Bollie Brand

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bollie Brand

Unread post by staceymj »

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:I don’t mean to keep beating a dead horse, but I can’t get over their stupidity. First off, deleting the “popsockets” from their products tab didn’t do much considering the rest of their website has them all over. Also, they are just giving easy evidence that they are still using the pop socket brand name illegally.

Side note, it’s comical how much they’ve been ‘pushing’ the dress over everything else with making the video talking about it. Must not be getting any sales..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I e-mailed the pop socket representive that someone had linked the information to again and told them how they took the popsockets off their product page but were still showing them on their pictures of the phone cases and listed them on the information part of the phone cases and gave them the link to the pictures on the website and a lady named Erin wrote me back today and said they are taking action towards Bonnie and Ellie. :D[/quote]

That’s very interesting! Unfortunately I am sure we will never hear anything about it from B&E and they’ll never admit to any fault. They could just come out and rename them and say something like “we didn’t realise the name “pop-socket” is a trademarked name and were unaware that we were in breach of any laws. We have renamed our phone stands and we apologise for the confusion.” Or some garbage like that. But they won’t, they’d rather try and hide it and hope no one notices.
They need someone to manage their business because they have no idea what they’re doing and their business is an absolute joke at the moment.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Everyone... they read here. Don’t give them tips on how to handle their mess

Also, don’t post about having contacted them, or having said something antagonizing and then act surprised when you get blocked. Especially if your YTMD name resembles your IG name, and you are saying something that was recently discussed here.

MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MandaPanda74 »

Aussiegal2017 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 9b9b76.jpg[/img]

On the left side you can see a bit of a muffin top. It doesn't lay down in flattering way at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

monstermonkey wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:I still can’t get over the print. If you’re only making one dress, why choose such a polarizing print? They are really limiting the amount of people who’d buy it by picking something so out there. I’ve seen plenty of pretty floral prints, I have nothing against floral. But this looks like Hawaiian wallpaper you’d find in a cheap vacation house. I just don’t think it’d be appealing to that many women, especially those of us living in colder climates. It just looks silly.

As for the sports bra, I don’t get that either. It’s too long to really be a bra and doesn’t seem supportive. I think it’d look dumb if you didn’t wear it with the matching leggings. And I think it’d also be uncomfortable to wear with a shirt over it as just a bra (with the zipper and awkward length). It’s more like an outfit for taking a fancy Instagram “work out” picture, not for actually being functional at the gym. How many people want to buy an expensive bra like that that hardly serves any purpose other than looking “cute” in a picture?

On one hand I feel bad for the people who have gotten items that don’t fit and haven’t heard back from customer service...but honestly it’s their fault for missing all the signs that this “business” is sketchy af and run by two complete morons. I’d never drop that much money on items I can’t return. You have to be a complete idiot to do that, just to support your favorite youtubers. No internet celebrity is worth wasting your hard earned money on solely out of support.

I think you nailed the sports bra and leggings. It's an Instagram outfit 100%.
Why not call it what it Is? A sporty crop top.

MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

staceybrax wrote:
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:I don’t mean to keep beating a dead horse, but I can’t get over their stupidity. First off, deleting the “popsockets” from their products tab didn’t do much considering the rest of their website has them all over. Also, they are just giving easy evidence that they are still using the pop socket brand name illegally.

Side note, it’s comical how much they’ve been ‘pushing’ the dress over everything else with making the video talking about it. Must not be getting any sales..

I e-mailed the pop socket representive that someone had linked the information to again and told them how they took the popsockets off their product page but were still showing them on their pictures of the phone cases and listed them on the information part of the phone cases and gave them the link to the pictures on the website and a lady named Erin wrote me back today and said they are taking action towards Bonnie and Ellie. :D
That’s very interesting! Unfortunately I am sure we will never hear anything about it from B&E and they’ll never admit to any fault. They could just come out and rename them and say something like “we didn’t realise the name “pop-socket” is a trademarked name and were unaware that we were in breach of any laws. We have renamed our phone stands and we apologise for the confusion.” Or some garbage like that. But they won’t, they’d rather try and hide it and hope no one notices.
They need someone to manage their business because they have no idea what they’re doing and their business is an absolute joke at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]They are too stupid to run a company.

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

HelloSweetie wrote:Everyone... they read here. Don’t give them tips on how to handle their mess Image

Also, don’t post about having contacted them, or having said something antagonizing and then act surprised when you get blocked. Especially if your YTMD name resembles your IG name, and you are saying something that was recently discussed here.

