Samika Part 3

tori
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by tori »

I just watched an older video yesterday and they used to refer to Noah as brother as well as PJ as sis, so I think for her it just stuck. Seems like they're already calling the next one brother as well, for now at least.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tori wrote:I just watched an older video yesterday and they used to refer to Noah as brother as well as PJ as sis, so I think for her it just stuck. Seems like they're already calling the next one brother as well, for now at least.

I hadn't heard them calling Noah "brother" . That does make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

lmmomSD wrote:
tori wrote:I just watched an older video yesterday and they used to refer to Noah as brother as well as PJ as sis, so I think for her it just stuck. Seems like they're already calling the next one brother as well, for now at least.

I hadn't heard them calling Noah "brother" . That does make a difference.

I definitely think they dropped it, but I was watching a video from like over a year ago and they were using it. I think it just didn't stick for him, which may very well be a gender thing. I just think it didn't start out that way.

dinomom

Unread post by dinomom »

jumping on about the "sis" nickname. I dont find it weird at all. I had a friend growing up and in her family both her mom and dad always called her "sis." I always thought it was really cute, just because I love nicknames in families. I don't think it has to do with Sam and Jenn saying PJ's only role in the family is being the sister.. I think it is more that it's a cute nickname. Parents calling their kids "bro" just wouldnt sound as cute. I babysit for a family who calls their son "bud" all the time and i find that adorable too. Idk. i think people are reading too much into the nickname
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xclairecameronx »

dinomom wrote:jumping on about the "sis" nickname. I dont find it weird at all. I had a friend growing up and in her family both her mom and dad always called her "sis." I always thought it was really cute, just because I love nicknames in families. I don't think it has to do with Sam and Jenn saying PJ's only role in the family is being the sister.. I think it is more that it's a cute nickname. Parents calling their kids "bro" just wouldnt sound as cute. I babysit for a family who calls their son "bud" all the time and i find that adorable too. Idk. i think people are reading too much into the nickname
Totally agree! I don’t see anything wrong with it and I don’t think Sam or Jenn have ill intentions when calling her “sis.”
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

snowbaby95 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:It's the implication that her only role in life is as Noah's sister.
Did you hear Jenn when PJ chose the blue potty seat? She didn't want the princess one or Minnie Mouse. She wanted the blue one. And Jenn said "Yeah, that just happened" like it was weird. Don't get me wrong, I think Jenn is a sweetheart and a much better mother than most vlogger moms. And maybe it's nitpicking. I do wonder though, if PJ had been a boy, if he would be called by his name, or "Brother". If the new baby is "Brother", I will think differently. But if they call him by his name and PJ is still just Sissy, I will still side eye it a little. I don't think she _means_ to imply that PJ's only role in life is as a sister, but that just shows how ingrained it is.

Isn't it funny how people can perceive the same scene differently? You're probably right, but when I watched that potty seat scene I thought Jen suggested the blue over the girly seat options so that it could be used for the new baby boy too in the future. I've said it before, but sometimes I think PJ is an afterthought for them. She has to share a lot of toys with Noah, do what Noah is doing, etc. I think they need to take them on their own activities more often and put PJ into a tot dance class so she has something of her own.
I have thought the same about PJ. I didnt want to bring it up because I saw how defensive peiple got when I said they are unclean. She gets left out of fun things a lot. She is smarter than they think. When they did the jimmy kimmel halloween joke Noah was in shock/didnt know how to react but you hear PJ throwing a fit before noah realizes but they either ignore her or tell her to be quiet (cant remember which) so they could get Noahs reaction. When they did the gender reveal egg thing she wasn't included. I commented here that it was cute when pj made a wtf face, but its sad that they dont include her. She was in the video but she was in her own little world being ignored.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She may not be speaking clearly a lot, but she definitely has opinions and knows what's going on around her. I hope they don't continue to leave her out of things. And wipe her face, lol.

ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

Noah smiling from ear to ear about SOCKS in today's vlog gave me hope.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1024 mit Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Jenn's pregnancy is just flying by. It's crazy to think they're going to have another little boy soon. I'm so excited to see what he looks like.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Only 5 minutes into today's vlog but PJ's hair looks beautiful in that braid! She is so sweet.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

rdt1004 wrote:Jenn's pregnancy is just flying by. It's crazy to think they're going to have another little boy soon. I'm so excited to see what he looks like.
I think it might seem that way because she doesn’t make it the focus of their vlogs. Ellie, on the other hand, doesn’t let more than 2 minutes go by without mentioning her pregnancy/the baby. Her pregnancy seems never ending compared to Jenn’s even though they are have similar due dates!

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

They're really such better parents than other family vloggers. I love that they take their kids to activities and to have experiences. It's so important for a child's development.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

“Hi, what’s your name?”
“Pappy”
“Penelope! I’m daddy”
“Hi daddy”

My heart! I can’t wait to hear her talk more! She says her name like pappy/peppy. And her voice inflections are exactly like Noah’s. She seems so old! Just realized we’ll be getting a birthday video in two weeks that I’ll definitely cry at. So of course it’s time to go cry at her first birthday video!

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I really hope they don't name their baby Ace or Archer. Ace reminds me of Ace Ventura. Archer is not so bad, but I don't like Archie as a nickname. Please god not Otis lol. It'll be interesting to see what they choose for this boy.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I love Ezra. It's my top choice. Tbh I don't love a bunch of the names on their list though. There's a few cute ones.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I love Ezra. It's my top choice. Tbh I don't love a bunch of the names on their list though. There's a few cute ones.
Name opinions are so subjective, but I love Ezra and Theo! I hope they don't use Bo, Otis, Porter, Turin, or Ace. I can't stand any of those. Archie or Archer could be really cute and I agree with them about how an A Anderson name would be cute.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Oh boy. I did not realize how different my name preferences were from theirs lol. Here’s my breakdown since I have nothing better to do at the moment:

Ace Anderson: It’s okay. Sounds good with N+P. Also sounds like a superhero.

Archie Anderson: Reminds me too much of Archie Andrews and also sounds like a superhero. Archer has actually grown on me in the last few months though.

Bo Anderson: Please God do not name your child Bo. It sounds like a mouthful of socks.

Easton Anderson: A little bit too trendy, but I don’t mind the -on alliteration. It’s a bit of a mouthful when you say it with N+P though.

Ezra Anderson: Meh. Not my thing and I don’t think it sounds great with N+P.

Leo Anderson: One of their better choices. It’s a strong name.

Owen Anderson: I would cry giant tears if they named him Owen. I named my loss baby Owen.

Otis Anderson: It’s a dog. Your child is a dog.

Trey Anderson: Meh. No thanks.

Turin Anderson: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At least they’re aware of the turd references. Also reminds me of spices. Turmeric+cumin.

Porter Anderson: I always think of port-a-potties with this name. But I think it fits with their family better than most.

Taz Anderson: ????

Theo: I like Theodore A LOT more than Theo. I can only think of Theo Huxtable, lol. Noah, Penelope, and Theodore sounds/flows a lot better than Noah, Penelope, and Theo.

Top three personal choices: Owen (personal bias lol), Leo, Porter. If I didn’t include Owen I would swap it with Archer.

This concludes my name breakdown nobody asked for. Thank you all

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I can't believe Taz was a serious contender for Noah's name lmao. I'm glad they didn't use it and I'm hoping they wouldn't use it for this boy either, but it's their choice. I don't think Bo is that bad, but only if it's spelled Beau. Even then, still not my favorite. I love seeing other people's style in baby names though.
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

littlebaby wrote: This concludes my name breakdown nobody asked for. Thank you all Image

I couldnt be bothered to watch the video so thanks for this.

I like Theo, it does fit in well with the other sibling's names!
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Is Easton a choice for E+J as well? It sounds familiar.

Return to “Q-Z”