• Advertisement

Bollie Brand

Re: Bollie Brand

Postby KatAce95 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 am

I am yet to see just a normal picture or clip of the dress, they are always holding it, grabbing it or posing. Just stand straight so we can actually see what it looks like. One thing that annoyed me about the video was Ellie saying how she buys dresses and they are too boxy on her, then they cut to her wearing a dress that's obviously too big like yeah of course it's going to look boxy its 2 sizes too big lol.
KatAce95
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby GymChick » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:28 am

Also I was thinking, I understand buying from China is good for making a profitable business, watch dragons den/shark tank and the investors usual advise to get supplier from China. And it’s true there are bad supplies (if you order from wish or Alibaba you will def end up with something completely different than the picture) so I am sure B+E do have a more reputable supplier and all the clothing will be sized and made properly. But even with a “good” Chinese supplier that means they are still getting it DIRT CHEAP. That’s the whole reason shark tank investors push China supplier in order to make MONEY. Which if you have a business maybe that’s your main goal, it’s smart business. And I think that’s why they think this is okay, because most business do have a supplier from China. But those are usually massive businesses....they are marketing their small selection of clothing as CUSTUM, hand picked, everyBODY, HIGH class QUALITY! When everyone knows about the China supplier. It doesn’t make sense. I would maybe be okay with the China supplier if their plan was to open a very large boutique with very reasonably priced clothing. I mean I wouldn’t be able to snark about that because how many of us buy reasonably priced clothing from target or w/e that come from China. But they are acting like they are some Italian custom made boutique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper

Postby Uncsgrl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:29 am

KatAce95 wrote:I am yet to see just a normal picture or clip of the dress, they are always holding it, grabbing it or posing. Just stand straight so we can actually see what it looks like. One thing that annoyed me about the video was Ellie saying how she buys dresses and they are too boxy on her, then they cut to her wearing a dress that's obviously too big like yeah of course it's going to look boxy its 2 sizes too big lol.

Yes! And Bonnie went on & said she has the same dress. But I've never seen Ellie in hers. So I bet she was wearing Bonnie's in that clip.
Uncsgrl
Amateur

Postby MandaPanda74 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 am

Vlog4money wrote:They won’t make as much, but they could still sell custom, authentic Popsockets for a 50% mark-up

https://www.popsockets.com/pages/promotional

Yeah but that's not enough for them.
MandaPanda74
Talker

Postby MandaPanda74 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 am

Uncsgrl wrote:
KatAce95 wrote:I am yet to see just a normal picture or clip of the dress, they are always holding it, grabbing it or posing. Just stand straight so we can actually see what it looks like. One thing that annoyed me about the video was Ellie saying how she buys dresses and they are too boxy on her, then they cut to her wearing a dress that's obviously too big like yeah of course it's going to look boxy its 2 sizes too big lol.

Yes! And Bonnie went on & said she has the same dress. But I've never seen Ellie in hers. So I bet she was wearing Bonnie's in that clip.

She was most definitely wearing Bonnies. That was just dumb. I still feel like so many questions remain. I'm still not satisfied with the oh our polyester is the best!
MandaPanda74
Talker

Postby onbreak » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 am

Have they worn the dress in a whole vlog?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper

Postby MandaPanda74 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 am

I wanted to say, it took them over a week to choose the right words to say in that video. If they had a few more brain cells this video would have come out the day after the release, then one about the robe, then one about the work out gear.. they would have had those made and ready to go.
Regardless, what was said still doesn't justify the prices. They still have not told us that they are made ethically. I just think they are treading lightly and still not being honest.
MandaPanda74
Talker

Postby calliepaige » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:38 am

Aren’t some of the dresses they are dissing ones they got paid to promote??

calliepaige
Gossiper

Postby calliepaige » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:42 am

Omg this video..... “it was a stretch for our budget to allow XS and XL.”

E- “I also truly could use XXS”.

calliepaige
Gossiper

Postby YellowSweater1950 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:46 am

calliepaige wrote:Aren’t some of the dresses they are dissing ones they got paid to promote??

I was coming here to say the same thing. That made me a little uncomfortable.

Also, did anyone pick up Ellie’s language toward Bonnie? “If they are even bigger than Bonnie” as if Bonnie is as large as you would want to be. There was also a couple of remarks that made me go “Poor Bonnie”.

