MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: IVF Grant Recpients/submissions

Unread post by MandaPanda74 »

Rullakebab wrote:
eab424 wrote:Then there was a couple with two children 2 and under who even made a video talking about entering. Don't even get me started about them. But they seriously have their head in the clouds.
Do you mean Phil&Alex who have a YouTube channel? They have adopted two girls. I remember they made a video for the first grant.

Lähetetty minun TA-1053 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
I like them. They seem like they are truly good people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

MandaPanda74 wrote:
Rullakebab wrote:
eab424 wrote:Then there was a couple with two children 2 and under who even made a video talking about entering. Don't even get me started about them. But they seriously have their head in the clouds.
Do you mean Phil&Alex who have a YouTube channel? They have adopted two girls. I remember they made a video for the first grant.

I like them. They seem like they are truly good people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Their like an onion, if you peel back the layers you see otherwise. I thought they were good too then I saw more videos. Their out to help themselves.

As a person who suffers from IF, their actions/behavior stings. They did a video when Kinsley was only 9 months old saying that infertility still hurt. Kinsley is in her highchair behind Alex during the video. They say they had nothing but bad news in 2015 which is when Kinsley was born and they became her parents. At that point they'd only been married for 3 years when they became parents.

Then they mentioned just before the most recent transfer that in 2011 they were so upset they weren't pregnant (only 4 cycles from when they got married) yet they didn't send out christmas cards.

They claim in one video they were frugal and lived on one income for two years to afford IVF and adoptions. Yet they've had crowdfunding accounts (several companies) to fund 1st adoption, 2nd adoption and IVF. The last one to fund the FET they got double the amount needed. Yet so far they've yet to pay it forward and they started the "charity" 7 months ago and so far they've not helped anyone. They admit to using donations to fund their life.

In the world of adoption they've hit the lottery. Their story rarely happens the way theirs did. Most couples have to wait for years to adopt and are sitting on 8-10 years of marriage before they finally are given a child. They were given two children via adoption in less than 2 years.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I can’t find Kateka’s topic, but they’d know by now if the transfer has been successful. I hope it is.
Rullakebab
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Rullakebab »

actuallydear wrote:I can’t find Kateka’s topic, but they’d know by now if the transfer has been successful. I hope it is.
Kateka doesn't have a own thread/topic here, I think.

But did they share their exact transfer date? I thought she said on her Instagram that she'd take a break from social media this month because she wants to focus on the transfer. But yeah, I really really hope that it was succesful and that she'd have a healthy happy pregnancy.

here4thepopcorn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by here4thepopcorn »

Rullakebab wrote:
actuallydear wrote:I can’t find Kateka’s topic, but they’d know by now if the transfer has been successful. I hope it is.
Kateka doesn't have a own thread/topic here, I think.

But did they share their exact transfer date? I thought she said on her Instagram that she'd take a break from social media this month because she wants to focus on the transfer. But yeah, I really really hope that it was succesful and that she'd have a healthy happy pregnancy.
I have never rooted for strangers to get pregnant as hard as I am for Kateka and Stu. Kateka has such a genuine warmth and kind energy to her. I am really hoping this is successful for her. I can't imagine how difficult it is for her to watch people claim to have infertility but get pregnant on their own so easily... They have tried so hard for so long.
monstermonkey
Informer
Informer

Unread post by monstermonkey »

First time posting in this thread. I know this is the month that Kateka and Stu are doing their transfer and I'm really hoping it works this time. They've been through so much and it really pisses me off to see people (read: Ellie) claim infertility and then flaunt their pregnant selves all over social media knowing damn well that their "friends" are going through this.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

So worried for Kateka. She mentioned in her video yesterday that she didn't want to do a live play by play because the usual 10 day wait is more like 3 weeks for her. I have the feeling she's posting now because it's already over.

I truly hope I'm wrong though. She is the real face of an infertility struggle... not Ellie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:So worried for Kateka. She mentioned in her video yesterday that she didn't want to do a live play by play because the usual 10 day wait is more like 3 weeks for her. I have the feeling she's posting now because it's already over.

I truly hope I'm wrong though. She is the real face of an infertility struggle... not Ellie.

Not only that, but the video descriptions seem absent of any emotion And not in a 'don't wanna ruin the surprise' way, either.
Transfer was April 8, they would've found out if it was successful by the 18th, and it's now a couple of weeks after that.

Could've gone either way. I hope it worked.