I totally didn't think about that b/c I was too excited to share my news..........until it was too late and now I can't figure out a way to delete. My bad :( Sorry!
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Their size chart says that’s small fits a size 2/4 medium 6/8.....I would be way too nervous to order something with no return policy when I’m a size 4/6.

Also the dress style/fit/cut/material looks like something Michelle Duggar would wear

YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

The dress looks like a robe.

Mormon temple garments? Lol
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

YellowSweater1950 wrote:The dress looks like a robe.

Mormon temple garments? Lol
And their robe is short enough to be a dress. I think they got them backwards.................
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

pollyanna85 wrote:I'll just leave this here.....[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... ea9dcd.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
i like this print better than the one they selected. it’s actually more on trend. does anyone else find it offensive that they talk about designing the dress and pants when neither of them have any fashion education? and not just them, all these social media personas who start these ventures. i feel bad for people who spend time, money and energy in design school and can barely break into the business.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

chipmunks wrote:
pollyanna85 wrote:I'll just leave this here.....[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... ea9dcd.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
i like this print better than the one they selected. it’s actually more on trend. does anyone else find it offensive that they talk about designing the dress and pants when neither of them have any fashion education? and not just them, all these social media personas who start these ventures. i feel bad for people who spend time, money and energy in design school and can barely break into the business.
It’s the desperation talking. Whitney Port is a legit designer and she is way more humble and down to earth than most YTers, despite also once being part of a hit tv show! She is a new mom and does YT now, and she’s worth checking out if you want to see how “unglamorous” real celebrity life can be. Most of these YTers are just pretending to be what they think a celebrity is.

MandaPanda74
Talker
Talker

Bollie_Dollie_4_Life wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Everyone... they read here. Don’t give them tips on how to handle their mess Image

I totally didn't think about that b/c I was too excited to share my news..........until it was too late and now I can't figure out a way to delete. My bad :( Sorry!
Don't worry, that should not be an excuse that could hold up in court. Especially since we know they were working with people like Natalie Norton and the LDSman.com fella. They knew about the trademark. So did Ellie and Bonnie. They knew what They were doing. They just thought their youtube fame and popularity would allow them to get away with everything.
I was a big supporter. Never commented anything negative, all though at times I wanted to but I would just shake my head and exit out of the video or keep scrolling. I tweeted YouTube for Bonnie. I was a fan. Not any more. I will not support them any longer. They have handled this back lash like children. They are not mentally equipped to run a successful business.

Agent7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Agent7 »

[/quote]

i like this print better than the one they selected. it’s actually more on trend. does anyone else find it offensive that they talk about designing the dress and pants when neither of them have any fashion education? and not just them, all these social media personas who start these ventures. i feel bad for people who spend time, money and energy in design school and can barely break into the business.[/quote]

I find it slightly irritating that they say that they designed the dress 100% for 'Bollie Brand' when the most they did was alter an existing pattern. Sure maybe they tweaked them hem line to be a high low (which is a trend that seems to be on the way out around here), the sleeves, the neckline. But there was an actual pattern designer behind those changes, not 'Bollie'. Their video made it seem like they did all that, but they surely didn't or else it would have been shown. Plus, neither of them have ever been shown extensively sewing or getting any sort of fashion design education. They ordered a lot of cheap dresses from China and slapped "Bollie Brand' on them so they can pretend that they designed them from scratch.
Thegoatsmeow

Unread post by Thegoatsmeow »

How much do you want to bet that when their business does fail, they somehow blame ytmd? The minions will say "I'm so sorry you couldn't win against the haters!"

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by kingoflove21vher »

The pop socket case reminds me of simply_kenna when she uses other artists works under trademark and copyright in her videos and then has the audacity to message them after saying “Oh, I already did it and want my video monetized will you give me permission?!”

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Let me get this straight? Did they already put the dresses on sale?
Is the dress not selling as well as they had hoped? It's barely a week since they launched!
lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lwilson1081 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... b1188a.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... b286f0.jpg[/img]

Poor girl. I wonder what Ellie is in charge of. Maybe customer service? Lol

lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 9853d5.jpg[/img]

This is exactly what I was think when they were talking about this in the video.

lwilson1081
Talker
Talker

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 4f0ed3.jpg[/img]

Viewers? This is your business. It’s customers. It’s got the kiss emoji though so I’m guessing Ellie posted this?

hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hnelson1443 »

Just wanted to share these haha. I know others have said it, but they should've tried harder with the name. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 6153d4.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... b43e3c.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”