Samika Part 3

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

It's odd - at least to me - that Jenn was an art major, but finds reading books with more "romance" than kissing distasteful. I'm sure it's because she's LDS, but TONS of quality, mainstream novels have rather descriptive sex scenes. You'd think an art major would be more open to sex/sexuality in art and literature.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xclairecameronx »

ewokfan11 wrote:It's odd - at least to me - that Jenn was an art major, but finds reading books with more "romance" than kissing distasteful. I'm sure it's because she's LDS, but TONS of quality, mainstream novels have rather descriptive sex scenes. You'd think an art major would be more open to sex/sexuality in art and literature.
Maybe it has to do with her attending school in Logan. Considering almost everyone there is LDS, I'm pretty sure they didn't dive deep into those kinds of topics. I don't think it's as strict as, say, BYU but I'm assuming they didn't cover a whole lot on sex/sexuality in their work. And, growing up LDS, Jenn probably didn't have exposure to those areas.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

Yet she said she loved the Divergent series which had multiple sex scenes. Idk what's wrong with reading a sex scene or why she's complaining about Uprooted. I doubt it's thaaat graphic, but I've never read it.
sun88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sun88 »

snowbaby95 wrote:Yet she said she loved the Divergent series which had multiple sex scenes. Idk what's wrong with reading a sex scene or why she's complaining about Uprooted. I doubt it's thaaat graphic, but I've never read it.
Mormons essentially all have the same opinions because they were being told to have these opinions from the time they were, well, babies.
It is rather sad because if you follow a bunch of different ones, you know they all really truly have the same opinion. You never knew who you would have been if someone else wouldnt have told you what to think..these are just my two cents.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm glad Sam is so honest about all the free stuff vloggers are sent. Most basically lie about it and show a product in a video or pic as if they bought it themselves. I hate the non-disclosed ads! Yes, #ADs are part of being a YTer, but don't LIE about it. Sam and Jenn are one of the very few who are pretty honest.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Yes! I love the fact he asked for the Diet Coke to be sent to his mom who loves coke.

I can’t wait to see their friends wedding. They always have the best footage of weddings.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

In another form, someone mentioned the YouTubed NewNameNoah... I already knew quiet a bit about the Mormon religion, but it was very interesting seeing what goes on inside the temple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Am I going crazy or did their friend Fizz mention he was single around summer time? I feel like he was joking about being single in a vlog and now he's married... I know mormons move fast if I am right, but it just shocked me lol
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jenn's pregnancy seems to be going by fast—isn't she due in just two months? I think that's because they waited to announce, unlike almost ALL the other vloggers these days who announce the second they get a + on a pee stick.

YouTubeIdiots101: Yep, that's completely normal for Mormons. They don't have traditional "wedding" services, so it's not complicated to plan. They just make an appointment at the Temple to be sealed and then there's a lunch buffet and cake at the church gym (I'm not even really joking...that's pretty standard).

Ellie's sister Ruby got engaged TWO weeks after she MET her now-husband and they were married about two months later. That's not rare.

Even Sam and Jenn married really young.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

ewokfan11 wrote:Jenn's pregnancy seems to be going by fast—isn't she due in just two months? I think that's because they waited to announce, unlike almost ALL the other vloggers these days who announce the second they get a + on a pee stick.

YouTubeIdiots101: Yep, that's completely normal for Mormons. They don't have traditional "wedding" services, so it's not complicated to plan. They just make an appointment at the Temple to be sealed and then there's a lunch buffet and cake at the church gym (I'm not even really joking...that's pretty standard).

Ellie's sister Ruby got engaged TWO weeks after she MET her now-husband and they were married about two months later. That's not rare.

Two weeks?!? I have never heard that tidbit of information! Was that in a video somewhere? Gosh. Didn’t two of the Griffiths sisters wait until 21 instead of 18 to get married? Probably seemed like 40 year old dried out hags to everyone else lmao. Sorry for sidetracking.

Jenn is due the first week of June I believe! It was originally the second week and they moved it back (up?) a week because she was measuring bigger. Her pregnancy is so refreshing and normal compared to Princess Mecham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

littlebaby wrote: Two weeks?!? I have never heard that tidbit of information! Was that in a video somewhere? Gosh. Didn’t two of the Griffiths sisters wait until 21 instead of 18 to get married? Probably seemed like 40 year old dried out hags to everyone else lmao.
Yeah, sorry for the OT about the Griffiths, but Bonnie and Julie really didn't wait to be older...they both waited for their boyfriends who were their age and served their 2-year missions, so when the guys returned home at 20/21, they immediately got married. Ruby's husband and Jared were both back from their missions and married barely 18-year-olds. That's also why Sam is older than Jenn - he was a returned missionary and found his YOUNG wife at college!!! I think Jenn was only 19 when they got married.

It's a different culture and lifestyle.

Here's Ruby's video explaining how they met. Met in September, married in December!!!!! YIKES. (My parents would have KILLED ME!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCsfiq3TetY&t=1052s
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Yeah, I didn’t mean they waited as in they made a conscious decision to hold off on marriage, I knew they were just waiting for their mission men lol. I was just making sure I was remembering correctly. But all of that is CRAZY to me.

