Bollie Hoellein: The Bold & The Blocked | Part 15

WriteMeOut
Talker
Talker

Re: Bollie Hoellein: The Bold & The Blocked | Part 15

Unread post by WriteMeOut »

MomOf286 wrote:Which vlog is the one where the penisgate happened and why on earth is she washing that grown man in front of god and everybody? Those feet!
It's this one:

If I could answer that question, I would. But I don't get it either. I wouldn't feel the need or desire in the least to film anything of the sort. What goes through her mind? I just don't understand. Also, there is no way Joel could have been okay with it, penisgate or not. Again, we see the Griffiths matriarchal nature showing through.
:love2: I am amused. :love2: Image
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Scar2016 »

MomOf286 wrote:Which vlog is the one where the penisgate happened and why on earth is she washing that grown man in front of god and everybody? Those feet!
Bonnie: ''Because he's MY husband and because I can!!!'' Cue hubristic smile to camera. It would be the same argument she uses for her (sometimes) questionable parenting choices and the same argument for filming and exploiting her children to earn an income and fund her lifestyle. They are HER children, so there. He is MY husband, so there. If I didn't know any better I'd think the humans in her life were possessions.

If you think of Joel as having authentic pride and Bonnie having hubristic pride, Bonnie's behaviour over Bollie/couchgate*** seems self explanatory:

Joel to a tea:
Authentic pride, as a core self-conscious emotion is believed to motivate people to persevere in the absence of extrinsic incentives and to foster the pursuit of altruistic and valued goal-relevant behavior.

Bonnie:
''....there is indirect evidence suggesting a link between hubristic pride and the pursuit of goals so as to attain acknowledgement from others. That is, hubristic pride has been linked to a hierarchical dominance orientation, in which status depends on social validation.''***

Here's a link for more reading - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3137237/ It also states there's a correlation between better impulse control in authentic pride than there is in hubristic pride because their goals are intrinsic and core related rather than extrinsic and social validation/dominance related. I can't help thinking of last spring when Bonnie impulsively took her kids out of school for a month to go to Hawaii (a mere couple of months after she came back from there) because it was oh so important they had to do it right then and there and it just simply couldn't wait til they were out of school for the summer. There's also a link to a higher percentage of anti social behavior in hubristic pride and there was that awful 'story time' vlog a few months after they got back from Hawaii where she recalls, while there, she had to go poop in the car. She did so, into a towel, and thought it perfectly ok to dump (excuse the pun) said contents into someone's household bin outside their home. If that's not anti-social behavior I don't know what is. She may have 'appeared' mortified in the vlog retelling that event but she made the decision and carried it out nonetheless.

Footnote: I'll also leave this here for you Bonnie, you're welcome:
Hubris - An ancient Greek word meaning pride or arrogance, used particularly to mean the kind of excessive pride or conceit that often brings about someone's downfall.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

WriteMeOut wrote:
It's this one:

If I could answer that question, I would. But I don't get it either. I wouldn't feel the need or desire in the least to film anything of the sort. What goes through her mind? I just don't understand. Also, there is no way Joel could have been okay with it, penisgate or not. Again, we see the Griffiths matriarchal nature showing through.
Joel was the one holding the camera and the one who edited the final video. He could have refused to vlog or cut that out altogether. He's not the saint people think he is.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

^ Of coarse Joel's no saint, you've gotta be dead to be a saint. Joking aside, he's human and no human is perfect and that includes Joel. The main difference most of us see is he doesn't display the narc traits his wife does. He may have them and hide them better (I don't think so), he may not have them at all, but this YouTube gig may even eventually get to his ego. He's been away from a regular f/t job coming up 2 years now. It would be an interesting thesis to study the timeline it takes from inception of SAH vlogger to the floodgate of full blown ego. It reminds me of quantum mechanics where the particle changes it's behavior/direction when it knows it's being observed, much like vloggers. But with vlogging there's the added element of easy $$$ thrown in so it's hard to see how it can't mess with one's psyche eventually.

The irony is, by the time the above has happened it's too late for the vlogger to rationally see what they've become. They can't see it because the ego has become so big it's causing a blind spot where rationale and humility once was. This is why they get so defensive and angry and call everyone a hater, imo.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

If they wouldn’t laugh every time Lincoln got into the ice cream maybe he would learn that it’s not OK!!

Also I hate when parents are vlogging and the kid is tagging along behind them.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Bonnie's attitude was sure salty in todays video...makes you want to turn the video off rather then watch her act like that.
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by LumpyDays »

I think Joel really wants everyone to think Bonnie is this Saintly wife so he put the foot washing thing up with that in mind.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

LumpyDays wrote:I think Joel really wants everyone to think Bonnie is this Saintly wife so he put the foot washing thing up with that in mind.

