IVF Grant Recpients/submissions

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

IVF Grant Recpients/submissions

Unread post by eab424 »

I thought it would be nice to have one thread devoted to all the recpients and ones who submitted but didn't make the cut and general thoughts about the whole thing.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Re: IVF Grant Recpients/submissions

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

good idea for the thread!

does anybody know what happened with kateka’s embryos? i haven’t seen her post anything since she said they were both expected to fail, but maybe i just missed a post.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Blehmieux wrote:good idea for the thread!

does anybody know what happened with kateka’s embryos? i haven’t seen her post anything since she said they were both expected to fail, but maybe i just missed a post.
They are going to implant soon. She did a test to find out the best day for her badly to do the implant and its making her wait a few extra days. I believe they only have two embryos. 1 stronger than the other. I was lucky to never need interventions so I am new to IVF and I am sure I'm saying things wrong. Sorry. But her latest video she talks a little bit about the next step. Shes very informative I feel. I love her and pray this brings her a baby.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Kaylor1 wrote:

They are going to implant soon. She did a test to find out the best day for her badly to do the implant and its making her wait a few extra days. I believe they only have two embryos. 1 stronger than the other. I was lucky to never need interventions so I am new to IVF and I am sure I'm saying things wrong. Sorry. But her latest video she talks a little bit about the next step. Shes very informative I feel. I love her and pray this brings her a baby.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm not familiar with her IF condition so I can't comment on that. Sometimes their able to create a lot sometimes they only get a few. My ex sister in law did IVF. They were able to create 8 embryos. I can't remember how many were implanted, but they had 1 son and the rest didn't make it to the freezing stage. I hope her embryos create 2 children. Sometimes even the ones whom they say isn't as strong survive.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

As previously mentioned, she has 2 embryos. She only had one but then her doctor called and told her she had a second, and what they refer to a 'cheerleader' - where it is unlikely to implant, but they transfer anyway just to cheer the stronger one on.

She then had a mock transfer, to figure out what day is best to transfer and it turns out her body runs a little later than they had thought, and this is why she/doctors think her previous IVF attempts have failed - they've been too early.

I really hope this transfer works, Kateka is such a beautiful person and she would be an amazing mother.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I noticed last year there were some people who complained about it. I know I read one where they misread the submission terms and were all upset. And honestly from their videos IVF wasn't on the radar for them.

One thing that bugs me is IVF is becoming more of a consumer procedure vs a medical one for those who truly need it. The lady from real housewives of Orange County? She had IVF done because her husband had a vasectomy. They did IVF in 2016 and had a daughter. They implanted two embryos one boy and one girl. The girl took but the boy didn't. The remaining embryos were frozen all girls. Instead of doing an FET procedure to implant the remaining embryos when they decided to try for another child they did the whole process over again. They're now expecting twin boys.

For those new to IVF terms and process, You go through the process of doing shots and medications then they retrieve the eggs. They then inject the sperm into the eggs to make embryos. They then grow in the lab for a few days. They implant the ones to be used for that cycle and if any others are left and make it to the freezing stage they are then frozen for future Frozen embryo transfers.

There was one couple I saw their submission video and they have this huge fancy house. To me if you can afford a 500K house you can afford IVF. And there are programs clinics have. Grants that can be applied for via the finance coordinator.

Then there was a couple with two children 2 and under who even made a video talking about entering. Don't even get me started about them. But they seriously have their head in the clouds.
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

eab424 wrote:Then there was a couple with two children 2 and under who even made a video talking about entering. Don't even get me started about them. But they seriously have their head in the clouds.
Do you mean Phil&Alex who have a YouTube channel? They have adopted two girls. I remember they made a video for the first grant.

Lähetetty minun TA-1053 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Rullakebab wrote:
eab424 wrote:Then there was a couple with two children 2 and under who even made a video talking about entering. Don't even get me started about them. But they seriously have their head in the clouds.
Do you mean Phil&Alex who have a YouTube channel? They have adopted two girls. I remember they made a video for the first grant.

