8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"Russell, why did you write on Abby's project?"
"I don't know. But I have a really bad cough"
And she just lets it go. He totally changes the subject, and she just lets him get away with it. She couldn't think of white out by herself? Aunt Julie had to come to the rescue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gfraz1964
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gfraz1964 »

I have not watched for a while. I thought they were going to home school Chad again after the Xmas break. Looks like he has been back to school for some time now. What happened?
123789s
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 123789s »

Yeah I thought her dealing with Russell drawing on Abby's poster was really annoying
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Today's vlog

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Toodles123 wrote:Today's vlog ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
No words.
ballerinamonkey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ballerinamonkey »

Today's video is inappropriate. Not family friendly at all.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

1. I haven’t heard anything being referred to a maturation film since I read Hello God, It’s me Margaret.
2. I didn’t watch that video.
3. I would’ve been so embarrassed if my mom showed up at my school for it and then proceeded to put it on the computer.

Seriously Ruby! I hated puberty. It’s awkward time.

skxo3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by skxo3 »

i'd be MORTIFIED if my mom posted "maturation videos" about me to the world :( what's even worse is that i saw comments of girls saying ruby and shari should make a period video talking about embarrassing stories and what they've been through.
PoorLoam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoorLoam »

Watching the vlog just made me even more grateful for my parents that never talked to me about any of that stuff except to tell me to be safe. And to that purity ring. The whole “your body is sacred” thing is so icky. Like your virginity is the most important part of being female. I hope that the kids leave for college out of state and are able to see that the world is larger than this Mormon bubble that they’ve grown up in.
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

PoorLoam wrote:Watching the vlog just made me even more grateful for my parents that never talked to me about any of that stuff except to tell me to be safe. And ImageImage to that purity ring. The whole “your body is sacred” thing is so icky. Like your virginity is the most important part of being female. I hope that the kids leave for college out of state and are able to see that the world is larger than this Mormon bubble that they’ve grown up in.
well, they don't have to keep their virginity sacred for long. They are all encouraged to get married, and be barefoot and pregnant by the age of 18................
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The worst is that comparison of virginity to chewing gum. "No guy wants gum that's been chewed by someone else! Once you chew it, it's ruined"
"Your virginity is a sacred gift". But really, only if you're a woman.

izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

That whole video was just awkward af. I feel so bad for Abby, puberty is an awkward stage and I never felt comfortable talking about it with my parents let alone a million other strangers! god, let her have some privacy!

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I'm probably in the minority, but I love seeing videos that further normalize periods. I like to see girls who are obviously comfortable with talking about it and sharing it. For example I feel Klai from the ohana adventure is genuinely comfortable with being open about it. They make videos about periods often and Klai seems happy to be doing it. If you take a search through YouTube you'll always see girls who are making videos about in on their own. Period tips, stories, how to handle it. In these instances, it's not the parents who are forcing them to share these moments.

That being said, I don't think Abby is as comfortable sharing as some other kids are, which is fine. Too bad Ruby can't respect that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

If it's a young girl sharing it on her own, I think that's great. If it's a parent exploiting puberty for views, that's another ball game entirely. I definitely agree that decreasing the stigma is a good thing. But it's got to be the girl's idea or it's disingenuous.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Defuego wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I love seeing videos that further normalize periods. I like to see girls who are obviously comfortable with talking about it and sharing it. For example I feel Klai from the ohana adventure is genuinely comfortable with being open about it. They make videos about periods often and Klai seems happy to be doing it. If you take a search through YouTube you'll always see girls who are making videos about in on their own. Period tips, stories, how to handle it. In these instances, it's not the parents who are forcing them to share these moments.

That being said, I don't think Abby is as comfortable sharing as some other kids are, which is fine. Too bad Ruby can't respect that.
I have to disagree with you on Ohana adventure. Being open and normalizing it is one thing but all that’s going on there is they realized there was a spike in views with period related stuff so they went with it. It’s like an obsession, down to making those period kit things (including those completely unnecessary cleansing wipes) and taking them to the cousin right after she started. They’ve exploited the girl’s periods for YouTube views. They probably see it as normal now only because they’ve been told a million times they need to talk about it on camera. The tannerites are the absolute worst with this. The girls looks like they want to die every time the mom brings up cramps. It’s great to be open but I these two families in particular at least started by forcing their girls to talk about it with nothing but views and money in mind...now we have to hear every freaking symptom...it’s okay to keep some thing private. But the tweens just eat that stuff up.

izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

Tiger27 wrote:
Defuego wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but I love seeing videos that further normalize periods. I like to see girls who are obviously comfortable with talking about it and sharing it. For example I feel Klai from the ohana adventure is genuinely comfortable with being open about it. They make videos about periods often and Klai seems happy to be doing it. If you take a search through YouTube you'll always see girls who are making videos about in on their own. Period tips, stories, how to handle it. In these instances, it's not the parents who are forcing them to share these moments.

I have to disagree with you on Ohana adventure. Being open and normalizing it is one thing but all that’s going on there is they realized there was a spike in views with period related stuff so they went with it. It’s like an obsession, down to making those period kit things (including those completely unnecessary cleansing wipes) and taking them to the cousin right after she started. They’ve exploited the girl’s periods for YouTube views. They probably see it as normal now only because they’ve been told a million times they need to talk about it on camera. The tannerites are the absolute worst with this. The girls looks like they want to die every time the mom brings up cramps. It’s great to be open but I these two families in particular at least started by forcing their girls to talk about it with nothing but views and money in mind...now we have to hear every freaking symptom...it’s okay to keep some thing private. But the tweens just eat that stuff up.

The Tannerites family was the exact same about the whole period thing with Allie.

ForTheStealthy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ForTheStealthy »

Keeping in mind we only see a portion of their day and personalities. As well as the affect of the camera on playing up certain things. Also they are still kids. Who do we think is where on the real world adjustment scale.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

THE COMMENTS!!!!!
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... d19f0f.jpg[/img]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I think that there is a huge difference in a pre-teen/teen making a video about it compared to the way Ruby and many others go about it, Abby didn't even know what a pad was (which I hope was played up for the vlog because she has surely seen a pad/tampon before). I am glad my mom talked with me about it but I would have died if she posted a video for lord knows how many viewers!
megtanner35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by megtanner35 »

Shari is such a Brat! Didn't want to participate on raising awareness for leukemia! I know Lemons are sour but if this is one tiny thing you can do to help others and raise awareness given the huge platform you have don't you thing you should do it?!?! Just baffled because imagine what people with leukemia have to go thru and she is having a little fit because she has to bite into a lemon WOW!

The video was very acted out but it did get the message across. I know the Tannerites/Yawi family tagged them to do the challenge but she didn't even call them out or mention that they tagged her. I know Ruby didn't call them out because she doesn't want them getting subscribers but thats not the point she should call them out so people can also go watch the tanneries video and raise more awareness.

Ruby also didn't even call out other people to participate in the challenge! This is most likely because she doesn't want other people getting more subscribers or shout outs on her channel. She tries to act like the challenge meant a lot to her which I am sure it did but if she really was for raising awareness she would have shouted other channels out to participate. Maybe she did and I missed it? Im not sure.

Return to “8 Passengers”