Yup, it was damage control for her comment about not even paying Joel any attention the day after his surgery because she was too busy cuddling mommy dearest on the too small, out of place couch!!
Turns out their damage control needed damage control...oops. haha
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Bonnie's attitude was sure salty in todays video...makes you want to turn the video off rather then watch her act like that.
In the less than 60 second clip when she was opening that fake plant her comments and tone were laden with passive aggression. Her tone was aggressive but her comments were passive, passive meaning she was indirectly referencing backlash made about Bollie such as 'made in China' and 'fake' (pop sockets) and stubbing her 'bad toe' (ref more negative comments about Joel's foot and her ignoring him all day) with her face shoved right up to camera. I don't know, I could be reaching but it was her aggressive tone that just seemed so unnecessary within the context of opening a damn fake plant. I think it was her thinking she's being clever to stick it to the haters without Joel pulling her up on being outright bitchy when he edits. She knows he likes her humour and she thinks that's what he would have seen in that little scene.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I’m behind in the vlogs because frankly I cannot stand them anymore. Why the hell do all 4 kids have sippy cups now? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 19137e.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I wanted to tell her to pipe it down in that clip. She has become so obnoxious while trying to show her salty attitude towards the haters. Ugh, I really want to like her like I used to...but I don't think that is going to happen.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

omg i totally forgot about the time she threw her shit in some poor unsuspecting person’s garbage can. i can’t believe anybody ever tried to defend that
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

When Joel told Cody "that's the way you win 'em" in today's vlog about giving women money & presents... :roll: :roll: :roll:
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

snowbaby95 wrote:When Joel told Cody "that's the way you win 'em" in today's vlog about giving women money & presents... :roll: :roll: :roll:
I rolled my eyes as well...toxic
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I wanted to tell her to pipe it down in that clip. She has become so obnoxious while trying to show her salty attitude towards the haters. Ugh, I really want to like her like I used to...but I don't think that is going to happen.
Can you imagine if that were irl, it would be classed as patronising and rude at the very least and bullying at worst. I can imagine her being quite intimidating, as someone mentioned up thread about how they know or someone they know is a mother at Bonnie's kidses school and how she comes across.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Scar2016 wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:I wanted to tell her to pipe it down in that clip. She has become so obnoxious while trying to show her salty attitude towards the haters. Ugh, I really want to like her like I used to...but I don't think that is going to happen.
Can you imagine if that were irl, it would be classed as patronising and rude at the very least and bullying at worst. I can imagine her being quite intimidating, as someone mentioned up thread about how they know or someone they know is a mother at Bonnie's kidses school and how she comes across.
If I remember right didn’t Krypto run their IP and it was Idaho or something? Maybe that was another board...

candy_toffee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by candy_toffee »

snowbaby95 wrote:When Joel told Cody "that's the way you win 'em" in today's vlog about giving women money & presents... :roll: :roll: :roll:

It's straight up benevolent sexism. It might look nice and pretty but it's still sexism. It's sad they are raising their boys to look at women as possessions i.e., something to be won.
And teaching their girls that they are fragile, special and something to be protected at all costs. This kind of teaching severely limits women's ability to develop a sense of self, a sense of pride and a sense of personal accomplishment. Keeping them indoctrinated with ideas that they only belong in the home as mothers and wives because they need to be protected and worshiped causes them to lose any ideas that they can be whatever they want to be. It prevents them from pursuing greater life goals. THIS is the great travesty of the benevolent sexism that is RAMPANT in their family.
hnelson1443
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hnelson1443 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I’m behind in the vlogs because frankly I cannot stand them anymore. Why the hell do all 4 kids have sippy cups now? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201803 ... 19137e.jpg[/img]

My 2 1/2 year old doesn't even use sippy cups anymore...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

candy_toffee wrote:

It's straight up benevolent sexism. It might look nice and pretty but it's still sexism. It's sad they are raising their boys to look at women as possessions i.e., something to be won.
And teaching their girls that they are fragile, special and something to be protected at all costs. This kind of teaching severely limits women's ability to develop a sense of self, a sense of pride and a sense of personal accomplishment. Keeping them indoctrinated with ideas that they only belong in the home as mothers and wives because they need to be protected and worshiped causes them to lose any ideas that they can be whatever they want to be. It prevents them from pursuing greater life goals. THIS is the great travesty of the benevolent sexism that is RAMPANT in their family.
Best. Analysis. Ever.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote:
candy_toffee wrote:

Best. Analysis. Ever.
I think it’s a bit much based off one comment. We’ve seen from Joel that he respects Bonnie, and doesn’t treat her like a possession. Cody did a kind thing, and it’s kind and thoughtful actions that can win someone over. Most women are looking for a man that will be in touch with their needs and desires and “take care of them.” Not in a patronizing way, but in a partnership. Some women have a love language that involves gifts and surprises. That’s a natural need for some to feel loved. We’ve seen Bonnie is one of these women, and so hats what Joel knows works from his experience. If a man is thoughtful and kind enough to recognize his woman’s needs, then it’s likely he will also be a good father. I don’t know many women that are looking for a man that they can take care of. Joel clearly doesn’t own Bonnie, and I don’t think he would ever claim to.

The Griffiths women are staying at home because they are being made to. They want to. Victimizing all women that value a partnership where the man is the breadwinner is just as ignorant and dismissive as the argument that men are better than women. Many of us are stay at home moms on these boards. Many of us have hard working husbands and appreciate the validation that comes with a surprise gift. Winning someone over does not equate to owning them in my opinion.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”