Yes
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 045f07.jpg[/img]

This is one of the couples Angie and Blake... she started stims, didn’t respond and now they are out. I feel so bad for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Rullakebab wrote:

Yes. They made a video but did not submit it. I am amazed that they said they wanted someone who has not experienced parenthood. But in many of their videos they are very insensitive to IF couples. I get they don't realize it. They posted a video in Feb 2016 that was just nuts it's called "infertility still hurts and the entire time it's Alex in front of K's highchair crying because she isn't pregnant and how every month of 2015 they got bad news (this was the year they adopted K) 7 of those months they had k in their home. They only started trying in 2013 and were parents not long after Mother's Day 2015. I am pretty surprised in the video where their talking about the E&J IVF contest they are admitting they have it so good because the rest of the time their very woe is me. But then he set up a go fund me for their FET.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

calliepaige84 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 045f07.jpg[/img]

This is one of the couples Angie and Blake... she started stims, didn’t respond and now they are out. I feel so bad for them.

Ugh. My heart breaks for them.

Kateka is always so supportive of everyone. She’ll be an amazing mother for sure.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Holy crap! After a week of no update from Angie check this out!!!!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 6e9a2d.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 6174b4.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201802 ... 656441.jpg[/img]

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

calliepaige84 wrote:Holy crap! After a week of no update from Angie check this out!!!!
WOW! That is a miracle - a blessing from God, for sure!
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Here's my take on the winners in the short snippets we get to see-

Courtney and brad- I really like this couple.

Miles and Jessica- I have my reservations since she has MS. Granted anything can happen with anyone none of us know the future. However MS is a serious illness with no cure. My ex mother in law was diagnosed and within 4 years she was in a wheelchair, and the extent of things she could do around the house was folding laundry when my ex and I got married. She died just short of 18 years post diagnosis. She had the best of the best in medical care, Johns Hopkins. She was on medications etc right away. There have been many women who've had bad sudden relapses after childbirth and have dropped their babies. They've already tried IUI (which is when they discovered MS) and they've already done IVF. And only got married in 2012. They've been living in her parent's basement to save for IVF.

I think a lot of people would benefit by looking into clinics who try their best to keep costs down but not take away quality of care. There are some clinics that do IVF/FET until you bring a baby home and if you don't in a certain amount of rounds they give you a good portion of the money back so you can do adoption.

Brandon and Amanda- Honestly there isn't much info so I can't really base an opinion.

Mike and Abby- I totally agree with this selection.

I think one factor that they should look at is the length of time these couples have been ttc. Some of them have only been trying a short time why not give it to those who are able to care for a child and have been ttc for a while. Those are the ones who need help the most.
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Angie and Blake had their transfer on February 4th and they are sharing the result tomorrow. They have put five videos in a row in the last couple days about their IVF process. The videos are edited with music etc so I think and I'm hoping it means that they're pregnant. They only had one embryo so I think this is their last chance.

Also Kateka is probably having a transfer soon, I really hope it works for them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Oh no, Angie and Blake posted the video already and it was negative

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Rullakebab wrote:Oh no, Angie and Blake posted the video already and it was negative Image

So sad. That’s IF for ya. Not everyone gets their happy ending. At least not in the way they wanted.

I really feel the recipients should have been anonymous for this reason. It isn’t necessarily E&J’s responsibility to continue to fund these couples treatments, but I don’t know how they can in good conscience waste their money on frivolous items knowing their “friends” are suffering. I would feel obligated to continue helping.

here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

Rullakebab wrote:Angie and Blake had their transfer on February 4th and they are sharing the result tomorrow. They have put five videos in a row in the last couple days about their IVF process. The videos are edited with music etc so I think and I'm hoping it means that they're pregnant. They only had one embryo so I think this is their last chance.

Also Kateka is probably having a transfer soon, I really hope it works for them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kateka said recently that her next FET will be sometime in April due to work travel for Stu and the doctor's schedule. I am really hoping this works for them. They are such a sweet couple who have been through a lot.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The comments from the other finalist are so supportive and kind. I’m sad that such a lovely bunch of people are so blinded by E&J. I hope they’ve seen their true colours and are just too polite to let on. Actually, I bet they have.

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

HelloSweetie wrote:The comments from the other finalist are so supportive and kind. I’m sad that such a lovely bunch of people are so blinded by E&J. I hope they’ve seen their true colours and are just too polite to let on. Actually, I bet they have.

Some of the couples who weren't even finalists but got enough views/subs to gain a following enough to be vloggers regularly are totally drinking their kool-aid. It has to be "all positive" and if someone mentions something negative about E &J in the comments on this couples channel their deleted. I can't wrap my head around people who seemingly worship E and J.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”