Honestly, that dress doesn’t appear to be comfortable to wear. Idk what it is about it. I think the print is also pretty bad. Makes me think of tourist Hawaiian shirts. *shrug*
YellowSweater1950
Talker

Postby janem » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 am

I don’t think that video did anything to help sell the dress. It still looked very cheaply made. Very bad idea to compare it to dresses they’ve bought at Nordstrom
Think the video was filmed awhile ago.

janem
Gossiper

Postby marshmallowfluf » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am

LOL i love how bonnie is talking about the sizing saying “if you typically wear a large in something, then the large is going to fit you” um not according to that instagram comment!
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper

Postby cwm93 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 am

That video of the dress did NOTHING to make me even remotely want to buy it. Every time I see a new picture of the dress, I notice something else about it that I hate. First and absolute foremost: That thing does NOT look comfortable. Unless you are an XS like Ellie and are wearing a size M. Also, I still can't tell how the hell you get in this dress: Do you put it over your head? Is there a zipper? How much give does it have? Plus, Bonnie (who I think is very pretty and looks awesome!!!) looks absolutely sausaged into that dress! Another thing: That dress did not look flattering on either girl. It looks matronly on Ellie and just a snootch too snug on Bonnie.

I really just don't know what they were thinking. If this video was supposed to be some sort of damage control, all they did was leave me with more questions and more unwilling to spend even $30.00 on this dress, let alone $80-$100.00. The more I look at the print, the less I like it. It doesn't look like it'd breathe in the hot weather. Also, I'm just not sure where you're even supposed to wear a dress like that? It is not casual enough to wear around the house or while running errands. Ugh. Yeah.
cwm93
Amateur

Postby cwm93 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 am

That video of the dress did NOTHING to make me even remotely want to buy it. Every time I see a new picture of the dress, I notice something else about it that I hate. First and absolute foremost: That thing does NOT look comfortable. Unless you are an XS like Ellie and are wearing a size M. Also, I still can't tell how the hell you get in this dress: Do you put it over your head? Is there a zipper? How much give does it have? Plus, Bonnie (who I think is very pretty and looks awesome!!!) looks absolutely sausaged into that dress! Another thing: That dress did not look flattering on either girl. It looks matronly on Ellie and just a snootch too snug on Bonnie.

I really just don't know what they were thinking. If this video was supposed to be some sort of damage control, all they did was leave me with more questions and more unwilling to spend even $30.00 on this dress, let alone $80-$100.00. The more I look at the print, the less I like it. It doesn't look like it'd breathe in the hot weather. Also, I'm just not sure where you're even supposed to wear a dress like that? It is not casual enough to wear around the house or while running errands. Ugh. Yeah.
cwm93
Amateur

Postby littlebaby » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:45 am

The way the fabric looks reminds me of this one dish towel I have that barely bends/folds with gravity when you hold it up lol. Or a better example would be when you hang clothes on a clothes line and they dry really stiff. I think that’s what we’re all seeing in this dress.

littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby Pency » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 am

Oh the defense of the polyester cracked me up.

Pency
Gossiper

Postby sheltiefan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:35 am

Where is the video you all are talking about with them modeling stuff from Bollie?
sheltiefan
Talker

Postby sheltiefan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am

Never mind guys-I see Ellie has the video on her channel
sheltiefan
Talker

Postby snowbaby95 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 am

Lol at Bonnie's pronunciations of "boutique" and "luxurious" in that dress video. :?
snowbaby95
Informer

Postby Vlog4money » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 pm

I wanted to share a link to the dress video in case anyone else wanted to watch without giving them a view
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=WGOZ0V8rugc
Vlog4money
Amateur

Postby gopedjane » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm

I really enjoyed when they compared the fabric to the fabric of a shear dress (supposed to be shear dress that probably has a liner) to show how it's not shear but you could see the plant through it. HAHAHAHAHA.
gopedjane
Informer

Postby CinnyBun » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:38 pm

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/c8174bc76ee2308d22eb8c05e85cd3ad.jpg[/img]

Someone posted about their robe on FB and turns out the tag says that it was made in China. Not sure why they have to be so secretive about it when it’s right on the tag...
CinnyBun

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 pm

And I'll bet that chick is going to be blocked for saying that the clothes are made in China.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby MandaPanda74 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Vlog4money wrote:I wanted to share a link to the dress video in case anyone else wanted to watch without giving them a view
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=WGOZ0V8rugc
This may sound ignorant, I am a fabric savant but i checked my closet.... if it wasn't lined wouldnt the tropical print be on the inside as well just a mirror image of the outside? I wonder if their printed fabric is sown together with a thin white fabric as well???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MandaPanda74
Talker

Postby MandaPanda74 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Look at the promoted tweet on the Bollie Twitter page... [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/f100ecd99db60558bfdfde8e0a3578d8.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MandaPanda74
Talker

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Ellie and Jared