Had they discussed their plans if their last attempt at IVF didn't work? I can't recall.
monstermonkey
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote:So worried for Kateka. She mentioned in her video yesterday that she didn't want to do a live play by play because the usual 10 day wait is more like 3 weeks for her. I have the feeling she's posting now because it's already over.

I'm hoping her posting so soon means it worked. I would think they would take a lot more time (and rightfully so!) if it didn't work out. Who knows though. Maybe she's just handling it really well. Ugh I just really hope it worked this time.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So today's vlog was Transfer Day, and in the description she said she'll be posting daily videos so we know how it played out. I keep going back and forth on whether or not this means it worked. I really, really hope it did work. Ahhhh... the suspense!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

SPOILER ALERT!:
Oh my word! Today's video.... I am in suspense, alright! I hope this is it -- I definitely saw a line!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I agree AD

I can't believe more people aren't following them. Most of us started out with E&J because we thought they were relatable. Kateka's emotions throughout this whole process is just so relatable to what I went through. I feel every up and down she has. I get it.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I agree AD Image

I can't believe more people aren't following them. Most of us started out with E&J because we thought they were relatable. Kateka's emotions throughout this whole process is just so relatable to what I went through. I feel every up and down she has. I get it.

Sooner or later I think everyone moves on from finding new 'relatable' couples, (especially going through infertility, for me), because they all seem to end up big and completely change for the worse.

Not saying this is the case for Kateka, but I know you get what I'm saying. We've been there and been burned.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

monstermonkey wrote:First time posting in this thread. I know this is the month that Kateka and Stu are doing their transfer and I'm really hoping it works this time. They've been through so much and it really pisses me off to see people (read: Ellie) claim infertility and then flaunt their pregnant selves all over social media knowing damn well that their "friends" are going through this.

I don't know if I've said this before so I apologize in advance if I have, but it gets on my nerves how Ellie and Jared did the interview for the first grant, and the reporter some how got the impression they did IVF. I think he confused IUI with IVF. But still. They didn't bother to contact the reporter to have the info changed.

It's like all youtubers (or many of them) who have IF as part of their story and have kids like to play the pain olympics. Never mind they have kids they act as if they don't and it's annoying. I'm not saying secondary IF hurts (although in their case it's not secondary IF). But wow how happy I'd be if I had a little girl I wouldn't be in a mad (crazy) rush when she's still in size 2 diapers to get pregnant. As if that weren't crazy enough she started IVF 1 month before her second adopted daughter was due. All the while they've had various crowd funding campaigns to fund it all. Even going so far as to take a non viable pregnancy to ten weeks.
cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

eab424 wrote:
monstermonkey wrote:First time posting in this thread. I know this is the month that Kateka and Stu are doing their transfer and I'm really hoping it works this time. They've been through so much and it really pisses me off to see people (read: Ellie) claim infertility and then flaunt their pregnant selves all over social media knowing damn well that their "friends" are going through this.

I don't know if I've said this before so I apologize in advance if I have, but it gets on my nerves how Ellie and Jared did the interview for the first grant, and the reporter some how got the impression they did IVF. I think he confused IUI with IVF. But still. They didn't bother to contact the reporter to have the info changed.

It's like all youtubers (or many of them) who have IF as part of their story and have kids like to play the pain olympics. Never mind they have kids they act as if they don't and it's annoying. I'm not saying secondary IF hurts (although in their case it's not secondary IF). But wow how happy I'd be if I had a little girl I wouldn't be in a mad (crazy) rush when she's still in size 2 diapers to get pregnant. As if that weren't crazy enough she started IVF 1 month before her second adopted daughter was due. All the while they've had various crowd funding campaigns to fund it all. Even going so far as to take a non viable pregnancy to ten weeks.
Who are you talking about in this last part? You sound as if you are trying to describe Phil and Alex and if so, simmer down. What they opt to do with their family is on them. It doesn't HAVE to be up to your standards and expectations. You aren't there living life with them, so just because you wouldn't do something or think it's "crazy", if they have the means to go about it (and YES, I'm including the "crowdfunding" into that because - again - who cares if it's money that's donated or saved by themselves?) then they can go about it. It literally does not effect you one way or another. And she carried that "non viable pregnancy" not to win any pain Olympics, but because there was so much uncertainty and it looked as if it could have gone positively for them. Had they terminated at the six week ultrasound, the baby was still technically "growing" at that time. Also, let's not forget that had they terminated it early, they would have never known she was pregnant with twins.
monstermonkey
Informer
Informer

