.
That’s right! That’s not saying two parents not legally married can raise kids, but it is true! Statistically these children tend to be better off.
Correlation is NOT the same thing as causation.
Marriage and childhood outcomes are CORRELATED. One does not CAUSE the other or increase the likelihood of the other.
Married couples are more likely to have been together longer, make the intentional choice to be together and have their shit together to organize a wedding and plan a child that is wanted. They also are more likely to be higher socio-economic status.
Unmarried couples are more likely to be together because of an accidental pregnancy or not be sure of their commitment to one another. If they are committed to one another they might be financially unstable and unable to afford the wedding they want. They also tend to be lower socio-economic status. Statistics are picking up on common threads in the samples.
SES, financial stability, satisfaction in the relationship and whether or not a child was wanted/planned are the factors that impact a child's well being. Not whether their parents are married. Take one of the unmarried couples that are struggling and marry them: their problems don't go away. Take a financially stable couple who plans their child but isn't married: their child doesn't magically develop problems because they aren't married. If things changed, that would be causation. The fact that not being married parents and having poor childhood outcomes often happen to the same people is correlation.

No amount of "but my parents did this" and "but my kids are fine" is relevant here. Kyra and Oscar's problems will not go away if they get married. But they are contributing to the correlation because they are not married and are raising children without being mature enough or stable in their relationship. Not being married is not CAUSING them to be shitty parents.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:I wonder if Kyra stopped pestering Oscar to propose if he would feel more inclined to actually propose. He has said that when he does propose he wants to do with when they are ready to get married quite quickly after. He seems like the type to not propose out of spite for the pressure Kyra (and probably his mum) puts on him to propose. I do think he loves her and I think he probably wants it to be a surprise but Kyra expects him to propose at any moment.

If that is how he acts...and it is. He shouldn't be marrying anyone and she really needs to find better.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Double post but I just have to say I finally got to watch the most recent vlog. Kyra couldn't hid her disappointment anymore that the engagement wasn't her own. The tears are not those of happiness but those of being crushed.

How many times did she need to repeat that those two started dating the same day her and Oscar did and now they were engaged.

She mentions this like 5 times. There is nothing shocking or strange about that other than you have given Oscar two children and he still doesn't want to marry you. While Robert and Winter are going to get married and you have been together the same amount of time. Oscar so happy for them and excited for them yet doesn't want to marry Kyra
Adp1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Adp1993 »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:

No need to rush? They're planning their their third child already. A child is 100 times more important than a wedding and these assholes have no problem trying to pop put one for every year they're together. But marriage is rushing it lol.
Well I don't think they should be planning another baby yet either. Oscar doesn't seem any more interested in ttc than he does marriage. IMO Kyra needs to remember that she's only 21.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They’re only 21. They should be in college bar hopping on the weekends, they shouldn’t be worrying about getting married right now. It’s young for Robert and winter to be getting engaged and Kyra needs to remember that in the time that Robert and winter have dated and gotten to know each other and maybe move in together (I don’t watch their vlogs so I don’t know) Kyra and Oscar have moved across the country twice, had 2 kids and bought a house. All of those things are massive commitments. Bigger than an engagement.

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

staceybrax wrote:They’re only 21. They should be in college bar hopping on the weekends, they shouldn’t be worrying about getting married right now. It’s young for Robert and winter to be getting engaged and Kyra needs to remember that in the time that Robert and winter have dated and gotten to know each other and maybe move in together (I don’t watch their vlogs so I don’t know) Kyra and Oscar have moved across the country twice, had 2 kids and bought a house. All of those things are massive commitments. Bigger than an engagement.

Uhm not everyone wants to be 21 and bar hopping lol.
There is nothing wrong with settling down young. I think it’s unfair to say the things Oscar and Kyra have done are bigger than an engagement. Kyra spread her legs and got pregnant with the first guy who crossed her path. Winter and Robert actually took the time and genuinely love each other- just them. No house, no kids.

Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

This discussion is not about us here, it is about Kyra and Oscar. If two people don't want to get married but are stable then fine. The problem here is that we have the woman desperate to get married with someone she has 2 kids and a house with and a man who is like meh I don't plan to put a ring on it anytime soon. Which is a proof that they do not love each other equally and that they don't share similar beliefs about important things like marriage. It's like Oscar only wants kids with his girlfriend to make vlogs about and Kyra wants the father of her children to become her husband forever.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

missy-1010 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:They’re only 21. They should be in college bar hopping on the weekends, they shouldn’t be worrying about getting married right now. It’s young for Robert and winter to be getting engaged and Kyra needs to remember that in the time that Robert and winter have dated and gotten to know each other and maybe move in together (I don’t watch their vlogs so I don’t know) Kyra and Oscar have moved across the country twice, had 2 kids and bought a house. All of those things are massive commitments. Bigger than an engagement.

Uhm not everyone wants to be 21 and bar hopping lol.
There is nothing wrong with settling down young. I think it’s unfair to say the things Oscar and Kyra have done are bigger than an engagement. Kyra spread her legs and got pregnant with the first guy who crossed her path. Winter and Robert actually took the time and genuinely love each other- just them. No house, no kids.

The bar hopping was just an off hand comment lol. I know not everyone wants to bar hop, but they could travel, establish their careers and that kind of thing. I believe that having children with someone is a much bigger commitment than marriage. And while I don’t think they planned Levi (Kyra maybe but Oscar didn’t) but they did plan Alaya. You can get divorced but once you have children with someone they are in your life forever whether you like it or not. I agree with you that there’s nothing wrong with settling down young, I had my first child at 22. But I do think that Oscar has committed himself to Kyra in a massive way having children with her and buying a house with her, maybe this is just the one thing he doesn’t want to rush? Robert and winter are just going about it all much more traditionally and I don’t think Kyra should compare the fact that Oscar hasn’t proposed but Robert has when Oscar has shown her he is committed. A lot of guys his age (when she was pregnant with Levi) would have run for the hills, not moved away from his family to provide for her in the best way he could at that time.

ohanapanda
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohanapanda »

All she is to Oscar is his baby momma . I’ve known some Hispanic guys that knocked up his girlfriend have two kids and then dumped the women found the one and married her .

Return to “OKBaby”