BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

ewitsme
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BarelyDailyBoringVideos (Part 103)

Unread post by ewitsme »

Okay so it seems like they didn’t bring Finn because he wouldnt be able to ride the big boy rides but Ollie got on one big boy ride and didn’t like it and then later we see the older boys doing something while Ollie does something else so if they were trying to avoid not having to separate and stuff by not bringing Finn they failed - also I know they probably didn’t show the whole day maybe but it looked like they rode three rides and left. I feel for jingers kids because unless they’re coming back that must of been a pretty disappointing Disneyland trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:toss:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

msrubeus wrote:
coolusername1236 wrote:It's official- I went to see family for Spring break, and my 16 month old nephew talks better than Finn.

P.s. don't waste your time on the "vlog" today. It's just Finn chasing Ollie in a leprechaun outfit, and them getting toys (as usual).
It's pretty bad..my daughter is a couple months older than Finn but speaks better than Ollie, honestly. She's had full sentences since 18 months. Her pronunciation is impeccable. Sometimes I don't want to correct her because if she says something wrong and I say it the right way she won't ever say it wrong again... And some of her mispronunciations are adorable. Like graham crackers are "grand crackers" and basket is "baksek".

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
I was always guilty of this with my daughter. There were a few words that i never corrected her on (bc like your daughter 90% of her speech was perfectly pronounced) bc it was just so damn cute. Lellow for yellow and paKEYcock for peacock. Of course she eventually lost those mispronunciations, mostly all before she started preK. I felt guilty letting her say things wrong, but i knew the second i corrected her she would lose it, and she was so fast on learning the correct way to say things i knew it wouldnt be an issue.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:
avabrooke1226 wrote:Not sure about in Cali but here in CT kids are expected to know basic things before kindergarten (recognize letters, count to 20, write name, etc..) he’s gonna have a hard time and it’s their fault.
I actually find that most schools DON’T expect the kids to start kindy with even basic literacy/number skills. In fact, my kids went with that knowledge, could spell their names and sound out 3&4 letter words, and had lost most of it by Christmas Image. So many kids come in not even recognizing the alphabet that the teachers have to start from absolute scratch, and the kids who DO have those skills end up losing them to work down at peer level.

My sister (kindy teacher) said the majority of the kids aren’t even fully toilet trained anymore, and she sees a ton of 5 year olds with the vocabulary of 2-3 year olds. It’s not even just a district problem. She’s been in the field for nearly 15 years and has worked in several schools all over the province. Across the board, kids are lacking the social, hygienic, communication, numeracy and literacy skills that would have been standard 20 years ago in that age group. And behavioural problems are off the chart. Which isn’t surprising when you consider they can’t communicate their needs effectively. Ollie and Finn, sadly, aren’t outliers. They’re average.
This is so strange to me, bc here in GA they have a "test" for kindergarten, and if your kid can't do certain things, they are not excepted. I'm not sure all it covers now, but when my kids were being evaluated 6-10 years ago they had to count to a certain number, identify at least 10 letters, do a simple puzzle, be able to follow basic instructions to complete a color puzzle (first, put in the yellow square, then put in the red circle.. for example) and some gross motor skills tasks, like walking a balance beam and jumping on one foot. (not to mention mine had to be fully potty trained for preK. Like teachers could NOT help them with bathroom tasks PERIOD, not even buttoning pants) Do they not do this kind of readiness testing anymore?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MamaJoAnna wrote:
sparklyfluff wrote:My youngest is about a month older than Finn. Finn physically (crawling, walking etc) was always ahead of her, however now she speaks in clear full sentences, can count to 10, knows her shapes, colours, animals etc and is starting to learn letters. Makes you realise how far Finn is falling behind considering at one point he was ahead it’s quite sad to see.

They need to enroll him in a 0-3 program to help him catch up. But he's sO aDvAnCeD yOu GuYs!

My son is still in his program (until June) and he talks in sentences (probably 85% clear), reads letters and numbers, counted to 15 just the other day (normally 12), knows colors, shapes, animal sounds, body parts, and all different kinds of cars and trucks. He didn't really start talking until a little after his second birthday.

I showed my son's speech therapist a video of Finn and mentioned the family and he said some people are just too proud to get the help and it's really sad. He told me he saw a 3 year old that was identical to how my son was when we started his program (at 18 months) and it really put into perspective how much he needed the help.

Bryan and Missy are failing these boys. But hey, minions, keep pushing them to have another one!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
But you have to remember too, Missy is a firm believer that kids Finn's age dont NEED to learn things bc they will teach them everything at school when he starts. When kids are Finn's age they just need to worry about playing, not learning things. That's why he's seemingly behind. He COULD know all these things, IF someone where teaching him these things. Hell i started teaching my kids colors and shapes before they were even able to sit up. It's not hard to throw in a few "oh you love your green ball? That ball is GREEN!" while playing with even the smallest babies, and i think that's super important. Just like i think that no baby is too young to be read too, no baby is too young to start at least using learning language around. But Missy expects her kids to learn all that in preK like Ollie. She doesn't understand that it really does make a difference if your kid knows some basic things before they get to school. Ollie could be much more advanced than he is now if she would have just taken the time to teach him.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Unrelated to the discussion but today in Cassie’s q&a she said she is getting married in April and moving and may and will most likely very soon after moving get pregnant.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

calliepaige wrote:[img]<a class="vglnk" href="//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 193348.jpg[/img" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>uploads</span><span>.</span><span>tapatalk</span><span>-</span><span>cdn</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>20180318</span><span>/</span><span>88f1972020ff12f0c024b92671193348</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span></a>]

If that is actually true then she will NEVER convince me that she would just be fine with being a mom of all boys. She's lost her freaking mind ya'll. He makes it sound like it's not just a few things either. Like piles and piles of hidden clothing. And she HIDES it??? Like from Bryan??? Thats not something a stable person does.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Unrelated to the discussion but today in Cassie’s q&a she said she is getting married in April and moving and may and will most likely very soon after moving get pregnant.