Omg the suspense! Hopefully this is it!
gopedjane
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by gopedjane »

Oh my heart. I am really hoping this has a happiest of endings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

[/quote]

Who are you talking about in this last part? You sound as if you are trying to describe Phil and Alex and if so, simmer down. What they opt to do with their family is on them. It doesn't HAVE to be up to your standards and expectations. You aren't there living life with them, so just because you wouldn't do something or think it's "crazy", if they have the means to go about it (and YES, I'm including the "crowdfunding" into that because - again - who cares if it's money that's donated or saved by themselves?) then they can go about it. It literally does not effect you one way or another. And she carried that "non viable pregnancy" not to win any pain Olympics, but because there was so much uncertainty and it looked as if it could have gone positively for them. Had they terminated at the six week ultrasound, the baby was still technically "growing" at that time. Also, let's not forget that had they terminated it early, they would have never known she was pregnant with twins.[/quote]

I know your new here. We speak to others respectfully. Even if we disagree with what their saying.

I did want their pregnancy to have a happy ending. It is sad it ended. It never looked like it was going to end positively. I've been pregnant several times and I've had betas and early ultrasounds. None of Alex's beta's were high enough for a healthy singleton pregnancy much less a twin pregnancy. What the doctor said was that the embryo looked like it was trying to split and that's when the pregnancy ended. She was on hormones to support pregnancy. My friends who've done IVF have also been on them they had missed miscarriages where the pregnancy ended weeks prior but because they were on the hormones, the pregnancy continued as if nothing was wrong. There was never a heartbeat. I did not suggest that the pregnancy should've been terminated. I never once said anything about termination. Her pregnancy was terminated on its one almost as soon as it started. Not one ultrasound looked as it should. They could not find a heartbeat at almost 8 weeks. The time they did find something it was her heartbeat. They even said the placenta was playing CPR. Come on.

Look at all their videos and come back and tell me their good people. Look at Callie's adoption videos.
cwm93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by cwm93 »

eab424 wrote:
Who are you talking about in this last part? You sound as if you are trying to describe Phil and Alex and if so, simmer down. What they opt to do with their family is on them. It doesn't HAVE to be up to your standards and expectations. You aren't there living life with them, so just because you wouldn't do something or think it's "crazy", if they have the means to go about it (and YES, I'm including the "crowdfunding" into that because - again - who cares if it's money that's donated or saved by themselves?) then they can go about it. It literally does not effect you one way or another. And she carried that "non viable pregnancy" not to win any pain Olympics, but because there was so much uncertainty and it looked as if it could have gone positively for them. Had they terminated at the six week ultrasound, the baby was still technically "growing" at that time. Also, let's not forget that had they terminated it early, they would have never known she was pregnant with twins.[/quote]

I know your new here. We speak to others respectfully. Even if we disagree with what their saying.

I did want their pregnancy to have a happy ending. It is sad it ended. It never looked like it was going to end positively. I've been pregnant several times and I've had betas and early ultrasounds. None of Alex's beta's were high enough for a healthy singleton pregnancy much less a twin pregnancy. What the doctor said was that the embryo looked like it was trying to split and that's when the pregnancy ended. She was on hormones to support pregnancy. My friends who've done IVF have also been on them they had missed miscarriages where the pregnancy ended weeks prior but because they were on the hormones, the pregnancy continued as if nothing was wrong. There was never a heartbeat. I did not suggest that the pregnancy should've been terminated. I never once said anything about termination. Her pregnancy was terminated on its one almost as soon as it started. Not one ultrasound looked as it should. They could not find a heartbeat at almost 8 weeks. The time they did find something it was her heartbeat. They even said the placenta was playing CPR. Come on.

Look at all their videos and come back and tell me their good people. Look at Callie's adoption videos.[/quote]

Not sure what in my post you misconstrued as disrespectful, but okay. You're the one implying someone is trying to play "pain Olympics" with how they handle their pregnancy and eventual miscarriage. If anything, that is disrespectful. And I have watched their videos, so I guess we are just going to disagree.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You guys know Alex and Phil have their own thread, right?

Anyways, I just watched Kateka’s lastest video - feeling so disappointed for them. It’s a struggle not knowing where things are going wrong, because your next moves are then a shot in the dark.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”