Okay sorry to be off topic! Although I have a question related to all of this that applies to Sam and Jenn as well since they’re also Mormon. How do families justify that short time span when they’re going to become sealed for eternity? I know two weeks is probably an extreme case, but how do you decide for eternity that quickly? Or are they of the belief that they can just figure everything out after the relatively spur of the moment decision? (A two month engagement is nothing compared to eternity I guess?) Do they sit down on the couch after their wedding reception and go through a checklist of what they think married people should know about each other? Lol. You can’t really know a person after that short amount of time. Especially if they don’t live together before marriage. Like what. It’s all mind boggling to me. Add to the fact that 18 year olds in college are just learning how to take care of themselves and be independent.. yikes.

I know Utah’s a different world but I still wonder what the conversations were like to Ruby’s friends or new people that she met on campus (which inevitably happens constantly your first year). “Are you seeing anyone?” “I’m engaged actually!” “Oh nice! How did you meet?” “We met at an orientation event!” Okay girl.

SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

I was shocked Fizz was getting married because he definitely said he was single last summer but I am happy for him because he seemed to be the only single one amongst his friends (which seems like a big deal for a Mormon)

I also checked out that YouTube channel about Mormons recommended above and I’m shocked at how.... cultish it seems. I am all for people living and practising peaceful religions but seeing some of those clips actually gave me the chills.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

ewokfan11 wrote:Jenn's pregnancy seems to be going by fast—isn't she due in just two months? I think that's because they waited to announce, unlike almost ALL the other vloggers these days who announce the second they get a + on a pee stick.

^ I agree about her pregnancy going by quickly, I also think it's because she doesn't constantly talk about it.
scottishcherry
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scottishcherry »

i feel like since Noahs looking a lot older now he looks more like sam!
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Wow I seriously can't believe how fast Jenn's pregnancy seems to be going by. I don't think they will wait until he is born to release the name so who knows, maybe they will be putting that out soon.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Why is Jenn putting potatoes in the kids' socks? I see people giving Jenn advice about this but I never heard of it haha
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xclairecameronx »

littlebaby wrote:Yeah, I didn’t mean they waited as in they made a conscious decision to hold off on marriage, I knew they were just waiting for their mission men lol. I was just making sure I was remembering correctly. But all of that is CRAZY to me.

Okay sorry to be off topic! Although I have a question related to all of this that applies to Sam and Jenn as well since they’re also Mormon. How do families justify that short time span when they’re going to become sealed for eternity? I know two weeks is probably an extreme case, but how do you decide for eternity that quickly? Or are they of the belief that they can just figure everything out after the relatively spur of the moment decision? (A two month engagement is nothing compared to eternity I guess?) Do they sit down on the couch after their wedding reception and go through a checklist of what they think married people should know about each other? Lol. You can’t really know a person after that short amount of time. Especially if they don’t live together before marriage. Like what. It’s all mind boggling to me. Add to the fact that 18 year olds in college are just learning how to take care of themselves and be independent.. yikes.

I know Utah’s a different world but I still wonder what the conversations were like to Ruby’s friends or new people that she met on campus (which inevitably happens constantly your first year). “Are you seeing anyone?” “I’m engaged actually!” “Oh nice! How did you meet?” “We met at an orientation event!” Okay girl.

I would say, when you know, you know. I was with my husband for three months before we got engaged and we knew we were getting married after two weeks into our relationship (he was 20 and I was 19). The first few dates we had with each other was basically telling our life stories, so by the time we were married, there were zero surprises. A big reasons why Mormons "rush" into marriage is because of the fact that we can't have sex before marriage. So to put it frankly, when you're dating someone, there are going to be lots of feelings to be sexual, which is something you can't do if you're just dating. That's why you rarely see Mormon engagements lasting more than four or so months. When you're born into this lifestyle, it's just normal, but I can see why people can't wrap their heads around it. I think as members too we're taught to be more mature than people around us, considering many of us end up going overseas on missions all by ourselves at 18 or 19 years old.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

xclairecameronx wrote:
littlebaby wrote:Yeah, I didn’t mean they waited as in they made a conscious decision to hold off on marriage, I knew they were just waiting for their mission men lol. I was just making sure I was remembering correctly. But all of that is CRAZY to me.

I would say, when you know, you know. I was with my husband for three months before we got engaged and we knew we were getting married after two weeks into our relationship (he was 20 and I was 19). The first few dates we had with each other was basically telling our life stories, so by the time we were married, there were zero surprises. A big reasons why Mormons "rush" into marriage is because of the fact that we can't have sex before marriage. So to put it frankly, when you're dating someone, there are going to be lots of feelings to be sexual, which is something you can't do if you're just dating. That's why you rarely see Mormon engagements lasting more than four or so months. When you're born into this lifestyle, it's just normal, but I can see why people can't wrap their heads around it. I think as members too we're taught to be more mature than people around us, considering many of us end up going overseas on missions all by ourselves at 18 or 19 years old.
There's nothing mature about jumping into marriage at 18 so you can have sex without feeling guilty. And most Mormon women don't go on missions. It's just crazy to me that Jen is not even 27 yet and she is about to have three kids and has been married for like 8 years.

I agree with the others, it's insane to get engaged after 2 weeks. You can't even know someone fully in less than a year. There's a reason Utah has a higher than average divorce rate even though the church discourages divorce.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

If anyone is interested in Mormonism and young people, Zelph on the shelf is a really interesting channel run by two young exmormons in their 20s. It’s a nice interesting look into Mormonism and millennials.

Return to “Q-Z”