As in this year?! Because I heard they were aiming for a May '19 wedding, and waiting for babies.

Missy doesn't seem to want another baby and she can ignore her YT friends popping them out, but she'll be racing to get pregnant so she can be pregnant with her own sister/ or give birth first because if Cassie has the first girl, Missy is gonna be even more mad.

Can't wait. :D :D
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

actuallydear wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Unrelated to the discussion but today in Cassie’s q&a she said she is getting married in April and moving and may and will most likely very soon after moving get pregnant.

As in this year?! Because I heard they were aiming for a May '19 wedding, and waiting for babies.

Missy doesn't seem to want another baby and she can ignore her YT friends popping them out, but she'll be racing to get pregnant so she can be pregnant with her own sister/ or give birth first because if Cassie has the first girl, Missy is gonna be even more mad.

All I heard was April and May she made it seem like she was moving very soon. Maybe I heard wrong.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

maybe she's already pregnant and has to move the wedding up a year..
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

At the stable, I wonder if Finn made that angry/frustrated sound because he can't get a word out. Missy asked how he was doing, and he let out a closed-mouth yell :?

WHY is she putting him to sleep in his old nursery!?!?! He probably has so much trauma in there! How does she think he'll sleep better!?

Ugh. Why is Bryan even in the intro anymore?
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
actuallydear wrote:

All I heard was April and May she made it seem like she was moving very soon. Maybe I heard wrong.

I just watched. They're moving this May, and going to rent a house. Wedding is April 27 (am assuming next year, because she didn't seem certain on that date), and she said they'd buy a house after getting married and get pregnant soon after that.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

actuallydear wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
actuallydear wrote: As in this year?! Because I heard they were aiming for a May '19 wedding, and waiting for babies.

I just watched. They're moving this May, and going to rent a house. Wedding is April 27 (am assuming next year, because she didn't seem certain on that date), and she said they'd buy a house after getting married and get pregnant soon after that.
Yes, this is hat I heard, too. Baby after they buy a house, not after they move into the house they are going to rent.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

They’re so late for school that Missy thinks they should just forget it, yet she has time to vlog and stop at her parents’ house to unload Finn the troublemaker? Lanning Logic. (And by troublemaker, I mean that he was crying and clingy and grumpy because he didn’t feel well...how dare he?!) She really couldn’t even handle the drive to school with both boys? Especially one that didn’t feel well and clearly wanted his mom? Ridiculous.

Then later on, Jinger and her kids come over. It’s past both Ollie and Finn’s bedtime, but Ollie can stay up late to play while Finn gets put to bed in his crib cage.

No wonder Finn took the hot wheels and tried to drive out the front gate His first escape attempt! Go Finn!

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I lived it when he turned the sound machine off
Poor kid back in the dungeon. Hope she gave him clean sheets and dusted the tent and crib off.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

cat9480 wrote:They’re so late for school that Missy thinks they should just forget it, yet she has time to vlog and stop at her parents’ house to unload Finn the troublemaker? Lanning Logic. (And by troublemaker, I mean that he was crying and clingy and grumpy because he didn’t feel well...how dare he?!) She really couldn’t even handle the drive to school with both boys? Especially one that didn’t feel well and clearly wanted his mom? Ridiculous.

Then later on, Jinger and her kids come over. It’s past both Ollie and Finn’s bedtime, but Ollie can stay up late to play while Finn gets put to bed in his crib cage.

No wonder Finn took the hot wheels and tried to drive out the front gate Image His first escape attempt! Go Finn!

I'm sure we'll see more attempts in the future, and they'll treat it like the times Luna escaped.
PenelopeG
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PenelopeG »

Schools out here (in LA) they get tested before kinder. Everyone gets in but they get placed in certain classes. Advanced,regular, slower. My daughter was talking in full and clear sentences by 2 and is highly gifted so she has always been placed in the advanced classes. They had them reading by the end of the year.
It’s kind of not fair because usually the kids in the slower classes stay in the slower classes through elementary because they just don’t go through as much throughout the year.
I have 2 kids on both sides, one that’s highly gifted and one that has a learning disability so I can tell the difference.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

"Terrifying Disney Ride Reaction"? With Ollie in the thumbnail looking scared? Isn't that against the new YouTube regulations? Isn't that openly exploiting Ollie's fear? SMH

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ahhhh all that money spent on the new room for the boys to share... and it's not even been more than what? A couple months and Finn is back in the dungeon. I guess he was still waking up and that led to him waking Ollie.. which is way more than Missy can handle. It was probably harder to get him down for naps as well and god knows Missy has to make that kid nap as much as possible. How long until they redecorate Ollie's bedroom? Ya know since that theme was for the boys to share, he will have to have something different now!
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

What is pre-K? Kindergarten is for 3 year olds here, so I'd be surprised if you expect 2 year olds to read and count and write their own names?

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
michellealiece
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by michellealiece »

minties82 wrote:What is pre-K? Kindergarten is for 3 year olds here, so I'd be surprised if you expect 2 year olds to read and count and write their own names?

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
Pre k is 3&4 year olds. Kindergarten is 5&6 year olds.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Return to “Daily Bumps”